Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Political-economy Of Hajj - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Political-economy Of Hajj (818 Views)

Bilikisu-Yusuf, Nigerian Journalist Dies In The Hajj Stampede / No Matter The Economy Of The Jungle.i Can Never Eat Grass...it Is Not Pride... / Political-economy Of Hajj! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political-economy Of Hajj by jintujinta(m): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
Every year many islamic faithfuls go to Mecca to perform Hajj. This act of tourism has greatly enriched Saudi Arabia. There is much to the pilgrimage than just religion. It is simply an avenue to develop their tourism and they have done it well.

i think nigeria should think of a tourist attraction and robe it around one religion if that will help to develop our tourism sector as hajj has helped Saudi Arabia.
Re: Political-economy Of Hajj by mrpataki(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2007
jintujinta:

Every year many islamic faithfuls go to Mecca to perform Hajj. This act of tourism has greatly enriched Saudi Arabia.
Do you know how many lives have been lost from this tourism of yours?

jintujinta:

There is much to the pilgrimage than just religion.
Sure there is more to it. I know of some of neighbours who came back from the pilgrimage only to have three of his teeth removed and inserted a fake gold teeth there. Is that part of the pilgrimage to go worship the moon?

jintujinta:

It is simply an avenue to develop their tourism and they have done it well.
It is simply an avenue to develop the pockets of the useless leaders we have in the country, and they have done it well.

jintujinta:

i think nigeria should think of a tourist attraction and robe it around one religion if that will help to develop our tourism sector as hajj has helped Saudi Arabia.
I think Nigeria should consider the North as a tourist attraction and increase the number of jobless Mulas around the religion of Islam, if that will develop more of the killing sector as it has done with Saudi Arabia tourism.

(1) (Reply)

Where Would U Be On Christmas Day? / By Copyright © "allah" / Why Are Christians So Eager To Preach Rather Than Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.