Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland (17814 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by pobey(m): 3:19am On Dec 21, 2011
I have seen undue attention Nairaland users pay to the Bishop and his pastor Enoch Adeboye, i.e from expensive university to planes and recently slapping, What of the imams nobody mentions them,

Anyway i like the moslems they would have launched jihad on Seun if this nairaland has posted criticisms on any of their highly placed imams,alfas or ustaz, kudos to my moslem brothers.

Talking about the slapping,if it were my moslem clerics we would have killed or beheaded the girl if she did not accept our doctrine or religion period, slapping is too gentle for us
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by tpia5: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2011
The attention is because people feel they (or the churches) shouldnt have bought jets.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by tpia5: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2011
Besides the usual anti-christian crowd that is.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by vezycash(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
The man is wealthy and he doesn't want to stay in unnecessary queues at the airports
What u should ask is how he makes his money and not rant about how he owns private jets.
He should own an entire airline if he pleases.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
Wonders would never cease in our dear country but a melodrama bothering on criminality was recently introduced. I have never been befuddled about the Nigerian mess but the dramatic situation presented by the ever savvy, ambitious and suave businessman precipitate pastor, in the person of Pastor Oyedepo was another sore show.

Our ever vigilant and dynamic online press have remained the conscience of the nation so far, especially in these perilous times when Nigeria badly cries for a human representation of the same quality. The shame that Nigeria has become is ever manifested on daily basis and no arm of the decadent edifice has lived up to the broom in the ethical and conscience stake. Our political class remains our ever abiding albatross whilst our religious leaders actively partake in the growing shame. As someone once said, the name Nigeria has become a shame to behold.

No politician in Nigeria today is worth the salt, which is the sad truth. No political party is out to redeem the situation, which is another truth Nigerians have to learn. If there is any doubt about the latter, a trip to Lagos State where the might of the state is overbearing against the legitimate aspiration of the citizenry in the boiling issue of the Lekki Toll plaza would convince any doubting Thomas. I have the greatest respect for Pastor David Oyedepo. Not as a man of God but as a good specimen of the Nigerian breed. Here is a savvy and suave business man who knows how to exploit what he has to achieve and consecrate what he desires.

Pastor Oyedepo has built a business empire in the name of a religion. He has through good business sense and unparallel sagacity fed the gullible with the much exploited opium to achieve his material success in life. He remains the first Nigerian man of the robe to purchase a private jet. He is also the first to start the business of private universities. He is sleek and very intelligent. His world-wide business has his children manning the most viable branches overseas. Of course, I am referring to his church branches. He has ensured that even when he is no longer on the stage, the family business would remain solidly within the family confinement.

With all the firsts this suave business man has achieved, it was a surprise to watch a video detailing an unknown quality of this so-called man of God. I watched with mouth aghast! Transparency for Nigeria, in its online edition of 18th December 2011, under the headline: Pastor Oyedepo turned violent on the pulpit, showed a video containing very disturbing contents. (Vide above)

I had always felt that some pastors were too intelligent to be caught partaking in the shame of witch hunting. I had always felt that Helen Ukpabio remained the empress in this unholy game. Little did I know that even the so-called intelligent ones actively took part in this shameful debacle. It is now clear that the whole of Christendom in Nigeria is built on fallacies, extortion and hood-winking. The Helen Ukpabio league actually applies to our so-called men of God, the agents of Mormon keeping the people in perpetual bondage and slavery.

The scene was a typical revival or crusade-like environment common amongst Nigerian Pentecostals. Few girls and boys were kneeling down on the stage in front of Pastor Oyedepo surrounded by his army of body guards and lieutenants. The video started with a girl who claimed to have come from Imo State. The video went as follows:

Pastor: You have been there for how long? (Question apparently in reference to membership of witchcraft).

Girl: I am not a witch. I am a witch for Jesus. My own witch is for Jesus.

Pastor: (Dumbfounded) you are what?!

Pastor: (Shaking with uncontrolled disbelief and anger) You are a foul devil. Do you know whom you are talking to? Foul devil (this was followed by a very hot slap!!)

Pastor (continued): Where are you from?

Girl: I am from Imo State. I am not a witch. I am a witch for Jesus.

Pastor: Jesus has no witches. You are a devil. You are not set for deliverance and you are free to go to hell.

Pastor moved on to another girl:

Pastor: When did you get in?

Girl 2: I am not a witch but I used to dream that I was with them.

