Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. (10586 Views)

444 Deaths In 39 Days: Boko Haram, More Daring, More Heartless / Boko-Haram: More Soldiers Sent To Adamawa State / Boko Haram: More Bloodier And Deadlier Days Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by itiswell1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
I can bet it, BH would have long gone if at all there was any.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari is a clown. I don't think anything like Boko Haram would have happened in his administration in the first case. Leaving that aside, he's not a man who has had the country interest at heart - from the time he's a military president to when he tried to become a civilian one. I don't think he qualifies to be a president of Nigeria because he seems like a trouble maker and incompetent leader, for not letting peace to reign after loosing the election.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by badesco(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari cannot. Why because he is the architect of the crisis in the first place.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
There will be no Boko Haram is the guy was there, i never want him anyway
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by tollu: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
Bisijohn:

I don't know the people that can be President of this country, but of course, I know those who cannot be such as: Buhari,Babangida,Atiku,Gusau etc. Whether they like it or not GEJ will rule till 2015 and hand it over to an Ibo President, a Christian again. The so-called BH will cry for nothing sake. Buhari wouldn't have done better.

Because the majority reason in this way is why Nigeria is in this present mess and will remain in the current state for many many years to come.
One doesn't need a prophet to see this.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by nagoma(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
Anyone can do better than Jonathan. Please don't spoil Buhari's name by comparing his decisiveness on Nigeria with that of a retarded man imposed on the country- not out of merit but because of narrow tribal and sectional sentiments and wickedness of his so called voters.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by POTUT(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if Buhari would have done a better job. Saying anything for or against will be utter speculation, of the stuff of stock markets and currencies.

However, I do believe some things such as these:

1. Buhari appears to me to speak with conviction, GEJ doesn't evoke such in his talk, instead, he appears tired, not able to concentrate and removed.
2. Buhari was never known to act democratically. How would he have fared in a democratic setting of Nigeria today?
3. There seems to be a conscious effort to prevent Nigerians from knowing the financiers behind Boko Haram.
4. I voted GEJ, but it is now evident that he is incapable of intelligent solutions and lacks self-will.

How can Boko Haram boldly say that they went o Somalia to get training and you keep mum as a president. On what flight did they travel? Is it difficult to heavily landmine or fenceout our Northern borderlines? What is the security vote for, to buy property abroad?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Ndkings1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
What ar u pple sayin?
I don't there wud hav been any issue of boko haram if it was buhari that is in power.
Why is so hard for u guy 2 understand dat all this menace of boko hram is bkos it is xristian dat won election?
badesco:

Buhari cannot. Why because he is the architect of the crisis in the first place.
liv them, they wunt understand that
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dustydee: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
badesco:

No wonder Nigeria is still the way it is. On what basis? He started it to remove Yar'Adua from power? That this question is being asked is an indication that something is not right.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nd kings:

What ar u pple sayin?
I don't there wud hav been any issue of boko haram if it was buhari that is in power.
Why is so hard for u guy 2 understand dat all this menace of boko hram is bkos it is xristian dat won election?liv them, they wunt understand that

thats why we had boko haram duing the obj years
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
dustydee:

No wonder Nigeria is still the way it is. On what basis? H[b]e started it to remove Yar'Adua from power? That this question is being asked is an indication that something is not right.[/b]
Do you have any idea of strategy in any form? Please, spare me your simplistic approach to this issue. Before that happened during Yar'Adua regime the president was already going through unsurvivable sickness and they know it that Southerner is likely going to come in. Please reason again if you think this is not a political move, Boko Haram came into play when the Northerners understood the implication of loosing the presidency after Yar'Adua became  not savaged individual.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
oyb:

thats why we had boko haram duing the obj years

Please, read this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
There wouldn't have been NO BOKO HARAM if Buhari were the President, because these guys want only Muslims to rule the affair of our dear nation! They wanted the mantle of leadership back to them after the expiration of Obasanjo's tenure. They aren't happy with our friendship tides with the US, Britain and other nations that fought with Iraq etc. They feel so threatened and, their goal is to 'islamise' Nigeria.

