Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,515 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears (28490 Views)

Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot. / Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra / Commendable:eto'o Gives Team-mates £30k Watches Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by DeGenius3(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Lionel Messi has had his conduct questioned after quotes published by Spanish site El Confidencial suggested that the Argentine insults and bullies his team-mates.

Widely regarded as the world’s best footballer, Messi has been accused in the past of not being the ideal team man, and the latest quotes - if accurate - could indicate that the Argentine struggles to control his anger towards other players at the club.

The story - headlined "the true face of Messi" - was allegedly filtered out via Spain U19 stars Alejandro Grimaldo and Gerard Deulofeu, and claims that the unrest in the Barcelona dressing room has been kept firmly under wraps previously due to a Mafia-style 'omerta' – a law of silence.

Messi's "favourite victim at the moment" is said to be Spanish 22-year-old Cristian Tello, to whom Messi has apparently delivered such gems as "What are you doing? You're new here, and you're nobody!" and "Pass me the ball, you're here to play for me."

Tello was allegedly left in tears after these exchanges, a situation which the report claims was made even worse by the fact that the other players in the changing room blanked him even when he broke into the first team.

Tello and Messi celebrate together - but is there bad blood between them?

Messi is also reported to have attacked Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez, who signed from Udinese for 37 million euros in 2011, saying, "Considering how bad you are, I've no idea how you cost so much," and, "Stop shooting so much and give me the ball."

The story remains firmly in the ‘unconfirmed’ bracket, and even if Messi did use the language in question it's certainly easy enough to imagine that he did so with tongue firmly in cheek, in the spirit of training ground banter.

But Eurosport Spain’s journalist Jorge Ordas says it’s not unusual for such reports to emerge regarding Messi's standing within the squad.

"Well, it’s not the first time that it has been said Messi that is not a good team-mate," Ordas said.

"He had some troubles with David Villa last year and he probably has a special personality.

"But honestly, I can’t imagine Leo Messi saying that to other players – that is just my opinion."

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/messi-accused-bullying-insulting-team-mates-point-tears-143707071.html
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Dreal1247: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
If this is really true, then Messi night not end well. He has forgotten that without others, he cannot make it.

1 Like

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Tolexander: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
Messi's "favourite victim at the
moment" is said to be Spanish
22-year-old Cristian Tello, to
whom Messi has apparently
delivered such gems as "What
are you doing? You're new
here, and you're nobody!" and
"Pass me the ball, you're here
to play for me."
that is too harsh. Though the truth from messi (the summary of the team).
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Dreal1247: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
If this is really true, then Messi night not end well. He has forgotten that without others, he cannot make it. A team is made up of eleven players of which he is just a winger. He alone cant face the opposition team. Therefore, he need to appreciate other players for feeding him with sufficient ball passes to score goals.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by demelza: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is kinda hard to believe.

17 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Rexsul: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
and dats y i personally preffer CR7 2 ds dude

5 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by mcevans1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Is he following CR7's footsteps?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Afam4eva(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
is it now a crime to be the world best player? is it not human to go off once in a while? They've been trying to bring this guy down one way or the other.

26 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by victorazy(m): 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2013
They said "he who find a wife find gud" but some players turned something else, see Osaze don marry come turn from pusicat to tiger, Messi from from gud popi to Lion Messi

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by bionicdude(m): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
this is kinda hard to believe.I know people would luv to spoil d name of messi since they don't have any dirt on him.They should let d guy rest.Football is wat he does best not publicity.World best

11 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by freecocoa(f): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmm.

This is really hard to believe.

1 Like

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Siga: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
We need pictures and audio recordings of all the convos and insults... without those material evidence.... no case... lol grin

20 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
People are not always what they seemed.

Most times wish people look like their personality.

Those words are so harsh and it seems Messi's gat some dirty pride.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Emmy9ite(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
I don't believe this. This is scripted!

12 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Emmy9ite(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
Siga: We need pictures and audio recordings of all the convos and insults... without those material evidence.... no case... lol grin
Abi o

5 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by hrmkz: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
End time tinz for messi.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by barcaboi(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is bullshit!!...it sounds childish...who came up wt dis stupid ish

8 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
lool the guy get bad mouth sha, sorry for Cristian Tello and Sanchez, well the truth is He is the Boss.

1 Like

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Kslib(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
When i first saw the word "bully",the first thing i did was to picture messi's height/stature and said to myself "how manage"? Who can he bully?..
So its psychological bullying.. Hmmn,maybe people are shocked cos messi always has that innocent look coupled with the good boy image evryone knows him for..
All izz well!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by TRILLIONIAR: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
No be human being? abeg free the man jare. Devils for life

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by misterh(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
mc~evans:
Inasmuch as i don't want to believe this is true due to his demeanour on the pitch, i want to ask you in what way he is following CR7's footstep! CR7 isn't arrogant. Go read up about him and give me instances of his arrogance. I only hopw it's not true coz this is capable of denting his 'humble boy' image.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Rexsul: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
Afam4eva: is it now a crime to be the world best player? is it not human to go off once in a while? They've been trying to bring this guy down one way or the other.
by thrown insult on ur colleagues jst because God hs blessd u wit some talents?
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Samelfisha(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
End time things grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Bryancrox(m): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg who knw how much 4 private jet,i wan buy am wrap give my neighbour pikin 4 her marriage next week...D girl try 4 me wen she be single,she deserve it

9 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by koolet: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Samelfisha: End time things grin
walhy imagine an slowpoke oo
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Adex097: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
I refuse to be gullible !!!!

By the way, this particular part of the story got me LOH (laughing out hard)

Messi is also reported to have attacked Chilean
striker Alexis Sanchez, who signed from
Udinese for 37 million euros in 2011, saying,
"Considering how bad you are, I've no idea how
you cost so much," and, "Stop shooting so much
and give me the ball."

7 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Adex097: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
Samelfisha: End time things grin
You can say that again.
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by brine(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ok,I know how to handle the situation. I'm signing Baloteli to Barca now cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Hilarious! Couldn't help laughing at some of the 'alleged' utterances at Sanchez and Tello.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by Rexsul: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
mc~evans:
hv u heard a similar story about cr7?
Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by nerodenero: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
A player of his status will definitely be arrogant.More disturbing news about Messi's arrogance will emerge soon.Above all,he is rare player,one of the best and will go down in history as one of the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Messi Accused Of ‘Bullying And Insulting’ Team-mates To Point Of Tears by valicious1(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
Who's mercy & what teammates re we talkin about here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Benfica UCL (3 - 3) On 13th April 2022 / Everton Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 17th March 2019 / Manchester City Vs Brentford (1 - 2) On 12th November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.