Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee (13966 Views)

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by hercules07: 5:36am On Dec 21, 2011
See PDP people and their bad belle, those who were unhappy that Lagos is developing are also on this thread, please post pictures of roads as good as this from your village and lets know the population and allocations made to you. They want good things but they do not want to pay, abeg vote PDP in 2015 then you guys will know the meaning of being useless, at least the road has been provided, where is the road from here to Ibadan or from here to the East, between Ibadan and Osu on the new road we used to have 2 toll gates, the same distance as this Lekki road, nobody complained, airport road is still being tolled even after OBJ removed toll gates from all federal roads, now, Lagos is doing something nice, you people are shouting.
Maintenance is one of the greatest problems of Nigerians and this road is a private initiative, when you guys do your business, you try to maximize profit, Nigeria is a jungle, high risk high gain land.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by KayDee4: 5:51am On Dec 21, 2011
Orikinla:

Only trouble makers are still protesting against the toll gate after Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has already explained everything and alternative routes have been provided.

These dummies spend more than that on making unnecessary phone calls and unprofitable text messages.

Now people in Lagos will learn to be prudent and stop wasting time and fuel on unnecessary journeys all over the state.

Go out for only your legit daily work and other compulsory purposes and not for unprofitable and unworthy visits or meetings.

Trouble makers are just daft!

unnecessary phone calls, unprofitable txt msgs, unnecessary journeys all over the state, unprofitable and unworthy visits ? You said a lot of BS and made no sense @ all.  undecided undecided undecided

From the bolded, you sound like you've got a  problem with Lagosians and you dont even know what life is like down there.

It will be better for you to keep quiet and stop exposing your ignorance.  a good number of my ex co-workers ply that route 2ce a day ( to and from work), 5-6 days a week.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by bigfather(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2011
Una dey there dey shout about ordinary Lekki Toll gate. Am so surprised that nobody is talking about the fuel subsidy removal and introduction of toll gates by Jonathan. Isn't that enough HELL for Nigerians ? You can imagine buying fuel at exorbitant rates and you'll still need to pay for toll fess through ya anus ?! shocked

And we dey here dey yab Fashola. At least , we are paying for what we see rather than paying for what we are not seeing !

You guys should just brace up for more woes in 2012 !  May the Lord help us.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by dustydee: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2011
I wish he will pass through the toll every day.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by dmainboss: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2011
big father:

Una dey there dey shout about ordinary Lekki Toll gate. Am so surprised that nobody is talking about the fuel subsidy removal and introduction of toll gates by Jonathan. Isn't that enough HELL for Nigerians ? You can imagine buying fuel at exorbitant rates and you'll still need to pay for toll fess through ya anus ?! shocked

And we dey here dey yab Fashola. At least , we are paying for what we see rather than paying for what we are not seeing !

You guys should just brace up for more woes in 2012 !  May the Lord help us.

It is so sad that the only way these ACN freaks know to defend Fashola is by always trying to change the topic to Jonathan. You cannot hide behind that anymore. We can see thru you now. If Jonathan messes up, we will attack him for it. If Fashola messes up, we will also attack him for it. Saying we should think about Jonathan is a lame diversionary tactic that wont work. Fashola has become a tyrant and no amount of diversionary tactic will stop us from taking him on. Having toll gates on a highway is not the same thing as having toll gates in a residential area. This is the first time I have ever heard of toll gates in a residential area
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by Callfubu(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2011
this picture is simply a 'show off'. Watch closely, the glass was wound down, he opened the door and stil passed his hand tru the glass to pay. So opening the door was solely for the photographer.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by Bright4(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2011
[b][/b]he who owned d slave also owned d load, I believe one day, some where, some how, nigerians shall wake up from their slumbers, n fight for our right. May good God help nigerians from d looter.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by Baawaa(m): 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
That is what they call BOJUBOJU !!
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by teeboy73: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nigerians with suffering and smiling syndrome.

I am shocked that some people will even consider paying 1 kobo on this road. This is a blatant rape on the people and Lagosians are accepting it. We are the most gullible people in the World!!! For a toll to be applied on a road, there must be an alternative route first. For example before the Lagos Ibadan express was built, you could still go to Ibadan via Abeokuta. Same way you could go to Ijebu via ikorodu and from ijebu there is old ondo road to ondo. So if you want to avoid toll, you have a choice. I live in UK and Nigeria and all tools in UK are alternative routes from usual routes that were built by Gov. Birmingham toll gives you an option to avoid the city route with traffic. Dartford crossing gives you an option to avoid going through London traffic.

The road in question is a road that should have been fixed by Government. Even if they merely fixed the road as is as 2 lanes and mandate LCC to build their own road using the coastal route along the beaches with toll, no one will complain because we have a normal route and an alternative with toll for those that can afford it and wants to beat traffic. But they won’t do that because it will cost them more, they will rather put some little tar on a road already in existence and charge people for it to make money. I took a picture of a road construction between Cambridge and Milton Keynes and the contrast between the depth of the road with what the so called LCC guys are doing is massive. It’s 4 time deeper than what they are doing in Lagos and yet they will claim it’s more expensive.

I will support toll between admiralty way and Ikoyi because we have a normal route and if you want to beat traffic pay toll on the bridge. But not on a single road that links the entire Lekki community. so it’s now a sin to be born and bread in one village along Lekki axis.

Conclusion: The toll should be abolished completely and tell them to build the coastal road if they want to charge toll. WAKE UP SLEEPING LAGOSIANS.

Note: I voted for Tinubu twice, voted for Fashola once but missed last election. So don't use party line as the reason for my write-up. think! think! Think!. Someone said we have an alternative route from Chevron to Lekki 1. Please tell me the route? Also tell me if it is a road that is motorable?
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by vezycash(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
propaganda.
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by 75kobo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
, flogging a dead issue gets one nowhere.

The toll gates have been built, toll fees set, Lagosians should just live their normal lives!!! angry angry
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by tlops(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
pay as you go!
Re: Pics - Babatunde Raji Fashola Pays Lekki Toll Gate Fee by johnie: 9:03am On Dec 22, 2011
^^^

You mean PAY AS YOU GROAN!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

International Observers To Monitor Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Today - IPOB / President Buhari Condemns Attempted Coup In Niger republic / President Buhari Returns To Abuja After Commissioning Projects In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.