Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra (7847 Views)

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears / Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic / Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by newdeal(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sorry, I am not here to give free lessons on EPL history and this is my last post on this thread, before the gutter effect takes over.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by montelik(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2011
D power of d media to inform or misinform. Here is supposed Finnan incident. [url=http://Key statement]key statement[/url]

A police investigation has been launched after deaf football fans complained they had lip-read Liverpool's Steve Finnan making a racist remark towards Patrice Evra of Manchester United,

The incident allegedly happened after Finnan had given away the stoppage-time free-kick on Evra that led to Rio Ferdinand heading the decisive goal. Evra, however, was unaware of any racist taunts. The Senegal-born Frenchman, a £5.5m signing from Monaco in January, has not raised any complaints although he is aware of the allegations.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by MrTA(m): 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
newdeal:

Sorry, I am not here to give free lessons on EPL history and this is my last post on this thread, before the gutter effect takes over.

Good , that's why its better not to get involved with what you know nothing of. Dismissed.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by MarcAnthon(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2011
I can't believe some folks here are still trying to defend the player. He made the statement more than 10 times according to Evra, he admitted it, he is guilty, period. He def deserves the ban. It doesn't matter whether JT did, it shouldn't matter whether he has worked with a million black people b4 or whether his mother is black. He did it, he did it and deserves what came to him. He's def immature.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by coogar: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
newdeal:

except that you're wrong and mr t-a is right.

evra did not accuse steve finnan. the accusation was levelled at finnan by a deaf fan who claimed he lip-read the racial slur.
evra declined to complain.

newdeal:

Seems you don't know about so many things! Why not strive to know better before accusing someone of posting falsehoods simply because you do not know.

once again, you are wrong here. . . .

evra did not accuse any chelsea official of racism.
in fact, it was mike phelan and richard hartis(united's coaching staff) who claimed they heard the abuse.

the fa report:

“The two witnesses who say they heard those words directed by Mr Bethell at Mr Evra are the Manchester United first team coach Mr Mike Phelan and the goalkeeping coach Mr Richard Hartis. Even if we disregard the fact that Mr Evra has never claimed to have heard such a remark on that day, it is notable that there were several other people far nearer to Mr Bethell at the critical point in time than were either Mr Phelan or Mr Hartis."

newdeal, if i were you, i'd apologize to mr ta for being an utter twit throughout the discourse. grin
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by MrTA(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
No need, he's already made his getaway statement so he can runaway.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by wale4x35(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
Without Luiz Suarez; Liverpool will definitely be walking alone  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by montelik(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
Here is d full report on d stamford bridge incident. Its quite lengthy but d most important points.

38. It is after the first altercation between Mr Bethell and Mr Evra that Mr Bethell is alleged to have shouted at Mr Evra “I’ll ******* have you, you ******* immigrant” – an allegation which Mr Bethell has consistently and vehemently denied.

39. The two witnesses who say they heard those words directed by Mr Bethell at Mr Evra are the Manchester United first team coach Mr Mike Phelan and the goalkeeping coach Mr Richard Hartis, 

49. If Mr Phelan and Mr Hartis are right in their recollection, then it is in the first place surprising that Mr Evra himself did not hear the remark,

50. Even if we disregard the fact that Mr Evra has never claimed to have heard such a remark on that day,

Evra never made an accusation of racial abuse in this case either. No doubt some will stick to their misinformed opinions, but for those interested in being better informed, there you go.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Nwaori: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
8 matches is 2 much

Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by kkkossy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
I heard suarez will play 2day's match even after being banned for 8 games
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Reference(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
The JT case is slightly different since Anton went to the police, the police had gone to the Crown prosecutors and they have hauled the case before the courts. So today I think the judge has placed a gag order before all parties concerned. It was a criminal case not just and an FA one as in the case of Swearez (pardon the pun). That's why we hear 'presumed innocent until proven guilty' and that's why he was allowed to continue playing for England.

