Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983643 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
ogodos: Advice me.. Can i use a bank statement of 4month? and how much should my sister have in bank account if she sponsoring for my visiting to the UK

is she going with you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
pls can someone change sponsor after one has being refused based on the sponsorer. like from step-father to uncle and what are the implications as regards that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ogodos(m): 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nope am going alone..and can she sponsoring me using a bankstatement of 4month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by k2joye: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is it a new account?
What do you mean by 4 months?
ogodos: Nope am going alone..and can she sponsoring me using a bankstatement of 4month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
ogodos: Nope am going alone..and can she sponsoring me using a bankstatement of 4month?

Bros that means she will be spending her own savings for your own holiday---you cant get sponsored for vacation na --

perhaps if she can give you the money and you proof strong ties to nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 5:00am On Sep 09, 2013
Dis Guy:

is she going with you?

Anybody can sponsor you as long as you can show relationship. And it's good to mention potential sponsors where they ask if you receive support from family just incase.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2013

I will be surprised if you are given a visa, even with 10yrs old bank statement your chances of getting a visa is remote.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:40am On Sep 09, 2013
riteaide:

Anybody can sponsor you as long as you can show relationship. And it's good to mention potential sponsors where they ask if you receive support from family just incase.
O yeah, even your brother-in-law can sponsor you with his own life savings to travel to travel to the UK for your own vacation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ogodos(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yes it a new bank account...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donchichi: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Please, Does anyone know if the UK embassy grants 1yr general tourist visas?

I'm not sure if this has been asked a million times. I apologise in advance.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
donchichi: Please, Does anyone know if the UK embassy grants 1yr general tourist visas?

I'm not sure if this has been asked a million times. I apologise in advance.

Thanks.
YES.
Though, the most commonly sought visas are the ones for 6 months and 2 years, but there is also for 1 year under same category

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lakayanababy: 12:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
O yeah, even your brother-in-law can sponsor you with his own life savings to travel to travel to the UK for your own vacation?

yes, a brother in-law can sponsor him/her... Mine has in the near past, so why not someone else? Maybe not with his entire life's savings, but if he has a generous amount, why not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2013
lakayanababy:

yes, a brother in-law can sponsor him/her... Mine has in the near past, so why not someone else? Maybe not with his entire life's savings, but if he has a generous amount, why not?

Sponsor an adult for holidays to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 9:38am On Sep 10, 2013
ogodos: Yes it a new bank account...

Transfer the money into your account and run the account for 4 months. Your chance of getting visa if your sister sponsor you is 10%.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Sep 10, 2013
wola44:

Transfer the money into your account and run the account for 4 months. Your chance of getting visa if your sister sponsor you is 10%.

Even with that his chances is pretty remote, having money in your account without a proven source will not get you a visa. Does he work, own a business? How much does the sister earn in a year to give him such a amount for foreign holiday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

Even with that his chances is pretty remote, having money in your account without a proven source will not get you a visa. Does he work, own a business? How much does the sister earn in a year to give him such a amount for foreign holiday?

Justwise u are very correct.

@ Ogodos are u working now ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by riteaide: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
justwise:

Sponsor an adult for holidays to the UK?

Yes, if there is a good. Reason . I
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBee: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hello House,

I am so devastated at the moment, i have been refused uk visa for the second time. the first time it was because i was applying alone and not with my husband. Then we decided that we apply together for the second time, provided all documents including wedding pics, introduction letter from employer, tax clearance, land documents, bank statements, investment account statement, introduction letter from my husband's brother who is a british citizen etc. And we discovered that we has been rejected today, our applications were sent to sheffield. Their reasons are below.
For my husband
"On your application you stated that you have been employed as a banker since 17/10/2007 and that you earn a total monthly income of 359,479.16 NGN (1461.36) a month. As evidence of this you have presented an employment letter form Bleep Bank. I note that your stated income is reflected in your bank statements, however I note that on28/07/2012 the balance in your account was 32,845.92 NGN (133.53) and then you deposited a total of NGN 1,503,500 (6,112.05) into your account between the 29/07/2013 and 07/08/2013. This funds represent more than 4 times your declared income. I do not find it credible that the credits to your account would be inconsistent, if your stated income was an accurate reflection of your actual circumstances especially that you have stated you do not receive any income from any other source because I am not able to understand the origin of funds held in your bank, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely available to support your visit not that the balance of this account is a true reflection of your usual financial circumstances. Furthermore I note that you have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the UK which might offset my concerns……………… Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds reffered to in section 84 (1) (c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002”

