Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery (5456 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Another N3bn Stolen Arms Deal!!! / I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did – Ambode / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by supoade: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2011
Vice President Muhammad Namadi Sambo plans to spend N1.7 billion on trips in 2012 and N1.3 billion on office stationeries, Daily Trust findings reveal.

The office of the vice president, according to the 2012 budget estimates, would spend N1, 674, 811, 793 on local and foreign travels.

The documents revealed that the State House would spend N723 million on the number two citizen’s local travels and transports and another N951 million on his international travels and transports.

Of the N18.35 billion budgeted for the State House, Sambo would spend another N1.3 billion on office stationeries. The estimates indicate that the vice president’s office would gulp N343 million on computer consumables; N12 million on books; N45 million on newspapers; N9 million on magazines and periodicals.

Also, the vice president is planning to spend N314 million on drugs and medical supplies; N477 million on foodstuff and catering material supplies; N121 million on printing of non-security documents; N11 million on teaching aids and instructional materials.

Similarly, the State House would expend N2.4 billion for the maintenance services at the vice president’s office. Of this amount budgeted for maintenance, N382 million is for vehicles; N53 million for office furniture; N1.7 billion for office building and residential quarters; N137 million for office IT equipment; N15 million on plants and generators and N133 on maintenance services.

The same budget estimates also indicate that President Goodluck Jonathan and his deputy will together enjoy N1 billion worth of food and general catering services in 2012.

According to the budget details, the cost of purchasing foodstuffs, catering supplies, kitchen equipment for the president and his vice, and their offices, will cost the nation N992.57 million.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150607:sambo-to-spend-n3bn-on-trips-stationery&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by supoade: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2011
Hmmmmm,

and Fuel Subsidy must go according to FG.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2011
http://www.punchng.com/index.php/news/item/8554-fg-to-spend-n13bn-on-fueling-generators

on the other hand FG to spend N1.3bn on fueling generators, Despite the constant power supply only in "Aso Rock"
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by oyanwumi: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2011
This is Crazy, !
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by gentlegg(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2011
I keep seeing thick darkness at the end of this tunnel called Nigeria
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by drstan(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2011
Oh my GOD i pls tel me dis is nt true,, hmmm D worst dayz ahead, Nigeria in doom
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by heynew: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2011
Even if fuel subsidy is removed, the frequent increase in reckless recurrent expenditure will still collapse the economy
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by kafero(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2011
I think I know why these people want Oil subsidy to go. So that they can have more money to waste. If Jonathan is looking to save money for capital expenditures he should look first at both the Executive and Legislative arms of government. He should be able to save a whopping 1 trillion Naira by doing that.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by kizito96(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2011
When fools rule a nation. Educated Illiterates in power
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Godmann(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
Una never see. Nigeria is rotten; Criminals are in charge!!!

Aso Rocks stinks and must be cleaned up before we can move forward
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by lonelypal(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
Enjoy d breath of 'fresh air'
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by Ad4(m): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
Jonathan and Sambo are decieving themselves.Nigeria has the resources and potential to be among the best nations in the world but we've reckless and non-comitted leaders who just decieve their fathers,useless people!I travelled from Lagos to Imo and spent hours in traffic because of bad roads and our leaders pick microphones and come on tv to decieve themselves.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by conquerorb: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
this is sickening, i tell ya.just sickening,damn!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by nagoma(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
I swear that Buhari would never tolerate this extravagance and corruption - but this is fresh air for you. angry
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by misterh(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
I really wish we can do more dan complaining on forums like Nairaland. Dese ppl av developed thick skin against criticisms. We should find other ways of registering our displeasure & effecting d change we need.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by GudLion(m): 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2011
Fresh air indeed, when the subsidy is finally removed; hardship will force people to hasten the call for the long over due revolution.
Its a one way thing, the poor will turn and eat up the thief thief rich when they have nothing to feed on again!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by mjconcept(m): 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
They dey mention money like say na groundnut dem dey count. OLE
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by chakula: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
Don't see anything new here; self-interest should be the most top priority amongst the Nigerians.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by xtianh(m): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2011
Did i see 1.3billion on fuel for generator? When will we nw have regular power supply? This is truely sad.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by nagoma(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
@xtianh

There is regular electricity suppy  to the Villa thru NEPA dedicated lines. The budget for generator fuel is just another PDP way of ripping us off.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by BigMeat2: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
this is getting ridiculous by the minute if the information is true.

how can N45m be spent on newspapers (that's 123k everyday) and how much does a daily newspaper cost?, N9m on magazines & periodicals.

i guess these people don't even read.

so sad that this level of waste is still going on in the government
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by member479760: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
That means GEJ and BEAF will spend triple!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by boneruns(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
This money can fix Benin - Ore road, and save the lifes of many Nigerians plying that road. So sad!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by bigshow123: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
I swear that Buhari would never tolerate this extravagance and corruption - but this is fresh air for you.

buhari . what a miss!!!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by sniperwolf(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2011
Sambo is only interested in Pilgrim to Saudi Arabia
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by sirrinky: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2011
na wah. its only in Nigeria that the government calls billion billion as if its my little brothers lunchmoney. 1billion naira has 1thousand 1 million naira inside oh if u guys have 4gotten. i know alot of people that if 500k is put into thier business would make so much impact and they can hire even more labour. Can u imagine the kind of facility that would be available if this money is used upgrade libraries. Naija students whr are you guys ehnnn.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by ugosly(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
Now giv me one flimsy reason why I shouldnt kill anybody who trys to stop me from gettin into political office.
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by beespak7(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
Original fresh air there
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by seanet02: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
[size=49pt]Beaf[/size]
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by indoorlove(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2011
"Nigeria will colapse if fuel subsidy stays" that was Gej statement on removal of fuel subsidy. Mr president pls where did nigerian go wrong by voting u into power?? honestly i still dont get it, SLS just assert that he can't remember when last he bought fuel, this got to show that the hardship is not in any felt 'up there'. Nigerians are suffering and now u want to add more to our hardship by removing the single benefit the masses enjoy,  Please think again!!!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by 9jafreak: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2011
[size=24pt]Unfortunately the light at the end of this tunnel is the train coming to run us down.[/size]

No HOPE for that Nation about time people WAKE UP! Individual Hope? Yes but Collective Hope? It's a fool's dream!
Re: Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery by humblebee: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Big Meat:

this is getting ridiculous by the minute if the information is true.

how can N45m be spent on newspapers (that's 123k everyday) and how much does a daily newspaper cost?, N9m on magazines & periodicals.

i guess these people don't even read.

so sad that this level of waste is still going on in the government

Bruv, they don't buy papers. they get complimentary delivery daily. common NNPC gets same, not to talk of Office of the president. so just know the money is extra cash for their pocket. this is really getting annoying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. / Gunmen Kill Plateau PDP Chief And Family / EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.