Pastor: Every one of you on this front that speaks a lie, you are cut down. Cut down…

Apart from the comical nature of the whole scenario, which in the words of the late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, became a “rofo-rofo” argument – “I no be witch, you be witch!” the serious aspect calls for deep introspection. The definitive stance of Nigerian Pentecostalism in ensuring that the congregation admits to a label in order to facilitate the superiority and the power of the clergy calls for a deep review. The serious social implication of being labelled a witch is unimaginable. The stigma is one that pervades every aspect of the victim’s existence, leading to social and economic stigmatization and rejection, deteriorating quality of life, unimaginable vulnerabilities, including the possibility of being killed by a befuddled but outraged society. I was thinking that Pastor David Oyedepo was too suave and sophisticated to be caught in this age-old cheap Christianity stuff, albeit Helen Ukpabio style. Here again, I was proven wrong.

The proprietary or otherwise of ensuring that witches on earth are eliminated for Jesus is beyond me as I am not and has never been a student of theology. Nevertheless, daily knowledge of the Bible and common sense indicates that the whole purpose of Jesus mission on earth was to preach the good news based on love and forgiveness. He did not say based on violence, especially assault. Also, I vividly remember a part of the Holy Bible that states thus: “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged” (Matthew 7:1 and Luke 6:37). What came out of the brief video was a case of criminal assault on the part of Pastor David Oyedepo.

Here was a poor defenceless girl, who was obviously trying to pass a message that was lost in the ambiguities of semantics to a pastor who was either too impatient or too naive to understand what she was trying to say. What she got in return was an unprovoked assault.

The question is must everyone who kneels down in front of a pastor admits to being a witch even if he/she is convinced that she is not? What message was the poor girl trying to pass to the ignorant pastor? Would it have served a better purpose if the pastor had asked the girl for an explanation of what she meant by her unusual statement? Why was the poor girl assaulted by the pastor? Is this case for the Nigerian Police to look into? Every human being has the fundamental right to freedom of religious practice and expression. If it must be stressed very hard here, witchcraft inclusive (if there was ever anything of such). The poor girl from Imo State defiantly stood her ground despite the intimidating presence of Pastor Oyedepo and his unprovoked assault. The story would perhaps have been different if she had admitted to being a witch who meets with colleagues at a defined coven.

Then Pastor Oyedepo would have been happy and the mesmerized congregation would have erupted with abundant shouts of Halleluyah. But the girl from Imo was determined to spoil the show for our garrulous pastor and she got what she did not bargained for, a very hot slap! Even a member of Pastor Oyedepo’s staff was aghast. Please watch the video and see the gentleman’s reaction. His jaw dropped open when the pastor was putting up the show of shame – slapping the poor little girl.

Instances as the type demonstrated by Pastor Oyedepo, would in other climes lead to a very urgent government regulation of the conduct and proceedings of so-called faith revivals or crusades. It would also have led to instant arrest and prosecution of this ignorant pastor. The essence of ensuring that no citizen is harassed or molested in the expression of faith or religious belief would be rigorously pursued and protected. This, unfortunately, is not the case with Nigeria. Nigerian pastors behave as if they are Gods or something very close. They behave as if they are above the law. They show contempt and disrespect to their congregation. The only affection is for the currency that rolls out of the congregation pockets. The Nigerian populace, on its part, has shown an alarming tolerance and unbelievable stupidity in the face of this perfidy. We have continued to clap where we should have frowned at the frivolousness and debased behaviour of the impostors who have mortgaged our collective spirituality.

Pastor David Oyedepo needs to be told in clear terms that he went beyond the confines of civilized behaviour and the etiquettes required of someone occupying his type of office. If there was something he shamelessly committed in that barbaric piece, it was nothing but assault. The poor girl from Imo State deserves an unreserved apology from the powerful and rich Pastor David Oyedepo. Again, I anxiously await the response of the Nigerian community to this video of shame. I await, most especially, the response of our extensive Human Rights community and the legion of non-governmental organisations committed to protecting the rights of Nigerian females. Here is a poor and defenceless girl who was assaulted by a rich and powerful pastor. Her case calls for urgent support to pass home the message of civility even in the conduct of religious programmes. It is either Pastor Oyedepo apologises or is taken to court. There seems to be no other option.

