Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

Swearing On The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Swearing On The Bible (656 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swearing On The Bible by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2011
[size=13pt]I know someone that swore on the Bible to deny something they actually said in the past.

My question is this, are there any consequences for using the Bible to deny someting that someone truly said?

Please share your opinion on this issue.
[/size]
Re: Swearing On The Bible by Joagbaje(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
It's not about the bible . It's about swearing. It's ungodly to swear for any reason.

Matthew 5:34
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all. . .
Re: Swearing On The Bible by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's not about the bible . It's about swearing. It's ungodly to swear for any reason.

Matthew 5:34
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all. . .

But doing so by a church going christian to cover up a lie just makes me ask myself if there are any true christians in this world today.
Re: Swearing On The Bible by Joagbaje(m): 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
I didn't read it well the first time. Firstly The consequence depends primarily on the exact words or curses he might have pronounced on himself.

Secondly the lie he told has it's own consequence Especially . But when a man had repented from such before such consequence takes effect, he is free from it.
Re: Swearing On The Bible by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

I didn't read it well the first time. Firstly The consequence depends primarily on the exact words or curses he might have pronounced on himself.

Secondly the lie he told has it's own consequence Especially . But when a man had repented from such before such consequence takes effect, he is free from it.

Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Allah O’ Akbar – For The Qur’an Says, Part 1 / You Must Leave March To Cleave To April.(read What God Is Saying To You) / Halleluyah, Halleluyah, Halleluyah,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.