Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? (984 Views)

Some Nigerians Claim To Be Getting Gigs On Jolancer Freelancers Platform / Is It Wrong To Hold A Little Piece Of Paper Containing Points In An Interview? / I Need Help Getting IT Placement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? by martin2699: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2011
Since graduation I've worked with a couple of firms but all on a short-term basis(less than a year). One had a time duration, another couldn't pay salaries, a third on folded up. I have tried to get a new job since last December all to no avail. I have written and passed a couple of tests only to get knocked out at last interview stage. Every interviewer that sees my CV would ask me why I have been jumping about. Should I remove my work experience and cook up a lie to tell? Apparently, that's what they want to hear, lies
Re: I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
martin2699:

Since graduation I've worked with a couple of firms but all on a short-term basis(less than a year). One had a time duration, another couldn't pay salaries, a third on folded up. I have tried to get a new job since last December all to no avail. I have written and passed a couple of tests only to get knocked out at last interview stage. Every interviewer that sees my CV would ask me why I have been jumping about. Should I remove my work experience and cook up a lie to tell? Apparently, that's what they want to hear, lies

Don't do that, having work experience can only be a good thing no matter how short the job lasted, it shows that you are not a lazy person. You hard work will pay up one day, just don't give up.
Re: I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? by alorauzoms(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
guy, am havin d same issues.
Re: I Must Be Getting It Wrong Somewhere: But Where? by Gboliwe: 6:03am On Dec 24, 2011
Learn to apply for a job. By this I mean, dont use a particular application for all your search. Breaking it down, if company 'A' has an opening but is a sole proprietor, and company 'B' is like a fg ministry, and 'C' is like Total/Oando company. The applications you'l present to these three should be different. While you should include all the experiences including volunteer and vacation jobs for the Oando/total job, you must'nt include that in the sole proprietorship. You'll lose out if you do.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Rep, Area Manager And National Sales Manager For A Pharmaceutical Coy / Urgent Recruitment For OND Accounting Holders / Job Placements 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.