Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,418 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Another 419 Format(beware)! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Another 419 Format(beware)! (44132 Views)

Another 419 Email In Circulation Asking For Your Atm Cards / IPO Allocation - Another 419 IN Disguise / Another 419 Format! (phone Call With Assasination Threat!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nawa1(m): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2007
this one is not even close to 419. and i also don't think any nigerian can fall for this.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Bblak(f): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2007
Lips sealed lipsrsealed
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by larriederm(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2007
thanks Edochman,
though is not new but its educating! wat battle me most is HOW DO THEY GET SOMEONE MAIL AND HOW CAN SOMEONE BLOCK IT? CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by hope(f): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2007
this 419 are not foreigner but nigerians so they should come out with another scam we will solve it for them useless people,they are only greedy people who refuse to work but ti reap from where they did not sow.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by egoldman(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2007
larriederm:

thanks Edochman,
though is not new but its educating! what battle me most is HOW DO THEY GET SOMEONE MAIL AND HOW CAN SOMEONE BLOCK IT? CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!

There are paid and free email grabbers online , its a kind of software that would scan the net for email addresses like those posted in forums,blogs and so one , once installed and in use , it can scan the net for any possible email ids that is can locate and show them in good format where you may send email to all of them at the same time .
you can not possibly stop all the spam that come to your inbox , but you can minimize it to very manageable level if you use webmail like yahoo mail , paid version and pop client .
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by sfdaram(f): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2007
pls beware of this things, all na lie.

do you know apart from mail scam some of these 419s call people GSM number and tell you he's ur cousin or uncle calling from london and started discussing money issue? beware.

anyone that tells u dat u have won a gift but u have to pay some amount of money before collecting the gift, beware.

anyone or corporate organisation that tells you to send SMS to 5 people or test recharge card to somewhere, beware.

whenever anyone tells you not to tell anybody about a business transaction u r about to do, beware .

beware and know dat all dat gilter is not gold
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by SiropMiel(f): 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2007
I don't know if this goes here, looking at the first post it seems to have similarities?

JOHNSMITH AND ASSOCIATES
SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES
22 ROAD FEDERAL GRA IKEJA
LAGOS,NIGERIA.
POST CODE 23401
PHONE# 234-7031568024

Dear Friend,
How are you today? And how are your family? Hope you are all doing
fine?, if so glory be to God.

I am Barrister John Smith, an attorney at law based here in Lagos
Nigeria, A deceased client of mine, by name MR ANDREW and who here in
after
shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a
heart-related illness but before his death ,his entire family was
involved in the
last bomb explosion in Ikeja Lagos part of Nigeria, so this means that
after the death of his children and wife when he returned from a
business trip and was told about the bomb incident, he went straight
into
sickness and developed a heart related illness until he finally died
at the
Saint Nicolas Hospital here in Lagos Nigeria .

I am contacting you to assist in transferring the money left behind by
my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the
SECURITY COMPANY where this deposit valued at $10,000,000.00 million
dollars was lodged. This SECURITY COMPANY has issued me a notice to
contact
the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

I have tried all my possible best to locate any of my late client
extended family or relation in your country through your embassy here
in
Nigeria, but all my efforts was abortive since the embassy was not
able to
provide valuable information?s to this, again i received another
letter from the security company which states that i should present to
them
the next of kin of my late client , so that they can pay the $10,000,
000.00 to him as the beneficiary of the funds or the money will be
converted into their company treasury and will be regarded as
unclaimed
bills ,which after then the funds can not be paid to any body and they
also
make this clear to me in the letter .

The reason i am contacting you is that i want us to do this business
together , i will guarantee your security since i am also a lawyer and
i
want to also assure you that this transaction will not take more than
working days and so it is possible for you to use your own share to
finance your present business over there in your country .
My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the
next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since MY CLIENT DIED
WITHOUT ANY NEXT OF KIN OR CHILDREN, so that the proceeds of this
account
can be paid to you AS THE NEXT OF KIN . Then we can share the amount
on a
mutually agreed-upon percentage. 50% TO YOU AND 50% TO ME AS PARTNERS.