Methinks if he's exonerated by the courts the FA might just slap his wrists even though his offence carries much more influence than the Uruguayan's.

Clearly the decisions of her majesty's courts superceed those of the FA on such matters. I'm sure if it was in Nigeria someone will be invoking FIFA to act to preserve so called independence of football from administrative influences.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Reference(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
kkkossy:

I heard suarez will play 2day's match even after being banned for 8 games

It was a suspended ban. He was given a window of appeal after which it will come into effect. But from the body language and preceding statements I think he will accept it. Liverpool is however hollering aimed at damage limitation but they should be careful. The EPL is an international event and clubs like Liverpool derive more and more revenue from foreign markets in Asia, Arabia and even Africa. I mean just this week the Arsenal GM on tour to Nigeria did admit their fan base in Nigeria was probably larger than that in the UK. Not as wealthy but none the less an important potential that must not be vexed. The days of football being a white sport are long gone. The best footballer isn't white and the highest paid is west african.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by MrTA(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2011
I didnt think it was Anton who reported JT to the police, I read the police only got involved because it was reported them by a member of the public.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by coogar: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
Mr_TA:

I didnt think it was Anton who reported JT to the police, I read the police only got involved because it was reported them by a member of the public.

racism is a huge issue in england. . . . .they don't joke with it as it could incite riots.

i have been told evra can still go to the police now that suarez has admitted he actually used the n-word.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by fred2265: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
He deserves the ban, as would any other player who displays racist behaviour.

I don't understand why he has been dealt with more promptly than John Terry, unless it was the English FA not wanting to lose him for euro qualifier games.

[img]http://s01.flagcounter.com/count/7uR/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img][img]http://s10.flagcounter.com/count/oH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img][img]http://2.s01.flagcounter.com/count/7uR/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/img]
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by coogar: 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
fred2265:

He deserves the ban, as would any other player who displays racist behaviour.

I don't understand why he has been dealt with more promptly than John Terry, unless it was the English FA not wanting to lose him for euro qualifier games.

suarez issue happened long before the john terry incident, no?
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by deandavid(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
wat's wrong wit africans?omg.inferiority complex hav killed d black race.y on earth ll callin me a negga or nigro or wateva b an insult 2 me?dnt we blacks,call d white pple "oyibo pepper"?wat do dy do dy jst laff.y? because it cnt hurt dem,dy dnt hav inferiority problms like us.lik fifa president ritely said thr cnt b racism on d pitch,nd dat is d truth.pple jst misunderstood him,especially d english media.dis age has seen tremendious contributions of the black race,even in the world of football,the black race have taken a high position.we all know dis but y will an insult degradin ur color pain u,if u dnt have a problem with being inferior.i tears 4 black pple.like sumbody asked evra,now dat d fa has given suarez d bans,does dat make u less black? D more we see d word negro as insultin d more u get being abused.mark my words
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Babamide(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
It is too much now. Who does not feeling like abusing evra?
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by coogar: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
deandavid:

wat's wrong wit africans?omg.inferiority complex hav killed d black race.y on earth ll callin me a negga or nigro or wateva b an insult 2 me?dnt we blacks,call d white pple "oyibo pepper"?wat do dy do dy jst laff.y? because it cnt hurt dem,dy dnt hav inferiority problms like us.

it cannot hurt them because they weren't the ones sold to slavery like animals, chained, whipped, rap[i]e[/i]d, beaten and murdered for 500 yrs.

lik fifa president ritely said thr cnt b racism on d pitch,nd dat is d truth.pple jst misunderstood him,especially d english media.dis age has seen tremendious contributions of the black race,even in the world of football,the black race have taken a high position.we all know dis but y will an insult degradin your color pain u,if u dnt have a problem with being inferior.i tears 4 black pple

you shed tears for black people cos you are an ignoramus!
that particular n-word is double-edged. 2 black people can say it to each other and it won't be seen as an insult. however, if the context by which the word is used is from a white man to a black man in a non-friendly conversation then it's an insult. this word was the same word used by slave-owners back then to classify black people. a white guy saying that to a black man is technically calling him a slave/inferior.

