Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983316 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 4:35pm On May 10, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin there are many places in London where they don't charge you for using the toilet... St.Pancras station is one of them, supermarkets don't charge ....

The supermarkets? Dont even mention that please...not that im disputing what you said its just by the time you enter take Tescos in Manchester for example the size of the place...fully stocked with so much variety and such ridiculous prices. I saw Kelloggs cornflakes the really obscene size i think its 1kg for £2.90 theyre own family size soft drinks comes in 2litre bottles less than £2 Fanta orange, fanta cherry, fanta mixed something. Then coke classic, coke cherry,coke this, coke that, i think its indirect family planning sha cos men afterall this much variety and pricing omo jedi jedi must set in. Me that i thought i liked sausages...hmm i saw a whole aisle labelled sausages, that was were i almost blew a fuse. chicken suusages, beef sausages. this sausages that sausages all at stupid cheap prices, how do i see this and remember i actually came in to use the bathroom ehn?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2015
refreshrate:

The supermarkets? Dont even mention that please...not that im disputing what you said its just by the time you enter take Tescos in Manchester for example the size of the place...fully stocked with so much variety and such ridiculous prices. I saw Kelloggs cornflakes the really obscene size i think its 1kg for £2.90 theyre own family size soft drinks comes in 2litre bottles less than £2 Fanta orange, fanta cherry, fanta mixed something. Then coke classic, coke cherry,coke this, coke that, i think its indirect family planning sha cos men afterall this much variety and pricing omo jedi jedi must set in. Me that i thought i liked sausages...hmm i saw a whole aisle labelled sausages, that was were i almost blew a fuse. chicken suusages, beef sausages. this sausages that sausages all at stupid cheap prices, how do i see this and remember i actually came in to use the bathroom ehn?

grin grin its a requirement by law for supermarket like Tesco, Sainsbury's , Asda. Morrison etc to have restrooms, so you don't even need to buy stuff to be able to use them. Shopping malls also have free restrooms.

There are other budget supper markets you could shop in..pounds land. 99p shop. pound stretcher, lidl etc...these shops are pretty much within anybody's budget
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Not also forgetting Fast Food outlets, shops(not off licence) and pubs !!!!!!!

Yup.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jasper83: 5:50pm On May 10, 2015
justwise:

Yup.

Oga mi i must confess you are truly an embodiment of knowledge. Pls i want you to guide us on this, my aunt of about 55 years want to visit the UK to baby sit for like 4months. Though she was refused like 2years ago durin her sons wedding for not having enough cash in her account as a teacher. Now she is retired, what's are chances like now? What documents will she need and how will she fill her papers to succeed this time around.

All the travelling agents consulted are too high for her. Pls sir we need your professional guidance. Tank you sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 8:09pm On May 10, 2015
justwise:

grin grin its a requirement by law for supermarket like Tesco, Sainsbury's , Asda. Morrison etc to have restrooms, so you don't even need to buy stuff to be able to use them. Shopping malls also have free restrooms.

There are other budget supper markets you could shop in..pounds land. 99p shop. pound stretcher, lidl etc...these shops are pretty much within anybody's budget

I'm sure you're right after all you guys advised with the challenge of my visa then. feels alot like I'm distracting the purpose of the thread don't let me start with the 99p shop I went to in Brighton totally huge bag of potatoe chips 99p!
I have to travel every year though its new York I want to slam next.

once again God bless you & your team my good sir!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On May 10, 2015
jasper83:

Oga mi i must confess you are truly an embodiment of knowledge. Pls i want you to guide us on this, my aunt of about 55 years want to visit the UK to baby sit for like 4months. Though she was refused like 2years ago durin her sons wedding for not having enough cash in her account as a teacher. Now she is retired, what's are chances like now? What documents will she need and how will she fill her papers to succeed this time around.

All the travelling agents consulted are too high for her. Pls sir we need your professional guidance. Tank you sir

Who is she going to babysit for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
refreshrate:

I'm sure you're right after all you guys advised with the challenge of my visa then. feels alot like I'm distracting the purpose of the thread don't let me start with the 99p shop I went to in Brighton totally huge bag of potatoe chips 99p!
I have to travel every year though its new York I want to slam next.

once again God bless you & your team my good sir!

Bless you too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknk: 9:16pm On May 10, 2015
@justwise....
thank u brother,yes i have statement,what happened is that the company is actually mine,registered since 2010,pays tax, but am just a staff of my company and want to apply as a staff,i maintain a monthly salary of 250k from my company and can provide an income tax clearance for 3 years,my little problem is that my surname appears in my company name so some times when the salary comes to my personal account my surname shows,though it always state clearly that it is for a particular month salary and the bank charges their commission and vat.
do you think it can pose a challenge to me when applying for the UK visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jasper83: 9:19pm On May 10, 2015
justwise:

Who is she going to babysit for?

