Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

How Old Is Mankind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Old Is Mankind? (4467 Views)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Why Didnt God Just Forgive Mankind Instead Of Killing His Son??? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is Mankind? by cashmentor(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
Just curious, i mean, Jesus came over 2000yrs ago, i read some history books and we're told man went through various stages (Ape, Beast, Goat, Turkey Monkey blah blah blah) before he finaly became human being! For real, when actualy did happen, did God lie About creating man? When did the Universe came into being? Who made the dynosords and those gigantic animals like those in Jurasic Park? As a Christain i belive God Made all things, but i'm just curious 2 know just how old the world is? Those with ideas in this field, ur contribution is highly welcome!
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
jesus is hardly any old. he is new garbage.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by claremont(m): 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2011
Most evolutionary biologists believe mankind is between 100,000-200,000 years old.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by plaetton: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
The earth is 4.7 billion yrs old. bipedal hominids arose about 4 million yrs ago. Homo sapien sapiens(Thinking man) is just about 200,000 to 100,000 old.First known civilization rose about 12,000 yrs ago.

Bibilical chronology gives us about 4600 yrs for the age of th earth from creation. So, the choice is yours to decide which is fact and which is ficton.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by Joagbaje(m): 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2011
Mankind is about 6,000 years
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by manmustwac(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
Joagbaje:

is that according to the bible or according to science?
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by Joagbaje(m): 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2011
According to bible
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
plaetton:

The earth is 4.7 billion yrs old. bipedal hominids arose about 4 million yrs ago. Homo sapien sapiens(Thinking man) is just about 200,000 to 100,000 old.First known civilization rose about 12,000 yrs ago.

Bibilical chronology gives us about 4600 yrs for the age of th earth from creation. So, the choice is yours to decide which is fact and which is ficton.

Another important date is that of the neolithic revolution which occured between 7000 and 10,000 years ago. That was when humans first invented agriculture facilitating the change from being nomadic hunter/gatherers to living in large, stationary towns and cities.

Edit: Just reread your post and I see you actually mentioned it. Sorry.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by claremont(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

Joagbaje:

According to bible
What a joke!
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by buzugee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
good question. if you follow biblical chronology back to adam 6000 years old. however i think you need more time than that for a black man to turn into a white man. so i dont know.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by manmustwac(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

According to bible
so then how old is mankind according to science?
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by cashmentor(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
And did the dinosaur really ever existed and if the world has stayed this long as i've now learnt, when then will it end?
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:27am On Dec 28, 2011
cashmentor:

And did the dinosaur really ever existed and if the world has stayed this long as i've now learnt, when then will it end?

Yes dinosaurs really existed. Don't be fooled by those people using the bible to claim that the earth is 6000 years old. The biblical/jewish creation story is a myth. It is no more factual than the yoruba story of Obatala creating the world with a bag of soil and a five-toed hen.

Also, it depends on what you mean by the world ending. The sun is going to become a red giant and incinerate all life on earth in about 4 to 5 billion years. And the last stars are due to run out of Hydrogen in a few trillion years. Don't worry sha, humanity would likely have gone extinct long before that.
Re: How Old Is Mankind? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2011
The Yoruba legend has a double meaning like all other Pagan traditions. it says something but means something else.

(1) (Reply)

Evolution For Simpletons / Prayer Against Self-servicing, Lust and Se.xual Immorality / Christianity Is The Only Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.