Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

George Bush and His War on Iraq - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Bush and His War on Iraq (1837 Views)

Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! / Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital / Desmond Tutu Wants George Bush And Tony Blair To Go To Jail Over Iraq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2005
Who says George w Bush made a mistake going to Iraq?

Personally, I think he is a great leader, and I love him so much.

I support the war to Iraq. Though its not turning out good, it will someday.

I support the war 100 percent.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2005
War blows no man any good.

First, what was his reason for going to Iraq?
He said saddam had (WMD)weapon of mass destruction.

Every nooks and cranny of Iraq was searched with nothing to show.

The house of the Lords was angry with Tony Blair because he joined Bush to war against Iraq .
one of his ministers resigned just because of war in Iraq.

Now he made a U-turn and said 9/11 attack on US was linked to Iraq he was criticized for that.

No intelligent reports linking saddam with Sept 11.
Now crude oil prize is skyrocketting because of war in Iraq.

I for one I refuse to support the war in Iraq.

Iraq is a sovereign nation and Saddam was the leader as Bush is to US.
Why abuse your power because the other man is not strong enough.

UN refused to endorse (approve) the war in Iraq but he went with his" follow follow" friend.
No wonder analysts named the war as the most unpopular so ever.

I followed this war in Iraq on CNN the US favorite network station and you pity people of Iraq right now.
Several people were killed and killing is still going on.

War is not good and in particular Iraq's war was not without Ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by hotangel2(f): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2005
Bush is a Bush man. Stupid is as stupid does, he is stupid.

First he claims that it was saddam that blew WTC, then he came saying they found it was Osama, and the he made so many american soldiers die. Infact He is stupid. Everyone knows he is, Even the solideiers fighting for him/america in Iraq Said he is stupid.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:17am On Jul 14, 2005
well, someone got to die in a war, thats y its called war.
who knows... white house would have been the next target for terrorist.

i dont think it would have paid either if bush just relaxed and waited for another terrorist attack to US, cuz one thing is sure, wtc wasn't supposed to be the last.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2005
makgod you've got no point here.
You think it's war and someone has to die, do you kill to add to the number of people that were already dead?
Should the innocents be the victims?
Did Intelligent reports pointed accussation to Saddam?
Did he find the acclaimed WMD in Iraq till date?
Is there peace in Iraq now?
What of the children that are now the victims of this war?
Look! a right thinking man will not support war in Iraq.
I support fighting terrorism not the innocents.

OK where is Osama Bin Laden now?
Why not fish him out?
Did you listen to CNN last night?
Do you know what is happening there now?

This is nothing but abuse of power.
UN is supreme why not honour UN?

A group of UN were in Iraq searching for WMD, found nothing and Bush started the war. These people had to leave before the scheduled time.

I don't know whether you follow the War in Iraq. I did from day one till last night.

1 Like

Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2005
war is bad, i know, but sometimes its the only solution 2 certain issues,
its unfortunate that innocent are dying, i hate it.

but think of it, who are the killers of the innocent in iraq,
who are the killers of the innocent in other parts of the world,
well, no WMD was found i know, but think of it, is iraq dat small..?
Saddam is smart enough to let it be found.

like bush said, u dont play diplomacy with terrorist.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2005
its true in ur right senses u won't want war,
but when thousand of ur citizens are blown under 9 mins,
u are bound to loose ur senses anyway.

no one was perfect enough to think dat the war could have lasted this long,
more that 70% of the senate voted 4 d war....

Didn't they know dat soldiers and innocent will die?.

Great peter i think being a leader sometimes doesn't have to do
with emotional feelings, but rather doing d necessary and justified.
the war was necessary, just dat, it didnt turn out as expected.u wanna blame bush 4 dat?.
u want him to give up now..?

like i said its war, war never is good cuz people die,but then its one
of the most effective way to peace.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Vieira(m): 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2005
Makgod what are you talking about??

its true in your right senses you won't want war,
but when thousand of your citizens are blown under 9 mins,
you are bound to loose your senses anyway.

was it Iraq that did it?

what has that got to do with Iraq??

