Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Glo 2011 Xmas Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 2011 Xmas Promo (2585 Views)

See The Comparison Of Cost Of Data Plan In 2011 And 2016 (All Networks) / New Xmas Promo: Mtn And Glo Introduces 3gb For ₦300, 1.5gb For ₦1,000 / Brand New Blackberry Bold 5 For Sale Xmas Promo 70,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2011
Glo Xmas Promo:

Festive Season is here again! Time of the year when customers are looking forward to some promotions and benefits. This time around we want to launch something Fresh, Novel and Different. We are saying to customers: “Receive calls on your GLO line and become a millionaire”. That’s the season’s promo from GLO this year.
How it works
For every one minute of Call received, customers get an entry for the Draw. For example – if I receive 3 minutes 40 seconds of call, I get 3 entries, so on and so forth. The length of the incoming Call MUST be a minute or more to get an entry. More calls you receive, higher your chances of becoming a millionaire.
The message to customer is “I can become a millionaire for Free (Since incoming is FREE J ) – No recharge required, no outgoing required, no spend required, just sit back, receive calls and laugh your way to the bank!
There would be 200 millionaires in this season from this promotion!
100 millionaires for receiving calls and another 100 millionaires for people who help their friends receive a call (by calling them i.e. by helping them receive the calls)
Another important point is one can become a millionaire on receiving calls from other networks as well!!!
For more information on this promotion or Frequently Asked Questions, Click here.

Source: http://www.gloworld.com/xmas.asp

FAQ:
2011 End of Year Promotion 2011- (FAQ)
Background:
To celebrate the 2011 Xmas and New Year festive season, Glo is introducing a promotional offer that makes customers millionaires on receiving calls. Customers stand to win millions without having to pay a dime for it.

Q-1: What is the Season’s Promotion for 2011-12?
Ans- The promotional offer is about customers getting the chance of becoming a MILLIONAIRE this Xmas by just receiving calls. The more the calls received, the more the chances of being a millionaire.

Q-2: How will I participate in this promotion?
Ans- All new and existing customers during the promo period stand the chance of winning. For every minute call received on the network during the period, gives the customer an entry. The more the entry, the more the chances of becoming a millionaire.

Q-3: Who can avail of the Xmas Promotion?
Ans- All New and Existing prepaid customers.

Q-4: Are Postpaid customers eligible?
A- Promotion is only for Prepaid customers.

Q-5: How do I earn points for the promo?
Ans- Subscribers get points for incoming calls above 1 minute duration. Subscriber earns 1 point for every minute of incoming call. All those who called the subscriber who wins will also stand a chance of becoming a millionaire.

Q-6: How do I know my entry status?
Ans- Subscribers will receive 2 daily notification messages with their points balance and points earned.

Q-7: How is my entry point calculated?
Ans- Every minute of a call received earns you a point in the promo.

Q-8: Will I earn points on cumulative calls i.e will 2 calls of 30 seconds each earn me 1 full point?
Ans- NO. A call of less than a minute does not qualify for promo entry. Points are not earned on cumulative duration. A call must be up to 1 minute for it to qualify for promo entry.

Q-9: Would free night call be counted along with the entries (both receiving and calling)?
Ans- Free night calls received or originated will not qualify for promo entry.

Q-10: Does the promo cover International numbers (initiating the call) & Prepaid roaming lines?
Ans- International calls and roaming events will qualify for entry.

Q-11: What is the duration of the promotion?
Ans- The promotional offer will run throughout the festive season of Xmas into the New year and will end when management decides to call it off.

Q-12: How many winners will emerge during the promo period and how will they be selected?
Ans- 200 winners will emerge during the promo period. Winners will emerge via a lucky dip to be organized internally.

Q-13: How will winners be contacted?
Ans- Glo Customer Care representative will make an outbound call to the emerged winners based on company’s standard and requirement.

Q-14: Is there any condition for customers to meet to be a winner?
Ans- The only condition is to stretch the calls to more than a minute or more so that the more the minutes of call, the higher the entries for draw.

