Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,444 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982959 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Imeobong:
@ Justwise, the reservation is still valid. Thanks.
@ Vicjustice General Visitor Visa
A person who professes to be a lawyer, and yet charges you to pay money to appeal a general visit visa is definitely a thief.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
i want to correct that statement of winning appeal is not a guarantee of issuing a visa. if winning an appeal in court is not a gaurantee there would have been no need of appealing eco wrong decision in court. the Eco or ECM does not have the power to hold court decision if they refuse to appeal the judge decision for allowing your allow. if they did not appeal to the upper tie tribunal they have no choice to issue the visa even the home secretary has power to up hold court decision. especially when they visa is family visiting visa wife visiting her husband and son who are british or husband visiting his wife the eco or ecm does not have such to up hold the visa if they fail to appeal the court decision and they cannot ask for wife or husband to summit document for revaluation when the visa is family visiting visa. eco can ask for revalaution document if the visiting visa is for tourist purpose but not as family visa that is been sponsor by her british husband or wife. to make my finally correction of your statement for the avoidance of doubt i have called the court where my wife appeal was allowed to ask if the winning of appeal is gaurantee of visa. i have been told by the court that if the judge allowed your appeal is a gaurantee of visa will be issue to my wife if they fail to appeal the decision. i have also spoken to the home office they also said that winning an appeal is a gaurantee that visa will be issue to my wife if they did not appeal the decision but in case the home office has refuse to appeal the judge decision and they will called my wife to come and collect her visa and that i should allow 12week from the date of the appeal being allow.
this means that winning appeal is a gaurantee of visa if the home office refuse to appeal the judge decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
I have spoken to the court the morning base on your statement. I spoken to the court where my wife appeal has been allowed u was told that winning an appeal or if your appeal has been allowed is a gaurantee that my wife will be issue the visa and the british embasy has no power to up hold the court decision if they fail to appeal .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lehinme: 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
justwise:
How long will the course last?
Its a PGCE programme which lasts just a year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
lehinme:
Its a PGCE programme which lasts just a year

She needs to apply for student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
nickson03: i want to correct that statement of winning appeal is not a guarantee of issuing a visa. if winning an appeal in court is not a gaurantee there would have been no need of appealing eco wrong decision in court. the Eco or ECM does not have the power to hold court decision if they refuse to appeal the judge decision for allowing your allow. if they did not appeal to the upper tie tribunal they have no choice to issue the visa even the home secretary has power to up hold court decision. especially when they visa is family visiting visa wife visiting her husband and son who are british or husband visiting his wife the eco or ecm does not have such to up hold the visa if they fail to appeal the court decision and they cannot ask for wife or husband to summit document for revaluation when the visa is family visiting visa. eco can ask for revalaution document if the visiting visa is for tourist purpose but not as family visa that is been sponsor by her british husband or wife. to make my finally correction of your statement for the avoidance of doubt i have called the court where my wife appeal was allowed to ask if the winning of appeal is gaurantee of visa. i have been told by the court that if the judge allowed your appeal is a gaurantee of visa will be issue to my wife if they fail to appeal the decision. i have also spoken to the home office they also said that winning an appeal is a gaurantee that visa will be issue to my wife if they did not appeal the decision but in case the home office has refuse to appeal the judge decision and they will called my wife to come and collect her visa and that i should allow 12week from the date of the appeal being allow.
this means that winning appeal is a gaurantee of visa if the home office refuse to appeal the judge decision.
You are wrong, my friend, have you never seen that or heard about a person who got refused after winning an appeal?
If family VISIT or SPOUSE visa application was refused by an ECO on the ground of unsatisfactory proof of the credibility of the family member relationship, and you aappealed it, and then in 6 months time, you won the appeal, What did you win?
You did not win the automatic RIGHTS TO BE GIVEN A VISA, you only won the credibility of your claimed relationship which enables the claim relationship to be allowed: in such case, the embassy may demand that you resubmit your application with the current and up-to-date supporting documents and then, reevaluate your circumstances to be satisfied that you still meet the requirements for the visa sought. They are not going to approve your visa based on (let's say) a previous bank statement which is now out-of-date, you would be required to provide current documents.
By the way, you can't appeal a tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi ,
Do one need to wait for a TEXT MESSAGE if you received an EMAIL saying Your Visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the Visa application center where you lodge your application within 2 workings days.
However, when tracked online is says Your Visa application has been forwarded to the British high commission

Do this mean you can go pick up your passport OR do you need to wait for another TEXT/EMAIL confirming that your passport has arrived where you lodged your application center ?

