Stats: 3,154,620 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (7425 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by lwise(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
Current rating

Rochas Okorocha, 8/10

Fashola Raji/Tinubu, 4/10

Other thieves less than 3/10.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by jaybee3(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
tkb417:

Chief

been hustling up and down. whats good bro?
I dey oh
Na only your brake light we dey see

Lasinoh:

Mu he he he he he he. . . .winding back to 2007. . . . .!!!
Nairaland the wonderland!
Shyte smell dey hide?
Does 'it' have a 'twinny' around here? grin

Nigerians are soooooooooo daft. It ain't funny! cheesy

wink wink wink wink wink

You didn't answer my questions on the other thread cheesy cheesy cheesy Are you the same person as blazay
Where is Fstranger cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hiss
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by mikeapollo: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
Please, stop blaming Tinubu for all of Fashola's failures, bad policies, high handedness and lack of compassion for the poor masses.

Tinubu was Governor for 8 years, tell me when medical doctors went on strike for over 100 days!

Tell me when school teachers went on strike as long as thiey did under Fashola within his first term.

Tinubu created LASTMA, KAI and other agencies, but these agencies were not as useless and as nusiance as under Fashola.

Tinubu started the road re-construction in Lagos. Tell me how many poor masses' house were demolished without any compensation for more than 2 years.

Tinubu built low cost housing estates(atleast I know of the Milleninuim Estate in Akowonjo0/Shasha axis) among others. Tell me a single low cost housing estate built by Fashola for the poor in the society.(Fashola has consistently said his govt wld provide houses for only the MIDDLE AND UPPER CLASSES, indirectly telling us that he does not have any house for LOWER CLASS).

Tinubu built markets affordable for the ordinary people. Tell me a single market built by Fashola that is affordable to the poor.

Tinubu introduced a free waste collection programe using the PSP. Today, Fashola govt has turned it to a money extortion venture, imposing arbitrary bills on people, even in places where the services of the PSP are not needed.

Tinubu established BRT/LAGBUS Bus service system and the rates were relatively affordable. Compare that to Fashola has increased the fares on multiple occassions without any justification.

Tell me single market of poor traders that was demolished and terrorised under Tinubu the way Fashola has frustrated marketers in Yaba and other places.
Infact, the traders in Mille 2 had to go on striker because of the extortion by Lagos State under Fashola.

Tinubu did not close down Computer Village, Ikeja, for one day. But Fashola had closed the place down for all sorts of useless execuses, using tax a cover-up

Tinubu may have his faults, but he should not be blamed blindly for every evil that Fashola is making Lagosians to go through.

Fashola to me is clueless and a deceitful person who has no compassion for the poor . He is busy extorting money from people by all means.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Gbawe: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
lwise:

Current rating

Rochas Okorocha,   8/10

Fashola Raji/Tinubu,  4/10

Other thieves  less than 3/10.

For some of you, must it be about pulling one person down to praise another? Anyway award marks away on the net. Surerly, that is not where most Nigerians live. They live on the ground. As far as those telling lies here that fashola is doing nothing in his second term, I can only say that more States need to "do nothing" in the way Fashola is "doing nothing".

Below are my own pictures taken a few weeks ago of extensive drainage and combined water works project being done by Julius Berger in the Bode Thomas, Eric-Moore, Iponri axis. Similar work is going on throughout Lagos. Note how the new Channels are far better, more capacious and more efficient that those they replaced. Fashola will actually consolidate on his first term and some of us will be here, with evidence, to shame the lies and bad belle driven by nothing but undiluted hatred.

New channels

new channels

New channels

new channels under construction.

old channels.

old channels

The contractor, Julius Berger .
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by mikeapollo: 7:54pm On Dec 16, 2011
Gbawe:

For some of you, must it be about pulling one person down to praise another? Anyway award marks away on the net. Surerly, that is not where most Nigerians live. They live on the ground. As far as those telling lies here that fashola is doing nothing in his second term, I can only say that more States need to "do nothing" in the way Fashola is "doing nothing".

Below are my own pictures taken a few weeks ago of extensive drainage channel work being done by Julius Berger in the Bode Thomas, Eric-Moore, Iponri axis. Similar work is going on throughout Lagos. Note how the new Channels are far better, more capacious and more efficient that those they replaced. Fashola will actually consolidate on his first term and some of us will be here, with evidence, to shame the lies and bad belle driven by nothing but undiluted hatred.

New channels

new channels

New channels

old channels.

old channels

The contractors, Julius Berger .

My friend, road construction is meaningless if a govt decides to increase tuition fees in a state university by over 700%, beyond the reach of the common man.
It is criminal and devilish to increase tution fee from 25,000 to as much as 250,000-350,000 in a state/country where govt is still not willing to pay N18,000 minimum wage. Of what use would the roads be?. Does Fashola expect road users in Lagos to be illiterate and ignorant youth of the state who had been deprived of education?
Education must be paramount in the mind of any serious government, not just doing roads, at inflated costs and destroying other peoples lives and future. Roads are not more important than education.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Gbawe: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
mikeapollo:

My friend, road construction is meaningless if a govt decides to increase tuition fees in a state university by over 700%, beyond the reach of the common man.
It is criminal and devilish to increase tution fee from 25,000 to as much as 250,000-350,000 in a state/country where govt is still not willing to pay N18,000 minimum wage. Of what use would the roads be?. Does Fashola expect road users in Lagos to be illiterate and ignorant youth of the state who had been deprived of education?
Education must be paramount in the mind of any serious government, not just doing roads, at inflated costs and destroying other peoples lives and future. Roads are not more important than education.