.like sumbody asked evra,now dat d fa has given suarez d bans,does dat make u less black? D more we see d word negro as insultin d more u get being abused.mark my words  

he doesn't make him less black but he got justice!
it's not really about his colour but the fact that one race is not superior to the next!
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by KDULAR: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
Really, you may throw stones at me , but what is wrong in calling someoneone in even a such circumstance " black man , negro, Naija man etc. When we even do same within ourselves !. Imagine when I exclaimed "black man"!!! whenever any of our politicians behave to type. Sorry , had he used words derogatory such as monkey, kunta kinte, akata etc thned we may say something. Don't we call ourselves "yan miri" , "ofe maanu" "aboki" etc ? To me make a mountain out of a mole ( abi nhow den dey say am sef? ). The FA to me is or independet comittee is just playing to gallery. If na English player den go play it down.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Ezeufi: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
Its amazing how inferior race will go the extra mile to defend their master. Black people defending someone/or institution that has been found guilty of racism against black people is not something new. I used to think this was an akata desease though only to be comfounded that Africans are no better.

Liverpool is the last bastion of football club racism in England and for those who read El-Hadji Diouf's biography there are lots of clues in it. The official liverpool statement included phrases such as "Louis Suarez himself is of mixed background, and his grandfather is black" as an objective evidence to exonerate Suarez. Some Africans who defend that in the name of "love" for the club and/or the master, keep doing that till the day the master turn around and bite you.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Oba234: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
I don't feel sorry for him. What is the point of shouting nigger to somebody you don't know. He did it about 8 times because he said it to taunt him. Two black people saying what up my Nigga to each other is different from a white person telling a random black person you nigger. What's the point? Suarez said it to belittle him about his race and he deserved punishment.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by Oba234: 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
I don't feel sorry for him. What is the point of shouting nigger to somebody you don't know. He did it about 8 times because he said it to taunt him.  Two black people saying what up my Nigga to each other is different from a white person telling a random black person you nigger. What's the point? Suarez said it to belittle him about his race and he deserved punishment.

I also noticed the classic defense that racists use, I have black friends, my grandmother is black, etc. If he really likes black people, he wouldn't have used that word to taunt him.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by afrodoc(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2011
newdeal is definitely a lamebraingrin
the dumbell doesnt even have d class to accept when he is wrong and apologise to T.A n Montelik for interrupting their flow with his vagueness!
though u arent here to give free EPL lessons i hope u stayed online long enuf to benefit from d free lessons T.A,Montelik n Coogar gave you.
d terry issue is even more intriguing cos however its decided there will be an uproar, now it gets more interesting with this police investigation thingy
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by IYANGBALI: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
I wonder why Evra nno nack am for brocos during that match na for there him go know say he no good to dey abuse person for field
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by aribisala0(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
he would be picked up on camera and hit where it hurts more that blocos,his pocket.Bottomline as a footballer you are not playing for yourself but you team so you must think of that always something Mr Kaita forgot last year
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by deandavid(m): 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
yes you said THEN and then they were slaves,watabout now?are u a slave? Who runs the white house now? A slave rite? But obama doesnt see himself like dat,martin lurther king didnt see himself like dat,micheal jordan dont see himself like that.these pple dont see them selves like that.it depends on self belief,if a white man called my fore fada nigga,because there were inferior, its the truth,they were actually inferior.wat abt now?will u sell ur children for a bottle of gin now?i dont tink so.we have passd that era,the black race r too important to be seen as inferior.any man dat calls u nigga,jst wants to upset u,and if u got upset,then he succeedd,and dat means u r really a slave.it all depends on the mentality bro.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by coogar: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2011
deandavid:

yes you said THEN and then they were slaves,watabout now?are u a slave? Who runs the white house now? A slave rite? But obama doesnt see himself like dat,martin lurther king didnt see himself like dat,micheal jordan dont see himself like that.these pple dont see them selves like that.

wait until they are racially abused and we shall see whether they would take it offensive or not.
evra didn't see himself as a slave until he was racially abused by a fellow professional footballer. what would you have done in that circumstance? keep quiet and let someone disrespect you on the basis of your race?

