Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984349 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks bro! Just one suitcase for the family jare! Shopped at Primark.

What's the latest from your end?

Nothing much jare, I just wish I can reapply in december. I have asked my company to make all salary payment via bank transfer.... but was told it will show the company's name like XYZ company August salary... If I have to wait for another 6month then it's gonna be February before I can reapply... but there should be a way to convince the ECO about salary being paid in cash abi wetin u think nah...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2015
justwise nd odas....I need ur help.....wen I applied wif mum....we stated we will be going for easter holiday......but have been busy with school admission ever since.....now I intend to travel today den c back Oct 5 before my viz expires on d 7 th Oct + am travelling alone...mum is a bit sick.....pls I need samples of questions I might come across at POE especially since am travelling alone...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2015
stevecrun:
Justwise,I had a friend who was issued a UK visit visa April this month,but did not travel cause her mom was not ready and she had to deal with exams in Nigeria ..Her visa expires October 7th this year and she plans to travel 26th of this month(September),which she has a flight ticket already for..She's scared that her visa will cancelled at Heathrow Airport cause she has not used it all these while..What is your advice..I hope to also hear from other members of this thread..

nikiihardehx:
justwise nd odas....I need ur help.....wen I applied wif mum....we stated we will be going for easter holiday......but have been busy with school admission ever since.....now I intend to travel today den c back Oct 5 before my viz expires on d 7 th Oct + am travelling alone...mum is a bit sick.....pls I need samples of questions I might come across at POE especially since am travelling alone...

I really can't think of any though you may be asked why you left it too late to make the trip, just make sure that your return ticket is within your visa validity
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Prof Justice, time to put in the kids application. I've been schooled and graduated from your Institution, I shouldn't have a problem with the application.

But should I need to learn further Msc level, will still run down to you grin

Bless you bro. You just too much.

Nope as long as you can afford it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

[/b]

I really can't think of any though you may be asked why you left it too late to make the trip, just make sure that your return ticket is within your visa validity
Thanks..she already got her return ticket
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bigolly(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2015
pls how much will d uk visa fee be in Naira,am applying in VI centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uuspace(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2015
nikiihardehx:
They are not likely to ask you why u did not travel as stated in your application.The reason you gave above is enough. They will be more concerned with what you are coming to do and that you have a return ticket which date is before the visa expires.. Basically u will be asked what are u in UK, for, where u will be staying and how long u intend to stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

Nope as long as you can afford it

Thanks Prof Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
askari01:

Nothing much jare, I just wish I can reapply in december. I have asked my company to make all salary payment via bank transfer.... but was told it will show the company's name like XYZ company August salary... If I have to wait for another 6month then it's gonna be February before I can reapply... but there should be a way to convince the ECO about salary being paid in cash abi wetin u think nah...

What about the 1.8M deposit raised by the ECO? Will it replect in your statement in December?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dear everyone,

Just some quick questions:

I am almost done filling UK visa forms for my wife and I. I intend printing out the bank statement by Monday after making payment for the visa this weekend.

- Can i possibly book a visa appointment for this coming wednesday?

- we intend travelling 1st of november, is this not too close?

- I have heard people talk about cover letter, is it necassary? What do i need to puit in the cover letter If i need to?
- I will be sponsoring the trip, do i need to include my wife's bank statements?
- I want to use the Ikeja centre, is it true that it comes with an extra cost?how much is the extra cost and when do i get to pay it?
- Do i need to call my bank before i can make visa payment for the two of us for a six months visa with my naira debit card?

Best Regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Good afternoon all,

I recently graduated and got an internship job for a year at a top estate firm in Nigeria. I'm 2 months into the internship, I only receive stipends (my point is I have little to nothing in my account)

I would like to travel to UK with my boyfriend. This would be my first time, he has worked and schooled in UK some years back, he presently holds a 5 years visa.

He would be my sponsor and would provide all documents and bank statements needed, we would book an hotel. He is financially capable to sponsor us both.

We plan to be there for 10 days. I would get a letter of leave from my office and any other document I need from them.

All my family members are here in Nigeria.

So, do I meet up with the requirements for a general visitor's visa?

Please respond, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:
Dear everyone,

Just some quick questions:

I am almost done filling UK visa forms for my wife and I. I intend printing out the bank statement by Monday after making payment for the visa this weekend.

- Can i possibly book a visa appointment for this coming wednesday?

YES, for Ikeja Submission Centre, I can guarantee you that.

- we intend travelling 1st of november, is this not too close?

No, about 90% of UK visa decision is reached in 14 business days.

- I have heard people talk about cover letter, is it necassary? What do i need to puit in the cover letter If i need to?

It is not a requirement, but cover letters may serve the purpose of trying to catch the ECO's interest or they may simply be a summary of the documents included in your application which also serves as a signed agreement that you will return back to your work and family at the end of your visit without breaking immigration law. Simply state your purpose of visit, your occupation, your commitment to your country, where you will stay whilst in the UK and assurance that you will return back after your visit without breaking the law

- I will be sponsoring the trip, do i need to include my wife's bank statements?

Yes, because each applicants are treated on their own merit, feel free to submit whatever document you feel can increase your chances of getting the visa especially as a first timer. For example, I included my children's school fees from creche, my house rent receipts since 2007.

