Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

George Bush and His War on Iraq - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Bush and His War on Iraq (1841 Views)

Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! / Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital / Desmond Tutu Wants George Bush And Tony Blair To Go To Jail Over Iraq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2005
Makgod I tell you that CNN is Bush's favourites and they can't just broadcast what did not happen.

The suicide bomber in Iraq is what you call terrorist, this is because of war in Iraq. It was not so befora the war.
May I even tell you that most people doing it are not even Saddam's loyalists. But because they hates American's presence on their soil,this angers them, they call them "Infidel" What are "infidels" doing on our soil"

If iraq is guilty of violence and criminal charges then America is much more guilty.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2005
haha u think so....? infidel... ,hmnnn,
have u ever been hated for what u believe, immagin u are hated cuz u are a christian...
u wont really know cuz u dont live in a moslem country right..?

thats the same way America is hated for their freedom, which is contrary to coraan.
terrorist are sponsored and paid heavily, some guy at the top must be doing that.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Vieira(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2005
makgod, I don talk that I will say no more on this topic but some of your statements are incredible!!

North Korea responsible?? how?

Troops that have died in Iraq have unfortunately died for a bad cause. What terrorists have they captured in Iraq?? Tell me one terrorist that was captured in Iraq that has done something in America? Just one o!

The suicide bombers in Iraq are there know becuase of America and they are attacking foriegners on thier own land. If they had equal weapons like the America's it would be called a war but becuase they cannot face the americans face to face and have to resort to underhand tatics they are called terrorists!

When a big guy is beating up a small guy then it is ok for the small guy to bite, scratch and kick in the balls!!
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2005
Viera let's leave makgod and this issue.
Generation to come will judge it.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 12:36am On Jul 19, 2005
makgod, like Vieira I said I wont discuss on this topic again, but like he says;

Vieira:

makgod, I don talk that I will say no more on this topic but some of your statements are incredible!!

Firstly, like he as asked, I dont understand what you mean by North Korea being responsible

Secondly, there are presently, 200k insurgents according to American Intelligence and counting weekly.

Thirdly, know it now and know it well, the bombings done in Iraq and Al-Zaqarwi are Shiites and not Sunnis. Saddam was a Sunni and was financed for 10 years to fight a war against Iran when there was a Shiite uprising declared by the late Ayatollah Khomeini, so read you history well.

Fourth;
makgod:

have you ever been hated for what you believe, immagin you are hated because you are a christian...
you wont really know because you don't live in a moslem country right..?

as you stated who is being hated and why? If it is the Americans, I asked you before, why and I repeat WHY are the AMericans (who are even Christians) as you put it being the only one hated? Are they only ones with freedom in this world?

Fifth, If they are actually fighting for freedom, I know a lot of countries that are being tied by their leaders, e.g Eyademma of Togo, our former Oga in Naija who did a lot of atrocities, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc, too numerous to mention, so why havent the Americans gone their and fought to free them?

makgod, i think you are being biased more than anyone here and shade your eyes with the reality. Let me tell you, the only country in History (go and check) where the British entered to colonise and ran away without achieving aything was Iraq, you and Bush should go and ask them WHY? America will see hell in Iraq, and Vietnam will be a blessing to what will happen. I think after 3 British soldiers were killed last week, the British have woken up and decided that there will be out of Iraq in 1 year smiley Let's when your super powerful Bush will run, we will all be here to witness itsmiley And I repeat if he has the balls of a man and not those of an EWU smiley, let him go and fight North Korea, that is face to face threatening him, or is it that they dont have OIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL smiley
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 4:36am On Jul 19, 2005
generation will always see bush as a great leader, thats all.

cant really talk anymore cuz u guys are not really getting my point.
Im not bias ok...? and please that use oil as a reason for the war...
thats childish 2 me. wink
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:03am On Jul 19, 2005
american democracy...? like i said they hate them cuz of it, do we have to argue about that too...?
Now u guys dont even believe any terrorists have been captured,maybe u dont know.....?
u want names..?..were do i start.

US got a camp in south America where over 1600 captured terrorist and suspects are being tried.just an a piece of ice burg.

I hope u dont meet a terrorists someday, cuz thats the only way u will know that u cant deal with them in a deplomatic manner, They declared Jihad on America since even b4 WTC was attacked.

which was just the worst cuz ther have been previouse attacks, their embassies in different countries...
Did u think one way or the other USA wouldn't strike back someday..?

Talk about Afghanistan... was it not a success, even though there is a little instability there...atleast the women there are free now, the can even contest for elections.. isn't that good to hear, but guesse what. there were criticisms for bush not to go there too.

i should go t sleep, i know i am just pouring water on decks backs wink
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2005
You are also pouring water at the back of calabash.

The war in Iraq is unpopular.
Let your mentor attack N. Korea then I will know he's a warrior.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2005
calabash....? haha....
u sound like north Korea is above US...,

the war is not just about weapons of mass distruction, its about eradication of terrorism in our world.
i guesse that excuse north korea a little.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2005
G-u-s-h!
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by anugirl(f): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2005
GP,Vieira n medube i like de anwers u've given 2 this guy. makgod, there're so many things u need 2 know about American evil policy in de world.

So u think is good 4 America 2 bomb innocent people just because of their selfish interests abi.....

