Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Interview With The Amateur Photographer 1st Selection Draw Top Prize Winner - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Interview With The Amateur Photographer 1st Selection Draw Top Prize Winner (1772 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) / The Amateur Photographer Competition Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With The Amateur Photographer 1st Selection Draw Top Prize Winner by maclatunji: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2011
Interview with Ayodimeji, Chukwuma Olugbewesa winner of the 1st prize in the selection draw of the first batch of finalists for The Amateur Photographer
Competition held on the 7th of December 2011 held at The Hardley Apartments, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Olajide NigeriaTop: Can you introduce yourself to us?

Ayodimeji: My name is Ayodimeji, Chukwuma Olugbewesa.

Olajide NigeriaTop: You are the first prize winner for the first draw/selection process for The Amateur Photographer Competition. Can you tell us the prize you won

Ayodimeji: I won a 32-inch LCD television.

Olajide NigeriaTop: How did you get to know about the competition?

Ayodimeji: It was Morayo (one of the other 10 finalists selected thus far) that informed me. I met her at a recent event- The Lagos Photography Portfolio Review.

Olajide NigeriaTop: She introduced you to the competition?

Ayodimeji: Yes, she told me to check it on Facebook (http://www/facebook.com/theamateurphotographerng). So, I checked it and saw that it is okay. It is the
first time I am seeing something like this and I am really happy that some people (Replica Digital Photo Centre) have thought about this and are trying to help we
amateur photographers achieve something and make us popular for what we do.

Olajide NigeriaTop: Weren’t you a little bit skeptical particularly when you were asked to pay N2,000 as registration fee for the competition?

Ayodimeji: Well I study accounting and feel it is okay because the prizes are great. You don’t expect to get a car, laptop and camera without contributing anything; it
doesn’t make sense. I don’t see anything bad about that.

Olajide NigeriaTop: Apart from Photography what other thing do you do?

Ayodimeji: I am a student at Babcock University and I am studying accounting.

Olajide NigeriaTop: Do you think your photograph is good enough to win the competition overall or are you going to participate for other months?[/b]Ayodimeji:

Well, I think my photograph called “Lekki Sea View” is good enough to win at the Grand finale; most people are actually amazed (when they see it) at the way the sky is and do not actually believe that it was taken in Nigeria because I took it from a different perspective.

[b]Olajide NigeriaTop: Congratulations once again, we look forward to seeing you at the Grand finale and wish you best of luck.

Ayodimeji: Thank you very much!

The Amateur Photographer Competition is on-going as there are 20 additional finalists to be selected before the Grand finale takes place in January 2012. For more information visit The Amateur Photographer fanpage on Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amateur-Photographer . You can also go to the website http://www.theamateurphotographerng.com, follow @damateurphoto on Twitter and BB PIN is 2842CB15.

Source: http://nigeriatop.com/beta/menu-showcase/newsflash/1625-the-interview-with-tap-first-prize-winner.html

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Artist? Join Our Team! / {latest}happy Holi 2016 Whatsapp Videos – Funny Video Mp4 / Epson L220 Inkjet Multifunction Printer ( Print,scan And Photocopy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.