Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65464 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:34am On Sep 14, 2013
no 10 September launch of the much anticipated Mac Pro, interesting benchmarks though...

http://www.macworld.com.au/blogs/apple-mac-pro-2013-no-10-september-launch-but-we-do-have-benchmarks-107470/#.UjQeChYeHA4

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Olisa74: no 10 September launch of the much anticipated Mac Pro, interesting benchmarks though...

http://www.macworld.com.au/blogs/apple-mac-pro-2013-no-10-september-launch-but-we-do-have-benchmarks-107470/#.UjQeChYeHA4
Macs are expected to be released in October.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kasiye:
Macs are expected to be released in October.

We are waiting....
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 8ightball: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
I have 2 brand new 2013 MacBook airs to dispose of. In case anyone is interested. 08029401212. It goes for #230k, serious buyers only. Would upload pix soon.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
Apple OS X Mavericks Goes Gold: 11 Major Features :

OS X Mavericks follows the release of iOS 7, Apple's mobile operating system, last month -- timing that works well given the growing areas of overlap between the two operating systems. iOS 7 added AirDrop, a file-sharing mechanism introduced in OS X Lion, and OS X Mavericks adds Maps and iBooks from the iOS world. That's in addition to crossovers facilitated by iCloud with apps such as Notes and Reminders and common services like iTunes Radio.

There has long been speculation about whether OS X and iOS will converge. That could still happen at some point if Apple sees some advantage in doing so. For the moment, however, the two operating systems are merely cohabitating peacefully.........

http://www.informationweek.com/hardware/apple-macintosh/apple-os-x-mavericks-goes-gold-11-major/240162287
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Orsi66nidf: 7:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Macs are mostly used by professionals who use cutting edge technology and demand top notch reliability.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by topudo(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
i got a window ce 6.0 notebook and mistakenly delected all the programms on it including the control panel.i cant do anything on it now. please help me on how i can get all the programms back
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Dikachiii: 3:49am On Oct 19, 2013
Please I need help,y Macbook 2008 won't turn on if I plug charger the green light comes on on magsafe but if I press power it won't turn on or make any sound. I've reset smc yet not show. When I test battery the 5 leds show green and blink 3 times. Pls help.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Dikachiii: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2013
After adjusting the magsafe it powered on reached apple logo with that thing spinning below and went off now if I power it fan would keep moving but nothing on screen.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2013
Dikachiii: Please I need help,y Macbook 2008 won't turn on if I plug charger the green light comes on on magsafe but if I press power it won't turn on or make any sound. I've reset smc yet not show. When I test battery the 5 leds show green and blink 3 times. Pls help.

Your 5 led links blinking 3 times is not normal and may indicate a battery or power issue. Have you tried removing the battery and connecting your Macbook directly to a power source? Did you recently modify the Macbook with new memory, solid state drive, or hard drive?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by acemmy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Guys please and please I really need your help, I
don't know what my nieces did to my system. Am
tring to boot it but I showing me BOOTMGR is
missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and when I do
exactly what it tells me to do it will try to boot but
will show me the same thing....... Please guys ineed
your help please...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2013
acemmy:
Guys please and please I really need your help, I
don't know what my nieces did to my system. Am
tring to boot it but I showing me BOOTMGR is
missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and when I do
exactly what it tells me to do it will try to boot but
will show me the same thing....... Please guys ineed
your help please...

restart and keep pressing f8
select repair ur computer...then
follow d instruc...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by haibe(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2013
BBM NOW ON ANDROID AND IPHONE GUYS, VIEW THE LINK BELOW:

https://www.nairaland.com/1488012/bbm-android-iphone-here#19000135
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 24, 2013
My mabook is out of chewing gum
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by selade(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
I need a replacement battery for my Macbook Pro 13" Unibody (Late 2011). ANy ideas where I can get one.

Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by dival247(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
The MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13-Inch (Mid-2010) features a 45 nm "Penryn" 2.4 GHz Intel "Core 2 Duo" processor (P8600), with two independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 3 MB shared "on chip" level 2 cache, a 1066 MHz frontside bus
Price 80,000
Contact 08033013391 or dival247@yahoo.com

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by unofficialapple: 8:27am On Nov 05, 2013
The unofficial Nigerian apple store is offering 2013 MacBook air for sale.
the specs are:
13" screen
4gb ram
128ssd
1.8ghz haswell processor
12 hours battery.
Brand new.
Price: #199,000
Non negotiable.
call 08055109296 now . Offer valid while stock lasts
And is restricted to Lagos only.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by aclangs(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
what is vmci bus driver for vm fusion and how can i download it
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
Just got a Mac,
Who can guide me on installing a usb modem in it . ..
visafone to be precise .
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
Just got a Mac,
Who can guide me on installing a usb modem in it . ..
visafone to be precise .

On Macs it should really just be plug and play. Give visafone a call, they should be able to guide you through the installation process.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by aitoehigie: 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Brand new. 08029401212

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lalaboi(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2013
Hi guyz.

I have a mid 2009 macbook pro 13.3 inch.

About 2 months ago, it switched off and restarted with the "Your computer has has restarted because of an unknown error" error and have tried all the possible fixes online but none worked. The laptop would switch on, get stuck at the rolling grey screen emitting more than usual heat from the bottom screen area before restarting and doing the same thing all over again. The main thing being restarting and coming up with the same error.

I have since changed hardrive, RAM, and done all the resets but nothing worked

So i consulted a supposed "Apple Certified Technician" and he said he could get it fixed in a few days. I delayed a little bit and made more research but no solution was found.

I gave it in and the supposed apple certified technician did not get back to me until a month later claiming that some stuff burned and he has repaired it that the he had to change the "Pro Lay board" for 20k and "Board Processor" for 20k and service charge of 5k for a total cost of N45,000. . . and he fixed all this without my consent.

Now my question is do these things 20k prices really exist and if so how much do they really cost or i am being scammed here?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
lalaboi: Hi guyz.

About 2 months ago, it switched off and restarted with the "Your computer has has restarted because of an unknown error" error and have tried all the possible fixes online but none worked. The laptop would switch on, get stuck at the rolling grey screen emitting more than usual heat from the bottom screen area before restarting and doing the same thing all over again. The main thing being restarting and coming up with the same error.

So i consulted a supposed "Apple Certified Technician" and he said he could get it fixed in a few days. I delayed a little bit and made more research but no solution was found.

I gave it in and the supposed apple certified technician did not get back to me until a month later claiming that some stuff burned and he has repaired it that the he had to change the "Pro Lay board" for 20k and "Board Processor" for 20k and service charge of 5k for a total cost of N45,000. . . and he fixed all this without my consent.

Now my question is do these things 20k prices really exist and if so how much do they really cost or i am being scammed here?

It is hard to say if you are being scammed.Macbook pro parts don't come cheap. Considering the symptoms yours exhibited , I will assume he charged you a fair price if it is fully functional again.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
who can help me install Mac OSX on my Air
I dont av d software nether do I have d external DVDROM wit me too ?
And i dont av $$$ either
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
who can help me install Mac OSX on my Air
I dont av d software nether do I have d external DVDROM wit me too ?
And i dont av $$$ either

Can your Macbook Air connect to the internet? If not, you can download the latest OS, Mavericks ( which is free) onto a usb stick, and install it from there. Where are you located?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by armirza(m): 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
I bought a new Mac just a few days ago (I know i'm pretty late) but I felt completely lost as soon as I saw it. Thanks to this post and all the replies here, I am now feeling confident while using it smiley
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
armirza: I bought a new Mac just a few days ago (I know i'm pretty late) but I felt completely lost as soon as I saw it. Thanks to this post and all the replies here, I am now feeling confident while using it smiley

Good to know!!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by moonraker(m): 2:28am On Dec 03, 2013
lalaboi: Hi guyz.

That is outrageously cheap for a mac repair if everything works. Those items that your technician said he changed are very expensive parts

because well they are proprietary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.