Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. (1621 Views)

10 Ways Youths React When Their Pastors Say They Should Not Engage in Sex / Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
To all the christians, converts or not, please invite me to your religion wit facts and logic. Let me ask questions as you go forward with your effort. Please be orderly and no off topic posts.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by maclatunji: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2011
Goodluck!
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Judek2(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
The best invitation is this,
You keep the commandments,read the Bible,Read about Jesus Christ and obey his teachings.

I guess thats the main ingredient instead of some unhealthy online arguements. cool
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^^^

what are the "commandments" and what are his "teachings"?

me too,i want to learn wink
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Mobinga: 1:25am On Dec 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

To all the christians, converts or not, please invite me to your religion wit facts and logic. Let me ask questions as you go forward with your effort. Please be orderly and no off topic posts.

I believe the New Testament would be a better resource.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 24, 2011
What about Old testament,MAJEMU LAI LAI?
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 1:49am On Dec 24, 2011
Mobinga:

I believe the New Testament would be a better resource.

yes,you are running from the old testament because of the too many stoning and capital punishment and "bad things".you want people to fantasize over the "new covenant" and its "peaceful" new testament.

well Jesus himself said he did not come to destroy the law or the prophets.and here is one instance where Jesus approved the death penalty (see Jesus following the old testament law):

Matthew 15:4
"For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death".
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 24, 2011
@poster

What happened 2 allah's original koran.how come such a sacred book was corrupted without leaving any traces of d original.How come islam was never mentioned by any of d secular historians prior to mohamed
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Mobinga: 11:15am On Dec 24, 2011
LagosShia:

yes,you are running from the old testament because of the too many stoning and capital punishment and "bad things".you want people to fantasize over the "new covenant" and its "peaceful" new testament.

well Jesus himself said he did not come to destroy the law or the prophets.and here is one instance where Jesus approved the death penalty (see Jesus following the old testament law):

Matthew 15:4
"For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death".

Poor analogy, poor reference. Read the whole chapter, it is self explanatory, was he not condemning the Pharisees and their manipulative laws?

If you want to pick out flaws you should understand the context.

Fail.

This is even without talking of the denotation of " let him die the death"
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Jenwitemi(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2011
Sweetnecta:

A moslem wants to discuss with pure reasoning shocked? Am i missing something here? Wetin concern agbero for overload? Make una dey deceive una self. Religion and reasoning = oil and water.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Mobinga: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2011
Jenwitemi:

A moslem wants to discuss with pure reasoning shocked? Am i missing something here? Wetin concern agbero for overload?

Spiteful comment blinded by media.

You're missing a lot.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Jenwitemi(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2011
Am i? Please tell me what i am missing. There is no spite in what i put forward. Tell me how a moslem can work with reasoning when it comes to religion.
Mobinga:

Spiteful comment blinded by media.

You're missing a lot.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Mobinga: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Am i? Please tell me what i am missing. There is no spite in what i put forward. Tell [b]me how a moslem can work with reasoning [/b]when it comes to religion.

Tell me why you assert a Moslem cannot work with reasoning?
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Poor analogy, poor reference. Read the whole chapter, it is self explanatory, was he not condemning the Pharisees and their manipulative laws?

If you want to pick out flaws you should understand the context.

Fail.

This is even without talking of the denotation of " let him die the death"

who was talking about pharisees?i was referring to Matthew 15:4 as evidence of Jesus upholding and supporting the implementation of mosaic law.Jesus as reported in matthew 15:4 was upholding this:

Exodus 21:17 "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9 "'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2011
May Allah reward you, my brother Lagosshia.

@Jenwitemi: This thread does not involve your type. It is a specific thread for those who claim to have belief in God, specifically the Christians to engage in effort to convert the muslims. If you are a christian or muslim, then participate otherwise, scram. You are wanted here anymore. Let just say this is not your place to vent your anger against belief.

@The christians; Here are your opportunities, individually to tell us about your God {Jesus, Holy Ghost and Jehovah}, your Belief from the Bible, The Torah of Moses, Psalm of David and or just the Gospel of Jesus and or just the Pauline formulation of your faith. All of you are fumbling about, dropping the ball, not being able to score easy points and goals.

If you can't even help the muslims who are willing to learn, is this not a sign that you don't know and or don't even believe in the Belief in the first place? How are you going to win souls for your God and your non effort may actually earn you condemnation, even those who perform miracles will be rejected. Imagine what will happen to you failing to capitalize on the opportunity to tell the muslims about christianity, when you don't even perform miracles?
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
ameen!

may Allah reward you too abundantly!!!
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Jenwitemi(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
Very simple to answer. Moslems are people of faith and not of reason. Meaning that, as far as religion and the issues surrounding it is concerned, moslems can never apply reasoning to it and thus have no right to call out people of different faiths to do likewise. Based on this, the OP has no right to demand a debate on another religion based on reasoning.
Mobinga:

Tell me why you assert a Moslem cannot work with reasoning?
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Very simple to answer. Moslems are people of faith and not of reason. Meaning that, as far as religion and the issues surrounding it is concerned, moslems can never apply reasoning to it and thus have no right to call out people of different faiths to do likewise. Based on this, the OP has no right to demand a debate on another religion based on reasoning.

