Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,390 members, 7,853,745 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

The Heart Is The Root - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heart Is The Root (499 Views)

Your Heart Is Your Religion / So The Human Heart Is Deceitful - The Difference Between The Heart And Mind. / Word From The Lord - My Heart Is Breaking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heart Is The Root by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2011
The Republican Debate was held tonight in Des Moines, Iowa, and I decided to watch it, even though for several years now I’ve turned my back on politics. I’ve done so because I came to realize that knowing the issues, or even having a platform on which to promote one’s opinions concerning them, actually does little to change the world.

Yes, political debates can lead to knowledge which can lead to change, and societies may truly become more civil and just, but except for the increase in opportunities to come to know Truth and walk in it, the peoples of the earth will always remain in their lost condition –separated forever from their Creator. For better policies and a better economy cannot cleanse hearts; yet it is the heart which must be transformed in order for peace and justice to rule. This Rule, however, as God’s Word informs us, will never happen until Jesus returns to earth bodily. Instead, until then, people will grow more and more wicked and deceived. (2 Tim. 3:1-5 & 2 Thes. 2:7-12)

If we genuinely want to change the world, then we must go to the root of all the problems of the world. The root is sin. And we need to go to where this root grows –to where the seed of sin is sown… where it begins. This location is the heart. (Matt. 15:18) A person can have head knowledge of what is right and wrong –what constitutes cordial conduct within The Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12 & Rom. 13:10)– but it is his heart which deprives him of upholding that which he knows is right.

For the unredeemed heart is more powerful than the will, causing a man to say, “I do what I do not want to do… For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.” (Rom. 7:15,18) –Cannot. The actions of humankind across the globe and down through history originate in the hearts of people who cannot do good. For the “unspiritual… [man is] a prisoner of the law of sin… sold as a slave to sin.” (v. 14,23,14) Therefore, no amount of law change, medical or scientific advancement, or economic or social reform, will keep evil from festering in unwashed hearts. The heart, therefore, must undergo deep, thorough, complete, and total cleansing. Without this, there is no new spirit (Ezek. 36:25-27), no new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), and no entrance into the Kingdom of God. (John 3:3)

So, if a washed heart is what we all need to go through, how does this happen? It happens only when we invite the Holy Spirit to take up rule within our heart and then submit to the process (Titus 3:5 & John 3:3-8 & Rom. 8:9 & Acts 5:32), turning our back forever on one kingdom and adhering to the rules of citizenship in Christ’s Kingdom. This is why Jesus says in Mark 1:15, “The time has come. The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!” And it is why He taught that His Kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36) “because the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

This world’s concerns are not our concerns, except as they affect souls for eternity. Furthermore, God’s Word clearly commands that in order to be received as a child of God, we must come out from the world and be separate. (2 Cor. 6:14-18 & James 4:4) Yes, Christ wants us in the world (John 17:15), but not belonging to the world any more than He Himself belonged to it. (v. 14) And why does He keep us here? It is so that we will go into all the world, vessels and representatives of Him. (v. 18 & 14:12 & 20:21-23 & Matt. 28:19,20 & Acts 1:8 & 2 Cor. 5:18-20) This is the only way to save men from what ails them; but it starts with showing them their need of a washed heart.

The focus must be the heart –each, individual heart. And the transformation –the ability to carry out the good we want to do– does not come by way of men’s wisdom or persuasion or talent or charisma or leadership or might, but from the Spirit. (Zech. 4:6) “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.” (1 Cor. 4:20) –Power, not to reform a diseased world, but power to set their captives free. –Free to enter and walk in a new kingdom:  The Kingdom of Love and Truth.

Article

(1) (Reply)

The Name Of David / Street To Straight After 24 Years Of Homelessness And Addiction / Faith, Self Defined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.