The truth needs to be told that Nigerian Pastors are not Gods. They are mere mortals plainly benefitting from the stupidity of the mesmerized populace. They are charlatans and sycophants who are benefitting immensely from the ignorance of the masses. While we stupidly follow some smart crooks wearing the toga of pastors, the larger world has left us behind, making stupendous progress in the field of science and technology. We boast of the highest number of churches per streets in the world, our social and moral fabrics remain in tatters. Our crime record is monumental while social instability and insecurity remain our abiding bed fellows. The Nigerian socio-political terrace remains a mess, our political leadership tottering from unforgivable indecision to unbelievable corruption whilst promulgation of anti-people policies remains the order of the day. The name Nigerian is not an enamoured piece.

The constitutional role of the Nigeria Police Force comes into play in this debased scenario. A moribund organization mired in endemic corruption and stagnated by lack of efficiency and good will. Naturally, I expected the police to have swung into action unprompted. Video evidences are credible evidences as have been demonstrated in more civilized countries. No doubt, the Nigeria Police do not see anything wrong in the video under discourse. Even if something had been wrong, the personality involved would have created a hindrance. The Nigeria Police Force needs to remove itself from its self-imposed shackles and be more responsive to its responsibilities. A Nigerian citizen has just been assaulted and urgent action is required.

While boiling with indignation on the injustices inherent in this video of shame, once again, from a member of the discredited Nigerian Pentecostal fold, I hasten to add that ultimate justice is in the hands of God, and of course, in that of the Nigerian people. We shall make of our country and of our society whatever we desired it to be[b]. Over to fellow Nigerians![/b]

Dr Olusegun Fakoya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by youngies(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^
"He who fetches an ant infested firewood, has inadvently invited lizards for a feast"
WORDS of our people.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by cantell(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
youngies:

^^
"He who fetches an ant infested firewood, has inadvently invited lizards for a feast"
WORDS of our people.
Nwa afo.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by youngies(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Cantell

The gods are wise!
You reap what you sow
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
dare2think:

Wonders would never cease in our dear country but a melodrama bothering on criminality was recently introduced. I have never been befuddled about the Nigerian mess but the dramatic situation presented by the ever savvy, ambitious and suave businessman precipitate pastor, in the person of Pastor Oyedepo was another sore show.

Our ever vigilant and dynamic online press have remained the conscience of the nation so far, especially in these perilous times when Nigeria badly cries for a human representation of the same quality. The shame that Nigeria has become is ever manifested on daily basis and no arm of the decadent edifice has lived up to the broom in the ethical and conscience stake. Our political class remains our ever abiding albatross whilst our religious leaders actively partake in the growing shame. As someone once said, the name Nigeria has become a shame to behold.

No politician in Nigeria today is worth the salt, which is the sad truth. No political party is out to redeem the situation, which is another truth Nigerians have to learn. If there is any doubt about the latter, a trip to Lagos State where the might of the state is overbearing against the legitimate aspiration of the citizenry in the boiling issue of the Lekki Toll plaza would convince any doubting Thomas. I have the greatest respect for Pastor David Oyedepo. Not as a man of God but as a good specimen of the Nigerian breed. Here is a savvy and suave business man who knows how to exploit what he has to achieve and consecrate what he desires.

Pastor Oyedepo has built a business empire in the name of a religion. He has through good business sense and unparallel sagacity fed the gullible with the much exploited opium to achieve his material success in life. He remains the first Nigerian man of the robe to purchase a private jet. He is also the first to start the business of private universities. He is sleek and very intelligent. His world-wide business has his children manning the most viable branches overseas. Of course, I am referring to his church branches. He has ensured that even when he is no longer on the stage, the family business would remain solidly within the family confinement.

With all the firsts this suave business man has achieved, it was a surprise to watch a video detailing an unknown quality of this so-called man of God. I watched with mouth aghast! Transparency for Nigeria, in its online edition of 18th December 2011, under the headline: Pastor Oyedepo turned violent on the pulpit, showed a video containing very disturbing contents. (Vide above)

I had always felt that some pastors were too intelligent to be caught partaking in the shame of witch hunting. I had always felt that Helen Ukpabio remained the empress in this unholy game. Little did I know that even the so-called intelligent ones actively took part in this shameful debacle. It is now clear that the whole of Christendom in Nigeria is built on fallacies, extortion and hood-winking. The Helen Ukpabio league actually applies to our so-called men of God, the agents of Mormon keeping the people in perpetual bondage and slavery.

