Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners (7053 Views)

Is It Hard For Foreigners To Get A Nigeria Visa / 10 Things Foreigners Find Weird About Nigerians(PICS) / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by mrolododo: 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2011
Am using this opportunity to ask for candid opinion concerning which country in the world can an average Nigeria graduate get a job

The above statement might look or sound funny and myopic, but i just want everybody to contribute positively especially does of you presently abroad and does that have experience in hustling life abroad.

I have being moving around the Traveling section of this forum and all i can say is that, it seems as if there no places in the world for we Nigeria graduate both home and abroad.

why ?
why ?
why ?

with my Bsc in Business Management, and some professional certificate, i have attend over 28 interview with few success as marketer on commission which has drained me to the extend of me thinking of joining a friend that is into fraudulent business but i thank GOD i did not because the guy will not be spending this Christmas at home.

What brought these out is the fact that i have determined that enough is enough i will travelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i just need your constructive input.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Vicjustice: 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
mrolododo:

Am using this opportunity to ask for candid opinion concerning which country in the world can an average Nigeria graduate get a job

The above statement might look or sound funny and myopic, but i just want everybody to contribute positively especially does of you presently abroad and does that have experience in hustling life abroad.

I have being moving around the Traveling section of this forum and all i can say is that, it seems as if there no places in the world for we Nigeria graduate both home and abroad.

why ?
why ?
why ?

with my Bsc in Business Management, and some professional certificate, i have attend over 28 interview with few success as marketer on commission which has drained me to the extend of me thinking of joining a friend that is into fraudulent business but i thank GOD i did not because the guy will not be spending this Christmas at home.

What brought these out is the fact that i have determined that enough is enough i will travelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i just need your constructive input.
Well, whether you are a graduate or not is not the issue, you just need a residence or work permit to make you eligible for employment in any country that is not your home country.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by bbwollex(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2011
He has said it all, you need resident permit/work permit before you can work legally in any foreign country,forget about your qualification.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Dyt(f): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
M sure u eat 3square meal
now think of it
u goin 2 a no mans land wit no necessary doc,ow do u survive?
U bn fytin it y nt let God tk control of d rest, dat moni u wanna put 2geda 2 travel y nt mk cm up wit smth wit it
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2011
You claim to have attended over 28 interviews with little or no success. Your write-up is full of grammatical blunders. Maybe the reason you have been failing in those interview was your poor/inadequate knowledge of both spoken and written English. Please work on English proficiency and re-apply for jobs in Nigeria. I'm sure you will be successful. Cheers
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Dt03(m): 2:03am On Dec 24, 2011
x-fire:

You claim to have attended over 28 interviews with little or no success. Your write-up is full of grammatical blunders. Maybe the reason you have been failing in those interview was your poor/inadequate knowledge of both spoken and written English. Please work on English proficiency and re-apply for jobs in Nigeria. I'm sure you will be successful. Cheers
Irrelevant
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by imperiouxx(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2011
@x-fire,

Yours isn't better than his and your comment worths nothing here.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by alfablondy: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2011
x-fire:

imperiouxx:

@x-fire,

Yours isn't better than his and your comment worths nothing here.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by alfablondy: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2011
mrolododo:

[b]

@Op A Nigerian can still get a legitimate job in other countries as expatriate from Nigeria. It depends on your profession  and what you have got to offer your host country.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by talk2tosep(m): 8:59am On Dec 24, 2011
@x-fire, i think that is just naturally unfair, nobody bi superman.,yu just a big fool.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by llbhuds: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2011
mehn, Nigerians dey vex no be small.
@ poster, like the rightly said, u need a work permit to do any kind of job outside naija. even if ur job is greeting people Good morning, u need a work permit to do it.
as per ur unsuccessful interviews, maybe its not ur time cos when its ur time to get a job, its gonna look like a magic, believe me.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by imperiouxx(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2011
@alfablondy,

You see what I mean? He isn't better of the OP who is showing his grievance straight from his heart. I hate when some think they can ridicule another person publicly.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by llbhuds: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2011
English no get expression like my mother tongue, even the Brits never make sarcasm from ur grammatical blunder, so how can a Nigerian opportunist now feels he or she can?
well na una sabi sha
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
Guys, relax. It's one thing to make fun of someone's poor grammar, quite a different thing to be honest.

Mrolododo's opening post is full of blunders, there's no disputing that. Whilst it may not be the reason he's been unsuccessful in obtaining a job, it could be a determining factor. It all depends on the jobs applied for, and who first gets to read through his applications. It also depends on how many people applied for the same posts - naturally the best constructed application, coupled with similar qualifications will always have the edge. So English proficiency does play a part.

X-fire's statement was very correct - he was not rude or abusive to Mrolododo. Unless I'm missing something, he simply told things as they are, and sometimes, that could be just what the original poster needs. It's good to be corrected, otherwise we'd never learn.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Lasinoh: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
Business administration can be a tough one to place internationally.
Due to lingusitic/phonetic barriers, coupled with the image of Nigerians as 'fraudsters' in the world. . .
I doubt any one would take you seriously as a foreigner.
You might want to work on establishing your own business(with your own capital)
I know a lot of MBA-holders driving cabs all over America.
Try getting a CPA certification and work as your own Uncle Sam's agent or a self-employed auditor.
I know a lot of peeps that have done just that and are making it. kiss

If your own country cannot employ you. . . then you will find it difficult in the 'Business' sector outside Nigeria.
You might want to think of 're-training' in a more marketable area. kiss
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by IsabellaC: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
Here in Germany you need a residence or work permit and you have to find out, if your qualification is recognized by government over here. Even some former doctors work here as taxi-drivers, cause they are not recognized

