Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate (12904 Views)

Breaking: Court Sacks Andy Ubah, Stella Oduah / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / Court Sacks Andy Uba, Ekwunife From Nass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Onlytruth(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
I feel like I have to say one more thing because it ties into my vision for Ndigbo. It is my sincere belief that we need to grow APGA and have it dominate the East. After that, we can then form a political alliance with the PDP, whereby the two parties would move and act jointly at the center. That way, we retain our core beliefs, and project them to the center, instead of the other way round which brings social and political chaos to Igboland.

As things stand now, we are in trouble politically. If Gov Orji of Abia were to be an APGA man, I strongly doubt that he would have implemented the last controversial policy. So, umunne m, please keep thinking about this.
Unity is the most potent weapon we should all work to develop in Igboland, and having ONE party firmly under our control is a very powerful vehicle to getting us what we want in Nigeria. There is really not much difference between PDP and APGA except that APGA is controlled by our philosophy of "Onye aghala nwanne ya" (powerful stuff).

Here I stand. cool
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kasiem(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
Afam, it'l be nice for u to visit my place and see things for urself instead of waiting for photoshopped pictures. Start from bank road in nnewi, then visit agulu, obeledu, neni, amawbia, osumenyi, isuofia etc. In education sector, obi did relocate and set up a wonderful structure at igbariam campus of ansu, anambra can now boast of a very nice teaching hospital at amaku
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
kasiem:

Afam, it'l be nice for u to visit my place and see things for urself instead of waiting for photoshopped pictures. Start from bank road in nnewi, then visit agulu, obeledu, neni, amawbia, osumenyi, isuofia etc. In education sector, obi did relocate and set up a wonderful structure at igbariam campus of ansu, anambra can now boast of a very nice teaching hospital at amaku

If all the projects you listed are true, then i don't consider them not worth mentioning. Anambra is not Ekiti for crying out loud. Anambra and Lagos should be at the fore front of an industratial revolution in Nigeria. We're talking of making Nnewi the undisputed capital of the automobile industry. I'm talking of turning ontisha into one of the fastest growing cities in the world. I'm referring to making good use of the immense human and other resources in Anambra state and not some Borehole and public toilet project in a state that produced Adichie, Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Achebe, Chike Obi, Anyaoku etc.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chino11(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
^

You maybe right in some of the points you made there, but Kasie's point is stronger because all the roads connecting all the senatorial zones and adjoining communities are all tarred. I can close my eyes driving from Awka to Agulu to Ekwuluobia to Nnewi to Uga to Anam to Igbariam, its all good news of asphalted roads.

Am sure projects as Oill and Gas refinery, River Port, Int'l Cargo Airport fully takes off, Anambra will compete with top economies in West Africa sub-region.

Anambra is getting there as pathfinder of Ndigbo. Dalu nu
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by collinsJn(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
dustydee:

After the elections were adjudged to be free,fair and credible? The judges must have been bribed.
So That Shows It Wasn't FREE & FAIR ELECTION AfTERALL. Niger I Hail Theeeeeeeee Ooooooo
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chuksikem(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
@kasiem and chino,

I understand ur stance on issues bordering on anambra, anyi bu ofu, we dont wash our dirty linen in public, am a full blooded and proud anambrarian.so i know wots up.

Ada-obi is a product of the catholic and anglican tussle in anambra, because 80% of those that voted did so on religious lines,

ADA-OBI is a failure in every aspect, geeez, have you been to onitsha recently??or nnewi??not to talk of awka??awka has always been like that for years, what has ur so called adaobi done to improve on the state capital??awka looks like a mini village, which state capital can you compare with awka??
when last did water run in any house in anambra??have you been to ansu??do you call that a university??what of the civil servants?/when last did the state govt recruit??from asaba till you get to headbridge is filthy and filled with all manner of illegalities.