I still do wonder why the Sultan of Sokoto, hasn't interfer nor call these Bokoharam men to order. smh
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
all4naija:

so in addition to postulating absurd conspiracy theories, you do not understand sarcasm.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2011
oyb:

so in addition to postulating absurd conspiracy theories, you do not understand sarcasm.
Lol, You should have made it looked like one. Maybe sarcasm is lost on you dude!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by onyengbu: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
For all you fools who has kept saying that boko haram has been around b4 GEJ, i cant agree less BUT tell me:
1. how many bombs did they detonate all that time?
2. How many containers of arms were intercepted in our ports?
3. Why did the bombs suddenly start exploding immediately it was obvious GEJ is goin to contest as PDP candidate?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by LEXYLOV: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
Even God said that his people are perishing because of lack of knowledge. I really weep for my country. one of the major problem that we have in Nigeria is tribal biased. I see here in NL everyday what people keep saying this and that about Buhari. Because of this particular tribal sentiment that make people voted en masse for GEJ and yet smelling the smoke today, when are we gonna wake up en ? Buhari would have make a better choice for that country at the moment, not only to erase BH alone but on many national challenges eg corruption,crimes,infrastructure, blackout etc. With Buhari experience, knowledge, age in Nigeria political, and Status as former anti corruption Cesar Head of state. Let me make it clear to you all, No president can change Nigeria to one religion, because Nigeria is too big and too wise for that. It cannot work and am so sure that is not what buhari want, because if he does he can't succeed he knows that well. Nigeria cannot be rule by any lenient person, that country is too wild for such. Please let us keep tribal sentiment aside and advocate for a strong regime to rescue this sinking ship, let us know that history will ask us all and we all have our lovely families back home.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
LEXYLOV:

Even God said that his people are perishing because of lack of knowledge. I really weep for my country. one of the major problem that we have in Nigeria is tribal biased. I see here in NL everyday what people keep saying this and that about Buhari. Because of this particular tribal sentiment that make people voted en masse for GEJ and yet smelling the smoke today, when are we gonna wake up en ? Buhari would have make a better choice for that country at the moment, not only to erase BH alone but on many national challenges eg corruption,crimes,infrastructure, blackout etc. With Buhari experience, knowledge, age in Nigeria political, and Status as former anti corruption Cesar Head of state. Let me make it clear to you all, No president can change Nigeria to one religion, because[b] Nigeria is too big and too wise for that[/b]. It cannot work and am so sure that is not what buhari want, because if he does he can't succeed he knows that well. Nigeria cannot be rule by any lenient person, that country is too wild for such. Please let us keep tribal sentiment aside and advocate for a strong regime to rescue this sinking ship, let us know that history will ask us all and we all have our lovely families back home.
Ni g e r i a i s t o o b i g and w i s e f o r t h a t . . . Another arrogant Nigerian commenting!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Skii(m): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2011
Had buhari been president he would have done a better job handling boil haram

Questions or doubts about his religious fanatism were answered when he chose bakare as his running mate

Without a doubt Gen was a wrong choice for this country
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Skii(m): 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
*gej
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by alfablondy: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
What is the relevance of comparing Buhari and GEJ to finding lasting solution to the present boko haram problem? Whether he would have tackle it more effectively is not relevant now, unless he(Buhari) is the solution to boko haram problem as some of his supporters might want to claim.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by hercules07: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
The Nigerian President wields enormous powers, it is not different from the powers of a Military dictator, OBJ leveled Zaki Biam and Odi and nothing happened, Buhari would have smoked out all these BH people long time ago, ask the Chadians, ask Maitatsine, he dealt with all of them.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by nikky5(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
'There is no god except allah'.This is what they chant everyday.allah is a god and one of the 360 idols worshipped in kaabah.The father of mohammed was abdallah meaning the servant of allah which has been worshiped long before he was born.Every muslim is possessed with this spirit of allah and we know that the gods the people worship are nothing but demons.The true sorshipper of allah hates Christ because the spirit of allah is an anti-christ spirit.The almajiris in the north from ages 4 and above are indoctrinated to embrace the spirit of allah but hate the Man who was crucified and his followers.If u are interested next time I will give u all the references from the kuran and hadith.Mohammed though an illiterete wrote those satanic verses under demonic inspiration and that is why every suicide bomber must be indoctrinated in the spirit of the brotherhood and certain surahs read to these illiterates believing that they are fighting the cause of allah.The next thing that happens is the spriit of allah coming upon them and they become blood thirsty shoting allahu akbar meaning allah is the greatest.Those of us who were saved from that religion of destruction knows all these secrets. allah is not God and Jesus is LORD.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by LEXYLOV: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
Ni g e r i a i s t o o b i g and w i s e f o r t h a t . . . Another arrogant Nigerian commenting!

