Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out (41142 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Steps Out In Sports Outfit For Morning Walk Against Cancer(pics / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic) / Newly Married Lara Fortez Oshiomole Steps Out (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
chino11:

@ Criminal bandit, Am re-posting this: you must tell me where you bad a;s;s got it wrong. Tell us in a clear-cut statement why can't you people contribute anything economically meaningful to the SE. Does it mean that you guyz lost the exposure we Anambrans through the great Zik gave you backward guyz? Tell us, let put anger and quarrels away from this for once, come lets reason together as nwanne.  grin grin

OK check out this analysis: Inputs by states in SE:

Anambra: Huge human/natural capital, River Port, Huge Economic/Commercial, Orient Oil & Gas Refinery, Academicians

Imo: Huge Human Capital, Oil & Gas, Academicians, Agriculture

Abia: Huge Economic/Commercial, Oil & Gas, Agriculture

Ebonyi: Huge Natural Endowment, Huge Agricultural activities, Huge skilled, unskilled & Semi-skilled man- power

Enugu: [b]Coal, No Human Capital, No Economic activity. No Agriculture.[/b]

Umunna, I stand to be corrected if Enugu state is not a parasite and dragging the rest of the SE back.

lol ! Where is that in red coming from? Enugu is next to Ebonyi in agriculture and he number of natural resources in the SE. Those two can feed all alaigbo

What is meant by academician here? This guy is funny. Bandit C, I think Chino is just taunting you and you keep falling for him
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2011
chino11:

^ And who told you that enugu state is liveable more than Anambra is? All those people from Anambra that you see today in enugu are the people who were there before the creation of new Anambra state, and am sure that greater part of them have since relocated to Anambra, Awka precisely. Am a living witness to that.

With all the security challenges in PH people and investors have not stopped trooping to the state. So people tend to go where the economy is more vibrant and viable no matter the circumstance surrounding it. But you can keep living in dead illusion that people are coming to enugu whereas the place is as empty as a cocoon. grin

This means you are basically stark and irredeemable, I think faith-based organization should be our last recourse in your condition but you have proved to be stubborn to all medications. 

For me, Enugu is the most livable city in the SE. I am from Abia, so am not hamstrung by you guys' internecine petty squabbles and should be able to say my mind

Apart from my own villa, I will live first in Enugu, Owerri and Umuahia before anywhere else in the SE.

Chino can you point to any known anambra politician (Ekwueme, Dora, Ojukwu, Ngige, etc, etc etc) who lives(d) in Onitsha or Nnewi? Only hard traders  and die-hard business brothers do. Even Uba lives in Enugu. Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi are too rough and maddening for any soft person to live in.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by OneNaira6: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2011
Mscheww.  Ndi-Igbo wetin eeh? Enugu and Anambra are both progressive states.  What Enugu lacks, Anambra has and what Anambra lacks, Enugu has. Neither one is better than the other and its kind of silly una are fighting over this.  Are we not one? mscheww

@ OP
Isn't a mall or something similar to walmart? I'm getting more of a walmart vibe
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by KnowAll(m): 12:36am On Dec 19, 2011
If what someone said a few post back that this mall's rent is some N400,000 a quarter and a would be shop owners would need to make a sale of N1 million every 3 months, then it would be safe to say this mall would probably go down the road of 'Tinapa' except of course if this white elephant project is going to be used by the elite's wives to wash money.

By washing money I mean launder ill gotten funds through this conduit, obviously in such instances profit which is the bane of every business, would not be the funder-mental principle and cornerstone of the perpetrators here, rather getting back and out quickly a healthy % of the ill gotten wealth as sales made, thereby legitimizing the fraud would be paramount.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 12:51am On Dec 19, 2011
KnowAll:

If what someone said a few post back that this mall's rent is some N400,000 a quarter and a would be shop owners would need to make a sale of N1 million every 3 months, then it would be safe to say this mall would probably go down the road of 'Tinapa' except of course if this white elephant project is going to be used by the elite's wives to wash money.