The scene was a typical revival or crusade-like environment common amongst Nigerian Pentecostals. Few girls and boys were kneeling down on the stage in front of Pastor Oyedepo surrounded by his army of body guards and lieutenants. The video started with a girl who claimed to have come from Imo State. The video went as follows:

Pastor: You have been there for how long? (Question apparently in reference to membership of witchcraft).

Pastor: (Shaking with uncontrolled disbelief and anger) You are a foul devil. Do you know whom you are talking to? Foul devil (this was followed by a very hot slap!!)

Pastor: Jesus has no witches. You are a devil. You are not set for deliverance and you are free to go to hell.

Pastor: Every one of you on this front that speaks a lie, you are cut down. Cut down…

Apart from the comical nature of the whole scenario, which in the words of the late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, became a “rofo-rofo” argument – “I no be witch, you be witch!” the serious aspect calls for deep introspection. The definitive stance of Nigerian Pentecostalism in ensuring that the congregation admits to a label in order to facilitate the superiority and the power of the clergy calls for a deep review. The serious social implication of being labelled a witch is unimaginable. The stigma is one that pervades every aspect of the victim’s existence, leading to social and economic stigmatization and rejection, deteriorating quality of life, unimaginable vulnerabilities, including the possibility of being killed by a befuddled but outraged society. I was thinking that Pastor David Oyedepo was too suave and sophisticated to be caught in this age-old cheap Christianity stuff, albeit Helen Ukpabio style. Here again, I was proven wrong.

The proprietary or otherwise of ensuring that witches on earth are eliminated for Jesus is beyond me as I am not and has never been a student of theology. Nevertheless, daily knowledge of the Bible and common sense indicates that the whole purpose of Jesus mission on earth was to preach the good news based on love and forgiveness. He did not say based on violence, especially assault. Also, I vividly remember a part of the Holy Bible that states thus: “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged” (Matthew 7:1 and Luke 6:37). What came out of the brief video was a case of criminal assault on the part of Pastor David Oyedepo.

Here was a poor defenceless girl, who was obviously trying to pass a message that was lost in the ambiguities of semantics to a pastor who was either too impatient or too naive to understand what she was trying to say. What she got in return was an unprovoked assault.

The question is must everyone who kneels down in front of a pastor admits to being a witch even if he/she is convinced that she is not? What message was the poor girl trying to pass to the ignorant pastor? Would it have served a better purpose if the pastor had asked the girl for an explanation of what she meant by her unusual statement? Why was the poor girl assaulted by the pastor? Is this case for the Nigerian Police to look into? Every human being has the fundamental right to freedom of religious practice and expression. If it must be stressed very hard here, witchcraft inclusive (if there was ever anything of such). The poor girl from Imo State defiantly stood her ground despite the intimidating presence of Pastor Oyedepo and his unprovoked assault. The story would perhaps have been different if she had admitted to being a witch who meets with colleagues at a defined coven.

Then Pastor Oyedepo would have been happy and the mesmerized congregation would have erupted with abundant shouts of Halleluyah. But the girl from Imo was determined to spoil the show for our garrulous pastor and she got what she did not bargained for, a very hot slap! Even a member of Pastor Oyedepo’s staff was aghast. Please watch the video and see the gentleman’s reaction. His jaw dropped open when the pastor was putting up the show of shame – slapping the poor little girl.

Instances as the type demonstrated by Pastor Oyedepo, would in other climes lead to a very urgent government regulation of the conduct and proceedings of so-called faith revivals or crusades. It would also have led to instant arrest and prosecution of this ignorant pastor. The essence of ensuring that no citizen is harassed or molested in the expression of faith or religious belief would be rigorously pursued and protected. This, unfortunately, is not the case with Nigeria. Nigerian pastors behave as if they are Gods or something very close. They behave as if they are above the law. They show contempt and disrespect to their congregation. The only affection is for the currency that rolls out of the congregation pockets. The Nigerian populace, on its part, has shown an alarming tolerance and unbelievable stupidity in the face of this perfidy. We have continued to clap where we should have frowned at the frivolousness and debased behaviour of the impostors who have mortgaged our collective spirituality.

