Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982873 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2012
zoomzu: Experts in the House, to buttress further on my initial post directed to Justwise, I am planning to apply for Family Visiting Visa for my wife and our daughter. She's to go on the invitation of her brother in-law for Easter Holiday. I am to sponsor the trip while her brother in-law who own a permanent resident visa is to accommodate them.

Here is my status, I have been with organisation A since for some years where I earn 50k, march last year, I am seconded to Organisation B which is a baby to Organisation A but affiliated to UNESCO on a 2 year contract of 100k per month while I am still retain my responsibilities and position at Organisation A in addition to responsibilities at Organisation B. (1) I own a property with construction ongoing even my wife's name is on the Deed of assignment of the property though we were still dating then now we are married with a kid. (2) I have PFA Statement with Balance of like 200k. (3) Money comes in and out of my account often cos I does buying and selling, the balance as at today is around 120k. (4) I just bought a car of almost 900k about 3 months ago for family use. I have another 2 cars on ground for sale at the moment, I bought them from UK with their BoL's in my name and my Home address.

Now my question, going by what I have as my current account balance, I am sure it is not enough to present but on the issue of avoiding lump sum in my account, these cars could be sold any moment from now and the money goes into my account. What am I supposed to do in terms of an account to present, I do not have a registered coy. Please advise me on how to file this application, list of documents to be filed, they just want to go for Easter holiday before our daughter begin school, she's 1yr4months hold now.

I await your generous opinion.

Thank you all for wonderful job you are doing here and to Seun that provided the platform.

When do you plan to submit the application and when will the car be sold?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2012
justwise:

When do you plan to submit the application and when will the car be sold?

@ Justwise, thanks for your response, I am thinking of filling the application by February 2013. God willing, the cars should be sold by January.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2012
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I NEED YOU GUYS HELP IN THIS MATTER PLEASE.

@jstwise & Vicjustice, Pls, What supporting documents can i use when applying for a UK business visa, I already have my invitation letter from the company, My company is a registered company since 2010,I want to go and inspect some goods in a UK company, As the director of my company, can i use my personal account instead of the companies account and my personal proprieties as evidence of my strong tie to Nigeria even though am going for a business? and which other documents can i also include in my application.

Pls i really need your advice on this matter, will really appreciate it. Am also told i need to make hotel booking payment and attach it to documents i will submit even when i don't know if my visa will be issued, Is that adviceable?? Pls i need responses urgently pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2012
sunnydayasaba: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I NEED YOU GUYS HELP IN THIS MATTER PLEASE.

@jstwise & Vicjustice, Pls, What supporting documents can i use when applying for a UK business visa, I already have my invitation letter from the company, My company is a registered company since 2010,I want to go and inspect some goods in a UK company, As the director of my company, can i use my personal account instead of the companies account and my personal proprieties as evidence of my strong tie to Nigeria even though am going for a business? and which other documents can i also include in my application.

Pls i really need your advice on this matter, will really appreciate it. Am also told i need to make hotel booking payment and attach it to documents i will submit even when i don't know if my visa will be issued, Is that adviceable?? Pls i need responses urgently pls.

You need both, you personal bank account and that of your company.

Company registration certificate, letter from the company in the UK, your company's tax clearance/tax certificate...etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2012
zoomzu:

@ Justwise, thanks for your response, I am thinking of filling the application by February 2013. God willing, the cars should be sold by January.

Include the sale receipt and the receipt of the new car you bought so as not to give the ECO the impression that you have to sale your car to fund the trip.

Don't forget to explain the source of the huge payment, those receipts will support your explanation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2012
justwise:

You can only bring your family with you if you are doing a course at NQF level 7 lasting 12months or above.
I had a friend that was a student and. Wrote aletter to invite his mother come visit him last year in london I was suprised and felt he was lieing when he told me.I don't really want them to come and stay with me I just want them to have a visa that enables them to come spend some time in the uk with me.there should be a route to that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2012
dove30: I had a friend that was a student and. Wrote aletter to invite his mother come visit him last year in london I was suprised and felt he was lieing when he told me.I don't really want them to come and stay with me I just want them to have a visa that enables them to come spend some time in the uk with me.there should be a route to that.

