Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? (4264 Views)

Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / What Shocked You. When You Entered A Foreign Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 1:37am On Dec 27, 2011
Hi, my name is David. I created this thread so we can share ideas, scopes and be of aid to ourselves. What are/was your reason for leaving the country? Which country? How genuine are the abilities of getting what you want/wanted? Are u stranded? How can you help others travelling to the same destination? What's your idea about Nigerians leaving the country for a greener pasture? What advise will you render to someone travelling to your country of residence? Which business/career idea works most in your country of residence? E.t.c
Let's help each other by rendering our helps, opinions and ideas. We might eventually save lives by doing so. Thank you. Merry xmas and a happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by europe76(m): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
@poster wat do u mean? plz brush ur english
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
europe76:

@poster wat do u mean? plz brush your english

grin grin grin grin really?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondavsonlt(m): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2011
europe76:

@poster wat do u mean? plz brush your english
Don't you understand English language?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by iice(f): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
Not bad.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2011
@justwise, my dad's sending me to south africa to study. . The job idea was mine, cos I wasn't gonna be idle. Dats why I opened those threads. I wasn't gonna sponsor myself; and not europe, where racism is really high. Tnx. But I need ideas on how to survive in the labour markets in s.a.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by alfablondy: 8:03am On Dec 29, 2011
Dondav:

@justwise, my dad's sending me to south africa to study. . The job idea was mine, cos I wasn't gonna be idle. Dats why I opened those threads. I wasn't gonna sponsor myself; and not europe, where racism is really high. Tnx. But I need ideas on how to survive in the labour markets in s.a.

@ dondav you should have said this in your previous threads or in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-829830.0.html

Why do you decide to explain yourself after opening the 4th thread relating to travelling and working especially in South Africa?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2011
True. Tnx man. And I apologise for that. This one aint only abt me, but everyone. Are u in south africa?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
Dondav:

If your daddy can afford to pay your fees and cost of living there then go for it but don't go there hoping to depend on part-time job to survive, if you think Europeans are racist wait until you get to South Africa. . they are 'inlove' with Nigerians
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2011
@justwise. . . Funny!
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by worry246(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2011
Like justwise said.
The white population will hate you because you are black
The native Zulu population will hate you because you are an immigrant.
EVERYONE will hate you because you are Nigerian.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by llbhuds: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Dondav:

why will people continue to say this rubbish about racism in Europe while they are still in Nigeria?
some people can be so so myopic in reasoning.
i wish you can visit any north African country or ur beloved south Africa and you will know what discrimination really means

Rubbish
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by kennybuda: 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2012
@llbhuds

I like ur post abeg , the dream of picking money on european streets still dey alive grin grin grin
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by OmoTier1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2012
Answering the OP questions;
I was left with very little option than to leave Nigeria and further my Education overseas, UK precisely several years ago because no University based in Nigeria offered the programme I wanted to study! And to date, no University in Nigeria offers the programme. I really never wanted to leave Nigeria to study elsewhere! But I guess I made the right decision and I am happy for it! But on the other hand, it's painful that my skills, knowledge and expertise is being utilized by another country to advance their society.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by seunny4lif(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2012
ARE EUROPEANS SO RACIST LIKE MY PEOPLE HERE
PLEASE I NEED A REASONABLE ANSWER,
ARE THEY UP TO THE LEVEL OF NORTH AFRICANS EXPECT MORROCO
(1)IN LIBYA,JUST SHOUT ON LIBYA OR ANY ARAB MAN,THE NEXT THING IS ENOUGH BEATING FOR YOUR BODY
(2)IT IS ONLY IN LIBYA THAT,AN ARAB MAN HAS NO JOB THAN TO BE LOOKING FOR BLACK MAN TROUBLE,
(3)A CHILD OF 12 YRS OLD WILL COMMAND YOU TO COME AND IF ANY CHANCE YOU INSULT HIM THE REST NA GOD GO SAVE YOU,
(4)THEY CALL YOU NIGGA INTO YOUR FACE,IF YOU LIKE GO ,DIE THEM NO SEND YOU
(5)LIBYA WILL PARK THEIR CARS @ANY TIME,IF THEY SEE ANY BLACK WITH ARAB MAN SHOUT AT EACH OTHER, THE NEXT NA
, BEATINGS
(6)YOU PAID HOUSE RENT OF ABOUT 100 DINAR (10,000 NAIRA) MONTHLY BUT NO REST OF MIND IN YOUR HOUSE
(7)THEY ATTACK YOU AND COLLECT YOUR PHONE,MONEY AND PASSPORT, FUNNY THING IS THAT YOU KNOW THEM BUT WHAT WILL YOU DO,
(coolYOU HAVE TO PAY TO COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT AND SIM CARD,
(9)REPORT HAHAHAHAHA TO WHO?POLICE IN LIBYA ARE LIKE THEIR PEOPLE,
(10)NEVER LOOK THEIR WOMEN TWICE OR ELSE NA HOSPITAL YOU GO LAND
(11)NO GO HERE THEIR HOSPITAL OHHHHHHHH,NA INJECTION THEY GO GIVE YOU,NA DIE BE THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOO
(12)JUST HAS ANYBODY WHO HAS BEEN TO LIBYA BEFORE
ARE ALL THIS HAPPENING IN RUSSIAN?TELL ME PLEASE
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by OmoTier1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
seunny4lif:

