Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together (6962 Views)

Ndi Yoruba come Let's Know Who Don't Reply Northerners. If Attacked / Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Let's Celebrate Lieutenant M Umar. Killed By Boko Haram (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by 9ja4eva: 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Independence Nigeria

May we grow
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by kingrd(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy 47th birthday dear Nigeria, the best and most endowed country in the world. If you disagree ask the foreign investors around. Even with hostage taking, they are still flocking to Niger delta.

Nigeria will survive her traducers in Jesus Name
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by denex: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2007
I don't think there's anything worth celebrating. In fact, I don't think independence day is a day for celebration.

What we need to do is look deeply into our history and see the precedence for the way things are today. Then we can plan on the way we can get to where we are meant to be.

I'm currently reading part of a book by Frederick Lugard, it tells much about how we've landed here and the mistakes the colonialists made.

It's great to to be free!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by CrazyMan(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy birthday Nigeria. undecided
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by xanadu: 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Birthday!

Beaten and bloodied,
Yet you stand;
At forty-seven
A Nation depleted,
A promise yet unfulfilled

Bruised and battered
Still you stagger on;
Your every fall,
A vital push to move on
Now crawling, then again creeping
Down, but never out.

You will arise, O great Nation
Like the proud Phoenix
You will rise
From the ashes of corruption,
Mismanagement and confusion;
From ethnic intolerance
And myopic governance;

You will arise to take your place
When we, your people,
Understand the reason
For your strength:

That we are one Nation
One people, strengthened
By our diversity
A little tweak here, another there
A loose centre, solidifying the whole

Then, in all your glory
You will reign
Fulfilling your destiny
Then we, your people, will take our place
With now open Nationality
In the international Community

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA !
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by almondjoy(f): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex:

I don't think there's anything worth celebrating. In fact, I don't think independence day is a day for celebration.

What we need to do is look deeply into our history and see the precedence for the way things are today. Then we can plan on the way we can get to where we are meant to be.

I'm currently reading part of a book by Frederick Lugard, it tells much about how we've landed here and the mistakes the colonialists made.

It's great to to be free!

We are not free. We took ourselves hostages, 47years ago to today. We are not free since we are worse off than colonial times. We treated eachother better then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by denex: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2007
Are you sure we're worse of today? Go and check the statistics. INCOME, PER CAPITA, GDP, INFRASTRUCTURE and even SOCIAL ADVANCEMENT.

Go and check it. Stop making crazy assumptions we were massively disadvantaged.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by sweetberry(f): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Sweetaura1(f): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy independence to all Nairalanders and every Nigerian. I know it hasn't been rossy these 47 years. We've to continuously pray for God to touch the hearts of the 'elected' executives to fight corruption positively.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by denex: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2007
47 years of Nigerian freedom from brutish imperialism. Half century of plundering and after their Second European Tribal War, our enemies succumbed. THANK GOD!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mrpataki(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2007
denex:

47 years of Nigerian freedom from brutish imperialism. Half century of plundering and after their Second European Tribal War, our enemies succumbed. THANK GOD!

shocked shocked shocked
Are you for real, or this statement of yours is a pratical joke?
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by crazyT(m): 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2007
Happy 47 years birthday Nigeria up to 48!!!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by izahbnu(m): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2007
a 47 year old baby should be ashamed celebrating her birthday while her inhabitants are suffering and smiling! cry grin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Darola(m): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2007
Am late but Happy Independence,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by PurestBoy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2007
Independence Ko, Independence ni, abeg u people should stop bothering yourself with this Nigeria of a thing. 47 years of no money for pocket.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by almondjoy(f): 2:57am On Oct 02, 2007
PurestBoy:

Independence Ko, Independence ni, abeg u people should stop bothering yourself with[b] this Nigeria of a thing[/b]. 47 years of no money for pocket.

I love that! Keep real people!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by maree7(f): 3:48am On Oct 02, 2007
happy independence day my beloved country nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Ndipe(m): 4:21am On Oct 02, 2007
Happy Birthday to my dearly beloved country, Nigeria.

Hip Hip Hip!

Horray!!! wink

Much love, Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 02, 2007
yeah happy birthday to the retarded giant. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by 9ja4eva: 6:36am On Oct 02, 2007
What retarded?

9ja would pick up no doubt
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by omoge25(f): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2007
yay naija!!!
God help us all!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by hollirigth(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2007
I think naija could have been better off under the british rule today, yes there is apartheid in S/Africa but we are still buying telecoms and other technologies from them, even our great talents are escaping down there everyday for a better living. We were released from the british and got colonized by our own people like ibb, obj, and their precious daughter, Madam speaker. Our forefathers meant so well for the country, but their successors are bunch of whatever you can call it. To cut it short, I don't see anything worth celebrating here, most citizens cannot even enjoy the very BASIC needs of life such as food, health, job, transportation, education, clean environment and of course, SECURITY to mention but few. If we can guarantee these for common man then I can join you all for celebration, otherwise I will just continue to sitdown dey looooook o. I BELIEVE THE COUNTRY DESERVES MORE THAN WHAT WE SEE TODAY AT 47 WITH ALL THE NATURAL ENDOWMENTS,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by bimbliss(f): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2007
it is well with Nigeria at 47
happy independence
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mrpataki(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2007
The truth speaks out boldly about this nation.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by almondjoy(f): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2007
mrpataki:

The[b] truth [/b] speaks out[b] boldly [/b] about this nation.

A nation full of "hopeful" compatriots. Never see truth even if it crawls out of their rear ends. undecided
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by zimba315(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2007
let jolificate and tank god we are a year older some are celebratin theres on war and disaster but ours is not like that let just pray to god to change this people abd give us someone to rule us well
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Bblak(f): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2007
Happy Independence in arrears Nigerians!there's nothing as good as being free
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by swiftycool(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2007
This is how it was done for Naija in Jand
Recorded at stanford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQE6jFAdJA
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by desertboom(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2007
If there was no water there wouldn't have been sea or river,
If there was no tree there wouldn't have been forest,
If there was no independence there wouldn't have been no need for celebration,
Oh yes Nigeria is 47 there is need for celebration,
Happy birthday Nigeria,
Long life Nigeria and Niherians.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by omodada1: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2007
does it realy worth celebration? what have we to show for it? see the nigerian flag designer being neglected. i think this man worth being taken to national recreation center to be celebrated, i recomend wonder land in abuja. lets celebrate the GREAT LEGENDS!
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Mamajama(m): 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2007
I was told Nigerians were trying to celebrate the independence day, but they were unable to see because NEPA took light. grin grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by 9ja4eva: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2007
lmao

U mean PHCN held the light

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Lawyers To Party: You Can’t Stop Buhari In Court / Meet The 'world's Ugliest Woman' Who Is A Motivational Speaker. (photos) / 2023 Presidency: PDP Nursing False Hope – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.