Gosh shocked wath sort of idea is that angry.....anyways i can start wasting my time 2  explain things 2 u, cuzz u ain't ready 2 listen. angry U're just a terrorist like Bush-igbo!
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by sage(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2005
1600 troops lost. thats all we hear. What of 25000 iraqis who would have been alive if not 4 Bushs personal vendetta against saddam. Is anybody mentioning them.
If it were easy, bush would have also invaded other dictators that he does not like, cos in any case what has he got to lose, except the lives of young men that he does not even know
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2005
war casualties......, i was only saying u.s also lost some people.
but it was bound to happen anyway. (dissadvantages of war.)

i see u all hate Bush for what i dont know... wink,for once, try and look at the positive side, .
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Vieira(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2005
Positive side, hmm.

Okay I can think of maybe 2 positive things

1. They got rid of Saddam, who was a bastard.

2. They have secured oil and also rebuilding contracts for lots of American companies.

weighing that against all the negatives which have been mentioned before and I will not repeat, it seems not to be enough of a gain unless you happen to be a CEO in one of those companies. (Bush Cronies)

But it seems Makgod that we are going to agree to disagree on this topic.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 4:02am On Jul 21, 2005
just only two u got...?
i c u guys are really underrating terrorists and what they are capable of doing..?
I think US saved the world.

its was a really bad method, but it was the only option.
like i will always say WTC was not mend to be the last.

Thousands of more americans would have gone.

it was not only about oil man... like u always say, it was about the
social security of US at risks
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Vieira(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2005
I will never underrate terrorists. I bet I have more experience of them than you have.

I lived through the IRA bombing campaign in London which by the way was partly funded by american donations which they only stopped after 9/11

I now have also lived through the London attacks by the Alqueda people.

So I do not under rate them but it still does not make what is going on in Iraq right.

Almost all other nations disagree with the war and even the UK who is in Iraq, they do not have the backing of the public.

This discussion we are having is a good thing becuase even if we do not agree at least other people can read the differing opinions and maybe they will do thier own research and learn not to swallow everything they are told by thier leader.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 4:35am On Jul 22, 2005
well Viera.. like i said b4, if this war took just a week, saddam out of power,full democracy in iraq, the world feeling more at peace,
people wouldn't have been complaining.
I will say America kind of underrated the abilities of terrorist, nevertheless, the war was really necesarry.

If u go back and watch the video of the way American citezens were talking after their attack, u will see that al of them had words of vengeance.

An immediate decision from senate was passed to fight and eradicate terrorists, what do u think, that was a decision to kill, for a better future.

that future is yet to come, but lives are paying for it.

I believe generation will appreciate bush,
i like his determination, u dont turn ur back when it gets hot,
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by sage(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2005
makgod i dont hate Bush, but believe me iraq had nothing to do with the terrorists
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by hotangel2(f): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2005
truth. iraq has nothing to do with the bombing of WTC/terrorist.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:43am On Jul 23, 2005
well maybe u guys are correct, but since saddam has been sponsoring terrorism,and he was a potential enemy of US,
so get it..... 4 US to be more secured, they had to take him off .
taking him off from power was not really and easy thing to do cuz he has dedicated followers.
who made it hard for america.

finally it has turned to a war.

so its really not fare for people to be blaming bush.... if i was him.. i would have done the same.
Nobody ever knew terrorist were this much equiped. look at what they did in egypt yesterday....
the are every where u know...... and the need to be eradicated not only by war.. but by orientations..

its not an easy war.. its a long war.. but finally.... they will loose.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2005
makgod, if I may ask, are you American? I ask this because all I hear you talk about is how Americans cried like this and how they lost this and how they are affected by this and so on and so forth. Secondly, please point outrightly which country America has gone to rescue from terrorism which has no OIL? Which country has America fought for which has no OIL? And considering we are talking of terrorism, well elts look at the world of terrorism my dear makgod which America has done bull about:

1. Philipinnes
2. Indonesia
3. Spain
4. Northen Ireland
5. DARFUR
with so many more to mention. Is it that because they dont have OIL, they are not interested? Come my friend, unleashing terror on people doesnt have to do with only bombing. When Abacha was terrorizing our Naija, what did America do? What did America say? Nothing, you know why? Because Abacha was guaranteeing them their OIL by shutting up anyone who opens his mouth from any oil community.

Basically, these are the last words I will say on this topic. And I will repeat it once again, no condition is permanent. Just like the great Hitler of Germany, the great Napoleon of France, the great Eqgyptians, etc who were all super powers at one time fell, so shall your George BUsh and his great America fall one day, trust me. I hope by then we will all be here on this forum for me to remind you.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by joftech(m): 12:11am On Jul 28, 2005
The war in Iraq is just too messy for the US. I hope this does not become another Vietnam for them, because the insurgents in Iraq are doing just what the commies did to frustrate the US from Vietnam.

I don't really think the best way to eradicate terrorism is war, but how do you pacify someone whose mission in life is to self-destruct.

I pray that all these terrorism does not start the 3rd World War, since this was how the 1st World War started. 

We all need to be on our knees, this is not just the time to be trading blames.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2005
yeah u are right....? prayers is a cool thing to do....
just ask God to give Bush victory.
I ll be doing dat too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

North Korea Asks Mongolia For Food Aid! (LOL) / Breaking News. Mugabe Dies / Must Read : How Haiti Became Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.