A response to this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tourist visa cnnot be appeal i agree with you on that, but a family visit visa can be appeal on ground of human right base on article 8 right to family life and private life when you husband is british or family like husband,wife,son who are british. like i said i have sppken to the court and they said my wife appeal is a gaurantee to visa and i do not need to resubmit any document revaluation because i am british and our son is british also and because the appeal was allowed under article 8 of the immugration rulr which righ to private and family life. Pls note these article only apply to british citizen who wife or husband was refuse a visa .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
shegsteperz: Hi ,
Do one need to wait for a TEXT MESSAGE if you received an EMAIL saying Your Visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the Visa application center where you lodge your application within 2 workings days.
However, when tracked online is says Your Visa application has been forwarded to the British high commission

Do this mean you can go pick up your passport OR do you need to wait for another TEXT/EMAIL confirming that your passport has arrived where you lodged your application center ?

A response to this would be appreciated.

Thanks

That what you should do, you may never get the text while your package will be there waiting to be picked up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Chrizizon: I want to say a very big thanks to you guys here in NL for the great job u are doing here, especially 3sha4lyf and Justwise, I want to tell ya all that my application for family visit to the UK was successful, it was my first time of applying, i submitted my application on the 08/08/2014 at VFS Abuja and got an alert on my phone for pick up on the 15/08/2014 just a week after submission, the visa was actually issued on the 13/08/2014, I really appreciate ur advices, thank u so much 3sha4lyf for that wonderful Letter to the ECO, it gave me clue to everything i included in the application, even though some guys discouraged me from applying, saying my self employed status wouldn't help me because i registered my business name barely 5 months ago, with ur advice here i was able to fix the right docs into the application, above all i guess God answered my Prayer grin Very Thankful here

Wow. Congratulations. I'm happy for you. Glad you weren't deterred at all by people's comments and all. Stay cool

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
nickson03: Tourist visa cnnot be appeal i agree with you on that, but a family visit visa can be appeal on ground of human right base on article 8 right to family life and private life when you husband is british or family like husband,wife,son who are british. like i said i have sppken to the court and they said my wife appeal is a gaurantee to visa and i do not need to resubmit any document revaluation because i am british and our son is british also and because the appeal was allowed under article 8 of the immugration rulr which righ to private and family life. Pls note these article only apply to british citizen who wife or husband was refuse a visa .
Does a UK citizen need to fulfill the financial requirement (ie £18.600) in order to bring his spouse to the country?
What if he losses his job after the initial application (while on appeal process) would he still be eligible to bring his spouse to the UK? Or, what would happen if the immigration authority learns that his circumstances have changed for worse, would his spouse still be given the visa even though he wins an appeal?
Well, it is possible that the embassy would issue the visa on the merit of the original documents and circumstances in assumption that they remain same and valid, but in the even that they find out that your circumstances have deteriorated, they reserve the RIGHTS to deny the visa.
Search the forum and see that there are numerous cases of people who got refused after winning an appeal.
Look, I'm not trying to discourage you, I am only trying to warn you against loosening your guard thinking all is done and dusted: so, I say, it is reasonable for you to still prepare yourself to the requirements as you may just be disqualified even though you won the appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
To make things easy go on www.skyscanner.com and check for flights then go on the airways website.
Chrizizon: Greetings to this honorable house, please i want to know if www.wakanow.com is a reliable site to purchase int'l flight ticket from? Thanks and waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
People that used Teleperformance V.I, abeg any news yet? Let me be sure I am not the only one waiting oo, since 11th of July!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
I will notify you as soon as my wife visa has been issue. And i will let you know how it goes in due time. Nice chating with you on this matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 2:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Chrizizon: Greetings to this honorable house, please i want to know if www.wakanow.com is a reliable site to purchase int'l flight ticket from? Thanks and waiting
the site is legit but they are not reliable as you might be asked to pay more after the supposed booking.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 2:30am On Aug 20, 2014
TeamclicksAir: the site is legit but they are not reliable as you might be asked to pay more after the supposed booking.
eeeh, why would they ask you to pay more?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 3:06am On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:
eeeh, why would they ask you to pay more?
They give you excuses such as the airfare has increased. so you are forced to pay more.
Booking should hold the price for min of 24-72hours after which you lose your slot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2014
akinke: People that used Teleperformance V.I, abeg any news yet? Let me be sure I am not the only one waiting oo, since 11th of July!!!!

@akinke, I suggest you go there or track it online. I heard some people who applied the same period as you and after you went there and their packages were there. Go with your checklist and a copy of your passport data page and just ask them to Check. That's what I did... And my package was there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2014

I would book directly with an airline. Personally, I don't like travel agency cos, except you are firm on your travel dates, you may have difficulties if you decide to change ur tickets as most times it can only be done by your travel agency. Now, imagine if you are in transit already, or if you are in a country with bout 7hrs time difference, how do u get to reach ur travel agency when they have not yet opened, and of course you don't have a personal travel agent in the agency that you can reach out to to sort it even after working hours?

In short, Travel agencies are not my favourites except I have to travel next day and can't hold a ticket online.

