Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

What Colour Is God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Colour Is God (3041 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / What Colour Is God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Colour Is God by DAVE5(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
i am curious to know wat colour God is to u,cos most times wen i visualise HIM inmy mind i see HIM as white,is this rite
Re: What Colour Is God by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2011
D.A.V.E:

i am curious to know wat colour God is to u,cos most times wen i visualise HIM inmy mind i see HIM as white,is this rite

Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why. Don't let those white folks decieve you, God looks like Morgan Freeman.

Re: What Colour Is God by mazaje(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2011
Most people visualize God based on the people who brought the idea to them. . .Since most Nigerians believe in either the white manor Arab man's God, its natural to visualize God as a white man or an entity with Arabic identity. . .
Re: What Colour Is God by DAVE5(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
my GOD doesnt look anytin like morgan freeman
Re: What Colour Is God by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
D.A.V.E:

my GOD doesnt look anytin like morgan freeman

I'm sorry, of course God isn't black. How can god be depicted as black? My bad!!

D.A.V.E:

[s]Let's get into colonial/slavery mentality then[/s]. I hope this one is better and fits your mental image of god.

Re: What Colour Is God by lepasharon(f): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
^ that is an actual person,
It want a figment of Michel Angelos imagination,that drawing is after someone.
The truth is coming out White ppl are not as great as we think. or they think they are.

God is Black.
Jesus is black.
His disciples were black
The real jews are black
The angels in heaven are black
His chosen ppl are BLACK!
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 8:03am On Dec 11, 2011
God is the color of water. When the sun touches this clear liquid, all colors of the rainbow are visible.
Re: What Colour Is God by newmi(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2011
TisaBone:

God is the color of water. When the sun touches this clear liquid, all colors of the rainbow are visible.
hmmmmmmmmmm interesting, any prove?
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
proof is hard to come by in this life. and god isn't of this world. so the the answer is no. but really, god is not a person, so why would he truly have a skin "color" ? god  just is. people need to stop focusing on what they think he may look like and focus on the message.

but at the end of the day

more importantly

if God had a color, he would be the color of love (and water)

because

God is LOVE. (who's skin color is water)

but does love have a color? (that's like asking if water has a taste)

Or any boundaries?

Not that I know of.
Re: What Colour Is God by Joagbaje(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2011
God is light
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
^God is light and darkness.
Re: What Colour Is God by Thatdave(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2011
those who have seen anything close to God has seen a source of light they cannot withstand,
so they fell, or slipped into a trance.
'the voice of God is not something you hear in your ears, its a presense that comes around you, then you get the interpretation of the message in your soul' - TB Joshua (the greatest living prophet)
Re: What Colour Is God by Thatdave(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

a kindom that rises against itself shall fall.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
Thatdave:

a kindom that rises against itself shall fall.

the forces must be balanced. angry
Re: What Colour Is God by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
God is colourless - I think this suits everyone.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
phxc:

God is colourless - I think this suits everyone.

you are talking about air. God is not air.
Re: What Colour Is God by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 12, 2011
God could be air; after all, he's invisible.
Re: What Colour Is God by Joagbaje(m): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

He is not darkness sir,

1 John 1:5
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2011
phxc:

God could be air; after all, he's invisible.
God is manifest in all its creations. therefore God can be visible.

Joagbaje:

He is not darkness sir,

1 John 1:5
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

he is darkness AND light Sir.

christianity is false religion and does not understand & respect the balancing of the forces, one of the basic[b] Laws of Nature[/b], which is the basis of Traditional Paganism.

I repeat, [size=32pt]THE FORCES MUST BE BALANCED[/size].

there is light in darkness and darkness in light. without either, there is no comparision.
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
god is everything. a mere mortal could never comprehend. someone said that there must be a balance between good and evil. just as good always existed, so always has evil. it was the knowledge of good and evil that god initially tried to shield man from. we were created in his image, and god created us for the sheer pleasure, because it was pleasing to him. we were meant to be the embodiment of him. all of us have a piece of god in us. whether they be black or white.

