Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? (1981 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? / What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? / Why Doesnt Paul Quote Jesus? Have Been Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Since it was only Mary That's the physical human involved in the reproduction of Jesus, that means only the 23 chromosomes was contributed from mary's ovum.
So Jesus had just 23 chromosomes instead of the normal 46 chromosomes , except the holy spirit has chromosomes too,to complete the required number of chromosomes required to produce a normal healthy human.

Wait a minute,how did fertilization occurred?

Is there any interaction between the physical ovum and the holy spirit? What genetic constitution can the holy spirit contribute to the genetic constitution of Mary to develop baby Jesus?

How come Jesus is real?

Any sensible explanation?

3 Likes

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
The answer to your specific question cannot be found scientifically. Miracles are by nature, scientifically inexplicable.

However, on a general note, virgin births in many animal species are common, and result in the normal number of chromosomes. So scientific precedent exists.
Google 'parthenogenesis'.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Weah96: 12:37am On Nov 16, 2014
Abuamam:

However, on a general note, virgin births in many animal species are common, and result in the normal number of chromosomes. So scientific precedent exists.

What do you mean by normal chromosomes? Is it normal for the mom to contribute ALL of the alleles?

Parthenogenesis has never been observed in humans, and if it were to occur, the offspring will ALWAYS be a FEMALE. There would be no Y chromosome. EVER!

5 Likes

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:53am On Nov 16, 2014
@op, god doesn't do biology.

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:15am On Nov 16, 2014
In apomictic parthenogenesis, the offspring are clones of the mother and hence are usually (except for aphids) female. In the case of aphids, parthenogenetically produced males and females are clones of their mother except that the males lack one of the X chromosomes (XO).[22]

When meiosis is involved, the sex of the offspring will depend on the type of sex determination system and the type of apomixis. In species that use the XY sex-determination system, parthenogenetic offspring will have two X chromosomes and are female. In species that use the ZW sex-determination system the offspring genotype may be one of ZW (female),[18][19] ZZ (male), or WW (non-viable in most species[21] but a fertile,[dubious – discuss] viable female in a few (e.g., boas)).[21] ZW offspring are produced by endoreplication before meiosis or by central fusion.[18][19] ZZ and WW offspring occur either by terminal fusion[21] or by endomitosis in the egg cell.

In polyploid obligate parthenogens like the whiptail lizard, all the offspring are female.[17]

In many hymenopteran insects such as honeybees, female eggs are produced sexually, using sperm from a drone father, while the production of further drones (males) depends on the queen (and occasionally workers) producing unfertilised eggs. This means that females (workers and queens) are always diploid, while males (drones) are always haploid, and produced parthenogenetically.

I think the holy spirit was the drone.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Weah96: 1:33am On Nov 16, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

I think the holy spirit was the drone.

But the holy spirit isn't HUMAN though. A drone bee and a queen bee are still members of the same species.

A union with the holy spirit could not have produced a human being, let alone a MALE human.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:40am On Nov 16, 2014
Weah96:

But the holy spirit isn't HUMAN though. A drone bee and a queen bee are still members of the same species.

A union with the holy spirit could not have produced a human being, let alone a MALE human.

Then, it's Gabriel!
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by ayoku777(m): 2:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Dapo777:
Since it was only Mary That's the physical human involved in the reproduction of Jesus, that means only the 23 chromosomes was contributed from mary's ovum.
So Jesus had just 23 chromosomes instead of the normal 46 chromosomes , except the holy spirit has chromosomes too,to complete the required number of chromosomes required to produce a normal healthy human.

Wait a minute,how did fertilization occurred?

Is there any interaction between the physical ovum and the holy spirit? What genetic constitution can the holy spirit contribute to the genetic constitution of Mary to develop baby Jesus?

How come Jesus is real?

Any sensible explanation?

Questions like this are asked by people who don't believe in God or in the power of God. As Jesus told the pharisees of His day in Matthew 22v29

-Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, NOR THE POWER OF GOD.

In the first Messianic prophecy in the bible, God said in Genesis 3v15

-And I will put enmity between thee and the WOMAN, and between they seed and HER SEED; He shall bruise thy head and thou shall bruise His heel.

Here the Messiah is described as the "Seed of the woman". Now, naturally, a woman cannot have seed; women produce the egg while the man produces the seed that fertilizes the egg to produce the fruit of the womb.

But God said the woman will have a seed. So if God gave Mary the supernatural ability to produce both the seed and the egg that produced the humanity (flesh and blood) of Christ, then it means Mary did not need a man to supply the entire 46 chromosomes. She solely supplied it -with the power of God.

If you understand the power of God, then this question will be a no brainer. This question is borne out of a fundamental flaw that you don't believe in the scriptures or in the power of God.

If you can't fathom that of Christ, how will you fathom that of Adam, who didn't even have a mother or father? By your analysis, he shouldn't even have any chromosomes at all.

"Ye do err not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by ayoku777(m): 2:34am On Nov 16, 2014
Weah96:

And you're right, Christ's body or humanity was brought forth by the union of Mary and Mary; the union of the seed of the woman and the egg of the woman.