And for Mine

“On your application you stated that you have been employed as a banker since 17/10/2007 and that you earn a total monthly income of 169,000 NGN (687.02) a month. As evidence of this you have presented an employment letter form XXXXX. The bank statement indicate a current balance on 12/08/2013 of 118,798.16 (482.94) I note that you have indicated that the cost of the trip to you personally with be 900 pounds and considering that this represents more than the funds held in your bank account, I am not satisfies that this expenditure is credible when considered against your personal circumstances. Furthermore I note that you have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the UK which might offset my concerns. You stated that your husband gives you 120pounds monthly for upkeep, however you have not provided any evidence of this. Furthermore I note that you have stated that your spouse will give you 1600 pounds towards the cost of your trip, however I note that on 28/07/2013 the balance your sponsor’s account was 32,845.92 NGN (133.53) and then he deposited a total of NGN 1,503,500 (6,112.05) into his account between the 29/07/2013 and 07/08/2013. This funds represent more than 4 times his declared income. I do not find it credible that the credits to his account would be inconsistent if he doesn’t receive any income from any other source because I am not able to understand the origin of funds held in your bank, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely available to support your visit not that the balance of his account is a true reflection of his usual financial circumstances ……………… Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds reffered to in section 84 (1) (c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002”

Meanwhile i submitted an investment account statement with 500k in it, this was not mentioned. Please we are so confused, help us with your suggestions, we are thinking of writing them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
MrsBee: Hello House,

I am so devastated at the moment, i have been refused uk visa for the second time. the first time it was because i was applying alone and not with my husband. Then we decided that we apply together for the second time, provided all documents including wedding pics, introduction letter from employer, tax clearance, land documents, bank statements, investment account statement, introduction letter from my husband's brother who is a british citizen etc. And we discovered that we has been rejected today, our applications were sent to sheffield. Their reasons are below.
For my husband
"On your application you stated that you have been employed as a banker since 17/10/2007 and that you earn a total monthly income of 359,479.16 NGN (1461.36) a month. As evidence of this you have presented an employment letter form Bleep Bank. I note that your stated income is reflected in your bank statements, however I note that on28/07/2012 the balance in your account was 32,845.92 NGN (133.53) and then you deposited a total of NGN 1,503,500 (6,112.05) into your account between the 29/07/2013 and 07/08/2013. This funds represent more than 4 times your declared income. I do not find it credible that the credits to your account would be inconsistent, if your stated income was an accurate reflection of your actual circumstances especially that you have stated you do not receive any income from any other source because I am not able to understand the origin of funds held in your bank, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely available to support your visit not that the balance of this account is a true reflection of your usual financial circumstances. Furthermore I note that you have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the UK which might offset my concerns……………… Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds reffered to in section 84 (1) (c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002”

And for Mine

“On your application you stated that you have been employed as a banker since 17/10/2007 and that you earn a total monthly income of 169,000 NGN (687.02) a month. As evidence of this you have presented an employment letter form XXXXX. The bank statement indicate a current balance on 12/08/2013 of 118,798.16 (482.94) [/b]I note that you have indicated that the cost of the trip to you personally with be 900 pounds and considering that this represents more than the funds held in your bank account, I am not satisfies that this expenditure is credible when considered against your personal circumstances. Furthermore I note that you [b]have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the UK which might offset my concerns. You stated that your husband gives you 120pounds monthly for upkeep, however you have not provided any evidence of this. Furthermore I note that you have stated that your spouse will give you 1600 pounds towards the cost of your trip, however I note that on 28/07/2013 the balance your sponsor’s account was 32,845.92 NGN (133.53) and then he deposited a total of NGN 1,503,500 (6,112.05) into his account between the 29/07/2013 and 07/08/2013. This funds represent more than 4 times his declared income. I do not find it credible that the credits to his account would be inconsistent if he doesn’t receive any income from any other source because I am not able to understand the origin of funds held in your bank, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely available to support your visit not that the balance of his account is a true reflection of his usual financial circumstances ……………… Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds reffered to in section 84 (1) (c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002”

Meanwhile i submitted an investment account statement with 500k in it, this was not mentioned. Please we are so confused, help us with your suggestions, we are thinking of writing them.

While waiting for the experts to do justice to your refusal, the highlighted parts need to be addressed.