Pastor David Oyedepo needs to be told in clear terms that he went beyond the confines of civilized behaviour and the etiquettes required of someone occupying his type of office. If there was something he shamelessly committed in that barbaric piece, it was nothing but assault. The poor girl from Imo State deserves an unreserved apology from the powerful and rich Pastor David Oyedepo. Again, I anxiously await the response of the Nigerian community to this video of shame. I await, most especially, the response of our extensive Human Rights community and the legion of non-governmental organisations committed to protecting the rights of Nigerian females. Here is a poor and defenceless girl who was assaulted by a rich and powerful pastor. Her case calls for urgent support to pass home the message of civility even in the conduct of religious programmes. It is either Pastor Oyedepo apologises or is taken to court. There seems to be no other option.

The truth needs to be told that Nigerian Pastors are not Gods. They are mere mortals plainly benefitting from the stupidity of the mesmerized populace. They are charlatans and sycophants who are benefitting immensely from the ignorance of the masses. While we stupidly follow some smart crooks wearing the toga of pastors, the larger world has left us behind, making stupendous progress in the field of science and technology. We boast of the highest number of churches per streets in the world, our social and moral fabrics remain in tatters. Our crime record is monumental while social instability and insecurity remain our abiding bed fellows. The Nigerian socio-political terrace remains a mess, our political leadership tottering from unforgivable indecision to unbelievable corruption whilst promulgation of anti-people policies remains the order of the day. The name Nigerian is not an enamoured piece.

The constitutional role of the Nigeria Police Force comes into play in this debased scenario. A moribund organization mired in endemic corruption and stagnated by lack of efficiency and good will. Naturally, I expected the police to have swung into action unprompted. Video evidences are credible evidences as have been demonstrated in more civilized countries. No doubt, the Nigeria Police do not see anything wrong in the video under discourse. Even if something had been wrong, the personality involved would have created a hindrance. The Nigeria Police Force needs to remove itself from its self-imposed shackles and be more responsive to its responsibilities. A Nigerian citizen has just been assaulted and urgent action is required.

While boiling with indignation on the injustices inherent in this video of shame, once again, from a member of the discredited Nigerian Pentecostal fold, I hasten to add that ultimate justice is in the hands of God, and of course, in that of the Nigerian people. We shall make of our country and of our society whatever we desired it to be[b]. Over to fellow Nigerians![/b]

Dr Olusegun Fakoya
Na u oh. U sat down to write this? U are very jobless.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by nimma(f): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
What amazes me with Nigerians is the fact that we ignore pressing issues and major on issues that shouldnt even be an issue in the first place. But when they are tired of talking, they will keep quiet, just like they got tired of talking about the schools and jets. Our politicians are hoodwinking us, president and vice's feeding is almost a billion naira , but we comment little about those. This attitude of majoring on minor issues is why the country is still the way it is.!!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by stagger: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
People always envy successful people. No be today!

And the long dissertation from Dr Fakoya?

A load of rubbish! Clearly lacks an understanding of the issues involved, especially for a man who should be very much at home with these issues considering where he comes from. He probably does not travel home and does not know the things that his forefathers were doing before Christianity came.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by quomo: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2011
I have watched and read with sadness how a biased Op single handedly manipulated almost the entire Nairaland people to a point that certain respondents were in frenzy. Unbridled aggression and irresponsible comments were posted by people just because they felt overly self righteous. I guess a number of them would have been regaling tales of how they shut saner people up by calling them names and making the loudest noise.
What a pity.
50% of those who came out with smoking guns did so because the MOG is familiar and well known.
Intelligence really goes beyond throwing together a few words and repeating them to yourself to see if it makes a little sense.
Shiloh 2010 is a year gone and this clip (being touted by a tainted mind) does not do justice to the entire recording of the service in which this incident happened.
A sincere person would have gone for the complete picture in order to make a better assessment, but I guess with the retinue of atheists and unchristianly people nairaland has, that will never happen.
I expect that my post will draw out a few worms who dwell in the woodwork of controversy. I am not bothered, neither do I give much attention to such posters.
I only wish you dont get overly consumed by hate and die before your time as a result of your ill conceived notions.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by kulutempa: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nigerians have a very strange way of justifying the unjustifiable.   If a Nigerian thief is caught stealing yams in the market, his defence would usually be along the lines of:  "what about the thief who stole mangos yesterday?"   As if that proves his innocence.  His thinking is that because yesterday's thief was not caught, he should be let go.    In case you are wondering the relevance of this,  it is a counterpoint to what the OP said about Imams.  We are talking about a pastor assaulting a young girl, and that is what concerns people for now.  When the Imam is caught on video drinking ogogoro in the mosque his turn will come.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by mikeapollo: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
pobey:

I have seen undue attention Nairaland users pay to the Bishop and his pastor Enoch Adeboye, i.e from expensive university to planes and recently slapping, What of the imams nobody mentions them,

Anyway i like the moslems they would have launched jihad on Seun if this nairaland has posted criticisms on any of their highly placed imams,alfas or ustaz, kudos to my moslem brothers.