Osama did that and other Saudi's , why are you not invading Saudi?

WMD's you say, North Korea has admitted to having them, why are we not bombimg them? becuase we know they can fight back and like the bullies we are in the west we only fight people we know cannot beat us.

I beg wake up and shine your eye or at least give one justification for the invading Iraq and not just say it is good!
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2005
Vieria Thank you for your good sence of gudgement.

Ok Makgod, let's say i struck you and I ran away and you never got me, will you because of that kill all innocent people in your community?

Why is he turning back to UN he refused to listen to for help?
He said and I quote "We have tried in Iraq but we can not do it alone to rebuild Iraq we need UN at this juncture. This war is a defeat of terror" So why terror in London now? Sebi they have defeated terror?
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 2:07am On Jul 15, 2005
George Bush and the war in Iraq, that is a topic that I can write a book on and I believe so can another billion smiley

We all know the main motives of the war in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Afghanistan, oil was found in the Caspian Sea just before the WTC bombing. Iraq, the American army first secured all oil installations before proceeding on any war. Now nearly 2 years, Saddam has been caught, has the War ended? Infact it has just begun. Americans will run out of Iraq same way they did from vietnam. Saddam threatened America and the world, according to Bush, yeah write!! What of North Korea, that is telling American point blank, "you try us we bomb you?" Everyday you will see Condolezza "Jellof" Rice going to Asia to call North Korea for talks. Bush doesnt have balls...smiley

Infact now to be honest with you, looking at the London bombings, I think George Bush and Tony Blair and all their hypocritical followers have opened Pandora's Box by declaring a War on Terror. Basically they are fighting ghosts. They should have left the sleeping lion to sleep smiley You see them making massive rallies and noise when they get killed (though not saying its good), but what about the innocent women and children, the Americans and British and all have killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, are they not human beings? What about the innocent women and children dying in Darfur are they not human beings? Let's see what will come out of this, but I know its wont be good.

As far as I'm concerned at the end of the day, George Bush, is a dictator and world bully. A lot of things are happening and no one wants to open his mouth and say, common, what the hell is going on? But if it was Nigeria, or any other 3rd World country carrying out these atrocities, invasion would have been with the click of a finger. I hope he follows history and sees that no world power whether good or evil lasted for ever. If only the people with the wealth, like Africe, Asia,etc. were united, where woud America be. Now they have to say, Nigeria will split up. If I know Americans well, they want to start scratching wounds that will try and errupt into the division of out great Nigeria. This time, they will FAIL!!!

Like I said, I can write a book, but not now. Im open to share my views with anyone anytime smiley And before I end this part, I would like you, makgod to find out who financed the empowerment of this same Osama Bin Laden and the Talebans in the 70s and 80s with power to fight the Soviets out of Afghanistan and who supplied Saddam Hussein with the weapons that he used during the Iraq - Iran war to fight the Shiite moslems uprising? Once you have figured that out, come back and tell us here that you like Bush and Americans philosophy on life... smiley
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2005
British intelligence had obtained documents showing that between 1999 and 2001, Iraq had attempted to buy "significant quantities of uranium" from an unnamed African country "despite having no active civil nuclear power programme that could require it." This evidence was important in getting Congress to back the war resolution for the war.

Iraq was potentially dangerous, and please hear me well, the war didn't turn out good thats it.

you said we should blame bush and tony for the london bombings.. ok then who do we blame for the sept 11.
can you prove to me that more and even worst was not coming..?

think of it man..... immagin your self in US the day that thing happened, would you have grinned with anger and a total unconvincable heart of revenge...? yea i think you would.

so why the change now..... things didn't turn as hoped right..? and someone has to take responsibility...
so u choose bush. wink
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:28am On Jul 15, 2005
Abu Nidal, who was responsible for the failed assassination of the Israeli ambassador to London in 1982, was based in Baghdad for more than two decades.