Her sons wife.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaliya(f): 8:39am On May 11, 2015
justwise:

See my attachment

Thanks a lot Justwise. I have made a contact with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2015
franknk:
@justwise....
thank u brother,yes i have statement,what happened is that the company is actually mine,registered since 2010,pays tax, but am just a staff of my company and want to apply as a staff,i maintain a monthly salary of 250k from my company and can provide an income tax clearance for 3 years,my little problem is that my surname appears in my company name so some times when the salary comes to my personal account my surname shows,though it always state clearly that it is for a particular month salary and the bank charges their commission and vat.
do you think it can pose a challenge to me when applying for the UK visa

So do you have a separate account apart from your company's account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2015
zaliya:

Thanks a lot Justwise. I have made a contact with them.

Ok, good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2015
jasper83:

Her sons wife.

Since she is retired her son has to send her all the documents and pay for the cost of the trip.

Is she receiving pension? Has other family members in Nigeria...husband?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 5:28pm On May 11, 2015
ojay007:
Hi Guys,

I must say a BIG THANK U to everyone including @vicjustice and @justwise.

I've picked up my passport with 2yrs visa on it. I applied on 24th April, got the final response from Teleperformance on 5th May that it is ready for collection at their centre.

Cheers!

How many times did you use your 6 months visa before it expired?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by decuba: 7:31pm On May 11, 2015
please how much is UK visa..and d necessary document needed..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 11, 2015
Good Evening Bro Justwise and my people in this house, please can someone banned for 10 years by British High Commission in Abuja apply for Republic of Ireland Visa with the same passport that has UK refusal stamp on it? Though the stamp didn't show any indication that he was banned. It only show the visa refusal number e.g: ''803628''and''UK Abuja'' on the page stamped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2015
hodus:
Good Evening Bro Justwise and my people in this house, please can someone banned for 10 years by British High Commission in Abuja apply for Republic of Ireland Visa with the same passport that has UK refusal stamp on it? Though the stamp didn't show any indication that he was banned. It only show the visa refusal number ''80*6*28'' and ''UK Abuja'' on the stamped surface.

Chances of refusal is high as both countries share data
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 11, 2015
Then US is better then or Schengen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 11, 2015
but will it also affect US application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On May 11, 2015
hodus:
but will it also affect US application?

I'm not sure about that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 11, 2015
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknk: 10:47pm On May 11, 2015
@justwise
yes i have a savings account which i use as my salary account.
i pay my salary from my company current account to the saving account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Redman007: 9:05am On May 12, 2015
Hi Guys, sorry if this has been answered before. Does any one know about the new "Standard visitor visa" which according to the uk.gov website replaces the previous categories like General Visitor, Child visitor, Sports Visitor visa etc. I'm looking on the Teleperformance application site and it does not have this Standard visa category. It still has the old ones. What do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2015
Redman007:
Hi Guys, sorry if this has been answered before. Does any one know about the new "Standard visitor visa" which according to the uk.gov website replaces the previous categories like General Visitor, Child visitor, Sports Visitor visa etc. I'm looking on the Teleperformance application site and it does not have this Standard visa category. It still has the old ones. What do I do?

Yes it replaces:

Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

If you can't find standard visitor's visa on the list then select one that applies to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sandraa(f): 10:49am On May 12, 2015
House please can one apply for visa with 359k as balance ?
Salary 160k after tax and other deductions!
She is going for conference and have have invite already!
Staying with blood relation walking distance to event venue!

Travelled to the uk twice!

Bigger problem doing contribution and acts as treasurer as money comes in within 2 days from 10 persons and disburse same day to collector!
Though there is a signed document to this effect by all contributors! Does it count to explain the monthly saving contribution scheme within colleagues??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bravesoul247(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2015
Learning a lot from here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Redman007: 11:29am On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Yes it replaces:
Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

If you can't find standard visitor's visa on the list then select one that applies to you.

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sandraa(f): 2:26pm On May 12, 2015
Please justwise can you transfer the funds in another account to ur savings account so to present one statement of account!
the transfer will show it is from own bank .
?
not much money like 200k ishhh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2015
sandraa:
House please can one apply for visa with 359k as balance ?
Salary 160k after tax and other deductions!
She is going for conference and have have invite already!
Staying with blood relation walking distance to event venue!

Travelled to the uk twice!

Bigger problem doing contribution and acts as treasurer as money comes in within 2 days from 10 persons and disburse same day to collector!
Though there is a signed document to this effect by all contributors! Does it count to explain the monthly saving contribution scheme within colleagues??

Who is sponsoring the conference?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2015
sandraa:
Please justwise can you transfer the funds in another account to ur savings account so to present one statement of account!
the transfer will show it is from own bank .
?
not much money like 200k ishhh

No need moving money very close to the application period, better to submit both account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sandraa(f): 3:04pm On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Who is sponsoring the conference?

She is sponsoring!

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.