All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin
will be provided. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable
transfer of the funds into your account over there in your country,
and
understand that the late man is a foreigner and since you are also a
foreigner, the security company will transfer to you the funds as the
next
of kin ,and then i will meet with you in your country to take my share
of 50% ,i will prepare the legal backups , and understand that
everything will be done legally and as soon as the whole funds are
transferred
to your account in your country, I will fly in to meet with you for
sharing which i have indicated to you already in this proposal that we
will share the money 50% to you and 50% to me.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect
you from any breach of the law of my country or your country and
understand that this transaction will not take your time ,will be
complete in
estimated time of 7 working days upon your acceptance and co-operation
with this proposal.

My late client was not a Nigerian and in this a Nigerian can not stand
as his next of kin ,this is the reason i am contacting you since you
are also not a Nigerian it will be acceptable by the security company
to
pay to your account the funds as beneficiary and next of kin to my
late
client .

If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my
apology, but i must indicate that this transaction has nothing to do
with crime or risk , it is completely risk free , do not be afraid .

Please contact me at once to indicate your interest.

Send to me your

MOBILE NUMBER _________________

FAX NUMBER _____________________

ADDRESS ______________________

i am expecting your mail immediately.

Best regards,
Barrister John Smith
PHONE# 234-7031568024
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by funmeme(f): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2007
na real wah! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by larriederm(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2007
egoldman, thanks!
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by question(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2007
I just got this on my email,

My Dear Friend

Please use this money for the Churches/Islamics and Less Privileged in the world.

Greetings to you and your family in the name of God. In my search for a reliable and God fearing person and having gotten your contact through prayers and pains taking efforts via searching I made on the internet on my bed side.

I have decided to seek your help in carrying out my last wishes. My name is Mrs. Halima Hamza, I'm a 58 years old woman and my Country is South Africa. I was a merchant and owned two businesses in Dubai; I was also married with two children.

My husband and two children where involved in a plane crash in the Dec, 25th website. http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/index.html Before this happened, my business and concern for making money was all I care for, I never really cared about other values in life.

But since the loss of my family, I have found a new desire to assist helpless families, I have been helping orphans in orphanage / motherless, I have also donated some money for humanitarian needs, only recently I saw on television the colossal loss of properties and livelihood people in Canberra, Australia through fire, tsunami, war etc.

I was moved with great pity and compassion that I decided to make this contribution on assisting people over there or any part of the world like Asia / Europe and America that might still need any financial help, I have kept US$5.5 Million (Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) in a long-term deposit in a Finance company here in South Africa

Presently, I'm in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for Oesophagi Cancer at Johannesburg general hospital here in Johannesburg South Africa.

I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only few weeks to live, It is my last wish to see this money distributed to victims, less privileged people and charity organization in the World like I said, I have enclosed for you the Current Photograph I took below Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth since my illness, I cannot live with the agony entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them.

Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me collect the deposit with the help of my Lawyer and distribute it accordingly Use your judgment to distribute the money and keep 20% of it to yourself. Feel free to re-imburse yourself when you have the money for any expenses you made during the process of collecting / claiming the Funds on my behalf.

Please If you are willing to help, please reply as soon as possible. Again I will allow you to communicate with the financial company directly upon the receipt of your reply because I want this project to be completed before the end of this month before I die according to the Doctor.
And also attach to me in your return mail your personal details for familiarity. May the good Lord bless you.

6.Your Country

5.Your Mobile Numbers / Fax

4.Your Occupation:

3.Your Marital Status:

2.Your Age/ Sex:

1.Your Full Names:

Please, reply to my Private Email: halimahamza@myway.com

Regards,

Mrs. Halima Hamza,
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by rowlandwhy: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2007
we've been seeing all these,

they are not new
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nawa1(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2007
. . . not at all, even to the zombies
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by rowlandwhy: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2007
my brother
our PHC people don learn plenty lesson OO
no bi small thing
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by niceuzor: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2007
Na wa- plz can you tell me about the LINK in your signature? cool
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nawa1(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2007
through that link, you can download one of the world most motivational e-book

click on the link, click on the "science of getting rich" icon on the site, and Just enter your name and email address below. the book will be delivered to your e-mail free of charge.

if for some reasons, you still can't get it delivered to you, let me know, i shall send it personally to you e-mail.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nawa1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2007
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by rowlandwhy: 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2007
na wa:

through that link, you can download one of the world most motivational e-book

click on the link, click on the "science of getting rich" icon on the site, and Just enter your name and email address below. the book will be delivered to your e-mail free of charge.