By washing money I mean launder ill gotten funds through this conduit, obviously in such instances profit which is the bane of every business, would not be the funder-mental principle and cornerstone of the perpetrators here, rather getting back and out quickly a healthy % of the ill gotten wealth as sales made, thereby legitimizing the fraud would be paramount.

Any idea how much rent money the same type of mall (the one on Eko Ile's thread) goes for?
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ektbear: 2:07am On Dec 19, 2011
Reading through threads like this, I wonder if you all view yourselves as one people.

I can understand if it was just joking/screwing around. But I detect a truly venomous, hateful undertone (Heck, isn't even an undertone. It is out in the open.)

I can't imagine doing/saying the same things to anyone I supposedly call my brother, kinsman, coethnic, etc.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by aljharem3: 2:23am On Dec 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

Reading through threads like this, I wonder if you all view yourselves as one people.

I can understand if it was just joking/screwing around. But I detect a truly venomous, hateful undertone (Heck, isn't even an undertone. It is out in the open.)

I can't imagine doing/saying the same things to anyone I supposedly call my brother, kinsman, coethnic, etc.

dude trust me when I tell you. Everything Bandit C said was spot on.

Instead of chino11 to rejoice and be happy for enugu be it good or bad, he is here talking of anambra

now onlytruth and co that were meant to shut Chino11 up and try to calm bandit C are taking sides with their anambra mentality.

How do you expect to unite if anambra don't see me ebonyi or enugu as his equal. Trust me Abia is a totally different case.

Until likes of chino11 and co learn to respect others and their views, there would be no peace.

Now some would argue this is only NL but I can tell you it happens real life as well. You would always tell a nice igbo (Imo and enugu people) is to a tribalistic one (abia and anambra)

Are these the people that are meant to see other Nigerians as equals ?

Now people would understand why alj harem is like this

SHAME !!!!!!!! I am out.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by aljharem3: 2:27am On Dec 19, 2011
I have to add, Not everyone from those state have those characteristics because I know pretty nice anambrains but Chino11 is just toooo,

then you go to abian, Nchara, mekuexx, ezeuche, point b etc

now compare to Imolites such as Abagworo, rhymes etc
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by igboboy1(m): 2:44am On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

I have to add, Not everyone from those state have those characteristics because I know pretty nice anambrains but Chino11 is just toooo,

I rarely see eye to eye with you but i must agree on your analysis of chino 11, chino 11 is a case
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 2:52am On Dec 19, 2011
alj_harem:

Chidexy (fake Igbo man), I am in the habit of ignoring you two-faced chipmunk.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Obiagu1(m): 3:44am On Dec 19, 2011
@ OnlyTruth, could you ask the mods to delete this thread?

@chino, you should STFU! I'm Anambra like you but since you've been here, all you do is to talk down on fellow Igbos. Anambra has this and that, what do you have? Are you not a man? All you do is brag about other people's achievement.
It's an indication you're a nobody; just get a life and fck off!
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 4:53am On Dec 19, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ OnlyTruth, could you ask the mods to delete this thread?

@chino, you should STFU! I'm Anambra like you but since you've been here, all you do is to talk down on fellow Igbos. Anambra has this and that, what do you have? Are you not a man? All you do is brag about other people's achievement.
It's an indication you're a nobody; just get a life and fck off!

My brother Obiagu1, I don't know what purpose deleting this thread would serve, especially when it contains some information about how we Ndigbo relate with ourselves and our leaders. I would never support masking faults. Maybe when others take full advantage of it and teach us the lesson of our lives, then, Igbo people would learn to be reasonable.
For me, the issue now is not even this mall. The issue is our people's tendency to attack and ridicule their leaders
without any sane justification.

Why are our people always eager to attack and ridicule their leaders as their first line of defence against any perceived grievance?