Let us see what the Holy Quran has to say on this claim:

"Surely the worst of beasts in God's sight are those that are deaf and dumb and do not reason" (8:22)

"And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason".(10:100)

"Say: Bring your proof if you are truthful". (2:111)

"God changes not what is in a people, until they change what is in themselves" ,  (13:11)

"How many a city We have destroyed in its evildoing, and now it is fallen down upon its turrets. How many a ruined well, a tall palace. What, have they not journeyed in the land so that they have hearts to understand with, or ear to hear with ,  ?" (22:45-46)

"If thou obeyest the most part of those on earth, they will lead thee astray from the path of God: they follow only surmise, merely conjecturing". (6:116)

"And pursue not that thou has no knowledge of" ,  (17:36)

"And when it is said to them: 'Follow what God has sent down', they say, 'No; but we will follow such things as we found our fathers doing.' What? Even if their fathers had no understanding of anything, and if they were not guided ?" (2:170)

"They follow nothing except conjecture, and what the self desires" ,  (53:25)

"Nor speaks he out of caprice. This is naught but a revelation revealed taught him by one terrible in power, very strong; he stood poised, being on the higher horizon, then drew near and approached nearer, two bow's length away, or nearer, then revealed to His servant that He revealed. His heart lies not of what he saw". (53:3-11)

for more,read:

"Understanding the Uniqueness of the Qur'an"
http://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/unique-quran.htm#CONRE
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Mobinga: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
LagosShia:

who was talking about pharisees?i was referring to Matthew 15:4 as evidence of Jesus upholding and supporting the implementation of mosaic law.Jesus as reported in matthew 15:4 was upholding this:

Exodus 21:17 "Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9 "'If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

Have you understood the concept of "put to death"? . .  Eternal damnation. If all things are to be taken literally how do you explain these from the Quran?

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

Is your Quran forcing violence on its followers? Brainwashing and blowing up buildings?

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people, They desire nothing but your ruin, You believe in the entire Book, When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

Implying we should not take in sinners into our care, but despise them?

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

Did the great Holy Bible not preach "Forgive and forget"?

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

I could go on.
Your book vehemently spreads hate and evil.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Have you understood the concept of "put to death"? . .  Eternal damnation. If all things are to be taken literally how do you explain these from the Quran?

Is your Quran forcing violence on its followers? Brainwashing and blowing up buildings?

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people, They desire nothing but your ruin, You believe in the entire Book, When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

I could go on.

True talk cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
reasoning

Islam and reasoning

grin grin
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Have you understood the concept of "put to death"? . . Eternal damnation. If all things are to be taken literally how do you explain these from the Quran?
why the dishonesty? the phrase is "must be put to death".put to death by who? this isn't a figurative statement.this was a law from the bible upheld by the jews.you dont invent such a trick and escape from the reality.

you guys should have fear in God and not waste other people's time with such nonsensical and baseless replies.

I could go on.

you can go on,no doubt,but you always forget that the Quran makes it clear that we should not oppress anyone and we should not transgress and we should not offend anyone.we are taught also to be friendly to those who have not hurt us or declared war on us.

those who take the verses you quoted literal are the christian missionaries who try to lie and the wahhabis who kill innocent people.

please do us a favor and read this short write-up here explaining the verses you are questioning.then tell me if you are convinced or not:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-831782.0.html#msg9827662
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by LagosShia: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2011
HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

(SHOW ME ONE VERSE FROM THE ENTIRE BIBLE LIKE THE ABOVE!)

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Joagbaje(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2011
Sweetnecta:

I love your approach and the way this discussion is being done in a civic manner. That's what I'm talking about. No insult ,no abuses, Let truth prevail . cool
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
But its the Christians that insult when they cant refute.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
One wonders what happened to the christian apologetic, missionaries, etc, losing this big opportunity to make a muslim on nairaland christian? I do believe the christians are either hypocrites, ignorant of their religion, do not even believe in their religion enough to invite others to it, or some other equally telling reason[s].

When you guys in christianity fail, then give the muslims the opportunity to invite you to Islam, perchance you may be guided without your already jaundiced understanding based on boko haram, alqaeda, etc unislamic acts.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
uplawal:

But its the Christians that insult when they cant refute.

And Abrogate grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2011
^^ This guy and his 32, all the time. Is this how to make us christians, your mere exposure of 32? SSSShhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Abeg evangelize or scram.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2011
[size=13pt]Luke 22:36
(36) "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

This verse spoken by Jesus should encourage Muslims to become Christains as they are allowed to still keep their swords. [/size]
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^ This guy and his 32, all the time. Is this how to make us christians, your mere exposure of 32? SSSShhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Abeg evangelize or scram.

its hard to do so when lagosshia keeps interjecting with irrelevant comments. What EXACTLY are your questions or concerns?
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Davidylan; Start from your God and His earliest message to man. That's is a starting point or you can chose any place in Christianity or Message of your God to begin the dialogue. I commend you for standing tall. The others are ducking their heads.
Re: I Want To Engage With Pure Reasoning. by Sweetnecta: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
@MrBible: « #28 on: Yesterday at 10:16:45 PM »
[Quote]Luke 22:36
(36) "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

This verse spoken by Jesus should encourage Muslims to become Christains as they are allowed to still keep their swords.[/Quote]What about the nudi.ty since I have no cloth, but only sword?

The indecency is worse in the scale of evil deed that just holding sword. But the sword is not a cultural thing like dagger of the arabs. So the sword was purchase by the disciples for a purpose. What purpose, because a gentle soul does not carry a weapon, unless he intended to use it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Christianity Really A Monotheistic Religion? / ok / Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.