Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Pictures Of Calabar Carnival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of Calabar Carnival (23168 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / The Magic Of Calabar And Their Women / Calabar Carnival 2013 [Live] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by muyoto: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
lovely
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by y2kaustin(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thats my Calabar,though i missed this years Carnival, All Hail the peoples paradise, Note duded,Calabar girls are the hotest,pretiest and sexiest in the whole of Nigeria.oya snipers start aiming, tongue tongue
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Siga: 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
claremont:

Na only this picture make sense out of this whole lot here!

I agree with u , the girl no bad ooo, lol grin
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2011
Really interesting
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by millionbuc(m): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
Do you know Rick Ross refused to perform at the Carnival at the last minute. find out more,

http://www.5slate..com
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by minto(m): 12:14am On Dec 28, 2011
25omega:

check out this chick  shocked me likey

Carribean flavor.
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Ivynwa(f): 12:37am On Dec 28, 2011
[size=28pt]I LOVE IT!!!!!![/size]

I like to see my people having fun and being happy. I am tripping for some of the costumes that has a lot of creativity put into them.
Those men with brown wooly cap are looking great and very neat in that their sweet traditional attire. It's sweet to see our traditional
mas and dance portrayed in a sophisticated way with some swagz to it. Isn't that what I was talking about in that Phortharcourt Carnival thread?
It's same old African masquarade-ing and dancing that they borrowed from us Africans. Carnival indeed is an African thing!

millionbuc:

Do you know Rick Ross refused to perform at the Carnival at the last minute. find out more,

http://www.5slate..com
What has Rick Ross got to do with Naija Carnival? I'm his fan but Carnival is a celebration of the culture of the people.
It is our own musicians that we should celebrate and have them performing and competing in carnivals not Boss man Ricky!
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Agybabe(f): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2011
Calabar my home land. I ​L♥√ع you, even when I wasn't at the carnival, I won't miss next year's edition. Proud to be a Calabar girl.
**CONFIRMED CALABAR GIRL**.
Who says we aren't the best? Abeg the "People's Paradise".
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by mystikal(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2011
These pics dont even show the true beauty and flamboyance of the day.
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by gregg2: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2011
I watched the carnival but did not go with camera.

There are many many more beautiful and facinating
scenes than the onse posted here.

Anyone with such pictures should please post them.
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Zenakoboko(m): 9:25am On Dec 28, 2011
@ 25omega, Claremont etc.

I spotted that pix too ooo! Una get eye sha, eye wey dey see good ting where every1 say bad ting full grin. Eye for half full cup, not half empty.
Calabar chics dey try behind closed doors. My guys and I @ the University of 'mahadum' are still trying to analyze the strain of protein in dog meat responsible for excessive release of the responsible hormone(s). Apologies to those wey no dey chop am buh una ancestors own still dey flow into the DNA.

Who knows, we can commercialize it (pls not for the unmarried tongue) to would help marriages and rekindle the flame where the passion's almost dead wink.

Anyway, this carnival is a whole lot berra than the procession I saw while in traffic in pH, (our people make una no vex O! I love pH buh I gatta speak da truth and nurrin buh da truth. We can do berra). undecided

Compliments of the season to all you good people of Nairaland! smiley
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by cuteprinz(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2011
Some more. . .

Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by cuteprinz(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2011
Continued . . .

Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by cuteprinz(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2011
Don & Onari Duke. . .

Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by terrifikjo(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2011
warri pple nor dey the carnival?
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by ThinkRait: 11:38am On Dec 28, 2011
Pix

Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by Revolva(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2011
Damm well after all these men enough banging, lol, calabar, kai
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by y2kaustin(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2011
don't you guys see anything else promising in calabar,apart from sex,women and all the trash you talk about my people here,huh?, angry angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by favouredjb(f): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
THAT PIc u guys are drooling about was not taken at d calaber carnival,but rather at d lagos carnival last year
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by gregg2: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
favouredjb:

THAT PIc u guys are drooling about was not taken at d calaber carnival,but rather at d lagos carnival last year

Sharrappp your mouth! there is no Lagos Carnival pix mong them.
I was at the Calabar carnival yesterday and saw all these scenes and many other
eye popping onse that no one has posted.

I wish I was there with my camera.
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by bayo1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
Sharrappp your mouth! there is no Lagos Carnival pix mong them.
I was at the Calabar carnival yesterday and saw all these scenes and many other
eye popping onse that no one has posted.

I wish I was there with my camera.

I have seen that same picture on facebook for more than 5 months ago! So don't be confused, it was not taken at Calabar carnival.
Re: Pictures Of Calabar Carnival by otokx(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
If you want to see a real carnival, go to Trinidad & Tobago or Jamaica or Bahamas or Brazil; even Mexico - that is their culture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Siddika Sanusi's Bridal Shower (Photos) / The Black Race Is Unintelligent. / Share Your Experiences of Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.