Take this character Bandit.C for example. If he did not like what I said about BOTH Enugu and Onitsha, why didn't he simply tell me that I was wrong and lay down his own argument? Did I ridicule his state or people in any way?
The story I shared was REAL and TRUTH. Did my fault rise to the level at which he needed to ridicule Ndigbo (because frankly I don't give a damn about anything  undecided )? Why are we always quick to attack and ridicule our leaders?

Take a look at Amb Ralph Uwechue for example. At a stage I was wondering why he barely made any speeches.
Bros he is guarding against insults from his fellow Igbo folks. That has been Ojukwu's lot throughout his life of struggle. It is one thing to hold personal opinions and air them powerfully. It is the height of stooopidty and idiocy for any sane human to attack and ridicule his leader whether he voted for him or not. Politically sophisticated groups understand the importance of rallying round their leaders. Even if you don't want to rally round him/her, don't attack and ridicule his office.

Igbo enwe eze is very real, but we must also accept to serve others for as long as this earth exists.
So, the mods can decide to delete it if they want. I won't ask them.

About Chino11, I have SEVERALLY in the past cautioned and even verbally abused him here. At a stage he fought back and I still chided and left him. To my surprise, some of our brothers from other SE states lob me, Chino11 and other Anambra people into that same group. What else can I do? Now you have a professional maggot and hyena called Alj_Harem coming here to add his goat mouth into dividing Igboland to suit his demonic agenda.

Umu Igbo, I will tell you again.

There is no superior or inferior Igbo in Igboland. That is the most stoopid ideology for anyone of us to nurse whether openly or subliminally. There is no superior or inferior SE state. We are ALL THE SAME.
Even Nigerians states are all the same. Whoever doesn't like this fact is free to take a bath in a super concentrated acid.

Unu ekwesigo imara ihe.
Else, onye obuna zaa afa nna ya.  cool

My mission is to defeat this stoopidity that has held us down in Nigeria.
Unu chozikwa, anyi akuwasiba ife nine.
Onye obuna jiri ire ya guo eze ya onu.

I won't say these again.  cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by manny4life(m): 5:33am On Dec 19, 2011
One_Naira:

@ OP
Isn't a mall or something similar to walmart? I'm getting more of a walmart vibe

Mall similar to Walmart? No a mall isn't similar to walmart because Walmart is "Big Box" retailer that build about 100,000sq.ftof space for their store size (stand alone buildings) as opposed to a mall (a collection of retail outlets), depending on their size, can be 10 to hundreds of stores, The bigger malls are way far larger in size than Walmart and Sams put together. Until recently Walmart decided to use the "convenience size model " store, they NEVER build inside a mall, but now, they build along the strip of a mall, makes it easier access.

As for the craziness going on here, It's just pathetic. Imagine, since the 7th page, it's been between Chino and Bandit.c, neither of them wants to back down. Even the Bible said it, Pride destroys a man, I see that many despise Chino, as for me, I'm not making excuse for him nor Bandit.c OR anyone, but does it ever occur to yall that his patriotic, that's he's perception. Though you might not agree with it, that's how he interprets it, worse case, ignore him.

As much as I sometimes despise Kobo's reasoning, or Eko Ile's thought process, I will argue to a point and STOP; try to avoid further altercations with some of these folks because no matter what you say, you CAN'T change their perception, interpretation AND opinion. Again, if you think Chino is a menace, simply avoid his comments, it sure doesn't make you weak. I guess at the end of the day, we are one together, let's deal with it
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nchara: 6:11am On Dec 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

My brother Obiagu1, I don't know what purpose deleting this thread would serve, especially when it contains some information about how we Ndigbo relate with ourselves and our leaders. I would never support masking faults. Maybe when others take full advantage of it and teach us the lesson of our lives, then, Igbo people would learn to be reasonable.
For me, the issue now is not even this mall. The issue is our people's tendency to attack and ridicule their leaders

Why are our people always eager to attack and ridicule their leaders as their first line of defence against any perceived grievance?

