Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help (2350 Views)

My Brand New Lenovo Laptop Is Giving Me Problem, Pls Help!!! / Cisco Router Needed ASAP / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by alienvirus: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
hi all, i just got a cisco roter 1900 series. i enabled the secret on it. After i saved the configuration, the router asked me for username. All attempts have proved abortive as i only configured password not username.

PLS HELP
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by lifestyle1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
reset the router to factory default settings!
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by Maleeq(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
You may want to post your problem on this thread: Cisco Professionals.

Its a "lounge" where the Cisco gurus hide.
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2011
First thing you do when you get a new router is to wipe off the old configuration on it then reboot it, before putting in any of your own configuration. Try using cisco as username and/or password and if that doesn't work, try admin/administrator. And if it doesn't, then reset to factory defaults.
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by alienvirus: 2:36am On Dec 28, 2011
Thanks, how do I reset the factory default please because I have tried cold booting but it won't enter "rommon mode" when I pressed break button. Thanks
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2011
Ok. Try recovering the password using the procedures outlined in these documents.

Go here for procedures about recovering passwords.

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_password_recovery09186a0080b3911d.shtml

Go here if Break key doesn't work.

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a0080174a34.shtml
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by Loggix: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
alienvirus:

Thanks, how do I reset the factory default please because I have tried cold booting but it won't enter "rommon mode" when I pressed break button. Thanks

@Alien, I posted a step by step procedure, but it was deleted and I got banned by the Spambot erronously. I used the procedure on a C2900 ISR, which shares a similar Platform as the C1900. I think the issue is that your desktop is not sending the proper 'key break sequence' recognised by the Router. If your Router has a flash card, power down the Router, remove the flash card, Power up the Router and this will force it into Rommon Mode. Pls. click on my username and view previous posts to see the steps. At least that's where I found them. Good luck
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by alienvirus: 4:14am On Dec 29, 2011
Thanks. Though I have not opened up a router to see d components before. I will try to figure out the flash card and follow your procedure. Thanks!
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by Loggix: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2011
alienvirus:

Thanks. Though I have not opened up a router to see d components before. I will try to figure out the flash card and follow your procedure. Thanks!

No worries, you won't need to open the Chassis. The flash card is located in a slot on the back of the Router. If you are facing the rear panel of the Router, it will be on the lower left side of the Chassis, [C1905 and C1921 Models, same for C1941]. It is a very versatile Router [Integrated Services Router].  With the right IOS and Modules, you can do a bunch of cool stuff with that bad boy.[depending ofcourse on your model].
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by alienvirus: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
^^^^^^thank you guys! i appreciate you all so much. i was able to figure out the card and followed the steps. thanks logix
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by alienvirus: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
Meanwhile I observed after the whole process that if I issue no shut command on any interface, it will go back to shutdown automatically. Any remedy to this?
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by AbuHanifa: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
Plug in a life (with connection) cable, it must come up automatically.
Re: Cisco Router Problem: Pls Help by felinzo: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2012
Hello Allienvirus

Yes there is a remedy to your problem. If you still encounter the problem.
Contact me via email felinzo2002@yahoo.com or call 08133959957. I can fix it sharply.

(1) (Reply)

Is Zinox Computers A Scamming Company? / Hp Elitebook 8460p Keyboard Replacement / Dell Vostro 3500 Core I3 Clean In Good Perfect Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.