Details of Atta's visit to the Iraqi capital in the summer of 2001, just weeks before he launched the most devastating terrorist attack in US history, are contained in a top secret memo written to Saddam Hussein, , by Tahir Jalil Habbush al-Tikriti, the former head of the Iraqi Intelligence Service.

saddam has always been invlove in several terrorist attacks, and he had a close link with osama. so don't tell me he had nothing to do with it.

check the history of saddam to with terrorists,infact that was where his money was going to.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Vieira(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2005
makgod, you are arguing a case that Bush himself has agreed is not true.

Both Bush and Blair have told the public thier so called "intelligence" was wrong but you still seem to think it is right

Reports in the UK were doctored to make the case for war and it has all come out, have you not heard all this?

Iraq was a threat you say, no he was NOT, he had nothing! Korea is a threat and they say it loudly so why not go there? becuase he is not easy meat!

Stop making tenious claims for a link to terrorism in Iraq, some terrorists come from London and are funded by british citizens why not invade the UK?

Saudi money is one of the highest sources of funding for terrorism and it's citizens are DIRECTLY responsible for 9/11 why have they not invaded Saudi?

If you want to reply address this issues first and not just ignore them as you have done, others have pointed these out to you but you have just ignored them.

I tire jare, make I go sleep.

1 Like

Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2005
makgod Vieira has answered what I would have answered you on most. But let me ask you a question, a very important one? Firstly from what American intelligence say 9/11 was carried out by Al-qaeda and co. Now you think of this, 4 planes going from one point to another in the so called advanced America leave their routes, 2 enter the WTC, 1 goes to the Pentagon and the other drops somewhere in Philadelphia. Are you telling us that Al-Qaeda also mans American Air control towers not to have noticed that each plane left its route and diverted to targets or did the Al-Qaeda make each plane invisible on radar?
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2005
Medube, weldone.
America trained Osama and saddam. Osama was used agaist the Soviet Union while Saddam was used for the war agaist Iran.

Osama now turned a robbort to fight the maker whose fault? Makgod answer me now!

saddam said he's a leader and a boy and wants to have his independent not to be used anymore agaist his brothers the heat turned agaist him. Makgod is this right?

We have Osama and Al Queda faithfuls in Nigeria you better don't allow them get you else you are in for castration. grin
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2005
makgod:

like bush said, you don't play diplomacy with terrorist.

makgod, what then is Jellof Rice and BUsh doing everyday with North Korea smiley

You tell me why are all the terrorists hating and hitting America? Is it only America in this world? Why do they have so many enemies? WHy not hit France that has the highest number of Arabs and Muslims in Europe? Why not Germany, Belgium, Holland, etc...? Because they dont find trouble, they do their daily business and allow others to do theirs. Americans and British exploit the riches and resources of other countried by using force and hence make a lot of enemies. Like I was telling someone the other day, can you point out one country in the world today which was colonised by Britain that doesnt have problems.

makgod wake up. Is America not the same people that told Nigeria to take Charles Taylor and keep in Naija as a political Refugee? Now the same America starts to threaten Nigeria to hand him over for atrocities. You see how your so called Bush and Americans operate. so pls wake up.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2005
france have the greatest no of arabs in Europe...?,well the war is not about arabs.. its about terrorism.

The provision, section 585 of the Foreign Operations Appropriations Act, which was signed into law by President Bush in January 2004 and reauthorized about a year later, makes it clear that the Unites States stands for the rule of law in Africa.

Charles Taylor was to be sluttered with any efficient trial, and it was necessary for him to go to a safe place b4 his trial. but then,its like OBJ misunderstood the whole reason why he was adviced by UN not America to welcome him.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2005
now u talk about nort Korea and their WMD, and from what i get from u...thats the place US should attack,

thats war u are calling for oh... and rem innocent whom u have been feeling for are also gonna die.

i bet u USA wont wait a second immediately there is any proof whatsoever that North Korea is a threat to their national security.

u paint the pic ture like Iraq was some helpless baby being attacked by a mighty giant, No they were not. Saddam was the most dangerous Dictator in his days, and please dont call Bush a dictator, most of his decisions were backed up by congress.

medube they wont hit other countries cuz there is nothing to hit. terrorist hate the freedom America has, no that

i wish u guys could convince me...like great peter said maybe i should shut my mouth b4 i get castrated.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2005
makgod infact I do not have anything to say on this topic because like I said theres a lot to talk and my hand go tire to type.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2005
medube me too....i guesse we might never come to a conclusion.
so what more.......bush is bad 2 u and cool 2 me
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2005
Makgod why was it that his decision to war agaist Iraq was not backed by UN if he's not a dictator.