Q-15: Does one win only on receiving calls or making calls?
Ans- One can win on making an outgoing call as well. For example -If 1 person wins a million for receiving calls, all the people who called this winner will be drawn and they will also stand a chance to win a million. So a customer gets a chance to win when he receives a call and also when he calls others!!

Q-16: Is there any way a customer could find out his number of entries for the draw?
Ans- Customers will get a notification 2 times daily updating them on their number of entries as at that day.

Q-17: What’s the message to our customers?
Ans- With Glo, you stand a chance to become a millionaire on receiving calls. So circulate your number to all your friends (on glo and other networks) to call you and help you become a millionaire. If you help your friend become a millionaire by calling him/her, you also stand a chance to become a millionaire for making that outgoing call.

Q-18: How frequently will draws be held? Weekly, Monthly?
Ans- Fortnightly.

Q-19: Will calls initiated from the promo/bonus account be included in this promo (both receiving and calling)?
Ans- Calls initiated from promo/bonus account will not qualify for promo entry.

Q-20: Will calls received from postpaid customer qualify for promo entry
Ans- Postpaid events are excluded from promo.

Q-21: When will the promo start?
Ans- Promo started with effect from Tuesday 20th of December, 2012 and will be for 50 days, therefore ending on the 8th of February 2012.

Q-22: When will the promo end?
Ans- Promo will be on throughout the Xmas and will enter into the New Year. It will end when Management decides to call it off.

Source: http://www.gloworld.com/pdf/xmasfaq.pdf
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2011
I pray I will win this time around in Jesus name AMEN.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Konnektions146(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
me too,amen
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by mightyleks(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
guy i recieved more than 1mins call 4times 2day and glo did nt notify me must u b on a special plan.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
mightyleks:

guy i recieved more than 1mins call 4times 2day and glo did nt notify me must u b on a special plan.
It has nothing to do with 'special plan', it is purely for all prepaid lines. Remember, the draw is not daily but, fortnightly, which means every 2 weeks or 14 days. Please, read the FAQ very well.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by mightyleks(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
But u said we will b notified with our points hw do we knw hw many points we have na.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by learnit: 6:22am On Dec 28, 2011
let them give us access to internet without any bandwidth or megabyte and there and then I will be happy because i will make more legal cash from my blog and website
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Emeka72(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2011
Dat promo is useless 419 promo; complete rubbish I'm never interested in dat kind of foolish promo.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2011
Emeka 7.:

Dat promo is useless 419 promo; complete rubbish I'm never interested in dat kind of foolish promo.
How is it useless? And how is it a 419 promo? So, what you are telling me now is that, receiving calls on my GLO line is now a crime. Na waooo.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2011
mightyleks:

But u said we will b notified with our points hw do we knw hw many points we have na.
Since they are the ones to notify subscribers of their points, it is their own to do so. Meanwhile, calling customer care may be of help too.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by sniperwolf(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
Okay
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Emeka72(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
If dey are sincere nd genuinely want to do bonanza, let dem give free calls\txt\WAP Brows¡ng.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by luluosas(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2011
luluosas:

Since they are the ones to notify subscribers of their points, it is their own to do so. Meanwhile, calling customer care may be of help too.
This is the text message Glo just sent me now.
Time: 3.29pm
Sender: Glo
Wow! You just earned 45 point. Your total points in the Glo Season's Promo is 113. Keep talking to earn more points and win N1m. Expect More!
I pray again. Father in Heaven, make me a millionaire this Season in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Emeka72(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2011
To be sincere, Glo is really trying wit dier package. It's now d most economical network in d sense dat u make glo-glo calls nd txt for free.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by psalmolaw: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2012
wat is the maximum point someone will reach to qualify him or her to win the one million?
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Emeka72(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2012
Which N1m?
Abeg if dey ar sincere with promo, let dem give us freebies frm thier products.
Re: Glo 2011 Xmas Promo by Emeka72(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
Glo didn't do bonanza with thier WAP service.

(1) (Reply)

Your-freedom Vouchers Needed / How To Get MTN 100MB And How To Use It. / Best Phone(s) 30K Can Afford Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.