ARE EUROPEANS SO RACIST LIKE MY PEOPLE HERE
PLEASE I NEED A REASONABLE ANSWER,
ARE THEY UP TO THE LEVEL OF NORTH AFRICANS EXPECT MORROCO
(1)IN LIBYA,JUST SHOUT ON LIBYA OR ANY ARAB MAN,THE NEXT THING IS ENOUGH BEATING FOR YOUR BODY
(2)IT IS ONLY IN LIBYA THAT,AN ARAB MAN HAS NO JOB THAN TO BE LOOKING FOR BLACK MAN TROUBLE,
(3)A CHILD OF 12 YRS OLD WILL COMMAND YOU TO COME AND IF ANY CHANCE YOU INSULT HIM THE REST NA GOD GO SAVE YOU,
(4)THEY CALL YOU NIGGA INTO YOUR FACE,IF YOU LIKE GO ,DIE THEM NO SEND YOU
(5)LIBYA WILL PARK THEIR CARS @ANY TIME,IF THEY SEE ANY BLACK WITH ARAB MAN SHOUT AT EACH OTHER, THE NEXT NA
, BEATINGS
(6)YOU PAID HOUSE RENT OF ABOUT 100 DINAR (10,000 NAIRA) MONTHLY BUT NO REST OF MIND IN YOUR HOUSE
(7)THEY ATTACK YOU AND COLLECT YOUR PHONE,MONEY AND PASSPORT, FUNNY THING IS THAT YOU KNOW THEM BUT WHAT WILL YOU DO,
(coolYOU HAVE TO PAY TO COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT AND SIM CARD,
(9)REPORT HAHAHAHAHA TO WHO?POLICE IN LIBYA ARE LIKE THEIR PEOPLE,
(10)NEVER LOOK THEIR WOMEN TWICE OR ELSE NA HOSPITAL YOU GO LAND
(11)NO GO HERE THEIR HOSPITAL OHHHHHHHH,NA INJECTION THEY GO GIVE YOU,NA DIE BE THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOO
(12)JUST HAS ANYBODY WHO HAS BEEN TO LIBYA BEFORE
ARE ALL THIS HAPPENING IN RUSSIAN?TELL ME PLEASE
Really what are you doing in Libya
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by seunny4lif(m): 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
Yes, I working,working and working, NO fun at all and dont near nigerians girl.Na them be people wen dey see money but dont try them na maga you go turn to,
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by OmoTier1(m): 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
seunny4lif:

Yes, I working,working and working, NO fun at all and dont near nigerians girl.Na them be people wen dey see money but dont try them na maga you go turn to,
Really which work is there in LIBYA God save Nigerians! What kinda do you do?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by seunny4lif(m): 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2012
I AM PAINTER HERE BUT BY GOD GRACE I DEY GO NIGERIA SOON, THE COUNTRY IS OKAY FOR THERE CITIZEN ONLY.
BUY CAR FOR HERE NA PROBLEM, IN SHORT EVERY NA PROBLEM
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by OmoTier1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2012
seunny4lif:

I AM PAINTER HERE BUT BY GOD GRACE I DEY GO NIGERIA SOON, THE COUNTRY IS OKAY FOR THERE CITIZEN ONLY.
BUY CAR FOR HERE NA PROBLEM, IN SHORT EVERY NA PROBLEM
Dude, you'r an artisan by your description. And I tell you Artisans are making it big time in Nigeria if you know your trade. Why stay in a country where human right is non-existence and their hate crime is ever increasing!
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by llbhuds: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2012
kennybuda:

@llbhuds

I like your post abeg , the dream of picking money on european streets still dey alive  grin grin grin

bro there is no where in this world where you can pick big amount of money on the street.
i cant deny that life is kinda stressful in europe but when you have a good job and you dont live beyond your means, there is no way you wont be able to save some little euros at the end of the month ( that is if you get paper ooo)

I HATE IT WHEN NAIJA PEEPS TALK ABOUT RACISM IN EUROPE WHEN DEM NEVER EVEN ENTER FLIGHT FROM LAG TO ABJ FOR ONCE,  TOTAL RUBBISH
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by OmoTier1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2012
llbhuds:

bro there is no where in this world where you can pick big amount of money on the street.
i cant deny that life is kinda stressful in europe but when you have a good job and you dont live beyond your means, there is no way you wont be able to save some little euros at the end of the month ( that is if you get paper ooo)