Bro, I hope you understand what you are talking about. Truly only a senseless someone who believe that Nigeria can be forced to be a one religion country by anyone. If that would be, it would have been long long ago. Not in this modern 21st century generation. No head of state can change Nigeria to a single religion again , unless you want a war or separation. that is what means NIGERIA IS TOO BIG FOR THAT.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by expert555: 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
I agree with the notion strongly that BK haram will not be here at least in this form if Buhari was the President. This is a fact, when people voted for GEJ they did so not necessarily because he was more capable than Buhari they did just to give minority a chance to lead the country for once. If fact there is no comparity in terms of anything between GEJ and Burahi, the later will always win. After carefully examines GEJ rightly or wrongly I think GEJ is more interested in staying alive to hand-over to someone else 2015 than trying to do anything drastic. I think he is thinking the core north dominated the army he doesn't want to meet the same faith like Ironsi. He is scared stiff of being kill by the army if he start anything he can't finish, there are not many Ijaws in the army when shove turn push he might not get the support he needed.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by crackhouse(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
@poster, don't bring up this issue again here. Are u buhari's campaign manager?. Why are u comparing Buhari with Gej?. It's true we are having security problems in Nigeria but that does not mean Buhari is better than Gej. Buhari have ruled this country before and will not rule again. If Buhari is the president, i bet u there will be nothing like Boko haram. Boko haram is been used to destabilise Gej's Govt to make it look worse. As u can see, buhari is warming up for 2015 poll because he believe nigerians will vote for him because of the insecurity facing us and this is exactly what he wanted. This is a man that said he have resign from active politics. I am wondering why he want to come back again. Maybe it's b/cos he think he will not have a strong rivalry come 2015 as many nigerians may not like to vote Gej again in the next poll.
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by trix1: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2011
I'm glad I was in the north when 'Boko haram' unleashed one of their numerous attacks, and one thing we heard them chanting was 'Sai Buhari'. So any1 who tinks there would have still been 'boko haram' if Buhari had won is greatly mistaken!.
The reason why security is solid in most developed countries is 'cos the citizens play their own part. How many of all these people complaining have given a useful tip to any security agency about boko haram? They are NOT spirits!! The military/police can't work without proper intel!
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by cardoso111(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
I can bet that if Buhari were to be in power,there would be no Boko Haram;without any political bias,peace would have been here ever since.The precedents of happenings all over the nation's landspace indicate such
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by ridgeman: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
Buhari would have dealt with BH same way as he dealt with other issues during his brief time in office. Having said that, the real issue is what is GEJ going to do about BH right now it appears that he doesn't have a plan of action. The sad thing is that other 'extremist' movements will see this as an opportunity to unleash terror , and that is the bigger problem
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by kizito96(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
They would not have tried this rubbish in any Military Government. Ask Odi town what Obassanjo did to them
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
Will ibb had nullified the 1993 elections if tofa had won the presidential election ?
Re: Would Buhari Have Tackled Boko Haram More Effectively. by dustydee: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
all4naija:

Have you read it yourself?
Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf formed Boko Haram in 2002 in Maiduguri.[14] He established a religious complex that included a mosque and a school. Many poor families from across Nigeria and from neighboring countries enrolled their children in the school, which also served as a recruiting center for jihadis to fight the Nigerian state.[8] In 2004 it moved to Kanamma, Yobe State, where it set up a base called "Afghanistan", used to attack nearby police outposts, killing police officers.[15] Yusuf is hostile to democracy and the secular education system, vowing that "this war that is yet to start would continue for long" if the political and educational system was not changed.
they formed and started training people in 2002 because they knew GEJ was going to be president in 2010 abi? clap for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning To Fight For Politicians As Elections Approach? This Is For You (Video) / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years / Bode George: Nigerians Will Regret If Tinubu Becomes President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.