the fallen angel lucifer that we colloquially know as satan is a creation of god. not many people want to face that fact. but satan did not come into existence by himself. Satan is a NECESSARY EVIL. Satan has a PURPOSE. and that is to lie, steal and destroy. HE IS THE EMBODIMENT of EVIL AND CHAOS. The exact opposite of God, whom God did create to give Mankind the CHOICE. and the freewill, to CHOOSE whether they want to do the right thing. Or we can do wrong as well. That's up to us. That's how much God loves us, that he does not wish to impose his will on us. He wants us to come to him freely.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2011
TisaBone:

god is everything. a mere mortal could never comprehend. someone said that there must be a balance between good and evil. just as good always existed, so always has evil. it was the knowledge of good and evil that god initially tried to shield man from. we were created in his image, and god created us for the sheer pleasure, because it was pleasing to him. we were meant to be the embodiment of him. all of us have a piece of god in us. whether they be black or white.

the fallen angel lucifer that we colloquially know as satan is a creation of god. not many people want to face that fact. but satan did not come into existence by himself. Satan is a NECESSARY EVIL. Satan has a PURPOSE. and that is to lie, steal and destroy. HE IS THE EMBODIMENT of EVIL AND CHAOS. The exact opposite of God, whom God did create to give Mankind the CHOICE. and the freewill, to CHOOSE whether they want to do the right thing. Or we can do wrong as well. That's up to us. That's how much God loves us, that he does not wish to impose his will on us. He wants us to come to him freely.

shut up. you are being biased. The Creator God did not create us in his image. There are other creatures in this world too, apart from us humans. the countless other animals like cattle, monkeys, lions, hyena, elephant, zebra, tiger, etc and the fishes, the insects and the birds. The Gods can be in their image too.

just because we human are smarter than fellow animals, it doesnt mean we are in Gods image. This is one reason why i hate christianity. it always tries to portray human superiority and the concept of one entity being superior to the others. this is what made white man enslave us peoples. white man thinks he is superior to us just as we humans think we are superior to animals.

God can even be in the image of the countless animals, birds etc. after all, we are all its creations.

MANS PRIDE WILL BE HIS DOWNFALL. angry
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2011
god loves all of his creations. you are correct. why do you think that man is suffering now? With Global Warming, the ozone layer getting thinner and thinner with each passing year, and forests being cut down to make room our man made sky scrapers, etc. There is a natural order, and man disturbs this order. You are correct, no creation is better than the other. that is why we suffer here why we are on earth, because time and time again men think they are god, when there is only one living god. the supreme being and creator of everything.

but while there no one one living thing better than the other, I also believe in survival of the fittest. Human beings, and our ancestors have been around for millions of years. but there was also a time when men did not walk this earth. in the time of dinosaurs and other creatures who were at the top of the food chain. Now it is human beings. This is the natural order. God has entrusted us, and given us dominion over this earth. But time and time again we fail, and destroy ourselves instead. That is why in the end there will be no earth, and other forms of life will take hold and eventully replace life as we now know it.

But until that time, the purpose of human beings is to try to do the right thing while we are on this earth. Know that we are born into sin, and in sin we will die. But also to know that death is not the end, only the beginning. And those who believed in HIM without seeing with the naked eye, shall find peace in the herafter.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
dinosaurs were never on the top of the food chain. there were herbivores and carnivores as well. however i see that you have understood what i said, and so i shall argue no further.  smiley

also remember, humans have the capability to reason. therefore we must make full use of it in order to serve and help less capable beings, animals and species, so that we all survive the challenges and co-exist peacefully on this, our Mother Earth.
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
i never sought to argue with you brother. my only intention was to educate you, to enlighten you, to expose you to a different school of thought, which is my interpretation of God's law, and what he deems his flock to follow. My only hope for you, is that you also may experience the joys of submission to the supreme creator of everything, because that is the only way that true peace can be attained in this tulmultous world.

until then i will continue to pray for you.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
i believe in the creator. i dont know what you are talking about. undecided
Re: What Colour Is God by TisaBone: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

dinosaurs were never on the top of the food chain. there were herbivores and carnivores as well. however i see that you have understood what i said, and[b] so i shall argue no further[/b].  smiley

also remember, humans have the capability to reason. therefore we must make full use of it in order to serve and help less capable beings, animals and species, so that we all survive the challenges and co-exist peacefully on this, our Mother Earth.
Re: What Colour Is God by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2011
so just because i said that[i] i shall argue no further[/i], you took it as[i] i dont believe in the creator[/i] undecided

wow. tongue

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE: The Nachi "Miracle" River (pictures) / Popular Abuja Catholic Priest Rev Fr Willy Ojukwu Is Dead / Leader O. O. Obu Visits The Apostolic Church In Dallas, Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.