Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,750 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Remember The Volcano Of Mt.Vesuvius: I Come As A Thief - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Remember The Volcano Of Mt.Vesuvius: I Come As A Thief (845 Views)

I Come As "The God Of Chosen" - Lynda Exposed / The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remember The Volcano Of Mt.Vesuvius: I Come As A Thief by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.  They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came,and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodomit rained fire and brimstone from heaven,  and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the daywhen the Son of man is revealed.  Luk 17:26-30

Statues of people made of gold were everywhere.  While they all appeared similar, there was a distinction.   Some were pure gold, but others had a marking etched upon them.  The angel said that those of pure gold were worthy of redemption, but the others were rejected.

But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. Heb 6:8

She searched through voluminous ancient texts in libraries searching for the story of Vesuvius.  (Its name means “unquenchable.”)  She had to climb quite high in one particular library to find the book of knowledge.  As she pulled it off its shelf, it started to fall apart in her hand.  It was dusty and decaying, but within it contained the pertinent information that she sought.  It told the story of a city that was marked for destruction and why.

As she read, she was transported to ancient Vesuvius, a thriving town filled with commerce, religion, lasciviousness, and great wealth.  The architecture of Pompeii was extravagant, and upon its walls were frescoes portraying multitudes of the false gods worshipped there.

She stood in a field, beautiful, green and lush amidst many other souls who were going about their daily activities.  As she watched, she noted that no one seemed to notice that the earth was shaking!  She looked up she saw a great mountain in the horizon.  It was shaking and quaking and suddenly an explosion erupted and spewed forth a great black cloud.  Fires streamed forth from Vesuvius, and she watched as all life, both man and beast were destroyed. The fires were everywhere and as they passed through her, she stood and was not destroyed.

Pompeii was a real city, with a thriving culture, under the severe rule of the Roman Empire.  Its citizens appeared to have lived very opulent lifestyles in lavish homes, where its walls were decorated the various cult gods.  Some of these frescoes portrayed a serpent which was used in some of their rituals. Standing in the midst was the great mountain, Vesuvius, known for its prior eruptions.  They lived in a virtual city of destruction.

The timing of Vesuvius’ eruption is interesting.  Just several years prior to Pompeii’s annihilation, the city of Jerusalem was overcome and destroyed by the Roman leaders Vespasian and Titus, just as Jesus told us:

And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. Mat 24:2

Vesuvius was speaking long before the eruption occurred.  It had erupted in the past, and just a few years before the destruction of Pompeii, earthquakes were occurring.

God has not left us without a witness.  Even in nature we see the evidence of Him all around us.  He also sent the Faithful Witness, our Lord Jesus and His words, life and history are preserved in the last witness which is under vicious attack – the Word of God.

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:  That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:  Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:  Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.  Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:  Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.  And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters’ vessel that is broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit. Isa 30:8-14

Sadly, in many homes and institutions, the Bible sits on bookshelves where it collects dust.  The truths contained within the scriptures are rejected and replaced with the wisdom of men – professors, philosophers, politicians, movie stars, sports heroes and the like.  Man has exalted himself in every area of human life above God, and sadly, even within the church.

God says, all souls are mine, but man says we may kill it.  God says, teach your children my ways, but man has removed His Wisdom from schools and homes.  God has said, I am your King, but man elects Saul in His place.

For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. J[b]er 2:13 [/b]

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hos 4:6

Evidences of God’s power and judgment are all around us, are recorded within the Bible and the historical texts that fill up libraries everywhere.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 1Co 10:11-12

My father used to say, not all that glitters is gold.  While some Christians have gone through the fiery trials of faith to be purified as pure gold, the majority have not withstood the test of faith.  They have refused the counsel of God, denying the cross and its sufferings, having followed after the systems of the world.  They no longer reflect the Light of Christ, and because of their refusal to submit to the obedience required in the scriptures, have gone the way of Cain.  Being of the world (and no longer heaven), they now bear its mark, reflecting carnal, unholy and ungodly beliefs, whereby they reap corruption.  The serpent’s tail (false prophets) have drawn down these stars that once shined so brightly in the firmament.  This tarnished gold still wishes to be called by His name, appearing in churches, pulpits, conventions, television and all other media, but they are no longer “HOLINESS TO THE LORD.”  They bring forth another message, another gospel, deceiving and being deceived.

Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. Jas 5:3

Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. Dan 12:10

Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things. Pro 28:5

However, those that have drawn nigh to God, being conformed to the image of the Son, and having their minds renewed and washed with the Holy Scriptures, have separated themselves from the world and its defilements.  They do not have the mark of destruction upon their foreheads on in their right hands.  These are undefiled and holy and they follow the Lamb wheresoever He goes.  They are the gold that is redeemed and have been forgiven their sins by the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. Rev 3:4

Jesus taught us that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.  If we have dedicated our lives to the defense of the gospel and propagation of the Word of God, we know His will.  We understand God’s blessings and cursings, as they are recorded in the pages of scripture.

Saints possess the Holy Spirit, and can feel the earth shaking long before it ever manifests in the physical realm.  They expect the fires to come and know they will arrive soon.  They warn the wicked to forsake their ways, because when judgment does come, it will be too late.  But the wicked mock and scorn God’s messengers, as they mocked Noah and Lot, however, when catastrophe strikes the tarnished gold will cry “hide us from Him that sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb.”

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. 2Th 1:7-10

Fire is coming.  It will be as Vesuvius, unquenchable.  It will destroy all the evil doers that are offending God.  Jesus is returning and will judge all of mankind.  There is no escape.

To those that are without, the saints cry, “come to the city of God, flee from the wrath to come.”  The Shepherd who gave His life for the sheep stands at the door and knocks.  I beg you not to reject the One who came to bring you life.  If you are backslidden, repent and return to the Savior.  If you are in unbelief, cry out to God and He will reveal the Son.

The Spirit and the Bride say, “come.”

Article

(1) (Reply)

Maybe Nigeria Should Invite This Guy To Deal With Boko Haram? / Roman Catholic Church Under Constant Siege By Christians, Pagans & Terrorists / Did He Really Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.