Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together (6889 Views)

Ndi Yoruba come Let's Know Who Don't Reply Northerners. If Attacked / Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Let's Celebrate Lieutenant M Umar. Killed By Boko Haram (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by oisrael(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2007
Yeah! HAPPY 47th INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!!!!
I pray the Almighty gives Our Servant Leader- President Yardua THE WISDOM AND STRENGTH TO MAKE A BIG POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY HE GOES ABOUT SERVING AND LEADING.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by sfdaram(f): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA.
NIGERIA - WAX STRONGER AND DO ALL NIGERIAN GOOD, ELIMINATE NATURALLY EVERYONE THAT IS WORKING AGAINST YOUR PROGRESS.
NIGERIA- EXPERIENCE EVERLASTING PEACE
MANY HAPPY RETURNS
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mendax: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2007
ive been wondering why i shuld botha celebratin nigerias independence. remember d saying " a fool at 40 is a fool for life".
so my point is dat since yr 2000, i gave up hope on naija!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mendax: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2007
ive been wondering why i shuld botha celebratin nigerias independence. remember d saying " a fool at 40 is a fool for life".
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by niceuzor: 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
Proudly Nigeria GREEN WHITE GREEN 4 EVER. HAPPY INDENPENCE DAY!!! NAIJA.

i'm proud of my country her age is really going up 47 this year !!! wow shocked

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy independence day to all Nigerian, we might not be there yet but we would get there. kiss
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by benit(f): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Birthday Nigeria!
I got a free copy of rhapsody of realities on my way out this morning as independence gift. They said its their way of saying they still believe in Nigeria and that they are distributing it nationwide. I asked myself what I have done for Nigeria, well not too late I will start doing my little part and I am sure if we all do our parts, our country will fly high again because it is not just enough to condemn.
Long Live Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by donenick(m): 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Independence day to all NairaLand user

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mendax: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2007
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by enattoe(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2007
we nigerians should be on our knees today and asking god to forgive us for the sins we have committed for the last 47 years
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2007
what does sin have to do with an independence day, jeeez some people are so funny.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by babasin(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2007
happy birthday in darkness.

since two days ago, no light, no water

lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Yusufadeto(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Independent day!!!, though we don't have much to celebrity but we still have to thang God, for the peace that we have in our dear country, i think that worth celebration
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by rume(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are moving forward and will move faster if we change our mind set. Patience, hope and determination is what we need.
It isn't easy to see hope but if we look inside ourselves, we'll see a hero, someone tougher than what we've been expressing and know that with the help of God, we'll make it. Once again REJOICE NIGERIA and see what others lack that you have.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by babasin(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2007
for the peace that we have in our dear country, i think that worth celebration

peace where 'banks are robbed daily and both customers + staff shot to death?

peace where N628 that could build 500 primary schools is used to beautiful 'madam speaker's house'?

Now i understand Nigerians meaning of peace: absence of full outbreak of war!!!!!

cool shocked cool
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Slycks(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2007
SHE IS 47.

HAPPY B-DAY
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ozigbo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2007
God bless naija.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by flowerrose(f): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
yes yes yes is a good thing to experience another year of independent in nigeria but i'm not happy. please ya'adua put smil on our face once again, make us feel like citizens.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by donenick(m): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2007
babasin:

peace where 'banks are robbed daily and both customers + staff shot to death?

peace where N628 that could build 500 primary schools is used to beautiful 'madam speaker's house'?
Bross thats true oohh grin

Now i understand Nigerians meaning of peace: absence of full outbreak of war!!!!!

But i thing "we the peaceful ones" celebration. Lets celebrate and thanx our Baba God for protecting us from hands of the wicked

cool shocked cool
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by donenick(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2007
flowerrose:

yes yes yes is a good thing to experience another year of independent in nigeria but i'm not happy. please ya'adua put smil on our face once again, make us feel like citizens.

you'r correct there is every need for us to smile
Happy birthday to you Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by moreshow(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2007
Indeed a wonderfOOL thing to hear that Nigeria is 47 today,
A fool at 40 they say is fool 4ever, we are 47 and still can't limit if
not eradicating corruption the in th society more so amongst the elite,
we are 47 and still can't celebrate even One Month of no NEPA failure,
we are 47 and still can't find the killer of the former chief Judge of the Fedration,
we are 47 and average Nigerian can't assure himself of three square meal,
we are 47 and virtually 59% of our graduates are roaming about the street cos of no job,
we are 47 and P-t Et--h still roaming the street with our 628Million.

