Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Touch Not Mine Anointed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Touch Not Mine Anointed (1972 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
Touch Not Mine Anointed

"And |David| said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD" (1 Samuel 24:6)

These words have been widely misappropriated in later times as a warning to any who would presume to question or rebuke an erring pastor or other Christian leader. In the theocracy of Israel, there were three groups of men specially chosen by God and then anointed for their offices--prophets, priests, and kings--and God indeed "suffered no man to do them wrong" (Psalm 105:14). However, all three offices were completely fulfilled in Christ. The Levitical priesthood has been abolished, and Christ is our eternal high priest. The prophetic office ceased with the completion of the Scriptures, and Christ has inherited David's throne forever.

As far as New Testament anointing is concerned, this is now accomplished in every true believer. "Now he which . . . hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts" (2 Corinthians 1:21-22). No longer are we dependent on special instruction and guidance from priests and prophets, for we have the inerrant, infallible, written Word of God, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. "The anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him" (1 John 2:27).

Christians can, and should, learn and grow spiritually from godly teachers of the Word and faithful pastors of the flock, but all--leaders as well as learners--must continually be subject to correction from God's Word, "neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by PastorKun(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Olaadegbu
For once you are making sense even though as usual, it is copy and paste tongue
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@Olaadegbu
For once you are making sense even though as usual, it is copy and paste tongue

I can see that you are now a pastor who has gathered all those spiritual rebels that refuse to pay their tithes and offerings. God have mercy on them poor souls. cry

Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by italo: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2011
There is nothing God cannot do o. Olaadegbu can make sense like this sha. . . *dancing for joy*
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by Enigma(m): 9:38am On Dec 22, 2011
I'd like to emphasise an aspect of that 1 John 2:27 passage.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

The bit that I have highlighted in bold is extremely important both didactically and practically.

First: you do not need anyone. Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- You do not need an MOG!
-- You do not need a bishop!
-- You do not need an "apostle"!
-- You do not need a pope!
-- You do not need a reverend!
-- You do not need an archbishop!
-- You do not need a cardinal!
-- You do not need a pastor!
-- You do not need etc etc etc!

Of course people older or simply wiser in the faith can be helpful for advice, counsel, better understanding, accountability, comfort, performing some 'rites' etc etc. However, strictly speaking you do not need them . . . . .

But you do not need them for what?

You do not need them for knowing and understanding the mind and the law of God generally.

You do not need them to know e.g.: that stealing is bad; that cheating is bad; that receiving stolen money/property (which some claiming to be Christians were defending) is bad; that refusing to return stolen money/property (again which some claiming to be Christians were defending) is bad; that corruption as a public officer is bad; that treating the poor and weaker (e.g. your boy boy or maid) cruelly is bad; etc etc etc

Even where you do not know for sure whether something is bad, the witness within will often be giving you some ("amber or red"wink warnings.

This is what it means that you don't need anyone.

And why don't you need anyone? Because
the anointing you received from {the Holy One} remains in you

Can any cardinal, pope, archbishop, pastor etc etc etc give you an anointing at all let alone to equal or exceed that you have received from the Holy One?  In fact many modern day MOGs teach things contrary to the word of God that it can even be better to just sit at home, read the Bible and meditate on Jesus' and biblical teaching; let the anointing from the Holy One work and stir up the gift within oneself rather than be contaminated by so-called MOGs whose consciences have been seared.

O how I really wish Christians will pay sufficient attention to this passage and its context:
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

cool
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2012
Enigma:

This is what it means that you don't need anyone.

And why don't you need anyone? Because
Can any cardinal, pope, archbishop, pastor etc etc etc give you an anointing at all let alone to equal or exceed that you have received from the Holy One? In fact many modern day MOGs teach things contrary to the word of God that it can even be better to just sit at home, read the Bible and meditate on Jesus' and biblical teaching; let the anointing from the Holy One work and stir up the gift within oneself rather than be contaminated by so-called MOGs whose consciences have been seared.

O how I really wish Christians will pay sufficient attention to this passage and its context:
cool

In as much as I agree with your submission above we should take note of the excerpts below:

OLAADEGBU:

Touch Not Mine Anointed

Christians can, and should, learn and grow spiritually from godly teachers of the Word and faithful pastors of the flock, but all--leaders as well as learners--must continually be subject to correction from God's Word, "neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3). HMM

For more . . . .

"Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the Church of God, which He has purchased with His own blood" (Acts 20:28).

"And I will give you pastors according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding" (Jeremiah 3:15).

"Take heed to yourself, and to the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this you shall both save yourself, and them that hear you" (1 Timothy 4:16).

Christians are enjoined to learn and grow spiritually under faithful pastors who themselves are submissive to correction from God's Word in the Bible. No one is above the Bible, and they should be at the forefront of showing good examples leading examplary lives not lording it over God's people.
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Touch Not Mine Anointed

"And |David| said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD" (1 Samuel 24:6)

These words have been widely misappropriated in later times as a warning to any who would presume to question or rebuke an erring pastor or other Christian leader.

I am not by any measure discounting the value of your post by cutting out a lot - but the Bible encourages us to grow in knowledge and understanding and with it; Wisdom. While I do not discount the value of Teachers of the word. I think 99% of Christian Growth is should be derived from the teachings of the Holy Spirit as a Guide not Man

I John 2:27 "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, you shall abide in him."

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."

2 Corinthians 3:5-6 "not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

Ephesians 1:17-18 "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe"

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. "

John 16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come."
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

I am not by any measure discounting the value of your post by cutting out a lot - but the Bible encourages us to grow in knowledge and understanding and with it; Wisdom. While I do not discount the value of Teachers of the word. I think 99% of Christian Growth is should be derived from the teachings of the Holy Spirit as a Guide not Man

It is also true that God has given us apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry and for the edifying of the body of Christ. ( Read Ephesians 4:11-14).

"And I will give you pastors according to my heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding" (Jeremiah 3:15).

We should not allow bad apples and wolves in sheep's clothing to make us forsake the assembly of ourselves together in fellowship. (Hebrew 10:25). This is why we should pray about where we should fellowship and make sure it is a place that calls sin what it is, that calls a spade a spade and not just an agricultural equipment. It must be a place where they believe all the promises of God and not just the ones that suit them. It must be a place where the pastor treats his wife with respect and is loving, a man of the Word. He must have a humble heart and a gentle spirit, not a fighter ( or slapper) shocked His teaching should glorify God, magnify Jesus and edify the believers.
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by LogicMind: 1:02am On Jan 04, 2012
If these ramblings made sense to you, you need healing or stop whatever it is you are smoking.
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2012
Logic Mind:

If these ramblings made sense to you, you need healing or stop whatever it is you are smoking.

You must be smoking a stronger brand - cos I am catching your buzz right from my keyboard grin grin grin
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
Logic Mind:

You say you have a logical mind, how then do you end up saying I need healing for what makes sense? undecided If you want to know what drug 'am on its called the HG. cool
Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You must be smoking a stronger brand - cos I am catching your buzz right from my keyboard grin grin grin

What are you cooking from the devil's kitchen? cheesy

Re: Touch Not Mine Anointed by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2019
Touch not mine anointed revisited. cool

(1) (Reply)

Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? / The Devil Was The Cause Of All That Happened To You, God Wanted A Perfect Earth / Is Crossover Night Biblical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.