Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

World Heart Day [ Sep 30 ] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Heart Day [ Sep 30 ] (818 Views)

Auction/sales Of Laptop,blackberry,jeep,truck,vans Etc By 9th And 10th Sep. 201 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Heart Day [ Sep 30 ] by Orikinla(m): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2007
World Heart Day [ Sep 30 ]

It all started when we raced up the flight of stairs instead of taking the elevator. The genius who came up with this pearl of wisdom is, yes, you guessed it right, yours truly, me myself. Meggy took off first just like a deer on the highway and Steve like a patrol cop huffing and puffing behind her while I took three steps at a time to keep pace. Of course, Kong was nowhere near in sight as he was already there up in the third storey floor barking a welcome.

Meggy was the one who first felt it. She slowed down gradually and came to a complete halt after a few steps. Steve had to be helped by me to reach her. And then the three of us collapsed. We were panting, sighing, and heaving and then we spoke. “Doc” we screamed together.

Dr. Martin was at his usual ebullient-self cracking jokes at us nervous creatures. After a routine physical he approached us, “Hmmm….seems like someone is gorging on the MickeyD’s and KFC goodies a bit too much than necessary eh?! Listen up people, food is medicine and you gulp it to taste, but never let it waste your body….” I would’ve said he acts a wise-guy if only what he said wasn’t true. He was right. We nodded our understanding and moved out. Kong was anxiously waiting….Meggy had to say this, “I should’ve had four legs and a tail, this guy even tastes the Quizno’s and still made it first to the top.” Sigh.

All said and done, this is the Moment of Zen from Meggy, “Heart doesn’t just nourish from love and affection, but by an hour of cardio, some treadmill stamping, and a healthy diet.” Beat that!

From Bob, The Editor of 123 Greetings

(1) (Reply)

Health Cover: / Health Tips / Women Know Little About Menstruation. The Shocking Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.