Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities (2245 Views)

We’ll Build Resilient Nigerian Cities – President Buhari / Multiple Bomb Blasts In Northern Nigerian City Of Maiduguri Injure Five People / Northern Nigerian Killer Muslims At Work Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by soloqy: 4:09am On Dec 28, 2011
muyoto:

Its funny how after each attack by BH, we hear reports of Southerners fleeing the North in their ''hundreds, thousands'', jam-packing the Motors parks, blah blah.

Jenifa_:

grin grin grin
they are too addicted to the north to stay away.

These people were mostly born there. There parents were most likely born there and have been living there for decades. They have built homes and businesses there. Do you think its easy to just up and leave?

Its not the same as people who have family in the south and just decide to seek employment up North.  Those in that category wont waste time to relocate back to the south and in fact, most have. But the Situation of the first group, is difficult. Where do they stay, what do they do? What happens to things they built with their families over the decades?
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by mensdept: 4:16am On Dec 28, 2011
soloqy:

These people were mostly born there. There parents were most likely born there and have been living there for decades. They have built homes and businesses there. Do you think its easy to just up and leave?

Its not the same as people who have family in the south and just decide to seek employment up North.  Those in that category wont waste time to relocate back to the south and in fact, most have. But the Situation of the first group, is difficult. Where do they stay, what do they do? What happens to things they built with their families over the decades?

Bullshyt. The Jews lived in Europe for HUNDREDS of years, and finally relocated back home. Now because of that history, countries like India, Czechslovakia, Yugoslavia, and USSR did not wait for HUNDREDS of years to do the common sense thing, and partition to spare misery. Countries like Croatia and India are better than Naija at this moment, even though they dont have the so-called wealth we have.

The point is people need to stop tying Gele and wake up. Those who decide to remain in the North/hostile region, despite the overwhelming evidence of violence, should not run anywhere from now on. Either you leave permanately, or live in the north permanately.
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by tpia5: 4:19am On Dec 28, 2011

Its not the same as people who have family in the south and just decide to seek employment up North. Those in that category wont waste time to relocate back to the south and in fact, most have. But the Situation of the first group, is difficult. Where do they stay, what do they do? What happens to things they built with their families over the decades?

even if they've spent thousands of years in the northern region- if they havent assimilated and still remember their hometowns, they should build houses there [in their home regions].

Just for emergencies such as these.
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by soloqy: 4:32am On Dec 28, 2011
mens dept:

Bullshyt. The Jews lived in Europe for HUNDREDS of years, and finally relocated back home. Now because of that history, countries like India, Czechslovakia, Yugoslavia, and USSR did not wait for HUNDREDS of years to do the common sense thing, and partition to spare misery. Countries like Croatia and India are better than Naija at this moment, even though they dont have the so-called wealth we have.

The point is people need to stop tying Gele and wake up. Those who decide to remain in the North/hostile region, despite the overwhelming evidence of violence, should not run anywhere from now on. Either you leave permanately, or live in the north permanately.

The Jews returned to land and were aided by the Government. Where have you provided for the millions to stay? How have you arranged for food? How have you arranged for their kids to be assimilated into schools?

The idea of everyone coming home is utopian and we all wish it could happen but the only way it can work is if there is a conference and subsequent agreement by the different Nations in Nigeria to stay apart, then funds can be made available for such a purpose.
The federal government cannot make provision of funds for that purpose as the Isrealis so the two situations are different. The funds needed for such resettlement would be huge and I doubt any state government can handle it.
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by mensdept: 4:45am On Dec 28, 2011
soloqy:

The Jews returned to land and were aided by the Government. Where have you provided for the millions to stay? How have you arranged for food? How have you arranged for their kids to be assimilated into schools?

The idea of everyone coming home is utopian and we all wish it could happen but the only way it can work is if there is a conference and subsequent agreement by the different Nations in Nigeria to stay apart, then funds can be made available for such a purpose.
The federal government cannot make provision of funds for that purpose as the Isrealis so the two situations are different. The funds needed for such resettlement would be huge and I doubt any state government can handle it.

Nonsense.

How many Northerners do you find in Akwa Ibom, Enugu, or Ondo State? Those Southerners that you claim were born in the North, and their parents born in the North did not just see this violence for the first time. Its been there even before "Nigeria" came, and indeed, many in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, saw the light and relocated from that wanna be Islamic state called Northern Nigeria.

Let me tell you something. If there is a national census, and the Northerners say they dont want religion nor ethnicity to be part of it, guess what- IT WONT BE A PART OF IT.

2nd, if all the Southerners came home, or all the illegal Mexicans were booted out of Yankee, guess what, all those crooks choppin money in the home states will have their days numbered, because desperate measures will ultimately call for desperate you know what. (Think the Biafran War and Russian Revolution).
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by Jenifa1: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2011
soloqy:

this makes no sense. If I was born in Japan and the Japanese decided to start killing Nigerians, will I stay in Japan because I was "born" there?
that's foolish. I will relocate ASAP. I love my life.

to me, it's greed that's keeping the igbos (and other southerners) up north. nothing else. they risk their lives for greed!!
I know I pity them but let's use common sense here.
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by Jenifa1: 6:17am On Dec 28, 2011
soloqy:

why go all the way to Israel when we have several examples close to home. Ghana must Go is one good one (Nigerians were also removed from Ghana prior who had lived in Ghana all their lives)

the federal government did not help you relocate to the north. so why should federal govt help you move back down south to your papa's village? even if Federal govt help them move back down south. most will still find their way back there within weeks. I tell you it's greed.

maybe the govt should just force them down south like Ghana must Go. but most will resist for sure.

they keep going up there and finding ways to replenish their population there. even with all the killings that has been going on for decades.
it's a choice I guess. but undeserving of my pity if they choose to do it with full knowledge of the risk involved.
Re: Southern Christains Flee Northern Nigerian Cities by efisher(m): 5:27am On Dec 30, 2011
When I was a child, I used to dream of having a house on the hills of Jos. Today, I know better. Tomorrow, there my dreams may yet come alive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

75% Of Lagosians Live In Slums - Amnesty International / Mugabe Interview / Nyako Impeachment: What Bola Tinubu Did To His "Disloyal" Deputies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.