Who is responding to you? I am talking to those who are fond of saying the man is doing nothing in his second term. I therefore supplied some real pictures of "flower planting" in progress. In any case, he can't win with some of you. if not education, it will be something else along the lines "he is neglecting the mainland", etc, etc.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by djustice: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
This is quite nice. I wonder though, why this is not being tolled, since the drainage is FAR FAR better than that provided by Hitech and LCC in the Lekki Prison Yard, yet, they're tolling that one!!

What is good for the goose, is good for the gander!!

Gbawe:

Below are my own pictures taken a few weeks ago of extensive drainage and combined and water works project being done by Julius Berger in the Bode Thomas, Eric-Moore, Iponri, Eric Moore axis. Similar work is going on throughout Lagos. Note how the new Channels are far better, more capacious and more efficient that those they replaced. Fashola will actually consolidate on his first term and some of us will be here, with evidence, to shame the lies and bad belle driven by nothing but undiluted hatred.

New channels

new channels

New channels

old channels.

old channels

The contractor, Julius Berger .
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Gbawe: 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2011

The mindless littering that causes drainage chaos.

The project dealing with the mess above.

Upgrading/expansion of the Bode Thomas road all the way to Eric Moore junction.

The roundabout project for the previously chaotic junction of Bode Thomas and Adeniran Ogunsanya

The completed Adeniran ogunsanya road previously a pothole riddled mess.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Rad1cal: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2011
Fashola rating for this second term is[size=20pt] 35 %[/size] . come to Yaba area and see the gullies our roads are turning into  angry  . and a host of other areas.

non performing chairmen returned at all cost . and we expect magic to happen  angry  .

There is no point obscuring glaring fact . nothing is happening or whatever is happening is not visible to the eye of most of the inhabitants.

abeg me sef dey reside for the same Lagos   cool .

Security . No even talk am .

hapless traders thrown out of the Tejuosho market without mercy cry .
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by philip0906(m): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^
My broda come to ikotun,ejigbo,iyana-isolo e.t.c the roads there are in terrible condition and look like abandoned poultries.Fashola is only working on the pages of newspaper
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by uzoexcel(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
Please, d guy has tried abeg and dont also 4get that lag s populated and choked up, Have u ever imagined if any other guv'nor (e.g nassarawa state or abia state guv'nor) been in charge of lagos,how would he govern, personally i think d reason y most of us young guyz r chillin/working/hustlin in lag is dur 2 d failure of our guvnorz in our indigenous state. 4 God's sake,if there were jobs or even industries in my state what in the hell will i b doing in lag, but d fact s most of us have no choice, d guy s d only sufferin dz issue,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Ejine(m): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2011

I swear, people can be so stupidd sometimes. What ever on earth could inform dumping your solid waste IN A FREAKING DRAINAGE CHANNEL!?
But at the same time, when market flooding sets in, na government ooo! Citizens have become so disenfranchised by previous leaders that they themselves don't even know their own little civic duties anymore. SMH.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Obiagu1(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2011
Goons vs the Crooks!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Damilorlah(m): 1:55am On Dec 17, 2011
To me, his only visible work is d transfromation of oshodi market. D man is just like his contemporaries in other state. Personally, since he hiked d sch fees of lasu student, i have begin to dislike him . He should be probe.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by mentorken05(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2011
He z doin gr8
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Fattyaid: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2011
They are almost all the same. They all eventually go for their own interest.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by abey2(m): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
Why its normal for whoever is Lagos governor to be seen as larger than life,its funny that the opposition being in control of the 4th esstate of the realm(presss) hv perfected a way of using this to spine opinion in the favour of there govnors(tACN),while brandishing the other parties as devillish, I believe Gov Akpabio as done better than fashola,bt watever fasolla does is hyped out of proprtion, while I lk him as a cool headed gov.he owes the press the credit for creating an unassaillable image of him,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Gague: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
Kini big deal. No big deal.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by yim(f): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
in a town of blind people a one eyed man is their king. there is no big deal about him. he is robbing us in broad day light. He is yet to do quarter of jakande's work with more income.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by yim(f): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2011
in a town of blind people a one eyed man is their king. there is no big deal about him. he is robbing us in broad day light. He is yet to do quarter of jakande's work with more income.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Detongue: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2011
Fashola is mer propaganda, he is make believe. He has done nothing extra ordinary, instead he has put lagosians under permanant financial pressure for his godfather and his immidiate family. Lagosians knows better
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by DaDoctor: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2011
LAGOSIANS PAYING MUTIPLE TAX.

FASHOLA WORKING LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO HALF OF THE HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS.
TYNUBU POCKETING THE REST.

BABA TYNUBU, I HAIL OH!!! FIRST NATION AIRLINE, HITECH, LCC -BACKBONE.

OGA U TOO MUCH OHH!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by mustafar1: 9:12pm On May 05, 2012
Please explain what you mean by multiple tax?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 06, 2012
The guy tried but his so called "works" were OVER-HYPED cos most naija governors are not giving any dividends of democracy to their people.
Hence the "messiah" some people make of him.

The local govt chairmen are worse and with all their allocations there are little or nothing to show for it.

I was with a friend at simisola street by olufemi off ogunlan drive surulere yesterday before it rained for less than 40 minutes and by the time we came out of the house the whole street had been flooded "knee-deep" due to bad drainage.

Surulere local govt chairmen are only good at "doing nothing", living large and embezzlement.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 by kasiem(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2012
fashola's only achievement in this second term is buying a cake for tinubu's 80th birthday.

Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 / Failure To Pick Tinubu As The VP Candidate Will Tear APC Apart. / Keyamo: Buhari Won’t Make 2023 Election A Do-Or-Die Affair Like Obasanjo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73