The UN law/agreement is that UN must saction such war. The war is beyond US alone taking decision, it therefore beyond the backing of his congressmen.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2005
Thank you Greatpeter for such an interesting question. And also considering the United Nation which is the highest ruling body in the world and not the United States, under which jurisdiction did he invade Iraq. That means if tomorrow, Nigeria doesnt approve of something in Argentina, Obasanjo has the full rights to invade without backing from the UN as long as he has from our House of Reps or Senate.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2005
well... the UN u are talking about is more of less controled by USA. out of their three billion budget, USA has the highest contribution.They pays 22% of its total budget, and 27% of its peace keeping cost. out of almost every country in the world u could immagin.

personally i was angry with Kofi Annan for allowing his personal motive or ideology to influence his judgement.
after all its the same USA that put him there.....

nevertheless....USA still respects UN.. dont think it wrongly
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2005
makgod:

well... the UN you are talking about is more of less controled by USA.

makgod by the statement you just made, you have only proven what greatpeter, Vieira and myself amongst other have been saying all along smiley
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2005
Makgod did not follow history, the enmity of US with Iraq is a long ago.
Not 9/11, not terrorism as speculated.
Na oil Us follow go Iraq.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by sage(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2005
Bush should invade north korea anytime that he wants to tackle WMD 4 real but he cant cos he is simply a bully. I dont understand how some people cannot see that
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2005
haha....u can count on dat....., but too good North Korea has proven to be responsible.. onlike countries like
iraq who were like babies wanting to play with a sharp knife.

someone had to stop them before they get there. wink
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by stevo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2005
can you my brother recall that the pro iraqi war was warned by un secetary general that US should hold their peace but we all know what they want and have gotte..... is irack not interim before now.As supper power they want to remain so till die-kin-die-come
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by medube(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2005
makgod:

...., but too good North Korea has proven to be responsible

makgod can u explain how North Korea has proven to be responsible. Is it by playing around with the talks everytime they fell like? Is by the president telling everyone to gear up ready for WAR? Is by him threatening to blow any of America's battleships if they cross into his territorial waters?

Its either you dont know your facts or you are just sitting down and liking Mr. Bush's international foreign policies because he has not invaded or threatened or done anything to any country that you are linked to in someway or the other. When that time comes, lets see what you will say or do... cool
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 4:15am On Jul 17, 2005
i see ur point.. are u linked with Iraq..? i hope we dont have terrorists in this forum wink
i quote u
"because he has not invaded or threatened or done anything to any country that you are linked to in someway or the other."

i will also say u are talking cuz terrorist have not seriously striked a country u are linked,
when that time ever comes... u will surely looked 4 someone to blame.

if that war took one week, all terrorists killed, saddam out of power, iraqy's new gov't florishing,
with a full democratic environment......, i am sure u wouldn't have been talking like this.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by Greatpeter(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2005
Balderdash! What is bad is bad.

Have you been able to eradicate terrorists in Iraq now?

Who told you there terrorists in Iraq?

Bush-Blair are just chasing shadow.
Re: George Bush and His War on Iraq by makgod(m): 5:27am On Jul 18, 2005
shadow...? damn man.. u seem to be very much updated only about the negative aspects of the war.
what about the positive aspects.

what about the thousands of terrorist already captured, who are confessing every day.
some are even saying they are killing innocent just for money.....

i think u should switch to other news agents cuz ur CNN ...is always bayas against bush.

over 1600 us troops have lost their lives.. i feel really sick if u tell me they the lost it for nothing,
by saying there are no terrorist in iraq.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Is Losing Heavily From Conflict With Russia / USA Election – How A Candidate May Lose The Popular Votes But Win The Election / Gambia; General Badjie And Yahya Jammeh Fight After A Heated Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.