But one thing you shouldn't forget is that Jesus is the Word of God, and the word of God is Spirit. Just as every human being is fundamentally a spirit being, tabernacled in a soul that is tabernacled in a body (like your bone marrow, your bone and your fesh)

So Jesus is divinity tabernacled in humanity. He is the Word of God encapsulated in flesh and blood. The seed of the Word in the seed of the woman.

So I believe the Holy Spirit implanted the seed of the Word in the seed of the woman. I love to believe the humanity of Jesus was all Mary, with the supernatural help of the power of God, ofcourse -to produce both seed and egg.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David's descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?"
John 7:42

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Weah96: 3:10am On Nov 16, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Then, it's Gabriel!

Yes, he does have a p)enis, I suppose. Angel p)enis.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Weah96: 6:35am On Nov 16, 2014
ayoku777:

And you're right, Christ's body or humanity was brought forth by the union of Mary and Mary; the union of the seed of the woman and the egg of the woman.

But one thing you shouldn't forget is that Jesus is the Word of God, and the word of God is Spirit. Just as every human being is fundamentally a spirit being, tabernacled in a soul that is tabernacled in a body (like your bone marrow, your bone and your fesh)

So Jesus is divinity tabernacled in humanity. He is the Word of God encapsulated in flesh and blood. The seed of the Word in the seed of the woman.

So I believe the Holy Spirit implanted the seed of the Word in the seed of the woman. I love to believe the humanity of Jesus was all Mary, with the supernatural help of the power of God, ofcourse -to produce both seed and egg.

OK, if you say so. You seem pretty convinced.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
ayoku777:

In other words Mary was an hermaphrodite, she impregnated herself with her own seed.

Wow

We learn everyday
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Abuamam:
The answer to your specific question cannot be found scientifically. Miracles are by nature, scientifically inexplicable.

Is virgin birth possible in humans?
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
ayoku777:

Questions like this are asked by people who don't believe in God or in the power of God. As Jesus told the pharisees of His day in Matthew 22v29

-Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, NOR THE POWER OF GOD.

In the first Messianic prophecy in the bible, God said in Genesis 3v15

-And I will put enmity between thee and the WOMAN, and between they seed and HER SEED; He shall bruise thy head and thou shall bruise His heel.

Here the Messiah is described as the "Seed of the woman". Now, naturally, a woman cannot have seed; women produce the egg while the man produces the seed that fertilizes the egg to produce the fruit of the womb.

But God said the woman will have a seed. So if God gave Mary the supernatural ability to produce both the seed and the egg that produced the humanity (flesh and blood) of Christ, then it means Mary did not need a man to supply the entire 46 chromosomes. She solely supplied it -with the power of God.

If you understand the power of God, then this question will be a no brainer. This question is borne out of a fundamental flaw that you don't believe in the scriptures or in the power of God.

If you can't fathom that of Christ, how will you fathom that of Adam, who didn't even have a mother or father? By your analysis, he shouldn't even have any chromosomes at all.

"Ye do err not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

So God made Mary an hermaphrodite to produce Jesus?

Wow

We learn everyday
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dapo777:

Is virgin birth possible in humans?

Abuamam:

Didn't you see this part of my post?
To date, no other case of virgin birth has been related except that of Jesus. I do not believe that it is naturally possible. God used the virgin birth of Jesus as a sign. How He implemented the miracle is of total insignificance to the message.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by wiegraf: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
This thread deserves some award or something imo

xtian bros....

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
Haha. It gets worse if you are a Chrestard who believes in the Trinity. Mary must have had an orgy with her son, her son's dad and the other guy.

2 Likes

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by plaetton: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
More like. god doesn't know biology.

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by plaetton: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dapo777:

In other words Mary was an hermaphrodite, she impregnated herself with her own seed.

Wow

We learn everyday
Amazing.

1 Like

Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Abuamam:

Didn't you see this part of my post?
To date, no other case of virgin birth has been related except that of Jesus. I do not believe that it is naturally possible. God used the virgin birth of Jesus as a sign. How He implemented the miracle is of total insignificance to the message.

Since virgin birth isn't possible and God cannot go against his naturally assigned way of reproduction because God doesn't change his ways according to Christians then Jesus must be a myth. Just like the god dionysus was also born of a virgin.
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Rilwayne001: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Haha. It gets worse if you are a Chrestard who believes in the Trinity. Mary must have had an orgy with her son, her son's dad and the other guy.

grin grin
Re: Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dapo777:

Since virgin birth isn't possible and God cannot go against his naturally assigned way of reproduction because God doesn't change his ways according to Christians then Jesus must be a myth. Just like the god dionysus was also born of a virgin.

Do you read at all? I said I THINK not NATURALLY POSSIBLE. Must I repeat every post twice?
I don't know the christian view of God. I know God can create a child in a virgin's womb if He so wishes. And if virgin birth was normal, it wouldn't have been a sign in the case of Jesus would it?

(1) (Reply)

8 Reasons Why The Shroud Of Turin Might Be The Burial Cloth Of Jesus Christ / Another Luke 16 Controversy : Was Lazarus Even Buried? / Why Is Sin Inherited But Salvation Isn't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.