Talking about the slapping,if it were my moslem clerics we would have killed or beheaded the girl if she did not accept our doctrine or religion period, slapping is too gentle for us

My friend, the greatest attention has never been on Oyedepo or Adeboye. The greatest attention, whether in terms of persecution or praise, has been on TB Joshua. The difference isTB Joahua has consistently demonstrated the fruits of the anointing on him and has been able to cpnvince more doubting Thomases through his  accurate predictions,preaching, humility,miracles and charity works, while t the other pastors have been showing the stuff they are made of, whether by slapping an innocent girl, buying and flying private jets, operating the most expensive schools beyond the reach of their members and being bootlickers of presidents, governors etc
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by LesbianBoy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
@dare2think, wow you actually had time to type all that?!, na wa o, I have been reading ur post anytime topic about oyedepo comes up and I support ur opinions but I must say u r really jobless o, for u to have time to type all that!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
Maybe you haven't noticed the undue attention paid by "Christians" on sinners like me? If they'd left me in peace, I would not aim to leave them in pieces. Christians are the biggest busy bodies; get into their business a bit and they start whining.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by hbrednic: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
animal kingdom,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
Lol @ lesbian boy,

I actually copied and pasted it from another poster's post.

I copied it because I agree with the content.

@nycenuf

I guess your silly eyes missed the author since you can't be bothered to read it, yet you can comment on my joblessness.

Typical ignorant behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by olawalebabs(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
@op can't you post without accussing the muslims, which muslim cleric have you seen that want to deliver a witch. Pls grow up
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by go4value(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
smiley
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Skywalker5(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
pobey:

Can u imagine the rubbish you are saying? so it alright for her to be slapped ?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Oba234: 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
Don't really pay attention to Nigerian pastors. I only learned their names from Nairaland, but other than that, what concerns me? I am more into politics/politicians.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Goshen360(m): 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ Poster, to answer your question in my understanding of the biblical issues

1. People are easily moved by their eyes, we tend to measure success by wealth not minding the source of the wealth. Man looks on the outside but God looks on the inside.

2. It's easier for people these days to listen to their preachers (messengers) rather than listen to God and Holy Spirit by reading and studying the bible.

3. I was formerly a member of Rccg in my polytechnic days and members of winners' chapel after my school days. Until I decided to stay with the Holy Spirit by myself, study the bible, allow the Holy Spirit to give me understanding/revelations and I do not allow myself to be moved by miracles (even though I believe in miracles yet with cautions from the bible still.), jets and wealth of any man of God because godliness with contentment is a great gain. Hence, I rather pay attention to the lifestyle of a man of God, teachings and practice in the body of Christ and confirm with the bible teachings.

4. My personal conviction (from the biblical view. You don’t have to share my view but I speak the bible truth anyway) led me away from winners’ chapel, Oyedepo church as we do not have anything such as practices of mantles, handkerchiefs, drinking anointing oil and feet washing is not doctrines of Christ. Is it recorded in the bible? Yes. The fact that it is recorded in the bible does not make it a practice and if the fact that it is recorded in the bible makes it right, then the Celestial churches will be right taking people to beach/river for bath, giving people special soap and doing some sort of rituals, then the Catholics will be right praying to Holy Mary/her image etc.

5. On issue of universities they established that is unaffordable to 95% of their members paying tithes, offerings and special donation and yet, only these greater percentage of their members cannot afford tuitions except for the rich or super rich. This is injustice as establishing a university by churches is unbiblical and not part of the missions given by Christ to His disciples.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by stede(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
dare2think:

Dr Olusegun Fakoya

So you took your time to write all this, segun fakoya, You no get work ooh,
You r such a jobless human being
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
Pathetic. You actually do not blame to gullible people who are easily brainwashed and mind-controlled by many Pentecostal pastors. Nothing really wrong in flying jets and all. Using resources gotten from congregation should not be any one's business. Slapping a lady however is sickening and if you do not see anything wrong in that, there is certainly something wrong with you. You need to be pitied is you saw nothing wrong in slapping a kid like that.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Lijoes: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
how many pages is this
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by canadaik(m): 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2011
nice write up @daretothink, i agree with the contents, lots and lots of spiritual leaders who are supposed to be role models in humility and leaders in civilized manners end up on the contrary, signs of the end, God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by cicero(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
Because it is normal for children to throw stones at trees with ripe, juicy fruits.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2011

