Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan (2909 Views)

Tweet:nigerians Remind Fani Kayode What He Said About Goodluck Jonathan Years BK / See Challenges About Goodluck Jonathan Fires Back; Replies President Buhari / See What The Almajiris In Nigeria Said About Goodluck Jonathan (READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by VoodooDoll(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2011
I see the only way to make a change is from the "ground up".

Tackle state governments, engage the local government people, wean your state off the FG. That way the states and regions become less dependent on FG.

Nigeria's GDP is approaching $400bn, oil adds less than a quarter of that. So we should engage those state level guys as well.

"Power is never given, it is always taken".

Abuja produces zero but it controls the power, I say the states and regions should take that power back - within constitutional and reasonable means.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
@poster, I notice this is not the only one of these threads you have started in the past year. When do we expect to see you come up with something we can get working on?
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Abeem(m): 12:47am On Dec 30, 2011
This is mere wishful thinking. If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. GEJ is on his victory lap, having just secured a carte blanche or a blank check from the judiciary to rule as he desires. The unfortunate thing is that the country cannot get rid of him and we are stuck with him for another 3 more years.
There is no stopping him now. It is no use crying over spilled milk, the damage has been done. Like the proverbial sower of wind, we have sowed the wind and we are reaping the whirlwind. We had the opportunity to banish him away from Aso Rock in April, but majority of voters put religion and other prejudices above higher national interest and voted for a mediocre candidate despite the warnings from the minority, who from his antecedents in office, knew he has nothing to offer the country.
We should be careful of what we wish for ourselves, for good luck has its limit. Mr. Goodluck has pushed his luck too far and the vast majority of our people are running out of patience to deal with his incompetence as president.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by soloqy: 3:39am On Dec 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@poster, I notice this is not the only one of these threads you have started in the past year. When do we expect to see you come up with something we can get working on?

He is in fact, very confused. In his first post, he says GEJ hasnt done anything in 22 months, then he says he doesnt think removing him will solve the problem. Then he talks about 'obstructionism'.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Beaf: 4:16am On Dec 30, 2011
soloqy:

He is in fact, very confused. In his first post, he says GEJ hasnt done anything in 22 months, then he says he doesnt think removing him will solve the problem. Then he talks about 'obstructionism'.

This is his profile pic. It clearly say's, "I will ra'pe you."
A lot of these people are disturbed.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=301545;type=avatar[/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=507849
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 30, 2011
soloqy:

actually, you are the one who is confused - if you bother to read through the thread you will see the whole issue has been thorougly analyzed

gej is a failure, but the people in line behind him - sambo, david mark, tambulawal are even worse

sambo to gej is gej to tardua

from frying pan to fire to hades
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 30, 2011
Beaf:

This is his profile pic. It clearly say's, "I will ra'pe you."
A lot of these people are disturbed.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=dlattach;id=301545;type=avatar[/img]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=507849

our dumb failure at character assasination is at it again.

amazing, this hypocrite ,  a thug who regularly spams with ejiotic gifs pretends not to know that evil brain is a gamer and the gif is gamer bragadaccio, take me on and i will kick your Bottom, sort of like the way beaf is regularly shafted with no vaseline by his intellectual superiors on nl

in any event, anyone would be mildly disturbed when contemplating the simpleton in aso rock
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by soloqy: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
oyb:

actually, you are the one who is confused - if you bother to read through the thread you will see the whole issue has been thorougly analyzed

gej is a failure, but the people in line behind him - sambo, david mark, tambulawal are even worse

sambo to gej is gej to tardua

from frying pan to fire to hades

Evil Brain:

Personally I don't think removing Jonathan will solve our problem because those who will replace him are likely to be the same or worse. I think the best strategy is one of obstructionism.

That means we block every thing Jonathan tries to do. We frustrate his every move. The NLC and TUC seem to be doing reasonably well in delaying his subsidy removal plans. If we can do the same thing with all his other harebrained ideas, maybe we can completely tie his hands so that he can't do too much damage before 2015.

The problem with this plan is that the likes of Boko Haram will get a free reign until then. But this is probably inevitable anyway because there's no constitutionally acceptable way to remove Jonathan, Sambo and Mark together. Whatever we do, we'll still be stuck with the spine of the same ineffective PDP government.

Evil Brain:

Or maybe we could recall Jonathan and Sambo. I'm not sure how feasible that is, but it's an option.

Recall them and then who takes over? The same David Mark whom he also doesnt want there?

If all this is not confusion to you , then I say sorry o. I make sure I post on Nairaland objectively and never let my hate, prejudice or bias for any person whether a Nairalander or someone in Governmant affect my judgement or posts. I suggest you have that as a motto too.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Beaf: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
oyb:

our dumb failure at character assasination is at it again.

amazing, this hypocrite ,  a thug who regularly spams with ejiotic gifs pretends not to know that evil brain is a gamer and the gif is gamer bragadaccio, take me on and i will kick your Bottom, sort of like the way beaf is regularly shafted with no vaseline by his intellectual superiors on nl

in any event, anyone would be mildly disturbed when contemplating the simpleton in aso rock

You are an exemplary definition of the word, fool.
There are very few people outside the insane that will defend a threat to ra'pe; its possible that you have actually gone mad from your bouts of red-eyed hatred and bigotry.

How does one bath a swine? cry
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2011
Beaf:

You are an exemplary definition of the word, fool.
There are very few people outside the insane that will defend a threat to ra'pe; its possible that you have actually gone mad from your bouts of red-eyed hatred and bigotry.

How does one bath a swine? cry

dude, stop being dumb

you should know a thing or two about r'ape - i mean, me, gbawe, dk, dem dem , etal have made you our biatch countless times cheesy cheesy

let me go find where u're spitting crap so i ca stick it to you again

meanwhile the thread is about what to do about the simpleton in aso rock - stop derailing smiley smiley smiley

you should be able to advocate for our favorite dunce rather than try to vex people into shifting the subject

like i told your lame arse in the other thread, thats just madness.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2012
yes, only 3 more years to live with the burden of all of the following

increased fuel price without any results
military crackdown on civil protest
embrace of criminals by the FG as enforcers
boko haram
empty promises

does this mean nigerians will learn their lesson about sentiment vs common sense?
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by PointB: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hmm, people will not learn. They keep imagining vain wishes.

@Topic/Op
the only way to remove GEJ is to wait until his tenure is over and then work and pray he does not offer himself for reelection. If he does, over 25 million of his supporters are ready to cast their votes for him again.

Remove GEJ my foot. Nonsense talk!
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by maclatunji: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
I don't think it will take 2 weeks before GEJ makes another blunder that we will all be talking about. The man is just an incredible serial blundering leader.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by blacksta(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
PointB:

Hmm, people will not learn. They keep imagining vain wishes.

@Topic/Op
the only to remove GEJ is to wait until his tenure is over and the work and pray he does not offer himself for reelection. If he does, over 25 million of his supporters are ready to cast their votes for him again.

Remove GEJ my foot. Nonsense talk!

Wishful thinking - I am not sure of that 25 million any more - I pray the spirt of God enters Gej and hopefully do something tangible before his tenure ends.
Re: What To Do About Goodluck Jonathan by namfav(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
send him to maiduguri without any bodyguards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Achebe Needs Cure From Awophobia – Adebanjo. Picked Holes In Achebe's Accusation / Dr. Jude Igwemezie An Outstanding Nigeria / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.