Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,100 members, 7,867,159 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Part 20 Who Is A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 20 Who Is A Christian? (550 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Part 20. Do You Know That The Clergy/laity Order Has Been Cancelled By Christ Je (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Part 20 Who Is A Christian? by louisadiks: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
PART 20 WHO IS A CHRISTIAN? ARE WE: PAGANS PRACTICING CHRISTIANITY? OR CHRISTIANS PRACTICING PAGANISM? AND THE LIGHT SHINETH IN DARKNESS AND THE DARKNESS COMPREHENDED IT NOT…, John1:5
We are gradually coming to the end of the age, a critical time when people can no more distinguish between Falsehood and Truth, Paganism and Christianity, goats and sheep, wheat and Tares, ignorance and knowledge, Darkness and light. Jesus said in Matthew 6:22-24 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:22-24 KJV. Here we see the Lord unveiling the truth about the two types of eyes men have, a single eye and an evil eye. The spiritual eye of a man is the heart and like a veil standing between the spirit and the soul of the man, can turn to the right hand thus inclining to the dictates of the Holy Spirit within the spirit or to the left where it becomes subject to the powers of sin and self of the soul. A wise man’s heart is at his right hand; but a fool’s heart at his left. Ecclesiastes 10:2KJV

DIAGRAM 1 If our eye is single, the Holy Spirit pours out the righteousness of God into our spirit which ally with the believing heart to move into our soul causing it to incline to love, goodness, patience and other fruit of the Spirit. The overwhelming refreshing and rest our soul receives triggers our body to quickly respond to God’s lifestyle thus the Christ–like nature full of light and of good works is manifested to the world. The scripture states in Matthew5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5 :16KJV For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10 But if our eye is evil revealing the wickedness of the heart, the power of our soul suppresses our spirit to manifest the fullness of self, the desires of the flesh and the pride of life. Jesus said that our whole body then becomes filled with darkness. In this state if we consider ourselves still working in the light we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. How great is the corruption of our soul and subsequent defilement of our body. We must be careful in choosing the master we want to serve. Jesus Christ made a categorical statement of fact: “No man can serve two masters” Supreme in God’s heart at this time is the need to redefine who a Christian really is. We have seen religious bodies, sects, and denominations all over the world wearing the cloak of Christianity, shamelessly acting as Christians when in their practices they are chronic pagans. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing. Jesus Christ described them thus: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you are like tombs that have been whitewashed, which look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything impure. Just so, you also outwardly seem to people to be just and upright but inside you are full of pretense and lawlessness and iniquity. Matthew23:27-28 AMPLV Also Psalm 5: 9, 10 characterizes them stating: For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward parts is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against thee.Psalms5:9,10 KJV There are many who parade themselves as Christians but serve two masters contrary to the concept of those with single eye. In this passage, our Lord Jesus exposes the resultant lifestyle of those who live in this division between God and the world or between builders of the treasures on earth and builders of the treasures in heaven. They may either be those who wish to please God and men at the same time. God had written clearly that we cannot serve Him and mammon at the same time. What is mammon? We may ask. Mammon means what the entire world offers, the lust of the flesh, of the eyes and the pride of life. The scripture in Matthew16:26 states: For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?. Self, whether bodily or worldly constitutes the mammon which cannot be served in combination with God. Any mixture according to ratio, 99.999% truth plus o.oo1% lie is all lie because God is not a man that He should lie. THERE IS NO LIE IN TRUTH. I write to you not because you are ignorant and do not perceive and know the Truth, but because you do perceive and know it, and [know positively] that nothing false (no deception, no lie) is of the Truth.1John2:21AMPLV In the midst of all these, God is sending His last food to redeem those that should be redeemed, separating them as wheat from the tares and as sheep from the goats. Jesus reminded me of Matthew24:36-39 which states: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:36-39 KJV In the days of Noah there were certain occurrences which provoked God to the extent of regretting to have ever created man. Jesus Christ stated that as in the days of Noah so it shall be these last days. We should not take this message for granted. Let us gain an insight to those areas, examine and compare them with the happenings of our time as indicators to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1] Men began to multiply upon the surface of the earth and God increased the earth with great blessings. Instead of men to dress and replenish the earth as was instructed men to do, men began to corrupt and pervert the blessings of God. The more the sinners the more the sin grew to an extent that the Spirit of God could not continue to strive with man. 2] Mixed Marriages: It is stated that the sons of God were marrying the daughters of men who were profane and ungodly. The pure breed got married to strange wives and was unequally yoked together. These people kept on grieving the Holy Spirit and refused to turn away from their sins. When God saw that man had become fleshly, incurably corrupt, carnal and sensual He began plans to wipe out the wicked world. Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. And the Lord called him and communicated to him His plan to destroy the wicked world by water. God often times reveal His secret plans to His servants before its execution. We see examples where God visited Abraham and told him His resolve to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. These last days God by His Spirit is also revealing to us the next coming event so that we would not be taken unaware. God directed Noah to make an Ark with definite instructions on how to build it. That it must be made of gopher-wood and having three compartments high like three stories. Noah had the exact dimensions from God to ensure that he built the Ark according to the pattern showed to him. Noah was diligent in building the Ark working by faith and in complete obedience to God. We believe that many of his neighbors and friends must have ridiculed him faithlessly taking his ministrations as a great joke of a drunkard. Nevertheless he held on to the promise of God. The Lord asked him to make a door by the side of the Ark, a window towards the top to let in light and air into the cabins and to rub pitch and tar within and without to prevent water from soaking into the wood to keep the Ark afloat. Yes, at Noah’s time after the flood God promised not to use water again to destroy the world; He had yet warned again to destroy the world with fire. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation ad godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the element shall melt with fervent heat? 2 Peter3:10-12 KJV. How prepared are we to meet with the lord in His judgment especially in death and in judgment of the great day. Have we checked out our foundation properly to be fully persuaded that we are building on Christ the Rock to guarantee our ticket into Christ the Ark of God? Make sure no mistakes. Many who had died though they spent their whole life stay on earth going to church never experienced salvation until they died. Sad to say they are hell bound, no holy High mass can be said to remove them from purgatory to heaven. No amount of extreme unction can bribe their way to meet with God. No set of tongue talking pastors, bishops, archbishops with holy water and anointing oil can pray and change their destiny. We have just but one chance to make it like the thief on the cross. We don’t need long prayers as short as the one rendered by the thief on the cross can earn us a ticket to heaven right now. “Lord Jesus, I am so sorry, I repent of all my sins etc.” If we fail, we will pity ourselves when we cross over, looking for someone we would send down to the earth and we will find none like the rich man and the beggar in Luke 16:19-31. The story Jesus narrated to the people and the disciples shows how foolish and ignorant we can be to allow man made religions to determine our destiny and play us into hell; God forbid it; after all these wealth of knowledge being poured out these last days. Hnnm!!! THE WAILING, AND GRINDING AND GNASHING OF TEETH WOULDN’T BE AN EASY ONE. We have no excuse before God to miss it. WAKE UP. Back to the question: WHO IS A CHRISTIAN? Christianity was founded by Jesus Christ. It is not a religion but God’s way of life to be manifested in the man He created in His own image. The concept here is for man to grow progressively into spiritual maturity then walk into His likeness. It is a movement for God’s people on earth. Christianity has just one foundation that is Christ Jesus therefore must be Christ centered. The scripture in 1Corinthians3:10-15 states: According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abides which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.1Corinthians3:10-15KJV The scripture declares that the doctrine of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ is the principal doctrine of Christianity. It also forewarns the builders, who build on this foundation revealing that some would build gold, silver, precious stones because they hold on to nothing but the truth that is in Christ Jesus. There are others who built sky crappers with wood, hay and stubble on this foundation and men considered them to be very successful in their ministries. The scripture describes these ones as those who had departed from the mind of Christ and all they had built shall not stand the test as the trial days has come. Many church going believing and unbelieving believers spend huge amounts of their God’s given wealth to build and support paganism instead of Christianity. For example many build denominational churches thinking that