if for some reasons, you still can't get it delivered to you, let me know, i shall send it personally to you e-mail.
i have the book
its great
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by nawa1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2007
rowland,

you can carry the book everywhere you go and read it at you convenience by loading it in your phone. i.e. if only you have any s40, s60, or even s70 phone.

let me know the phone you are using. so i shall uploading here a software you can install on your phone, that will enable you read any e-book from your phone.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Edochman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2007
Hi all,
Just got this trash in my box.these fools will never rest

"Dear Friend,

I am Mrs. Leticia Adriana Anderson, a Credit officer of La Caixa bank Madrid-Spain. I have a concealed business suggestion for you.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war, our client Mr. Kahal Mohammad who was an Iraqi Businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 36 calendar months, with a value of Twenty three million Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars(US$23,900,000.00) only in my branch.
Upon maturity, several notices were sent to him even during the war and again after the war but still no response came from him. We later found out that the Mr. Kahal and his entire family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home in Bagdad , Iraq .

After further investigation, I discovered that Mr. Kahal did not declare any next-of-kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. In regards to this if nobody apply for the claim of the money before November,2007, the money will go into the Bank's treasury as unclaimed funds or declared to the government of Spain .Once this is done, Spanish government will confiscate the funds, which is not good for both of us
So, the US$23,900,000.00 is still lying in my bank now waiting for a person to apply for the claim/withdrawal as the next-of-kin. I therefore want you to stand as the next-of-kin to Mr. Kahal Mohammad so that you will be able to receive his funds legally without any single hindrance.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have everything worked-out for the immediate release of this fund to you. Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to your account as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as the next of kin of the deceased indicating your interest of claim of your inherited funds. Upon receipt of your reply through my email address below, I will send to you by fax or via email attachment the text of the application which you will send to the bank for legally soliciting the release of the fund to you.

Do note that there is no single risk involved at all in this deal as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share it in the ratio of 60% for us, and 40% for you.
At this moment you should feel free to contact me through my email address below immediately you receive this letter. You should understand that this should be kept very confidential. Let it be between you, me and my husband only. This is the only way we can achieve success. I will level the whole arrangement here in the bank for the payment/transfer to be approved immediately.

Please take note my husband is the only one I have discussed this business with and we both agreed to do this business with the funds.
Please send to me via my email address below, your fixed and mobile phone/fax number, for easy communications.

Kind Regards,

Mrs. Leticia Adriana Anderson
(Credit Officer-La Caixa Bank S.A. Madrid-Spain)
Email: leticia_adriana_anderson@yahoo.es "
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by slim49z(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2007
Hello house,

Instead of falling a victim to scams, why not check out my SECRET to series of $100 bills online huh? grin No B.S. its for real.

Am very happy as I am now smiley

Good luck to us all,
slim wink
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by CrazyMan(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2007
Check this one out.

BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER,
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A) OUAGADOUGOU,
BURKINA FASO WEST AFRICA.
RE: TRANSFER OF ($27,500.000.00 USD)
(TWENTY SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.)

DEAR FRIEND.

THIS SHORT MEMO WOULD CERTAINLY COME TO YOU AS SURPRISE DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAVEN’T HAD ANY PREVIOUS CORRESPONDENCE WITH EACH OTHER.
INSPITE OF THIS, I WILL APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WILL PERMIT ME TO INFORM YOU OF MY DESIRE TO EXECUTE A BUSINESS WITH YOU WHICH WILL CERTAINLY BE OF A MUTUAL BENEFIT TO BOTH OF US. I WANT TO TRANSFER TO OVERSEAS ($27,500.000.00 USD) TWENTY SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) FROM THE BANK OF AFRICA, I WANT TO ASK YOU TO PROVIDE AN ACCOUNT OR QUIETLY LOOK FOR A RELIABLE AND HONEST PERSON WHO WILL BE CAPABLE AND FIT TO PROVIDE EITHER AN EXISTING BANK ACCOUNT OR TO SET UP A NEW BANK A/C IMMEDIATELY TO RECEIVE THIS MONEY, EVEN AN EMPTY A/C CAN SERVE TO RECEIVE THIS FUNDS QUITELY.

I AM MR GARUBA MOHAMMED, THE ACCOUNTANT PERSONAL CONFIDANT TO MR KATTAN SALIF WHO DIED TOGETHER WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY IN A PLANE CRASH ON THE 1ST OCT. 2003 ON THEIR WAY TO ATTEND WEDDING IN BOSTON.