Before you go ahead with wakanow.com, question you should be asking [them] is for example "if I miss my flight, what does it take to get on the next available flight"

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2014
nickson03: i want to correct that statement of winning appeal is not a guarantee of issuing a visa. if winning an appeal in court is not a gaurantee there would have been no need of appealing eco wrong decision in court. the Eco or ECM does not have the power to hold court decision if they refuse to appeal the judge decision for allowing your allow. if they did not appeal to the upper tie tribunal they have no choice to issue the visa even the home secretary has power to up hold court decision. especially when they visa is family visiting visa wife visiting her husband and son who are british or husband visiting his wife the eco or ecm does not have such to up hold the visa if they fail to appeal the court decision and they cannot ask for wife or husband to summit document for revaluation when the visa is family visiting visa. eco can ask for revalaution document if the visiting visa is for tourist purpose but not as family visa that is been sponsor by her british husband or wife. to make my finally correction of your statement for the avoidance of doubt i have called the court where my wife appeal was allowed to ask if the winning of appeal is gaurantee of visa. i have been told by the court that if the judge allowed your appeal is a gaurantee of visa will be issue to my wife if they fail to appeal the decision. i have also spoken to the home office they also said that winning an appeal is a gaurantee that visa will be issue to my wife if they did not appeal the decision but in case the home office has refuse to appeal the judge decision and they will called my wife to come and collect her visa and that i should allow 12week from the date of the appeal being allow.

When you recieved your determination of appeal , at the end did the judge indicate that the application be remitted back to the home office for reconsideration? If no the please wait for 14 days( the home office have a period of 14 days to contest the appeal being granted but note that these days they usually contest even after the 14 days lapse so just pray they don't ) after the 14 days then call the FTT just to confirm the home office hasn't contested the decision. If they haven't then please follow up with the home office and they issue your visa. I suggested following up cos they are not usually quick with stuffs like that sometimes.

The only time they will ask you for further documentation is if the judge has remitted the application back to the home office for reconsideration perhaps due to error of law.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
They give you excuses such as the airfare has increased. so you are forced to pay more.
Booking should hold the price for min of 24-72hours after which you lose your slot.

You know it's not quite ethical to use the bring-a-competition-down method to get customers. I would advice you focus on your marketing, branding and customer satisfaction. Get your ads on everyone's eyes, and you would be competing with wakanow.

If you require the services of a marketing and brand promotion company, give me a call wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:

You know it's not quite ethical to use the bring-a-competition-down method to get customers. I would advice you focus on your marketing, branding and customer satisfaction. Get your ads on everyone's eyes, and you would be competing with wakanow.

If you require the services of a marketing and brand promotion company, give me a call wink
A forumites asked a question if they are reliable? and i gave an answer. if a company will demand for more after you were assured of a price without caring whether you have the extra. thats means they are not.
i said they are legit which is true but reliable nope.
google wakanow review and be the judge.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2014
sassybee:

@akinke, I suggest you go there or track it online. I heard some people who applied the same period as you and after you went there and their packages were there. Go with your checklist and a copy of your passport data page and just ask them to Check. That's what I did... And my package was there.

Thanks sassybee, tracking online is terrible, status doesnt change, but my sponsor's bank was confirmed two wks ago, which proves that They were working on it then.
Did u get an email before you went?. I havent gotten one, please I want to be sure before I travel ni, I dnt live in Lagos.
SpikeSc how far u don collect?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2014
akinke:

Thanks sassybee, tracking online is terrible, status doesnt change, but my sponsor's bank was confirmed two wks ago, which proves that They were working on it then.
Did u get an email before you went?. I havent gotten one, please I want to be sure before I travel ni, I dnt live in Lagos.
i collected same day they, VI, sent me an email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
A forumites asked a question if they are reliable? and i gave an answer. if a company will demand for more after you were assured of a price without caring whether you have the extra. thats means they are not.
i said they are legit which is true but reliable nope.
google wakanow review and be the judge.
i went through your posts and your thread. It's just a professional advice, that's all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 11:26am On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:
i went through your posts and your thread. It's just a professional advice, that's all
Thanks for the advice. well taken smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2014
akinke:

My status changed for a bit but it's back to Attend your appointment undecided I hvnt gotten a mail or text from dem but I Hv picked up my package...well.. I guess if you aren't in Lagos, you just Hv to wait for their mail or text or better still contact UKVI and find about the status of your application.. https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2014
sassybee:

My status changed for a bit but it's back to Attend your appointment undecided I hvnt gotten a mail or text from dem but I Hv picked up my package...well.. I guess if you aren't in Lagos, you just Hv to wait for their mail or text or better still contact UKVI and find about the status of your application.. https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
you've picked it? what does it say?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:
you've picked it? what does it say?

It was approved grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
sassybee:

It was approved grin
wow, congrats cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sassybee: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
spikesC:
wow, congrats cool

Thank you very much cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Oh really?
TeamclicksAir: the site is legit but they are not reliable as you might be asked to pay more after the supposed booking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.