A state that has the highest number of human resources in the entire black nation, is still looking like an abandoned project, adaobi is just all talk and no action, its really a pity
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2011
chuksikem:

A state that has the highest number of human resources in the entire black nation, is still looking like an abandoned project, adaobi is just all talk and no action, its really a pity

This sentence sums it up. Juxtaposing the amount of human resources at it's disposal and the level of work done in Anambra state, i'll say Anambra has not done well.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chino11(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
@chuksikem, I understand your frustration, but I work and live in Awka, maybe you are talking of Awka of 10-15 years ago. Am standing now on Zik Avenue near MacDons its like a day time here, the street light all over with booming night life due to massive lighting of various roads and streets within the state capital. From Udoka est to Iyi-agu est to GRA to Abuja est. the same story. Massive road reconstruction are presently going on around the state particularly Onitsha with the major Onitsha-Awka expressway being reconstructed by FG. Though I still believe that more ares need to be touched also because of high expectations of the citizenry.

Again another good thing by the govt is that they are quite developing all sectors at same time and also opening rural communities with good asphalted roads. This will help in reducing rural-urban migration since most towns are developing as a result of infrastructural revolution.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by debum(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
poor andy, i think andy is still a better option , it will give him opportunity to correct the erroneous perception about him .
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by VUVUZELA10: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
Are PDP members really election riggers? I do not think so. The real and master riggers are in ACN Lagos State. Andy Uba will doubtlessly win the rerun.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chino11(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
As for Andy he will definitely return to the senate, he is popular more than any other candidate in Anambra south.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by otokx(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2011
What is the use? Andy Uba will still win again.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chuksikem(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
@chino

Lemme give you a little history about myself bro,

i had all my education at awka, from st pauls nursery and primary school to unizik.
my Dad retired as chief editor anambra broadcasting service awka, infact my mum is still the director of personnel in one of the ministry.

My family house is at bishop Anikwenwa close, off arroma junction, so i know wot am saying when i said awka the state capital has not witnessed any transformation since ada-obi came into power.

Am a full blooded anambrarian that has spent 19years in awka (1991-2010) though from njikoka lga so i know what am talking about bro,

Think we shopuld just pray ada-obi gets his facts right and do the right thing, cos prosterity will noy judge him well, he ran the best campaign in 2003 hence the massive votes he secured, we are no fools,

c
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chino11(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2011
@chuksikem

Sure you understand we will get there because as the beacon of hope for Ndigbo Anambra will soon get there. My office is at the State Secretariats Complex @ Executive Business District near Fed. Secretariats , my house is just at Udoka estate maybe we will hook up and sit over a plate of rice and chicken during this xmas for more yarns .  grin grin.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ Chino11, i also leave in Awka, Mc Don's is on where close to zik avenue. Are you talking of street lights on roads filled with overflowing dustbins at every one meter? I heard someone talk about Amaku general hospital, FYI, the outer part of the hospital was plastered and painted when GEJ came to commission it, up till now, the interior has not been plastered let alone painting. 70% of anambra roads were constructed by Ngige and he did all that in 3years under heavy persecution. Next year 2012 will be Peter Obi's 7th year as governor, what has he achieved so far? A small bridge project he started at Okpuno since 2008 has not been completed till now. The most popular estate in awka (udoka estate) has no good roads, no water. Apart fromThe only two good roads in awka, zik avenue and arthur eze, which were initiated by nigige, what else can you be proud of in peter obi's administration? he is a total failure.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Onlytruth(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2011
chino11:

@chuksikem

Sure you understand we will get there because as the beacon of hope for Ndigbo Anambra will soon get there. My office is at the State Secretariats Complex @ Executive Business District near Fed. Secretariats , my house is just at Udoka estate maybe we will hook up and sit over a plate of rice and chicken during this xmas for more yarns .  grin grin.

Nwanne Chino11,

Ndigbo siri na enyewaa nwa dibia onu, o jiri abali ga buo mkporogwu n'ajo ohia.  cool

Amakwa m na ihe nile i na ekwu maka ochichi Peter Obi na Anambra steti bu ihe mere eme.  grin

We all love Anambra state and want the best for her.

Ya mere, uche gi di kwa ya. The future of Igboland  is in the hands of people in government such as yourself.

