Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. (1616 Views)

Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women / Unbelievable Events Of Sleep Walking / Bitter Kola Is A Cure For Ebola, Truth Or Myth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by TonyTech(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2007
Is sleep walking real?

I once saw a documentry that showed a 10yrs old boy walking, kilometers away from his home where he slept the previous night. On same documentry, a man was said to have woken up from his sleep, take his car key and drive to his perants house that's in a different area of a city, virtually asleep.

Could it have been a kind of trick?
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by tomX1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2007
Sleep walking is real. I got this realy wierd experience in secondary school where this dude sleep-walked across the hostel room right up to me. whiped out his phalus and started peeing on my bed. I walked up behind him and shook him gently by the shoulder. He snaped to and had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

There was this other dude in the same hostel that gets up at night and gets into a big row with "un-seens". Makes all this fuss and does things like sweep his conner, lay his bed, sort his laundry etc. When he wakes up in the morning he has no idea what he'd done. And it happened often.
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by TonyTech(m): 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2007
@tomX,
I'm awed by the distances covered by these two instances I gave, particularly the man that actually drove his car apparently asleep, manovering through the road traffic, no incidents.

It's really unbelievable.
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by tomX1(m): 4:26am On Oct 04, 2007
Yeah, its awesome. Driving a car its quite a feat for some people even when they are awake. Try doing that while asleep and its , well. I lack the words.
I guess sleep walkers are actualy tapping into some of their subconcious powers. Its common to find students who tackle complex equations and calculus in their dreams that they could not solve while awake. Some of the most challenging software code I,ve been able to write come to me while I was sleeping.
The human mind is a wonder in itself.
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by Theodora(f): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2007
Sleep walkin is very real, My sisiter actually sleep walk. There is one occassion wher she got up from her bed and was just walking away from the house she got as far as a street before my parents who were returning from a visit saw her, they actually thought she was coming to meet them only for hwer to walk past them they tappe her back to reality. She sleep walks a lot and does not remember a thing the next mornin when she wakes up.
It is real,
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by Scopium: 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2007
I've never had a first hand encounter but I think it's real.
Re: Sleep Walking - a reality or myth. by onyx79(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2007
its a serious issue. Extraordinary, any remedy? Any ground-breaking research on causes, predisposing factors etc?

(1) (Reply)

Very Confused!what Could This Be? / Fansidar Pls Help / Woman’s Death Stirs Controversy In Lagos Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.