Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Free Meal For Lagos Pupils - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free Meal For Lagos Pupils (6163 Views)

Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / Flash Back: Osinbajo Promises Free Meal For Students / Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by jason123: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
houvest:

If it is well planned, It can be done. With the promise of assistance by the FG and funds from UNICEF and other International organisations. Never say never Please.

In Lagos? I doubt it (may be its just me). Imo, yes because its easier to manage the population compared to Lagos, apart from the corruption taking its portion as we the money goes down the logistics chain.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by ayusman16(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
Free meals inside dilapidated buildings, no books, poorly paid teachers etc.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Free meals inside dilapidated buildings, no books, poorly paid teachers etc.

Like I said, this program is likely funded by WFP (World food program) which is the same world organization that is handling the program in other African countries as we speak. Improving quality of Education is still the role to be played by the nigerian Government and no one else.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Beaf: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
When I created a thread about GEJ promising to support any state that would feed its students, many braindead people criticised it.
Lets wait for the usual small-minded ethnic bigots to begin singing their over the top praises.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by mikeapollo: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Dont be fooled by Fashola. I can never trust that deceitful governor anymore.

This may turn out to be another way to fleece Lagosians through inflated contracts.

Let him use the money he wants to spend on that and plough it back into LASU and stop the silly increase in fees from 25,000 to 250,000-300,000.

This is a ploy to win some support and divert people's anger from the LASU and Lekki Toll issue.

I dont live in Lekki and I dont have any interest in LASU(at least for now), but I will gladly join any protest against the follish decisions by Fashola to make life unbearable for them

Nonesense
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Like I said, this program is likely funded by WFP (World food program) which is the same world organization that is handling the program in other African countries as we speak. Improving quality of Education is still the role to be played by the nigerian Government and no one else.

World Food Program? You try, not co-sponsored by the FG or SG? Well, since you have so much data on WFP, please go ahead and provide stats for us how many kids does WFP intend to provide? How many have they provided to other West African nations.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by MrMechEng(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
Good idea, but will Nigerian parents allow their kids to take food from outsiders? I remember growing up in lagos i was trained to never take food offered to me by outsiders (cousins and family friends included).
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^^LOL . . . How many children actually obey those rules? Abegi!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by MrMechEng(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
smiley I did.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
pele oo . . . . good kid! grin
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Umarjob: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Good Job.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Olalekan0(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
It's long over due,The immediate past governor of Osun State;Olagunsoye Oyinlola fed,gave free textbooks and paid the WAEC fees of his state's students throught the duration of his tenure.

So what's the big deal?
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by antartica(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
Food,we talk about food as we talk about god,like giving the children a space craft.Food is something the children should have in abundance if really we are conscious.

Nigerians are sleep walking.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by philip0906(m): 11:16pm On Dec 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

[size=18pt]How else do you you improve people's standard of living if not by feeding hungry school kids [/size] and giving them a clear shot at a better life and future?

Even back in the 60s and maybe 70s, school kids used to get free meals, milk and shakes daily.
How bad can it get?In a desperate bid to score a point and be a bootlicker,a supposed intelligent being, types this thrash. . .Its a pity *SMH* undecided
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by antartica(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
We should incorporate our education with the act of living,then we will realized that the act of learning is the act of overcoming.Act of creation.

The children shouldn't lack a thing.Schools should be ran like a place of knowledge,a place where people reason not like piggery and dumps.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by werepeLeri: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
Mu hehehehe - some goons called GEJ names when he made this assertion few weeks ago about introducing free meals to primary school pupils. But now - it is a good policy because Lagos is adopting it. Shio.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by werepeLeri: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by philip0906(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
werepeLeri:

Mu hehehehe - some goons called GEJ names when he made this assertion few weeks ago about introducing free meals to primary school pupils. But now - it is a good policy because Lagos is adopting it. Shio.
Don't mind the Fashola poo lickers. . .When Okorocha introduced something similar,they were allover d forum spewing thrash but now superman fash does same and its commendable. . .like u said,SHIO
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by GboyegaD(m): 1:11am On Dec 17, 2011
My worry though is that would the project be well supervised so that our so called private partners out of their greed would not be giving the children impoverished food in the name of free feeding.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by ak47mann(m): 4:10am On Dec 17, 2011
were is eko ile and blue-teeth angry angry angry angry angry their fashola had come again cheesy wey them they should come and praise sing and dance owambe naah angry
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by RuuDie(m): 7:12am On Dec 17, 2011
Great news for the kids. . . . . . only if the food is good, abundant and certified fit for human consumption though!
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by kayswag100(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2011
angry angry angry angry
Seemingly Preposterous!!!

first, it's rochas with N150 'silly' stipends for pupils; now it's a whole FASHOLA proposing to give free meals to pupils? common! gotta be kidding me!

