Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student (3692 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Is There Any Good Computer Institute In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by Petersideman(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
hi brodas nd sistas in the house, am a fresher in a higherr institution studying comp. Science, and a studyn like 11 courses, nd i wantt to be the best, pls advice me on how to be one brodas, nd i want to be a programmer also, wud we be tot in skul also. Nd ur candid advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by delomos(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2012
To be a good programmer, you have to practice, practice, and practice programming -- I wouldn't advice that you completely rely on learn to program in school, you have to do a lot of work yourself.

That's the pragmatic part.

To do well in school, well, you know the answer to that. But to do well in the real world, I repeat, practice programming. You might find this article interesting: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/02/why-cant-programmers-program.html
Re: Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by muscoboy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Am already in a private university studying computer science,but it isn't my actual field I want civil enginering..now am heading 200level but asked to drop out for a computer institute called aptech...pls avise me
Re: Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by olusogo2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
You don't need to drop out of school at all. I once had the thought when I got to 2oolevel. I am a computer science student who fell in love for programming, the problem i had was that I was not taught the real deal in school.
I did not let the dream die, I paid people to teach me the languages I want, and I did a lot of self tutoring in programming. These made me the best in my faculty, and presently I do not have a competitor in my department and I am well known for programming round the campus.
Do not drop out, go to Aptech and combine the knowledge to your greatness.
Re: Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by GreenBobo: 2:02am On Oct 29, 2012
Hey... if you want seminar or projrct topics or materials on any topic in computer science pls inbox me festusgreen@gmal.com or
you can call me on 07062154305
Re: Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student by harryobas: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Dude to be a good computer science student is not only about programming.You are also required to have good knowledge in other areas such as data structures, algorithms, networking, compilers, OS paging/scheduling, machine learning etc.

(1) (Reply)

Java Internship Full Time / Jamb Past Questions API In JSON / I Need Help With A Php Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.