Happy Birthday Nigerians though and may God bless Nigeria and we the Nigerians, Amin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by edmondo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2007
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

EKO ONIBAJE OOO!! grin

EKO
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mrpataki(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2007
What exactly are we celebrating here? embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by princeonx: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2007
I beg help me ask them!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by teena(f): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2007
Its high time we stopped complaining and meditate.

My priest in the church this morning said: "If there are 10million good citizens of Nigeria, 2 or 3 bad leaders can not put the nation in such a bad state".  I think, he made a point there.  We all should start making effort on our own as indivisuals, communities, etc to make a change in Nigeria.

Many of us are condeming Madam Speaker now; but how many of us will not mess up as she did if we have that opportunity.  If you can not be trusted for small things; invariably, you can not handle bigger things.  A friend of mine told me how he found a book in the library while he was in school, he kept it with him because it was invaluable.  The book was very useful to him during his project writing, he never returned that book back to the library even after his graduation.  When I insisted that what he did was wrong, he told me that even if he didnt take that book, another student would do so.  This is one out of one million ways many of us are painting our dear country black.

You and I can bring a positive change to this country.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mrpataki(m): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
teena:

Its high time we stopped complaining and meditate.

My priest in the church this morning said: "If there are 10million good citizens of Nigeria, 2 or 3 bad leaders can not put the nation in such a bad state". I think, he made a point there. We all should start making effort on our own as indivisuals, communities, etc to make a change in Nigeria.

Many of us are condeming Madam Speaker now; but how many of us will not mess up as she did if we have that opportunity. If you can not be trusted for small things; invariably, you can not handle bigger things. A friend of mine told me how he found a book in the library while he was in school, he kept it with him because it was invaluable. The book was very useful to him during his project writing, he never returned that book back to the library even after his graduation. When I insisted that what he did was wrong, he told me that even if he didnt take that book, another student would do so. This is one out of one million ways many of us are painting our dear country black.

You and I can bring a positive change to this country.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL!

I hear you madam speaker!

But what exactly are we celebrating here? Independence from what?

Dont tell me it is about the British Colonial era . . . . . . . . . . . And yet millions of Nigerians are dying for the British Visa everyday. Yet we say we are independent

Dont tell me we are 47 years old and yet we have nothing tangible to show for it.

Until there is a total overhaul of the thieves and rogues we have in the leadership system of Nigeria, then and only then can I say Happy Independence Day Nigeria! cry cry
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by moreshow(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2007
we are 47 and still can't find the killer of the former chief Judge of the Fedration,
we are 47 and virtually 59% of our graduates are roaming about the street because of no job,

Happy Birthday Nigerians though and may God bless Nigeria and we the Nigerians, Amin

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by almondjoy(f): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2007
mrpataki:

I hear you madam speaker!

But what exactly are we celebrating here? Independence from what?

Dont tell me it is about the British Colonial era . . . . . . . . . . . And yet millions of Nigerians are dying for the British Visa everyday. Yet we say we are independent

Dont tell me we are 47 years old and yet we have nothing tangible to show for it.

Until there is a total overhaul of the thieves and rogues we have in the leadership system of Nigeria, then and only then can I say Happy Independence Day Nigeria! cry cry

I love that!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by almondjoy(f): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2007
moreshow:

we are 47 and virtually 59% of our graduates are roaming about the street because of no job,

I love that!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Femtex(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2007
Naija @ 47, Happy B'day to naija and Nigerians.
I hope next year will be better than this. Basic infrastructure will improve, unemployment will reduce, Corruption in our great country will be a thing of the past or at least reduce by 50%,
I hope uncle Musa Yaradua will have a lot of good deeds to show for his days in Aso rock by this time next year. Amen

Long live Niger and Nigerians everywhere in the world.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Alexos(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2007
Hmmm,

why should we be celebrating Independence when we are still dependent.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by 2dye4(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2007
atimes like this,we should look @ where we are comin from as a nation and where we are now, yeah, everything ain't rite, true but then let's be thankful everything ain't wrong. happy independence day celebration. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is KORO The Real Messiah For Lagos State?? / Appeal To My Igbo Brothers / Pictures Don't Lie, Tell Me What You Think Of Buhari After Seeing This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.