A PHYSICIAN AND INDUSTRIALIST, HE WAS A CONTRACTOR AND HE ENGAGE IN SO MANY BUSSDINESSES IN AFRICA. DIED LAST THREE YEARS WITHOUT HAVING ANY BENEFICIARY TO HIS ASSETS INCLUDING HIS ACCOUNT HERE IN BURKINA FASO WHICH HE OPENED IN A BANK OF AFRICA IN THE YEAR 2003 AS HIS PERSONAL SAVINGS FOR THE PURPOSE OF
EXPANSION AND DEVELOPEMENT OF HIS COMPANY BEFORE HIS UNTIMELY DEATH IN 2003 THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS (USD 27,500,000.00)TWENTY SEVEN MILLION FIVE
HUNDRED THOUSAND USD, NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT, I AM CONTACTING YOU FOR US TO TRANSFER THIS FUNDS TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE BENEFICIARY, I WANT TO FIRSTTRANSFER ($27,500.000.00) (TWENTY SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.) FROM THIS MONEY INTO A SAFE ACCOUNT ABROAD, AFTER WHICH WE
WILL TRANSFER THE REMAINING (20M) BUT I DON'T KNOW ANY FOREIGNER, I AM ONLY CONTACTING YOU AS A FOREIGNER BECAUSE THIS MONEY CAN NOT BE APPROVED TO A LOCAL PERSON HERE WITHOUT VALID INTERNATIONAL FOREIGN PASSPORT, BUT CAN ONLY BE APPROVED TO ANY FOREIGNER WITH VALID INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE AND FOREIGN A/C BECAUSE THE MONEY IS IN US DOLLARS AND THE FORMER OWNER OF THE A/C LATE MR.RAVINDRA F. SHAH IS A FOREIGNER TOO, AND AS SUCH THE MONEY CAN ONLY BE APPROVED INTO A FOREIGN
A/C. HOWEVER,I AM REVEALING THIS TO YOU WITH BELIEVE THAT YOU NOT LET ME DOWN IN THIS BUSINESS, YOU ARE THE FIRST AND THE ONLY PERSON THAT I AM CONTACTING FOR THIS BUSINESS, SO PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY SO THAT I WILL INFORM YOU THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE URGENTLY.

SEND ALSO YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER TO FACILITATE EASY AND FAST COMMUNICATION I NEED YOUR FULL CO-OPERATION TO MAKE THIS WORK FINE. BECAUSE THE MANAGEMENT IS READY TO APPROVE THIS MONEY TO ANY FOREIGNER WHO HAS CORRECT INFORMATION OF THIS ACCOUNT, WHICH I WILL GIVE TO YOU, UPON YOUR POSITIVE RESPONSE AND ONCE I AM CONVINCED THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE AND WILL MEET UP WITH INSTRUCTION OF A KEY BANK OFFICIAL WHO IS DEEPLY INVOLVED WITH ME IN THIS BUSINESS.

AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS BUSINESS, YOU WILL BE GIVEN 30% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT, 60% WILL BE FOR ME AND MY COLEAGUES, WHILE 10% WILL BE FOR
EXPENSES BOTH PARTIES MIGHT HAVE INCURRED DURING THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERRING.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR EARLIEST REPLY .

THANKS.
GARUBA MOHAMMED.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by ocheze1: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2007
red light!!red light!! stop the rumour
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by choco4life(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2007
I love Nigerians ,we just so creative,but applying thje creativity in a wrong way.
May GOd help us.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by babybobby: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2007
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Seann(f): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
i have recieved quite a number myself. its good u r alerting us. i really think this boys need a brainwash so as to get back online with truth.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by slim49z(m): 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2007
hehe,

There is no quick way to riches grin
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by joenics(m): 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2007
Biggest problem is that people are still not conversant with the use of the delete button on their e-mail.
If Oyinbo people fall for this, it is greed, but if Naija man or woman fall for this, it is sheer stupidity.

See this video and know what I mean:
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2717066
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by folmi1(m): 4:02am On Oct 10, 2007
Gateway timeout? Seun!!!
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by folmi1(m): 4:04am On Oct 10, 2007
Bet you guys haven't seen this one.
It may not be popular since not a lot of people in Naija use paypal but for anyone who does both back home and abroad, beware. These people are completely lost! All this time and effort into a scam when you could harvest this talent for something creative and profitable like the wonderful forum Seun has created here.