It was obvious there was money lodgments in your husband's account, the funds available for your trip is inadequate especially when you proposed that the trip will cost you 900 pounds and your account balance is half of that. Also, you don't have any travel history to offset the concern.

Those are the things you need to address. This thread is full of info that can help your situation, make time out to read from the beginning of this thread and you will be glad you did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tats(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
MrsBee: Hello House,

For my husband

And for Mine

“On your application you stated that you have been employed as a banker since 17/10/2007 and that you earn a total monthly income of 169,000 NGN (687.02) a month. As evidence of this you have presented an employment letter form XXXXX. The bank statement indicate a current balance on 12/08/2013 of 118,798.16 (482.94) I note that you have indicated that the cost of the trip to you personally with be 900 pounds and considering that this represents more than the funds held in your bank account, I am not satisfies that this expenditure is credible when considered against your personal circumstances. Furthermore I note that you have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to those of the UK which might offset my concerns. You stated that your husband gives you 120pounds monthly for upkeep, however you have not provided any evidence of this. Furthermore I note that you have stated that your spouse will give you 1600 pounds towards the cost of your trip, however I note that on 28/07/2013 the balance your sponsor’s account was 32,845.92 NGN (133.53) and then he deposited a total of NGN 1,503,500 (6,112.05) into his account between the 29/07/2013 and 07/08/2013. This funds represent more than 4 times his declared income. I do not find it credible that the credits to his account would be inconsistent if he doesn’t receive any income from any other source because I am not able to understand the origin of funds held in your bank, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely available to support your visit not that the balance of his account is a true reflection of his usual financial circumstances ……………… Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds reffered to in section 84 (1) (c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002”

I sympathise with you on this but I really can't see them changing their decision.

I understand how money can genuinely come into one's account as is typical with us in Nigeria, but money lodged in an account to the extent done in this case is not acceptable to ECOs. There was no explanation as to how this funds came to be lodged in the account even when there are possibly two places that can address it 1). The section where they asked if you do receive income from any other sources, and 2) The section where they provided a blank space to add any other information.

As to your 500k, while it is an investment account in your name, it doesn't really show readily available funds like a regular bank account will show. Some investments cannot be cashed until certain periods, so not readily available for you to use on holiday or at short notice. In any case, the doubt on your spouses finances may have added to them disregarding your investment statement. You both have good jobs it seems and those were not in doubt by the ECO. They couldn't have not given your husband visa and then give you visa as you were associated with him and dependent on him providing you with funds. You may just need to start afresh and maintain a "decent" bank statement and reapply in future. If you can travel somewhere else before trying the UK again, then the better. I know someone who was given visa recently at the third time after two separate refusals not related to finances which occurred far apart in the last 6 years. The person did travel elsewhere after the second refusal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBee: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments, although i mentioned to them that the investment could be liquidated within 24 hours which is true.
Tats:

I sympathise with you on this but I really can't see them changing their decision.

I understand how money can genuinely come into one's account as is typical with us in Nigeria, but money lodged in an account to the extent done in this case is not acceptable to ECOs. There was no explanation as to how this funds came to be lodged in the account even when there are possibly two places that can address it 1). The section where they asked if you do receive income from any other sources, and 2) The section where they provided a blank space to add any other information.

As to your 500k, while it is an investment account in your name, it doesn't really show readily available funds like a regular bank account will show. Some investments cannot be cashed until certain periods, so not readily available for you to use on holiday or at short notice. In any case, the doubt on your spouses finances may have added to them disregarding your investment statement. You both have good jobs it seems and those where not in doubt by the ECO. They couldn't have not given your husband visa and then give you visa as you were associated with him and dependent on him providing you with funds. You may just need to start afresh and maintain a "decent" bank statement and reapply in future. If you can travel somewhere else before trying the UK again, then the better. I know someone who was given visa recently at the third time after two separate refusals not related to finances which occurred far apart in the last 6 years. The person did travel elsewhere after the second refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2013
riteaide:

