Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? (1380 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by priest2u(m): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
Its well documented in the bible that God always delivers his people through his prophets.In Nigeria today who can we say is a prophet that God can use to deliver Christians from the devilish bomb attacks by Boko haram? I strongly believe its not God's will for people to perish in such unspeakable manner and if we truly have a prophet God could have reveal such evil plot to prophets. my question , do we really have a prophet that seeks the face of God concerning the nation?
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by Joagbaje(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
We have many prophets in Nigeria. The only difference is the fact that Israel was a nation under God. Ruled by the word of God. But nigeria has several religion . Only those who listen to the prophets prosper
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by phermmo(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
yes we hav, but d different is dat we dnt kwn d real prophet
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by ichuka(m): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
People are not ready for the truth and the true prophets we have are half-baked.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2011
Nothing happens by chance. In every generation God always reveal future events through his servants and prophets.

Watch this short drama

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gANjYVQirnE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by thehomer: 8:56am On Dec 28, 2011
Of what use will a prophet be? Any self proclaimed prophet who was unable to predict and/or prevent the regular bombings in Nigeria is not worth his salt.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by Joagbaje(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2011
Did you watch the drama? Prophets are not ordained to prevent, they can predict, and warn , it's left for hearers to ask for way out. Did Joseph prevent the dearth in Egypt , did agabus prevent the dearth in his day? . The way to prevent evil is repentance of the people towards God.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by God2man(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2011
This is a good question. Prophets are custodians of God's secret. Amos 3:7 " Surely the Lord will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." My brother, there are people in Nigeria, that have already seen the future events of year 2012. Predictions may be accurate but prophecy reveals more and it is always accurate. if we have leaders that are wise, these people should be chosen to be among the members of the advisory council. This way, before Boko haram plant their bombs, the true prophet of God would have seen it and raised alarm, because one of the responsibilties of the prophet is to be a WATCHMAN. Ezekiel 3:17" son of man, i have made thee a WATCHMAN unto the house of isreal: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me." The question i want ask is that; was there not a prophecy on the eve of 2011, that this current bombing will happen in the year 2011? The answer is a sounding YES. ( some of their prophecies are coded for some reasons, except you have a great insight, you may not understand those prophecies). Men of God from various churches gave prophecies concerning the events of 2011. It is now the responsibility of our leaders to ask questions from the true prophet of God for solutions. Alas! It did not happen. I may be wrong. The reverse is usually the case. In the bible, it was the king that inquired from elijah or elisha, but nowadays, the men of God prefer to go to Aso rock. I stand to be corected. I am not blaming those men of God, they may have a good reason , but what benefit will such visitations be without giving the Government a permanent solution to the current crisis. The problem of fake prophecies are also there. I believe prophecy is not a rumour but in every rumour there is an iota of truth. The Government should watch out for such prophecies for the coming year, and seek the opinions of those prophets whose prophecies are always accurate for a permanent solutions to this recurrent crisis. God bless Nigeria. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by ichuka(m): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
The reason i said they are half-baked is that most of them these days have 1.a price tag. 2.they are not totally "otherworldly" 3.they dont live in isolation these days(eagles lives and fly alone) 4.they have no true passion,purpose and pugnacity over God's children,most,only care about themselves and immediate family members. 5.compromise is there daily label.
God value His prophets even more than His Word!!because if His prophets are wrong His Word through them will be wrong.
The purity of the Vessel(the prophets) is directly proportional to it content(the Word).
I believe in the late 70's /early 80's we have some refine Vessels of the Lord mainly from the south west of Nigeria.but recently most Vessels in Nigeria are filled with sour grapes(Ezekiel18:2),may God have mercy and refine His Vessels in Nigeria in Jesus.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by Albert708(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
yes we have, just that the Nigerians citizens and leaders don't value them. for example look at prophet TB Joshua this is a man that God show things to come even in other nations of the world yet we do not value him.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
[size=32pt]Nigerians RETURN TO TRADITIONAL RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

[size=16pt]DONT BELIEVE IN THESE DEVILISH PROPHETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Which ones? The gods that watched while their people were packed in ships, and their idols/images packed in boxes. Then they were kept in museums, while their people became slaves.
Lmao,
No worry, Jesus and Mohammed version beta pass.
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by ichuka(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
Merely prophesying and healing the sick and casting out demons dont necessarily make's one a prophet of God.as Christains we can ask for such gifts(prophecy/healing).
The prophetic gift/ministry is not something YOU can ask for or take up as a line of profession.it's something that you ARE.(Jer1:5).
My point is this-God calls a man(from birth) to represent His Devine thought,to represent them in what he(the man called) is here on the earth.there experience in God's hand becomes there life and ministry.that is the Vessel(the prophet) himself.
is the ministry.it cant be divided,it's not an office you go to daily.the prophet and his ministry are one and the same person.in Nigeria we just need to ask for mercy and more grace from God
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2011
The Gods never interfere in human affairs. they are not our playthings. it is upto us humans to prove that we were worthy of being created. angry angry
Re: Do Nigerians Have A Prophet Over The Nation? by thehomer: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
Joagbaje:

Did you watch the drama? Prophets are not ordained to prevent, they can predict, and warn , it's left for hearers to ask for way out. Did Joseph prevent the dearth in Egypt , did agabus prevent the dearth in his day? . The way to prevent evil is repentance of the people towards God.

What is the point of predicting and warning if not to prevent the incident from happening to some people?

(1) (Reply)

. / How My Sister Died And Went To Hell, Her Encounter With Demons / Fruitfulness: Your Heritage In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.