This is the first email claiming some funds had been transfered
======================================================================

You've got new funds!

Dear Bleep xxxx,

Kane Jonnes has sent you an instant payment using PayPal.

Kane Jonnes is a Verified buyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Amount:  
US $439.99

Postage & Packing:  
Included

Transaction ID:

5Y758872CS5622206

Item Description:

Shipping Option:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Edition System, (230175560024)

USPS Global Express Mail (EMS)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pay With PayPal PayPal makes it easy to send  money.

For security purposes, you may want to email the buyer and receive confirmation of the buyer's email and shipping address before you send the item paid for.

Shipping Information

Address:   Name: Olatunji Sunday
Address: # 3 Adeoye Tiamiyu Street, Anfani Layout Challenge,
State: Oyo
City: Ibadan
Zipcode: 23402
Phone #: +2348039268187  

Address Status:   Confirmed  

NOTE: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both inequalities (Buyer & Seller) from online fraudulent activities. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.

You will have to email us the tracking number to the PayPal Customer Care at: shipmentsreview@accountant.com

. As soon as we receive the shipment tracking number from you, you will receive a " CONFIRMATION EMAIL" concerning the accreditation of the funds into your PayPal Account and we shall get the funds credited into your PayPal Account within 24 hours.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, you can contact our customer care service at: shipmentsreview@accountant.com

PayPal, an eBay company

Copyright © 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (Worldwide) Ltd is A uthorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United State as an electronic money institution.
PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056

PayPal Email ID PP307

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Sign up for FREE email from AccountantEmail.com at http://www.AccountantEmail.com

100s of FREE email addresses --->
http://www.UltimateEmail.com

Second email:
======================================================================

from  Kane Jonnes <kanejonnes@yahoo.com>    hide details  Sep 26  
to  kanejonnes@yahoo.com  
date  Sep 26, 2007 3:45 AM  
subject  Payment Confirmation and Shipment Information,  
signed-by  yahoo.com  
mailed-by  yahoo.com  

Hi Seller,
   Am glad to get back to you in regards to the payment for the eBay item and sorry for the late email. I have been so busy for a while. I am so happy to be the winning bidder of this item. Well i bought this item for my son who is currently in west Africa for an exchange programme and i am so sorry for not getting you aware before. I have sent the payment via PayPal and i have received the confirmation that you have been sent the confirmation of the payment. Moreover, i included the shipping cost of the item to the payment, so just get me informed immediately the item is shipped today and make sure the item is shipped via USPS Global Express Mail EMS. My son's address is:

Name:Olatunji Sunday
Address:# 3 Adeoye Tiamiyu Street, Anfani Layout Challenge,
State:Oyo
City:Ibadan
Zipcode:23402
Phone #:+2348039268187

Thats the shipping address and i want you to get back to me as soon as you ship out the item and thanks for the concept of the business,
Kane

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by BlkRaven(f): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2007
I can't believe people still fall for these scams. All these scams have obvious tell tale signs: poor use of english and punctuation, contact email addresses are free web based email accounts and the sender often writes silly stuff like "How are you and your family". Since when has any legit organisation written to anyone enquiring about their family? As much as I detest scams, I find it difficult to sympathise with 'victims' of scams (except the dating, ID and credit card theft scams).

What bothers me even more are the scams where cloned cards are used to take money fraudulently from people's accounts. You go to withdraw money from the ATM and you get that dreaded message: "Insufficient funds". You check your with your bank and all your money's gone and you know you didn't spend it! Some f**ker in another country has withdrawn all your money and is on a spending spree with your hard earned cash.

What's the world coming to?
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by gdyjns: 3:22pm On Oct 15, 2007
I suggest people got to do what they got to do to get themselves occupied every other day. The truth is that, it's only the big dummy greedy idle fools that become victim to this 419 thing. If you're not greedy, and try to occupy your precious time with something each day, and knows the value of money realised from sweat and hard work, you can't be a victim. Because the 419ers themselves are desperately thieves, with bad English, who under normal conditions can't even convince a kid, not to talk of grown ups if not for greediness. My advice here is, let people work hard, and don't be greedy.
Re: Another 419 Format(beware)! by Drums: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
thanks alot 4 the warning.may God save us all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe / Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.