Take this character Bandit.C for example. If he did not like what I said about BOTH Enugu and Onitsha, why didn't he simply tell me that I was wrong and lay down his own argument? Did I ridicule his state or people in any way?
The story I shared was REAL and TRUTH. Did my fault rise to the level at which he needed to ridicule Ndigbo (because frankly I don't give a damn about anything  undecided )? Why are we always quick to attack and ridicule our leaders?

Take a look at Amb Ralph Uwechue for example. At a stage I was wondering why he barely made any speeches.
Bros he is guarding against insults from his fellow Igbo folks. That has been Ojukwu's lot throughout his life of struggle. It is one thing to hold personal opinions and air them powerfully. It is the height of stooopidty and idiocy for any sane human to attack and ridicule his leader whether he voted for him or not. Politically sophisticated groups understand the importance of rallying round their leaders. Even if you don't want to rally round him/her, don't attack and ridicule his office.

Igbo enwe eze is very real, but we must also accept to serve others for as long as this earth exists.

About Chino11, I have SEVERALLY in the past cautioned and even verbally abused him here. At a stage he fought back and I still chided and left him. To my surprise, some of our brothers from other SE states lob me, Chino11 and other Anambra people into that same group. What else can I do? Now you have a professional maggot and hyena called Alj_Harem coming here to add his goat mouth into dividing Igboland to suit his demonic agenda.

There is no superior or inferior Igbo in Igboland. That is the most stoopid ideology for anyone of us to nurse whether openly or subliminally. There is no superior or inferior SE state. We are ALL THE SAME.
Even Nigerians states are all the same. Whoever doesn't like this fact is free to take a bath in a super concentrated acid.

Unu ekwesigo imara ihe.
Else, onye obuna zaa afa nna ya.  cool

I won't say these again.  cool

You will make a good eze Igbo. Unfortunately, I cannot see you to buy you a beer. May be I will attach it so you download and drink. Udo di ri gi.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by chino11(m): 7:33am On Dec 19, 2011
cool We all gathered here to crown eze Igbo NL but some bandits from our sister state came from nowhere to disregard and talk down on the constituted authority. Well are laying down our mouth-arms for peace to reign amongst Igbo nations, but we must not fail to understand our differences. Igbo bu Igbo dalu nu. Eze Igbo the onlytruth I ga adi.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by amajerry(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2011
@chino 11 i ain't got ur damn time. U're just a ratling bomboclak.but b4 i bring out my arsenal,i want 2 be clear about this"are u comparing COAL CITY 2 any town in anambra state or u are comparing ENUGU STATE 2 ANAMBRA STATE",tell me which of the two b4 i start bcus am hell ready 4 u
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by manchy7531: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2011
this trend is officially closed and nobody should comment on it again after me.Eze ndigo has approved it.Thanks to all the contributors and we hope and pray that we the youths of today will not make the mistakes some of our leaders in government are making today when we get to that office.it must be development,industrialization,job creation and most importantly peace,love and unity.thanks to you all.we love you all.peace,unity & love to igboland including rivers and delta.More development project in igboland and more job creation in igboland cos we are the future of this sick nation.

THANK YOU ALL>>>>BYE BYE>>>>>MOVE TO THE NEXT TOPIC/TREND.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Okijajuju1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
I have said it that Anambra State need a Sullivan Chime as our Governor!! angry

I hope everyone can see the difference between store and kiosk! angry

Kudos to Enugu States Government!
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by HighChief4(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
Onlytruth:

The story I shared was REAL and TRUTH. Did my fault rise to the level at which he needed to ridicule Ndigbo (because frankly I don't give a damn about anything undecided )? Why are we always quick to attack and ridicule our leaders?

About Chino11, I have SEVERALLY in the past cautioned and even verbally abused him here. At a stage he fought back and I still chided and left him. To my surprise, some of our brothers from other SE states lob me, Chino11 and other Anambra people into that same group. What else can I do? Now you have a professional maggot and hyena called Alj_Harem coming here to add his goat mouth into dividing Igboland to suit his demonic agenda.