- I want to use the Ikeja centre, is it true that it comes with an extra cost?how much is the extra cost and when do i get to pay it?

N18,000 which is included in the visa fee, therefore you'll pay approximately N50,000 for each applicant.

- Do i need to call my bank before i can make visa payment for the two of us for a six months visa with my naira debit card?

Depending on the bank and card, you may wish to contact your bank to get your One-Time Password (OTP)

Best Regards,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teedle:
Good afternoon all,

I recently graduated and got an internship job for a year at a top estate firm in Nigeria. I'm 2 months into the internship, I only receive stipends (my point is I have little to nothing in my account)

I would like to travel to UK with my boyfriend. This would be my first time, he has worked and schooled in UK some years back, he presently holds a 5 years visa.

He would be my sponsor and would provide all documents and bank statements needed, we would book an hotel. He is financially capable to sponsor us both.

We plan to be there for 10 days. I would get a letter of leave from my office and any other document I need from them.

All my family members are here in Nigeria.

So, do I meet up with the requirements for a general visitor's visa?

Please respond, thanks.

It will be almost impossible for you to be given a visa because of the bolded, but you might want to wait for Prof. Justwise and Oga Vicjustice for further advice and how best you can present your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

What about the 1.8M deposit raised by the ECO? Will it replect in your statement in December?

The 1.8M won't show face again, but my salary was paid in cash in julywhich shows on my bank statement and also it shows on my statement that I got my leave allowance in august... What do u think about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

It will be almost impossible for you to be given a visa because of the bolded, but you might want to wait for Prof. Justwise and Oga Vicjustice for further advice and how best you can present your application.

Thank you, I was hoping that the company stating I have a contract with them would be a good tie. I plan to apply in November, would be 4 moths into the internship. And are you saying it is not a good idea to travel with my partner? I felt his travel history may be of help to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dear all,
Please confirm this is in order, my monthly salary is a little less than 300k while my wife earns about 100k.I will be sponsoring the trip,my acct balance which I intend to print out on Monday is about 1m while my wife would have abt 100k in her account by mon/Tues when they pay her salary...we intend to spend about 700k in total on the trip..kindly advise guys..I am trying to book d visa appointment for next wednesday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teedle:

Thank you, I was hoping that the company stating I have a contract with them would be a good tie. I plan to apply in November, would be 4 moths into the internship. And are you saying it is not a good idea to travel with my partner? I felt his travel history may be of help to me.

His travelling history has nothing to do with your application because you are not legally married and moreover each application is treated on its own merit. Haven't said that, he should write a sponsor letter outlining the history of your relationship; where and when you met, how many years you both have been in the relationship, how often you keep in touch with evidence such as e-mail headers, the reason why he's sponsoring you for the trip and what your future plans are together.

Your finances doesn't look good, but your contract with your company could help even though it's not automatic. Get a letter from your employer confirming that you have been granted leave and your job will be kept open while you're away.

If the ECO feels that the relationship with your partner is long term and If you can also prove to the ECO that your relationship is subsisting and has been in existence for two or more years which may lead to marriage, then ECO might be convince that you would not want to jeopardise your chances by over staying or otherwise breaching the conditions of a visit visa.

Like I said, you might want to wait for Prof Justwise and Oga Vicjustice for their own inputs.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:
Dear all,
Please confirm this is in order, my monthly salary is a little less than 300k while my wife earns about 100k.I will be sponsoring the trip,my acct balance which I intend to print out on Monday is about 1m while my wife would have abt 100k in her account by mon/Tues when they pay her salary...we intend to spend about 700k in total on the trip..kindly advise guys..I am trying to book d visa appointment for next wednesday

Your salary is good but what made up that 700k expenditure?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

Your salary is good but what made up that 700k expenditure?
Flight ticket for two is about 340k
Hotel reservation for two for 13nights is 177k
Living cost for two 150k
Total is 667k

Would you advise I reduce the living cost? To about 100k or less?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:

Living cost for two 150k
Total is 667k

Yes that will help your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer and Justwise thank you!

Any other heads up before I start this journey?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:

Living cost for two 150k
Total is 667k

While not further reduce your expenditure from 13 days to 7days. The most important thing is to secure the visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teedle:
FrontPageLawyer and Justwise thank you!

Any other heads up before I start this journey?

List your partner's documents and also your own personal documents you both will be submitting.

Also, you have not answered Justwise question.

How much is your partner's monthly earning?

Is he fully employed or run his own business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

List your partner's documents and also your own personal documents you both will be submitting.

Also, you have not answered Justwise question.

How much is your partner's monthly earning?

Is he fully employed or run his own business?

She did but I just realised that she is a visa/travel agent who has solicited for customers here before. I have to take down my posts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:
[/b]
Thank you justwise..I appreciate

FrontPageLawyer:

While not further reduce your expenditure from 13 days to 7days. The most important thing is to secure the visa.

If I reduce the number of days to 7 but stayed 14 days in the UK ,would that be an issue when applying for the next UK visa? Please advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

She did but I just realised that she is a visa/travel agent who has solicited for customers here before. I have to take down my posts.

Errr what are you talking about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:

Living cost for two 150k
Total is 667k

Why not reduce the 13night to like 7night That will also reduce ur cost of trip and also will help ur application...

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.