Trust the greedy yoruba teachers that would have 'nylon-stuffed-pupil-meals' in their bags at the end of the day! (just as they do @ 'Owambes')

Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by kinguwem: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2011
Free meals for pupils in public schools is okay. However, this may turn out to be another avenue to loot public funds. LASG should reduce the fees for students at LASU. Despite the achievements of Fashola, if the masses are not happy, then he needs to review his policies.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2011
kayswag100:

angry angry angry angry
Seemingly Preposterous!!!

first, it's rochas with N150 'silly' stipends for pupils; now it's a whole FASHOLA proposing to give free meals to pupils? common! gotta be kidding me!

Trust the greedy yoruba teachers that would have 'nylon-stuffed-pupil-meals' in their bags at the end of the day! (just as they do @ 'Owambes')

Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Why are you folks so evil minded?? I bet you call yourself or your household christian/muslim at the end of the day, yet you cannot OBEY the second commandment which is Love thy neighbor as thine own self? Do you think it can every be good for those who are filled with hate for their neighbors?
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by 1luvkipsus: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2011
I strongly disagree with this policy.i dnt think food is the problem of dis children and their parents.d money meant 4 dis 'free meal' shud b used 2 give better learning environment 2 d pupils.my oda fear is dat d possible carelessnes of d 'cooks' can easily lead 2 death of pupils thru food poisoning,etc.we must be careful pls!
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by pato405(m): 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
WHERE IS NAFDAC!!! hope these kids are safe.

wahala dey! before you say 'Jack', officials delegated with this policy will pocket over 75% of the funds and serve the poor children coloured water as tea and share a tiny loaf of 'Agege bread' amongst 50 children.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by werepeLeri: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2011
Compare responses when GEJ said the same:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821099.0.html
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by pato405(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2011
1luvkipsus:

I strongly disagree with this policy.i dnt think food is the problem of dis children and their parents.d money meant 4 dis 'free meal' shud b used 2 give better learning environment 2 d pupils.my oda fear is dat d possible carelessnes of d 'cooks' can easily lead 2 death of pupils thru food poisoning,etc.we must be careful pls!
i just can't agree less with you. carelessness - resulting from poor sanitary conditions in their miserable kitchens, bacteria growing on poorly washed utensils, unhygienic cooking environments, poor preservation of food stuffs due to incessant power outages (such as serving sour/rancid milk or stale meat due to poor refrigeration), serving left over foods over the weekends in the next week in a bid to cut costs e.t.c. there are better needs to channel such funds to. the need for an improved learning environment & strategic curriculum cannot be over-emphasised. first things should come first.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by felifeli: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
Good. The social benefits are enormous. It will make a lot more children eager to go to school and progressively destroy the almajiri culture and the Boko Haram consequences in our backward northern states. Thumb up GEJ.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by basadenet: 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2011
Should concentrate on more pressing issues, guess what, the scheme will not last, because the state can not sustain it for long.
Re: Free Meal For Lagos Pupils by Okijajuju1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
Somebody should go and call ROCHAS OKOROCHA to come and see what he should have done instead of paying the children 100 Naira salary. When subsidy is taken off, I wonder if he will increase their salary!! Arrant nonsense.

Another laudable idea from Lagos state government.

But I want then to use foreign/well established catering companies like "West African Caterers", "Cordeau" and co. None of this local people to avoid a case of food poisoning!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Striking Workers Beat-up Commissioner In Plateau / N29billion Lagos Suspension Bridge Is A Huge Fraud!!! / SERAP Asks EFCC To Probe Missing N500m Chibok Safe School Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.