Unu ekwesigo imara ihe.
Else, onye obuna zaa afa nna ya. cool

I won't say these again. cool

You are truly a wise man. I am happy we have you as our leader. Onye nwe anyi gbaa gi ume!!!
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by agiboma(f): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
Wow very nice Job, it looks fabulous
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by ak47mann(m): 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
only-truth wise talk!! you sound like a true leader,personally i never take bandit serious he can say what he like, end of the day people have right to air their views,to me their are issues i do not compromise.This site to me, is a social network and i believe in freedom of speech.

NDI BE ANYI NDE WO NU
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by deor03(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2011
waoo.

What a revelation
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by amajerry(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
pls chino11 answer my overdue quexn!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by HighChief4(m): 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^Its okay bro. Everything has been settled. Eze Ndigbo 1 of Nairaland has spoken. So please calm down. Am from Enugu state too, but please lets stop it here. Cheers
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
These Anambra guys are just too fool and full of themselves. Noise makers and bunch of arrogant folks.  They think they are better than other igbo's; yet, incivility and political thuggery reign in their land. Stone ager's who think risking your life for "fiat money" is the essence of life.  Few of them can be classified as individually rich because they think they can go to any extent to buy Dignity with money. Collectively, the state is an eyesore.

Well, if you guys think sacrificing your dear ones for the things of this world is being smart, then I pity for you. You should concentrate more on developing your mental faculty and integrity by building reputable and top institutions like UNN, FUTO, IMT, Nekede Poly,etc and a good administrative democratic system.

Can you tell me the highest number of men in the east who die YOUNG the most because of their tasteless and aggressive pursuit of MONEY to buy chieftainship and answer names?  Those particular girls who won't look your way if you are not LOADED? And that stupid Chino11 have the guts to call other girls prostitutes.

Hey man, you should start living in the 21st century. The modern economy is passed buying and selling. Nwa boy economy is becoming obsolete in this age. Malls are springing up here and there in Naija and will put you petty traders out of business.  Go educate your young men for high tech economy that is taking shape or else you will have a social mess on your hands from Onitsha to Okija Shrine.

Minds who thinks they are better than others because of illusory achievements are psychotic by nature.

Sorry Eze Ndigbo; just needed to pour out my mind and to strengthen that lunatic.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by rhymz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
Olodostein:

These Anambra guys are just too fool and full of themselves. Noise makers and bunch of arrogant folks.  They think they are better than other igbo's; yet, incivility and political thuggery reign in their land. Stone ager's who think risking your life for "fiat money" is the essence of life.  Few of them can be classified as individually rich because they think they can go to any extent to buy Dignity with money. Collectively, the state is an eyesore.

Well, if you guys think sacrificing your dear ones for the things of this world is being smart, then I pity for you. You should concentrate more on developing your mental faculty and integrity by building reputable and top institutions like UNN, FUTO, IMT, Nekede Poly,etc and a good administrative democratic system.

Can you tell me the highest number of men in the east who die YOUNG the most because of their tasteless and aggressive pursuit of MONEY to buy chieftainship and answer names?  Those particular girls who won't look your way if you are not LOADED? And that silly Chino11 have the guts to call other girls LovePeddlers.

Hey man, you should start living in the 21st century. The modern economy is passed buying and selling. Nwa boy economy is becoming obsolete in this age. Malls are springing up here and there in Naija and will put you petty traders out of business.  Go educate your young men for high tech economy that is taking shape or else you will have a social mess on your hands from Onitsha to Okija Shrine.

Minds who thinks they are better than others because of illusory achievements are psychotic by nature.