They can come and visit you on visiting visa and not dependant visa, they are two different type of visas with different entitlements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2012
justwise:

Include the sale receipt and the receipt of the new car you bought so as not to give the ECO the impression that you have to sale your car to fund the trip.

Don't forget to explain the source of the huge payment, those receipts will support your explanation.

Thanks a lot, I would ensure to to that and also attach the Bill of Laden of each cars showing my name and address and the consignee with details of each vehicle attached to the sales agreement since I do not have a registered company name under which I sell my goods.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2012
justwise:

They can come and visit you on visiting visa and not dependant visa, they are two different type of visas with different entitlements
. Ohhh that's very ok and good please can I be there sponsor or can my mother sponsor them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
dove30: . Ohhh that's very ok and good please can I be there sponsor or can my mother sponsor them.

Both, you can both submit combined documents to show that your wife and kid have the support of both sides.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
zoomzu:

Thanks a lot, I would ensure to to that and also attach the Bill of Laden of each cars showing my name and address and the consignee with details of each vehicle attached to the sales agreement since I do not have a registered company name under which I sell my goods.

Thank you.

All the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2012
I am one of those who are victims of WAEC mistake in my certificate. There was a mistake in my date of birth, so I got a court affidavit to help correct the mistake. I also pointed it out in the form given to me. I want to ask if I did the right thing, that is , getting a court affidavit and pointing it out in the form? And please how long does it take to process a visa in December?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
gonon: I am one of those who are victims of WAEC mistake in my certificate. There was a mistake in my date of birth, so I got a court affidavit to help correct the mistake. I also pointed it out in the form given to me. [b]I want to ask if I did the right thing, that is , getting a court affidavit and pointing it out in the form? [/b]And please how long does it take to process a visa in December?

That is the right thing to do.

Nobody can tell you how long it to process a visa, you just have to wait.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sovica: 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
hello

please i need help. i want to know how and what i need to get visa for UK.
my wife is working in england, i want to go to her and live/work there. so i want to know how to apply and wich papers i need befor i can aply. my wife is from europe, she didnt have to get any visa to stay and work there, i have temporaly visa to stay in EU for 5 years.

please help me.. we have kids, 2 of them and i want to come to her. how can we do that? what we need?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2012
justwise:

Both, you can both submit combined documents to show that your wife and kid have the support of both sides.
. Thanks so much for this advice justwise so I would be focusing on the visiting visa at the moment by GODS GRACE and would let you know how it comes out but I have to get to the uk first before they apply and I would be the one to write the invitation letter.cheers my bro.if you have any other info I should know please tell me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reloaded11: 12:57am On Dec 14, 2012
It has been 8 weeks that i submitted my medical visa application and till date i have not received my application,i need someone t kindly explain why it takes so much time like....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 2:07am On Dec 14, 2012
My cousin applied for a visiting visa about 6 months ago(she wanted to visit my husband) but it was refused for a variety of reasons, including she didnt have enough funds, she couldnt prove she will be coming back to Nigeria, etc. Now she wants to apply for a student /study visa. We want to know, please, if the change in reason for travelling would militate against her, even if she meets all other requirements? Thank you very much in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2012
Arobake: My cousin applied for a visiting visa about 6 months ago(she wanted to visit my husband) but it was refused for a variety of reasons, including she didnt have enough funds, she couldnt prove she will be coming back to Nigeria, etc. Now she wants to apply for a student /study visa. We want to know, please, if the change in reason for travelling would militate against her, even if she meets all other requirements? Thank you very much in advance.

All your cousin need to do is to meet all student visa requirements, also apply to a registered school. Avoid private colleges with low ranking.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2012
dove30: . Thanks so much for this advice justwise so I would be focusing on the visiting visa at the moment by GODS GRACE and would let you know how it comes out but I have to get to the uk first before they apply and I would be the one to write the invitation letter.cheers my bro.if you have any other info I should know please tell me.