.it depends on self belief,if a white man called my fore fada nigga,because there were inferior, its the truth,they were actually inferior.wat abt now?will u sell your children for a bottle of gin now?i dont tink so.we have passd that era,the black race r too important to be seen as inferior.any man dat calls u nigga,jst wants to upset u,and if u got upset,then he succeedd,and dat means u r really a slave.it all depends on the mentality bro.

you're not making any sense bro.
football is a different realm. such abuses should not be tolerated in football.
evra felt offended, he complained and he was vindicated. that makes him a slave in your logic? i don't even know where to start with you, uncle tom!
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by deandavid(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
look am nt justifyin suarez,if insultin players on d pitch is punishable,den he shuld be punished.nd on d oda hand,if sum1 is kallin nigga 200 times on d pitch,he is tryin 2 get u upset nd if u got upset,den he has succeed.he knws u r nt a slave,even if ur fore fathers were slaves,but u r nt a slave.if u were a slave,he wouldnt shake ur hands before d match starts.so let jst 4get dis tin.na inferiority complex dy wori who eva vex,because suarez call am negrito.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by deandavid(m): 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
exactly dat was wat suarez wantd,to offend evra,nd he suceedd,bt dat is nt supose 2 make me feel inferior,y?because witout me in manu defence,dy r in trouble.so evra is important as suarez.d problem is me nd u,nt suarez nd evra,its wat we tink abt d word nigga.4 me no body be white,red,green or wateva color cn get me upset by callin nigga.or slave.cos am nt a slave,my fore fathrs culd b slaves,but me,am nt,i am far more higher dan wat u tink of me.so bro if u dy london or whreva,when a human being cal u nigga laff ova it or jst walk away.he no dy kill.save us all this stories nd arguments.
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by aribisala0(m): 12:06am On Dec 22, 2011
deandavid:

look am nt justifyin suarez,if insultin players on d pitch is punishable,den he shuld be punished.nd on d oda hand,if sum1 is kallin nigga 200 times on d pitch,he is tryin 2 get u upset nd if u got upset,den he has succeed.he knws u r nt a slave,even if your fore fathers were slaves,but u r nt a slave.if u were a slave,he wouldnt shake your hands before d match starts.so let jst 4get dis tin.na inferiority complex dy wori who eva vex,because suarez call am negrito.
that is one way of looking at it whatever inferiority complex is.another way is to ask the question ; by coming out to complain what was evra's objective?
the worst case scenario would be that suarez would be banned which has happened now. It is important to live in the context of the UK to understand the dynamics of race,racism and playing the race card. Personally i do not see what inferiority complex has got to do with it . The issue is

Did Suarez do it or not

If he did Evra may decide to ignore it or report it. If he really does have such a "complex" he could still decide to do NOTHING and so his decision to do nothing or report tells us nothing in fact it may be argued if he does not report then he has a complex. One thing that will happen after this is that players will think twice before using racist abuse. another thing is sometimes both players may abuse each other during a game and one feels he might be reported and so decides to report first. There really is no information for us to draw any inference about Evra's self esteem. Another thing is if the case is established the player is damaged for life because any future allegations will put him on the defensive. So there is a lot of calculation involved in what seems very straightforward
Re: Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra by igboboy1(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2011
because of Negro shocked

In America dey have the United Negro Fund which prominent African Americans contribute to and support

In America black morrasockers keep using niggah niggah inn their daily conversations,

What gives? Anyway the ban in my opinion was right though,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Europa League: Athletic Bilbao Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On March 15th 2012 / Liverpool 6 Derby 0 / Newcastle United Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On Sat 3rd December 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.