Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church (3319 Views)

Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by AOmega: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
Joel Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Church, will be charging up to $147 for "preferred seating&quot" at his 'Night of Hope' sermon in Key Arena in Seattle Washington while Pastor Myles Munroe recently charged $199 for a pay-per-view of his recent church conference.

Full Story:

http://beginningandend.com/prosperity-gospel-wild-joel-osteen-myles-munroe-charging-100-services/
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by DeepSight(m): 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2011
Joagbaje can you please comment on this. I seem to recall that last year Christ Embassy did something similar for their New Year Service. It was N1000 per head. What can justify such please.
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by PastorKun(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
Meanwhile Morriss cruello charged $2,000 for annointing oil/special prayers at TREM convention just last month (November). Business is really booming for false prophets just like the bible foretold.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:42am On Dec 11, 2011
Deep Sight:

Joagbaje can you please comment on this.

I was trying to get to the real source . I dont like to conclude from one sided account .The link here is still from baddie camp.  I would have loved to know if it's a church service or a conference etc. you know people can register with. Money for a conference . And the registration covers things such as conference materials, certificate(when applicable ) feeding or refreshment (when applicable ) etc.

But if it's for church service, it's not proper to pay money.

I seem to recall that last year Christ Embassy did something similar for their New Year Service. It was N1000 per head. What can justify such please.

Well, I don't approve of the action,But I try making judgment on motive . It was not done for the purpose of raising money. The planning committee made a mistake there.  But we should know it was not impose on people. The hall could only take few people . It was used as a studio for LIVE broadcast. Crowd had to be controlled  ,nothing must go wrong in a LIVE broadcast which would be viewed worldwide.  People were discouraged from coming . The 1000 ticket was introduced as a measure to discouraged people. Several options were made available . Hundreds of centers were created in lagos. Tv stations were paid to broadcast it LIVE . So that people dont have to leave their homes .  Many still wanted to get into the main hall. And those who got the ticket were excited to get it. Provisions were made for other big halls which served as over flow. Near the LCA. So if you have seat reservation ticket , you go to the main hall if you don't have reservation go to the other halls.
I believe the committee did excellent plan with the seat reservation idea. The purpose was archived . No casualty or overcrowd. But they could have done all these without adding 1000 to it. They could have just done first come first served. But their fear was that many people will collect 20 tickets or more with the hope of using it to make reservation for friends and relatives. while some many not get. And at the end of the day. those who collect may end up not using them for one reason or the other because its free. They felt introducing money will make those who get it to keep it. Well a solution to that is to ensure only one ticket goes to an individual. Nobody collects for another . If that is hard , maybe Some want to get for another they can go online or so. But I'm very certain the idea was not money making. I believe there will still be seat reservation this year and it will be free.
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by thehomer: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2011
A-Omega:

Joel Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Church, will be charging up to $147 for "preferred seating&quot" at his 'Night of Hope' sermon in Key Arena in Seattle Washington while Pastor Myles Munroe recently charged $199 for a pay-per-view of his recent church conference.

Full Story:

http://beginningandend.com/prosperity-gospel-wild-joel-osteen-myles-munroe-charging-100-services/

Business is booming.
$199 to watch a conference on television? shocked
No wonder they need sheep.
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by Lasinoh: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
Serves the 'moogoos' right!
A fool and his or her money are soon parted! kiss
Mu he he he he
They wills soon start charging to 'view' poohsies at the altars of the LORD!
Da real 'pay per vue'!

grin
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by cashmentor(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
Freely u were given, freely u should give, Church services ain't seminars for reaping pple,
Re: Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2011
touch not my anointed.

(1) (Reply)

The Obsession Of Atheists With The "Christian God" / All You Need To Know About Spiritual Husband Or Wife / All Naija Sermons: Download Most Powerful Nigerian Pastor Audio Sermons Here,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.