Sorry Eze Ndigbo; just needed to pour out my mind and to strengthen that lunatic.
this is totally unneccessary. I understand how eeediotic that goon that calls himself chino can be but to stoop to his level is even worse, just let himrelish in his ignorance. We are all igbos afterall.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Onlytruth(m): 12:35am On Dec 20, 2011
Umunne m, o di nma, agha ebigo!  grin grin cool

That is what makes us a great people. We know where to draw the lines and hapu ihe nile bere na abali ka oburu anwu nta!  cool  grin cool

Please I beg you in the name of God and in the spirits of our ancestors to do me one favor.
If any Igbo EVER again makes a statement implying that there is any difference between one Igbo person and another, please give that person a "virtual slap". If offline, then execute the slap physically (provided you can escape if the guy is stronger looking  grincool cool .
Fact remains that we are one nation and one people. Enugu city remains the everlasting capital of Eastern Nigeria. There are other contenders, but our unity is far more important than any other consideration. Enugu guarantees our unity as a people who shared common formative history in Nigeria. Agbachakwaa egwu, o laa n'ukwu (hip) -(all dance moves must involve the hip).  cool  All Easterners, from Abakaliki to Calabar, from Arochukwu to Agbor ( cool ), and ALL Nigerians who accommodate us and don't kill us, are our brothers. Even if we decide to leave Nigeria at any point in the future, it should be through brotherly agreement. Enugu is home for all of us!  cool

This mall will be hugely successful, and thrive because it is the first of its type in the East, and all stops would be pulled to make it viable. Ingenious management is all that is needed to make it successful. As a pioneer, it would be a case study for other states in Nigeria to copy and implement. Ndi n'eme ya na obodo oyibo, ha ebu isi  asaa? C'mon!  undecided  cool

Please my brothers, there is no dictatorship anywhere in Igboland. It is our cradle and contribution to the human political systems, and we are proud of it.  cool You don't need to attack me or the office of Eze Ndigbo Nairaland because you think I may be biased (which I vow never to do). Just lay your arguments as clearly and as powerfully as you want. Otu a ka anyi si eme ya na Alaigbo. When all arguments (devoid of insults to fellow Igbo groups, states and peoples) are made, we all will gladly support it, irrespective of whether it shows anyone's state or group in bad light. Anyi ga na agwa onwe anyi eziokwu. Lying to ourselves is one of the worst things we can do to ourselves.

Let us all be joyful and continue to pray for other good things to saturate Igboland, Eastern Nigeria and Nigeria as a whole.

Thank you all!  cool
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Obiagu1(m): 1:02am On Dec 20, 2011
^^
Udo dilo gi, EzeIgbo.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Okijajuju1(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2011
I couldnt help but pick out a very interesting point from rhymz last post which says "Nwaboy economy is becoming obsolete". And I agree with him. I have said it that when these big supermarket chains, Pharmacitical companies and other large companies start entering our market, the small businesses which Anambra and Abia seem to be thriving on wil suffer big time. That is why I have a serious grouse with the Anambra State and Abia state governments. These leaders are too blind to see that the ship is sailing and leaving them behind.

Kudos to Enugu State Government. He is indeed working hard to reposition Enugu state from being a retirement town into a new age player. I wish they finish up their monorail system and get their Railways and coal mines up and running again. Enugu is the hope of the entire Eastern States and Anambra/Imo/Abia & Ebonyi need to learn from them.

Long Live development. Atleast this move by Enugu state amongst others have proven that their is indeed hope for us as a people.
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Konnektions146(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
my ENUGU!
Re: Polo Park - Enugu's First Mall Steps Out by Afam4eva(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Enugu still remains the most liveable city in Igboland followed by Owerri and probably Asaba. Even port-hacourt is not that liveable. It's unfortunate that someone like Chiono who's known for his anti-Anambra remarks, who, instead of burying his head in shame because of what Anambra has become despite that high level of human and natural resources at it's disposal is taking jabs at Enugu, the most forward looking city in the east. Despite the fact that just about every important Igbo personality has a house in Enugu and most of them call Enugu home.

On the other hand, BanditC talks as if it's because of Nkanu people that Enugu is the way it is. Anambra people were integral to the development of the coal city. Anybody that thinks otherwise is just lieing to himself. Enugu is the home for all Igbos and Nigerians at large.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds / Scores Of Boko Haram Insurgents Killed At Sambisa / Peter Obi Supporters Hold Rally In Lekki, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.