Udo diri gi.  cool
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
Rudebwoy:

@ Chino11, i also leave in Awka, Mc Don's is on where close to zik avenue. Are you talking of street lights on roads filled with overflowing dustbins at every one meter? I heard someone talk about Amaku general hospital, FYI, the outer part of the hospital was plastered and painted when GEJ came to commission it, up till now, the interior has not been plastered let alone painting. 70% of anambra roads were constructed by Ngige and he did all that in 3years under heavy persecution. Next year 2012 will be Peter Obi's 7th year as governor, what has he achieved so far? A small bridge project he started at Okpuno since 2008 has not been completed till now. The most popular estate in awka (udoka estate) has no good roads, no water. Apart fromThe only two good roads in awka, zik avenue and arthur eze, which were initiated by nigige, what else can you be proud of in peter obi's administration? he is a total failure.
you are ngige supporter right?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ifyalways(f): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2011
This is truly encouraging. Justice delayed but not denied. It actually proves positive change is obtainable in naija if only people are willing to push . . . Relentlessly.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Onlytruth(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ify, please contact me at ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com
Thanks.  wink  kiss
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
chino Na Government  pikin  grin grin grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Ify, please contact me at ezendigbo_nl@hushmail.com
Thanks.  wink  kiss
cool cool
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ifyalways(f): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ eze only truth, your word na command. I go contact you ASAP.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by chino11(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nwanne Chino11,

Ndigbo siri na enyewaa nwa dibia onu, o jiri abali ga buo mkporogwu n'ajo ohia.  cool

Amakwa m na ihe nile i na ekwu maka ochichi Peter Obi na Anambra steti bu ihe mere eme.  grin

We all love Anambra state and want the best for her.

Ya mere, uche gi di kwa ya. The future of Igboland  is in the hands of people in government such as yourself.

Udo diri gi.  cool

Eze Igbo gburu gburu NL. My cap is on the floor, but you have spoken so much in riddles. grin

@ak47mann, na where you keep me nah, me and you study finish you abandon me enter Europe. Its well I wish to see myself soon in the real corridors of power at least Andy Uba na my big bros we both from Uga. grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by PHIPEX(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
As far as am concerned, history will judge Obi as the best Governor anambra has gotten since its creation. Mind you, you don't expect him to transform awka to a VI cos development is evolutionary unless u want him to focus all his developmental effort in just one Senatorial zone like Ngige did. I expect more from him bt I know within me that he has not done badly expecially with respect to even development of all the Senatorial zones.

As for Uba, I would'v been happier if he was sacked completely without any need for a rerun. Kudos to the judiciary!
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ ak47, i'm not Ngige supporter. We're talking of the only person who has greatly impacted positively on the lives of anambra people, even old women in the village felt his impact. Ngige built his reputation under 3years amidst serious persecutions.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
Rudebwoy:

@ ak47, i'm not Ngige supporter. We're talking of the only person who has greatly impacted positively on the lives of anambra people, even old women in the village felt his impact. Ngige built his reputation under 3years amidst serious persecutions.
as (phipex) said,obi cant concentrate only on one senatorial,obi had tried but need to do more cos anambra is a great state full with potentials,i can say that obi fixing all the roads in rural areas is a good mark,i can drive from GRA onitsha through nsugbe,and i will not feel a pot hole till i reach AKWA, same as other roads from nnewi to iheala,ojoto oba,even the roads that lead to IMO state, all smooth drive.
and quality roads too, with about 4 inches tick Asphalt and concrete

[b]chino [/b]don't worry!! we got a lot of things to talk when i reach alaigbo smiley smiley uba na your big bros naa cheesy cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by dejust(m): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Who say Nigeria judiciary is not working?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
i hate these kind of rulings, there need not be any rerun. why dont we punish these criminals?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by guonno: 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
This is just the beginning the whole east will be apga in 2015.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ortopazz(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
I think this man is the real insignia for shame, I mean he his really the epitome of misfortune, Governor, senate, hu knws might be his family leadership might be challenged.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ortopazz(m): 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
I think the judge was just being lenient, he should have sackdd him at once.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
He'll be back. In any case, Andy is a saint compared to that blood-thirsty ogre called Chuma Nzeribe. I know that for a fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ifelodun Local Government Area Of Kwara State Is Larger Than The Whole Of Lagos / EFCC Releases reuben Abati / 11 Boko Haram Members Killed By Army And Bomb Making Factory Destroyed In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.