That is very important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chizyb: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
pls looking for a very cheap accomodation for 2 weeks in london who can help me. will travel on the 23rd
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dayet777(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Pls am going to uk for family visiting what are the document to have and how much to be in my bank account and the account of my uncle sponsoring me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
justwise:

Thank you very much, Justwise

All your cousin need to do is to meet all student visa requirements, also apply to a registered school. Avoid private colleges with low ranking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sovica: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
]hello

my wife is working in england, i want to go to her and live/work there. so i want to know how to apply and wich papers i need befor i can aply. my wife is from europe, she didnt have to get any visa to stay and work there, i have temporaly visa to stay in EU for 5 years.[/b]

please help me.. we have kids, 2 of them and i want to come to her. how can we do that? what we need?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayoTFC(m): 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
hi, people, my uk visa will expire January, i want to renew it, also i will like to apply for my wife and kids too.do i need to fill a separate form for my wife and kids? or i will used one form and indicate they are traveling with me and submitted it together with my passport and document.
i have relevant document for my wife and kids as well as my own document together with my sister letter of invitation and document.
pls i need an urgent replay as i plan to submit the document by January ending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
tayoTFC: hi, people, my uk visa will expire January, i want to renew it, also i will like to apply for my wife and kids too.do i need to fill a separate form for my wife and kids? or i will used one form and indicate they are traveling with me and submitted it together with my passport and document.
i have relevant document for my wife and kids as well as my own document together with my sister letter of invitation and document.
pls i need an urgent replay as i plan to submit the document by January ending.

Sir T,
Are you in PH?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2012
@justwise / @vicjustice

Please, Is it compulsory as a 23 yr 400level Student of Unilag in Nigeria applying for a family visit to have employment or personal source of income apart from the allowance from parents?? Because i found it very difficult to believe I was refused based on that ground. I provided parents statement,tax clearance,consent letter,(they will be taken care of the travel expense) letter from sch, i.d card, Uncle residential permit,passport page, invitation letter (email conversations n Ms word).

Please assist on what to do!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2012
Roxy4: @justwise / @vicjustice

Please, Is it compulsory as a 23 yr 400level Student of Unilag in Nigeria applying for a family visit to have employment or personal source of income apart from the allowance from parents?? Because i found it very difficult to believe I was refused based on that ground. I provided parents statement,tax clearance,consent letter,(they will be taken care of the travel expense) letter from sch, i.d card, Uncle residential permit,passport page, invitation letter (email conversations n Ms word).

Please assist on what to do!

You don't have strong tie to Nigeria, yes you are a student but we all know how unreliable school system is in Nigeria, you don't have your personal source of income as an adult, you can't use your parent's money as a tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2012
sovica: ]hello

my wife is working in england, i want to go to her and live/work there. so i want to know how to apply and wich papers i need befor i can aply. my wife is from europe, she didnt have to get any visa to stay and work there, i have temporaly visa to stay in EU for 5 years.[/b]

In which EU country are you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks @justwise what can i do now? sad sad

justwise:

You don't have strong tie to Nigeria, yes you are a student but we all know how unreliable school system is in Nigeria, you don't have your personal source of income as an adult, you can't use your parent's money as a tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by freeway01: 10:27am On Dec 18, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,Pls I need your advise. I just got denied a tourist visa by the UK based on a flimsy excuse regarding my finances despite the fact that I provided 3 bank statements showing regular inflow and outflow including a salary account.I was given an option to appeal but I need advise if I should go ahead with the appeal or re-apply. Your kind suggestions would be appreciated
(Quote) (Re
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2012
freeway01: Hello Nairalanders,Pls I need your advise. I just got denied a tourist visa by the UK based on a flimsy excuse regarding my finances despite the fact that I provided 3 bank statements showing regular inflow and outflow including a salary account.I was given an option to appeal but I need advise if I should go ahead with the appeal or re-apply. Your kind suggestions would be appreciated
(Quote) (Re

How much is your monthly salary and how much in total are in those 3 bank statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by freeway01: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2012
@justwise monthly salary is a little above N100k but net salary as at when I applied is N61k due to deductions,contributions e.t.c d balance of d salary acct is ova 300k,personal account over 700k

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.