they are building for God. [My people will ask: WHO SENT YOU?] God’s wealth is to be spent on the people of God as the scripture demands because they are the true and final temple of God. Let us here this breaking news if our attention have not been drown to it from our Bibles. But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house would ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things? Act7:47-50KJV Also Acts 17:24-25 states: God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things. Thirdly let us examined this statement from the lips of Jesus in Matthew 16:18: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Acts16:18KJV This scripture has always been quoted by Catholics to prove that Peter was given a superior position and that the entire church was built on him. When Jesus appeared to me I asked him about this school of thought and He said it is not true. Let us look at the verse again. The statement made here by Jesus did not imply that the church was built on Peter rather on Christ. In the verses just before, Jesus Christ asked His disciples who men were saying that He was. Some said He was John the Baptist, some Elijah; others thought He was Jeremiah or one of the prophets. Then Jesus asked His disciples who they thought Him to be. Peter replied:”Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus then said, “Thou art Peter,(petros a stone) and upon this rock(petra amass of rock, a foundation rock of ages) I will build my church.” The rock upon which the true church was connected with Peter’s statement “Thou art the Christ” is therefore the true foundation built on Christ Himself not on Peter. In 1 Peter2:4-8 it is stated that Peter himself declared that Christ was the foundation rock. He spoke of Christ being the stone which was set at naught by builders. This is also revealed in Acts 4: 11-12: This is the stone which was set at naught of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts4:11-12KJV The Church was built on Christ: He is the true foundation and any other foundation that raises its head in the guise of a true foundation is a false foundation and should be exposed now. For the scripture had categorically stated in 1 Corinthians 3:11: “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. What we shall establish for now is that Jesus Christ had said, “I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Jesus Christ did not ask any man to build His Church for Him neither did He ask men to make contributions nor provide materials for the building of His Church. Let us reason together; Who knows the Church? How does it look like? And what materials do we think can perfectly be used in the building of this house? Besides has God truly requested for materials from us? Right from the beginning we read from the scriptures how God planted His garden without the help of Adam but only instructed him to dress and keep it. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.Genesis2:7, 8, 9,15KJV The scripture in Isaiah55:8,9 states: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8,9KJV Jesus said to me: “There are many that claimed to have built a church for me. I had never sent them; they are building for their basal appetites and for the devil that sent them. The Lord continued, Can’t you see the devil prevailing against all the churches? As for My Church, the gates of hell cannot prevail against it. That is the difference. The gates of hell had eaten up ALL Denominations awaiting the last push of My axe that had been laid on it to have it hewn down and dragged into fire. I cannot wait to do this. This is why I am sending you with this last food. Tell them that I appeared to you and I have sent you with the materials that will energize them to pull out now from their denominations and be cleaved unto Me. I am ready to plague the entire church system. Those who do not heed this last call would be caged in to partake in their plagues.” Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation o devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins and that ye receive not of her plagues. Revelation18:2-4 KJV. WATCH OUT FOR THESE SOON COMING ARTICLES THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!!! A] IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE. IT IS TIME FOR THE ANNULMENT OF THE LAW OF CELIBACY. JESUS CHRIST SPOKE TO ME, GIVING OUT PROOFS. “THE PRIEST AND NUNS MUST MARRY” B] JESUS CHRIST SPOKE ON THE DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH SYSTEM. C] HOW WE BECAME ADULTRESSES CONTROLLED BY JEZEBEL AND ANTICHRIST SPIRITS D] AS CHRISTIANS, WHY SHOULD WE HAVE SEX IN OUR DREAMS? E] HOW TO SOLVE THESE SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS ON OUR OWN? F] DISPENSATIONAL MOVEMENT OF THE SPIRIT AND THE TABERNACLE OF MOSES.

WOW. YOU CAN’T MISS THE ABOVE TOPICS. GET THEM TO YOUR BOX…, Straight BY SUBCRIBING NOW TO www.amazine.com Be ready to Register soon as a Support Team Member to receive more revelations. manchildfaq@gmail.com Louisadikibarasika Bassey Okokon

Re: Part 20 Who Is A Christian? by Lasinoh: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2011
Only Jesus Christ of course. . .
The rest na counterfeit! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Kung Fu / The Five Pillars Of Islam - What A Christian Should Know / Meditation Of The Day(john 2:13-25)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.