Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

I Need Legal Advice ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Legal Advice ? (933 Views)

I Need Legal Advice / Legal Advice Available On This Thread / Legal Advice/support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Legal Advice ? by kinghaleem: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
Hi
If there is a foreigner contractor & finish his job in Nigeria then he has been awarded for payment from ministry of finance via CBN then CBN wired through overseas bank then later on the CBN has a lot of banks issues with said overseas bank then The contract payment has been re-call to CBN, Now why the contractor should go
To supreme court to approval his funds again, could somebody assist me here with
Some explains or what they call this case in law terms, Also if there any expert Nigerian law
forum discussion I can get help from will be very appreciated

Thanks for everyone
Re: I Need Legal Advice ? by omogidi234(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2012
Hi,

You will probably not get any lawyer who would advise you here. Not because they don't want to but because what you wrote did not drive home any point.

I want you to see lawyers as doctors who examine your legal illness and prescribe or treat your legal illness based on the information you give.

He looks at the symptoms of the legal illness and if he can, do legal diagnosis before administering legal treatment.

I want to you to please go over your post again and see if you could re-write so that this forum will understand and offer advice.

In the meantime, if you are in Nigeria, please walk to a law office and table your issue.

Compliment of the season.
Re: I Need Legal Advice ? by Beowulf(m): 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
As Omogidi234 aptly noted, the OP's query lacks clarity. I suggest you articulate your point better and I might be able to give you some general advice. To guide you for instance, could you answer the following questions:

1. Is this an individual contractor or a corporate one? I noticed your use of the pronoun "his" but I still want to be sure.
2. What specific issues did CBN have with the foreign bank?
3. Did the contractor have any dispute (s) with his employer that necessitated, presumably, the employer recalling his payment?

The issue of going to the the Supreme Court is pretty immature at this stage.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Confused I Dnt Knw Wat To Do / Learn How To Use MTN Short Codes To Make Money. / What Business Should I Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.