I HATE IT WHEN NAIJA PEEPS TALK ABOUT RACISM IN EUROPE WHEN DEM NEVER EVEN ENTER FLIGHT FROM LAG TO ABJ FOR ONCE,  TOTAL RUBBISH
@ part in bold: Just 'cos you can afford to live inhumane life and work in condition that enable you to get slacks home doesn't mean we will pay blind eye to RACISM in Europe. There is RACISM and we need to speak out at all times against it. Mind you, I do not belong to the group you claimed never enter plane from LOS to ABV and 'm UK based too, okies!
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondavsonlt(m): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
llbhuds:

Now i'm 100% sure dat I pissed you off. Wow, dat's one heck of an angry man. . . Why are mad at me? Pardon me, If I may ask.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
Must I remind you guys dat i'm goin there to study, and perhaps its easier to migrate to other countries from south africa compared to Nigeria.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
Must I remind you guys dat i'm goin there to study, and perhaps its easier for a nigerian to migrate to other countries from south africa compared to Nigeria.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by amnestylaw(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
I read everyone´s comment and I must say, every one has some iota of truth in their opinion, In my case, I am Nigerian and travelled to Europe (Slovakia) because I am married to oyinbo woman. Of course I did not marry her because I wanted to travel out, I married her because I love her. Now, this is my fourth month I have been here. I have a permanent residence permit already and studying here through distance learning with the University of London International programme. I work with AT&T as UVN Implementation Manager just because I was able to speak good English during the interview and of course because I was smart with answers etc. I have only a Senior Secondary School Certificate and work among people with Ph.Ds, Masters and first degrees and IT professionals, I am paid well but after paying for accommodation and other expenses like feeding and transportation, I have few hundred Euros left. From my experience, there is racism everywhere in the world. Depending on what you do, where you are and how you react, For example, all blacks and non Slovaks are advised to not walk in the dark or go to corners at night because of Skinheads, I do not walk out after 11 at night here. I know my space and I have not fallen victim of racism than once in a bank. My wife dealt with the man who was making some kind of ''who the hell is this black smelly man?'' comments. She shouted at him in the bank and gave him a sharp comment in the Slovak language which the man used in addressing me, So, I will advise anyone coming to Europe to have a reason, legal reason for coming. I think they will find it kinda not easy at first but as soon as you got a job, a place to stay, you will save few euros to lodge in your bank account at home in Nigeria.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wow. . Gee! That was so kul. I would luv to get married to an oyibo too. . U're lucky; especially on da job aspect. Wow!
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by ifegy: 5:58am On Jan 03, 2012
@Dondav, if you have the means to study outside the country and want to work as well, you might do well to consider the Canadian system. Not many people back home are aware of the fact that because the Canadian government is focused on letting in skilled immigrants, they have made it a lot easier for foreign students who study here to work while they study and immigrate as well after their studies, if they so wish. And you don't have to marry oyibo to make it, just prove yourself through your studies and follow the rules for work/study/immigration. Admittedly, you have to have the funds to support your education for the most part, and in all likelihood tuition would be more expensive than South Africa, but I mention it in case it is within the realm of financial possibility for you.
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by GuluvaGG(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2012
Dondav:

Must I remind you guys dat i'm goin there to study, and perhaps its easier to migrate to other countries from south africa compared to Nigeria.

Which institution are you going to study at?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Wits or pretoria! Or which would u recommend?
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by llbhuds: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

@ part in bold: Just 'cos you can afford to live inhumane life and work in condition that enable you to get slacks home doesn't mean we will pay blind eye to RACISM in Europe. There is RACISM and we need to speak out at all times against it. Mind you, I do not belong to the group you claimed never enter plane from LOS to ABV and 'm UK based too, okies!

BLACK FACES IN  WHITE PLACES smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

im not living an inhumane life here in Europe (i love the kinda life im living) and i think millions of Africans living in Europe can testify to this. i never said racism is over in Europe and it cant be over cos even in our beloved African land you get abused racially talk more of a foreign land. i have been in Europe for sometimes now and i have never been or seen some1 being abused racially.
living in the UK is not a yardstick of being better than those i described in my previous comment, you are only a fortunate guy cos remember visa is only a privilege and not your right.

if wetin i talk pain you make you go commit suicide oooo
Re: Reasons, Ideas, Scopes & Aids . . Leaving The Country? Already In A Foreign Country? by Dondav(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
Well said! . . . Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight Attendant Spills Drinks On Airline CEO. See What Happened Next. Photo / Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo / 9 Of The Most Polluted Places In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.