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by doctokwus: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2011
There is so much attention on Oyedepo bc he physically abused an INNOCENT young girl;he equated himself to God by condemning her to hell& has d audacity to justify his actions in a latter interview.D man is simply a violent a conman& d tragedy is that some of his followers despite his actions& his materialistic acquisitions still do not see this
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by cicero(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
goshen360:

@ Poster, to answer your question in my understanding of the biblical issues

1. People are easily moved by their eyes, we tend to measure success by wealth not minding the source of the wealth. Man looks on the outside but God looks on the inside.

2. It's easier for people these days to listen to their preachers (messengers) rather than listen to God and Holy Spirit by reading and studying the bible.

3. I was formerly a member of Rccg in my polytechnic days and members of winners' chapel after my school days. Until I decided to stay with the Holy Spirit by myself, study the bible, allow the Holy Spirit to give me understanding/revelations and I do not allow myself to be moved by miracles (even though I believe in miracles yet with cautions from the bible still.), jets and wealth of any man of God because godliness with contentment is a great gain. Hence, I rather pay attention to the lifestyle of a man of God, teachings and practice in the body of Christ and confirm with the bible teachings.

4. My personal conviction (from the biblical view. You don’t have to share my view but I speak the bible truth anyway) led me away from winners’ chapel, Oyedepo church as we do not have anything such as practices of mantles, handkerchiefs, drinking anointing oil and feet washing is not doctrines of Christ. Is it recorded in the bible? Yes. The fact that it is recorded in the bible does not make it a practice and if the fact that it is recorded in the bible makes it right, then the Celestial churches will be right taking people to beach/river for bath, giving people special soap and doing some sort of rituals, then the Catholics will be right praying to Holy Mary/her image etc.

5. On issue of universities they established that is unaffordable to 95% of their members paying tithes, offerings and special donation and yet, only these greater percentage of their members cannot afford tuitions except for the rich or super rich. This is injustice as establishing a university by churches is unbiblical and not part of the missions given by Christ to His disciples.

1. Yes people are easily moved by what they see, that was how God caught the attention of Moses, that is perfectly normal with human beings and Jesus used it to catch the attention of his listeners.
2. How can you listen to God whom you cannot see when you can listen to the pastors you can see? God said He will give us pastors after His heart. Have you not read in the scriptures where Paul wrote to his spiritual children to follow him as he follows Christ?
3. You come across to me as a spiritual prostitute running from pillar to post. The same Holy Spirit asked followers of Christ not to forsake the gathering of themselves together, and to esteem our spiritual leaders highly and to share our material goods with them.
4. You just said the Holy Spirit gives you understanding, are you the only person that the Holy Spirit gives understanding? What if the practices you refer to are a product of understanding given by the Holy Spirit to some other person? What if you are scratching the surface in your 'walk with the Holy Spirit' and as such you are too immature to receive some deep truth?
5. Now this is where I am pissed with bigots like you. How much do you think it costs to establish and run an institution of high academic excellence? Years ago people like you took schools from the church and now we have more miscreants running around and creating fear every where. Have you sat down to consider the long term effect of taking schools from churches? Now you are saying it's not biblical for churches to own school. The Nigerian educational system collapsed after schools were taken over by the government, so shut up and don't dabble into what you know nothing about.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by cicero(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
doctokwus:

There is so much attention on Oyedepo bc he physically abused an INNOCENT young girl;he equated himself to God by condemning her to hell& has d audacity to[b] justify his actions in a latter interview[/b].D man is simply a violent a conman& d tragedy is that some of his followers despite his actions& his materialistic acquisitions still do not see this
Which interview was that?
Do you think you can see? What makes him a conman? has he conned you of anything? Has he violated you or any of your family members.
You claim to fight for the innocent yet you seat behind your desktop to accuse a man you will never make the kind of positive impact he has made in Nigeria even if you live up to 70 years. Shame on you. Hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To God's General - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? / RCCG 2021 Holy Ghost Congress; The Siege Is Over!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.