Yes, if there is a good. Reason . I

...good reason like?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
justwise:
...good reason like?
Good reason such as, if the applicant is disabled: for example, a blind adult can be sponsored grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zhara71: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
For tier 4 student visa, if you are to submit your birth certificate and it shows your family name on it, parents name correctly(Hassan Mamman and Hadiza Hassan Mamman) and my name as Mamman "Aliram" Zara.Family name(I.e Mamman)and along with my application also submitted my parents international passport data pages which also shows family name"mamman"!but in my international passport shows "Mamman Zara Hassan"is it going To be a problem?I will be waiting to hear from you.thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bobodudu100: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hey Nlanders..i wanted to find out if a university sponsors someone is it are there some specific things that need to be done with regards that, apart from providing an official document stating their intention to take care of miantenance funds? I also wanted to know if the university needs to pay part of the school fees before putting the application through. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bobodudu100: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pls guys do u have any advice for someone attending interview soon, what are they likely to ask? Abeg help ur guy out...cheers guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pastor4real: 5:00am On Sep 12, 2013
@MrsBee: The lodgment into your husband account was the main issue. Within 10 days your husband deposited 1.5 million into his account, nobody will believe your story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBee: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmm, do you think writing them to explain the source can make them overturn their decision?
pastor4real: @MrsBee: The lodgment into your husband account was the main issue. Within 10 days your husband deposited 1.5 million into his account, nobody will believe your story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 10:53am On Sep 12, 2013
MrsBee: Hmmm, do you think writing them to explain the source can make them overturn their decision?
That will be medicine after death!
Work on your finances,avoid money lodgement,provide verifiable source/document for credit lodgements in your account that are not consistent with the bank statement over time.
Because your rights are limited,no matter the letter you will be asked to reapply especially when your personal circumstance has changed considerably.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBee: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2013
we don't even want to reapply for at least another one year, we might just write for writing sake and go somewhere else for vacation.
solomonwis:
That will be medicine after death!
Work on your finances,avoid money lodgement,provide verifiable source/document for credit lodgements in your account that are not consistent with the bank statement over time.
Because your rights are limited,no matter the letter you will be asked to reapply especially when your personal circumstance has changed considerably.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2013
MrsBee: we don't even want to reapply for at least another one year, we might just write for writing sake and go somewhere else for vacation.
It is good to write but I'd advise that you make whatever you need to express wait until such a time you are ready to reapply. You should understand that they will refer to your failed application anytime you want to reapply in the near future,so it is necessary to express your mind at that point so that your letter will be treated along with the application.

I understand how emotionally disturbed you might be right now hence your desire to want to write for clarification sake. But you need to honestly tell yourself the truth that your writing them now will change nothing!absolutely nothing based on the reasons for your refusal.

Just address the concerns raised by the ECO when next you are applying,include any letter you deem necessary to explain your situation/displeasure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2013
MrsBee, I was once rejected on financial grounds too.i know how bad you must feel, I did too. But after a while, I objectively looked at the refusal and I understood why. We always have to put ourselves in an ECO's shoes and ask ourselves what can disqualify this application before submission. From what I can deduct, your applications were refused for these reasons:
1. Your husband didn't apply when he had verifiable money in his account. As a banker, he should have applied maybe, around when his upfront is paid or he should have kept enough of it remaining in the account at the time of application, to cover your trip and still have some left in the account for maintenance when you get back. Applying when he had only 32k verifiable leaves questions and no answers.
2. Depositing funds around application period that are not in keeping with account history is a red flag. It is even worse as he didn't explain the source or origin of the fund. The ECO is right to think that money isn't for the trip but to window-dress the account. He should have explained in detail where the fund came from and why it is available for use for trip. For example, if it was a fixed deposit proceeds, he should have attached the expired or terminated FD certificates in support of his explanation.
3. While its not crime per se, not to have any travel history, it didn't help your cause that your first foray to obodo oyinbo is to a country that has plenty of history of Nigerians willing to do anything to leave for greener pastures. On the balance of probability, other factors like the lack of sufficient funds, money lodgements etc didn't help ECO overlook the lack of travel history.
4. For you, the money available for the trip has to reflect verifiably in your account, and it didn't. While very application is decided on h
It's merit, your initial rejection might not have helped matters. It is strange that the UK will reject you first one simply because you applied alone. Plenty of spouses apply and travel alone, so there must be more to it than that.
My advice would be that you guys reapply after sometime when you would have sufficient funds in the account to cover the trip and still have some left for upkeep. It helps that you plan to travel elsewhere now as it builds travel history. Any sudden lodgements around application period should be avoided or be strongly explained with supporting evidence. Please do your arithmetic so that the money in your account then, should be more than necessary or justifiable because the ECO will give you that "more than x times your stated income" speech.
Kindly go through this thread as you have all the advice and information you need for a successful re-application. Justwise offered me all athe help I needed to be successful in my re-application and I am so enjoying my 2 yr multiple.
Best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.