Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (1133 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by webmpro(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2011
Hello people, Please review this site for me oo

I did it for one of my client just recently how do you feel about it?
nnym.starryconbnet .com their main domain name is nnym . org .ng but its not yet active.

Hope to get your comments.
Re: Website Review by dhtml5: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2011
The site is rather too dull for my liking. . .makes me sleeeep (my site is dull - www..net - but it is a programmer's site fine), but this one is duller

That menu area for instance, i expect something sharper for instance. It is dull, and the rollover is also dull and makes one sleepy.

The contact form, well, i assume you are still working on it.
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
1) Contact form: I click submit and get 404
2) You might want to consider having a big banner at the top of the page
3) Constitution is too long, in html form. Consider making it a downloadable pdf
4) I wouldn't put that slide show of pictures on all pages. Home page only is fine. On others, IMHO, it is a distraction.
Re: Website Review by dhtml5: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
^^^Agrees completely
Re: Website Review by feelme3(m): 12:10am On Dec 21, 2011
dhtml5:

The site is rather too dull for my liking. . .makes me sleeeep (my site is dull - www..net - but it is a programmer's site fine), but this one is duller

That menu area for instance, i expect something sharper for instance. It is dull, and the rollover is also dull and makes one sleepy.

grin grin grin you sef
Re: Website Review by dhtml5: 6:20am On Dec 21, 2011
^^^What have i done again now? My site is too dull na, i did not put all those big and colorful flash banners and all that. . .
Re: Website Review by ahmsta(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2011
my little observation.

the page is a bit one sided here, or is it just for me?
and the image in the welcome massage looks too dull and stretched, i think that needs a change

Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
ahmsta:

my little observation.

and the image in the welcome massage looks too dull and stretched, i think that needs a change

Thanks bro,
I checked the issue of the alignments its perfect on my system and the cafe i have checked it.

Meanwhile am working on other issues, thanks for the advice i appreciate.
Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
dhtml5:

My Brother thank you so much for your word of advice, really appreciate your comments.

Meanwhile like you rightly said am still working on some parts of the site, meanwhile i viewed the site on a cyber cafe and the appearance was perfect.

THANKS A LOT.
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
I said the site is too dull, not that it is not showing well.
Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
dhtml5:

Thanks man, i have just updated the contact form and i guess its working now.

please check again.
Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

1) Contact form: I click submit and get 404
2) You might want to consider having a big banner at the top of the page
3) Constitution is too long, in html form. Consider making it a downloadable pdf
4) I wouldn't put that slide show of pictures on all pages. Home page only is fine. On others, IMHO, it is a distraction.

Thank you bro, maybe i'll have to talk to my clients about the PDF, and the overall sliding.

But the form is working now i guess please review it.

Thank you, i really appreciate your contribution and comments.
Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
ahmsta:

my little observation.

Thank you ahmsta, i appreciate your comments and i will do something about that except the owners don't want the change.

Thank you bro.
Re: Website Review by DualCore1: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
Knock off the Social buttons at the top right.

The only thing that is sanely placed on that sidebar is the NNYM logo, the rest just sit where they want to. Knock them off or align them.

Knock off the social buttons in the sidebar, they are big and cut out of the sidebar background in an unprofessional way. You can replace them with the buttons you have on the top right that I suggested should be knocked off.

Your Navigation buttons are neither aligned to the left or center. The should also have equal top and bottom padding.

Banner images are of poor quality, hire a graphics designer to produce some good quality banners for that slide. Banners sometimes can make the difference between a lively site and a dull one.

Your entire site content is not properly aligned on the screen.

Have your entire content in a container div, set a width for it in css and margin-left:auto, margin-right:auto it.
This places your entire content in the center with equal spaces at the sides.

I got all this from the first page alone, I couldn't go deeper cuz I dnt have much time.
Re: Website Review by webmpro(m): 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Dual Core:

Knock off the Social buttons at the top right.

The only thing that is sanely placed on that sidebar is the NNYM logo, the rest just sit where they want to. Knock them off or align them.

Knock off the social buttons in the sidebar, they are big and cut out of the sidebar background in an unprofessional way. You can replace them with the buttons you have on the top right that I suggested should be knocked off.

Your Navigation buttons are neither aligned to the left or center. The should also have equal top and bottom padding.

Banner images are of poor quality, hire a graphics designer to produce some good quality banners for that slide. Banners sometimes can make the difference between a lively site and a dull one.

Your entire site content is not properly aligned on the screen.

Have your entire content in a container div, set a width for it in css and margin-left:auto, margin-right:auto it.
This places your entire content in the center with equal spaces at the sides.

I got all this from the first page alone, I couldn't go deeper cuz I dnt have much time.

Thanks bro, but the owners are saying i should let it like that for now. the site is to soon be upgraded we are working on it.

(1) (Reply)

Adsense Earners Please Advice Me. / download chattest.wapzak.in script now / I Need Ur Help On My New Blog I Created New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.