Greetz

Isi
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by dasparrow: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
@OP

As others have rightfully mentioned, you must get a resident/work permit. Don't even try to leave Nigeria if you don't have a work permit for the country you are heading too. In case you missed the memo, there is currently a world wide global economic recession. Even people with citizenships for the UK, USA et al are having it difficult securing a job, much less someone with no work permit. I mean, how do you plan to cope? How are you going to pay your bills? Why don't you use this little money you have to start a small business like selling food stuff such as garri, palm oil, maggi, etc. There are people abroad who have Masters degrees from american and british institutions and are driving taxi cabs due to the recession and lack of jobs. Humble yourself and start somewhere. I find it is still easier to make it in Nigeria than abroad especially now. Problem is, naija graduates all want white collar jobs. No one wants to get their hands dirty. Everyone wants to be an instant "oga" because they have a piece of paper stating that they graduated from a university. Things don't work like that anymore. Go into agriculture if you can or if you can cook, open a mama-put. Believe me, those people make money. There is absolutely no shame in earning an honest living. My 2 cents.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by imperiouxx(m): 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
dasparrow:

@OP

As others have rightfully mentioned, you must get a resident/work permit. Don't even try to leave Nigeria if you don't have a work permit for the country you are heading too. In case you missed the memo, there is currently a world wide global economic recession. Even people with citizenships for the UK, USA et al are having it difficult securing a job, much less someone with no work permit. I mean, how do you plan to cope? How are you going to pay your bills? Why don't you use this little money you have to start a small business like selling food stuff such as garri, palm oil, maggi, etc. There are people abroad who have Masters degrees from american and british institutions and are driving taxi cabs due to the recession and lack of jobs. Humble yourself and start somewhere. I find it is still easier to make it in Nigeria than abroad especially now. Problem is, naija graduates all want white collar jobs. No one wants to get their hands dirty. Everyone wants to be an instant "oga" because they have a piece of paper stating that they graduated from a university. Things don't work like that anymore. Go into agriculture if you can or if you can cook, open a mama-put. Believe me, those people make money. There is absolutely no shame in earning an honest living. My 2 cents.

So to start up with something small is for a male graduate to be selling garri, palm oil or maggi? ''a piece of paper'' is what you can call what someone spent 4 to 5 years on in higher institution plus the school fee and efforts. How does it sounds to you hearing a man doing mama-put? Infact, you really try I must say.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Gbenge77(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
A US H-1B Visa might just be your best bet,but it requires you to be skilled in a specialized field,with an employer filing for you from the US.Securing one might just prove to be a herculean task.
You may also wish to apply for the DV LOTTERY,and keep playing until you win.that way,you can immigrate to the US legally,without facing any possible threat of deportation.And,if you can work your "socks off",success will be yours .
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by mrolododo: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
well i so much appreciate all your genuine contributions. but those of you abroad aren't coming home and you keep saying things are not easy. why?   

Subsidy is here now and nobody to help, so all you are saying is that i should die here in Nigeria, so every Nigerians that travel out to hustle go with work permit?
let us be real here, things are very bad in Nigeria but i don't mind staying if any of you can teach or introduced me to a profitable business i can start with 200k.

but if not am leaving soonest. better to die struggling than die silent.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Lasinoh: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2012
but those of you abroad aren't coming home and you keep saying things are not easy. why?

Because there is no place like home.
Unless the home becomes more hostile than the host country.
Even though things are not easy. . . I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO NIGERIA. kiss
Things are not easy because you have to face a lot of challenges. . . .
But once you have over come the culture shock. . . homesickness. . . financial instability. . .cultural barriers. . .LIFE IS SWEEEEEEEEEET ABROAD FOR EVER. . . .unless you are the kind that loves to mix with Nigerians to feel at home.
I can only tolerate them on the www. . .not in my immediates space. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by mrolododo: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thanks all, i have decide to go for my masters in Turkey, i have already got my admission letter i will be visiting the embassy by 15th, just need your prayers. very soon am out of Naija
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by kennybuda: 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2012
@mrolododo
I dont understand the kind of prayer you need for comon turkish visa, someone had ealire advice you of lottrey visa to usa i belive thats the best advice save your stress abeg
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Dt03(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Nice thread! I learnt something
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by 2good(m): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
My advice is that you apply to one of the very top global universities preferably in top 50 globally or top 3 in what ever country you are going because most companies prefers to recruit from top universities and you stand some chance of getting a job not guaranteed though if you go to a top school. As a foreigner and a black one for that matter, you just have to be smarter than the average white boy for an employer to take you serious because the potential employer have to prove to the government that there are no citizens qualified to do the job before you can be given a work permit
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by canlor: 2:15am On Jan 15, 2012
I understand wetin u dey go thru.
i hope you do realise Turkey is not the ideal destination if your intention is to work and study, believe me unless you have enough cash,you may end up been stranded there.

but if you have money and you plan to use turkey as an exit strategy out of the country to better places, hmmmm ok,go ahead.

but i wouldnt advise anybody to waste money on Turkey and cyprus, believe me, its not worth it.
been there and done that.
do take care and plan your waka well,ok, God go do am one day.

no be stone,na beans,one day e go done.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by kennybuda: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
@canlor
Long time you still dey for germ?
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by canlor: 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
@kennybuda

my brother i dey,i have tried to reach you ever since but to no avail.

we dey push am de go small small, i still dey germany.

i appreciate your advice then.

lets talk sometime, easy bro.
Re: Which Country Offers Jobs For Foreigners by kennybuda: 10:11am On Jan 19, 2012
@canlor
Correct God go see you through

(1) (Reply)

List Of Largest Shopping Mall In Nigeria. / Ukraine OR Russia? / Is It True Goergia Has Stop Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.