Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera (1241 Views)

Patrice Talon Wins Benin Presidential Election / U.S Presidential Limo Goes Missing, Secret Service Scratching Their Heads / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by Daffydoc: 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
I have always loved US politics since the time of d Clinton scandal. My interest peaked during d controversial 2000 election won by George W. (a.k.a Dubya) Hv been following dis current election cycle with keen interest. Am not an obama worshipper like most nigerians are, think he's done an ok job(staving off a huge depression n hunting down bin laden) but he's so vulnerable right now and probably has to run a very negative campaign to stand any real chance of winning. The republican field isn't dat strong either with many strong candidates opting not to run (mitch Daniels and fat Chris Christie) leaving the Mormon former gov. of mass.(a serial flip flopper) n former speaker newt (newt!) Gingrich to battle 4 d nomination. Enuf said, I just want fellow nairalanders who share my interests to check dis thread out so we cld rapport. Can mitt romney flip flop his way to d white house?
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by AfroBlue(m): 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
the latest juicy rumor

http://www.globemagazine.com/story/761

Michelle Obama Secret Affair Allegations Surface

The Globe magazine just released a bombshell and is reporting that Michelle Obama is having a "steamy secret affair" with a Secret Service Agent. According to The Globe, rumors started to circulate that Obama may be having an affair after her recent admission to NBC's Al Roker that she frequently "sneaks out" of the White House; and the ever increasing time she is spending away from the White House may be a cover to hide "a sizzling affair she's carrying on with a Secret Service agent."

According to The Globe's anonymous source: "The rumors are that she's getting it on with a Secret Service agent who is not part of her detail. ,  Her frequent outings away from the White House give her and him an opportunity to get together." The source adds: "Something has been going on for a couple of months and there's no question Barack is embarrassed about her increasingly frequent excursions away from him at the White House."

The allegations are, of course, unsubstantiated and only time will tell if the allegations will fizzle or blow up into a major issue in the upcoming presidential campaign. Typically, the media will not report unsubstantiated claims from anonymous sources, but the recent media feeding frenzy over unsubstantiated allegation against businessman Herman Cain, which literally sank his candidacy, leave the question open: will the media pursue, or even bother to investigate this story?

When it comes to the Mainstream Media, anything goes. That much is clear. But will the media apply the same standard to Obama as to Cain? Only time will tell.

The Globe adds: "Insiders say that after author Larry Sinclair shockingly claimed he had gay romps with [Barack] Obama in a limo and hotel, it wouldn't surprise some people if Michelle would look for comfort elsewhere."

Developing,
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by AfroBlue(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
Marine Asks Michelle Obama to Marine Corps Ball   wink
Date: Monday, December 19, 2011, 11:32 am
By: EURweb.com

A United States marine wasn't shy in asking the First Lady of the United States out on a date.

During a Christmas giveaway to children in need, Marine Lance Cpl. Aaron Leeks was standing near the Matchbox cars when Michelle Obama moved right next to him.

“She said, ‘yes.’ She’d love to go with me,” said Leeks, who is now awaiting White House confirmation that the president’s wife, indeed, will be his date for the Marine Corps Ball in Nov. 2012.

“The reason she’s checking with her husband is to make sure that week is clear,” said Leeks, whose fiancée, another marine, is stationed in Okinawa, Japan.

Within the next 45 days, he heads for Afghanistan where he’ll be assigned to mortuary affairs, the unit he checked off as his first preference when he enlisted in March 2010.

“We process remains from fallen soldiers,” Leeks said. “We’re the last line from the fallen soldier to their family. Our job is to bring them back. Not too many people can do this.”

Asking the first lady to the ball–she had stopped in to spotlight the Marines 65-year-old “Toys for Tots” project–was its own kind of daring. Afterward, “a few people asked me, ‘Did you just ask your boss’s boss’s boss’s wife out?’”

Leeks said his request is a “thank you” for Michelle Obama’s personal outreach to military families.

“I knew how supportive the first lady is of the family structure, in general, and especially military families,” Leek told ABCNews.com by phone, from his parents’ home in Frederick, Md.

For his first Marines ball, he was date-less. The two women he asked declined.

“I think one of them said she thought she’d have to work. The next young lady I asked just told me, ‘no’ without further explanation,” he said.

When he extended the same invitation to the president’s wife, she looked kind of shocked at first.

“Like, was I really asking her? She said, ‘Really?’ And I said, ‘Yes, ma’am’, I’m greatly honored.’”

Earlier this year, other marines also invited celebrities to a Marine Corps Ball, including Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake who both attended events in November.
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by armyofone(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
Michele will be the last person to do something stupid like dating an SS undecided so i think it is just a cheap stunt by the enemies undecided

some people are just plain crazy/s.tupid putting others in tight spot. how can you ask a married woman out for a date?
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by Daffydoc: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
The link didn't open. But trust if it were to be true, the mainstream media which is mainly left wing would kill the story. By d way,Ron Paul now leads in Iowa with Gingrich now in 3rd!(anoda flavor of d month?)
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by montelik(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
D guy resembles a younger, less grey-haired Obama. No wonder Michelle said yes. wink
Re: U.S Presidential Election '12: A Soap Opera by Daffydoc: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
I think d whole thing is a hoax

(1) (Reply)

What's Going On In DR Congo? / The Real Story Behind The Obama Selfie Photos That Went Viral / T.B Joshua Denies Prophecy About Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.