Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

19-year-old Arranges For Grandfather To Be Robbed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 19-year-old Arranges For Grandfather To Be Robbed (1502 Views)

Woman Arranges Friend’s Gang-rape / 19-Year-Old Boy Murders Aunt In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pictures) / EFCC Arraigns 19-year-old Suspected Internet Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

19-year-old Arranges For Grandfather To Be Robbed by asha80(m): 3:43am On Dec 17, 2011
19-year-old arranges for grandfather to be robbed
Police arrest Dapo and the armed robbery gang he recruited to rob his grandfather after a sale of land
Article | December 17, 2011 - 3:05am | By Patience Ogbo

19-year-old Dapo Olukoya who allegedly led armed men to rob his grandfather at Epe is blaming greed and the devil for his crime.

Dapo and eight other suspected armed robbers were arrested by officers attached to the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja in November after they robbed a septuagenarian of the proceeds from his land.

Unknown to the septuagenarian Adekoya Olukoya, his grandson, Dapo masterminded the robbery by informing robbers about his vast land at Epe.

In a bid to get his share of the cash, Dapo allegedly informed one Abiodun Salau, the son of a traditional ruler at Epe to organise armed robbers to attack his grand father.

Salau subsequently recruited one Jamiu Ayinde, 22, and other members of his gang identified as Lukeman Rasaz, Saheed Soluola, and Akin Adedapo (commercial motorcycle riders) for the robbery.

Dapo, who had been monitoring his grandfather, eventually called Salau and told him that his grandfather had sold the land for N12million.

“My grandfather has a lot of land at Epe and I got wind of his plan to sell some of the land. I was in need of money so that was how I went to meet Abiodun Salau to discuss with him," Dapo confessed.

"I told him about the sale of the land and that he should help me get men to rob my grandfather. When I learnt that my grandfather had sold the land for N12million, I called Abiodun that night and they came and rob my grandfather and other members of my family.”

According to Salau, the gang succeeded in collecting N300,000, and other valuables from the old man.

“It was Dapo who informed me about the money and I called Jamiu and the others to strike that night," he said.

"On November 18, Jamiu and the others went to the house and robbed the old man. After they finished the operation, Jamiu came back to me and gave me the guns to hide and N300,000, jewellery, wrist watches and other valuables. I gave Dapo N7,500 from the money and we shared the rest.”

Luck ran out on the gang when the next day, Jamiu was arrested by officers attached to the Agbowa Police station carrying out “stop and search” and they found cash and jewellery on him.

“It was during interrogation at SARS that I confessed and gave the names of other
members of the gang including two other erstwhile members of the gang Dare Shokunbi, and Bakare Olalekan were also arrested,” Jamiu said.

The officers then arrested Salau and others about 2.00am at Epe while they were sleeping. Four locally made guns, charms, jewellery and other valuables were recovered from the gang.

“I feel bad about my involvement in this crime, and I want God to forgive me. I want my family and my grandfather to forgive me, I was just greedy for money that is why I went into the crime, this will never happen again,” Dapo said.

A police source who requested anonymity said the case is under investigation.

“This gang has been involved in various Car snatching and armed robbery in Epe and Ikorodu," the source said.

"They hide under the cover of OPC (Odua People’s Congress) to carry guns and steal from people. We suspect other members of their gang still exist and we will track them down,” the officer said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/19-year-old-arranges-grandfather-be-robbed-0
Re: 19-year-old Arranges For Grandfather To Be Robbed by Lasinoh: 6:01am On Dec 17, 2011
Dapo Olukoya. . . .no surprises there.
Statistics never fail. . .racially, ethnically or by gender.
Too many women opening their azzzes to breed area thugs I tell ya.
Why give birth to children you cannot afford to 'train'? undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Honeywealth75 Scammed me- Who Can Help? / How Radical Student Stabbed Unilag Vc In 1965 / I Was Scammed! Need Your Help To Locate This Scammer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.