Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped (13395 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / Marry A Canadian And Get your Paperz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by patsucess: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hi,
Please Nairalanders help me on this one Is there anyway to authenticate VISA stamped of US and Canada through websites
Also , if there is no such websites how do we go about protecting our self from such frauds and authenticating from the real VISA to SCAM because i feel some agents are playing smart on us here in Nigeria especially those that says no deposit until the visa is out.

1 Like

Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
patsucess:

Hi,
Please Nairalanders help me on this one Is there anyway to authenticate VISA stamped of US and Canada through websites
Also , if there is no such websites how do we go about protecting our self from such frauds and authenticating from the real VISA to SCAM because i feel some agents are playing smart on us here in Nigeria especially those that says no deposit until the visa is out.

There is no such website, fortunately/unfortunately you have to find out at the airport when u are leaving the country
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by patsucess: 9:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
justwise thanks for your reply,if i have to know the truth about the visa if it is real or fake at the airport before i leave the country,then i must have paid the guy that issue the visa out which is risk,i want to verify the visa before payment because those agents normally gives time to verify it,and i also know they are smart,plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guys i want someone full of experience on visa issue to help out,this is a serious case.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by Vicjustice: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
patsucess:

Hi,

patsucess:

justwise thanks for your reply,if i have to know the truth about the visa if it is real or fake at the airport before i leave the country,then i must have paid the guy that issue the visa out which is risk,i want to verify the visa before payment because those agents normally gives time to verify it,and i also know they are smart,plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guys i want someone full of experience on visa issue to help out,this is a serious case.
   Bear these in mind.
*If you got the visa through a Visa-Before-Payment "agent", bear in mind that you're most likely in a scam game.
*If you got the visa without your personal appearance at the embassy during any stage of your application, then, expect that your visa is not genuine.
*If you were told that your visa is ready, and you have not seen it, then, expect that your passport is as empty as you gave them, and that once you pay your money, you're duped.
*If the "agent" told you to pay some little money for some important documentation, then know that you've long been a victim before now.
*If an "agent" promised you a visa of no specified category, such as, tourist, visiting, student, spouse, family-reunion etc, then, know that you're into a scammer's court.
   Now, if your passport indeed has a "visa", and you have seen same, then, you can do initial check by taking it into a dark room with mercury light, and you should be able to see if the security features are highlighted just like you see them in bank notes.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by jonyjay(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2011
Will they give u the passport with the visa to go verify before u pay? If so go to airliners they will tell if it's fake or real.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
patsucess:

Did you attend visa interview at the embassy?
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by SapeleDon: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2011
@Vicjustice,jonyjay ,justwise.

Its possible that the Visa might not be a scam and it all depends on the source he gets it from.

I use to think that you can not get a US Visa without going for an interview or at least have your finger prints taken but i was wrong.

Have met a lot of people in the US and matter of fact ran into a second cousin of mine two days ago who came here on a Diplomatic Visa.

According to him,he paid a Million upfront and after the Visa came out he paid the balance of another million.

Bottom line is he never attended any interview and does not even know where the US Embassy is,and with his diplomatic passport he went to Canada some days ago before we met days to the xmas in the US.

So yes its possible.

Travel agencies usually have means of verifying visa's and thats why they take or make copies of your visa page if you are travelling to a western country and in the case of the US the travel agency you buy your ticket from needs to send your passport and visa number 76 hours before take off and if it comes back Negative then the travel agency will notify you.

They do this for all FLIGHTS going to the US to verify if a person is on the NO FLY LIST and if a record of your visa comes back negative your travel agency will let you know.

1 Like

Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 12:41am On Dec 28, 2011
Sapele_Don:

Its possible that the Visa might not be a scam and it all depends on the source he gets it from.

I use to think that you can not get a US Visa without going for an interview or at least have your finger prints taken but i was wrong.

Have met a lot of people in the US and matter of fact ran into a second cousin of mine two days ago who came here on a Diplomatic Visa.

According to him,he paid a Million upfront and after the Visa came out he paid the balance of another million.

Bottom line is he never attended any interview and does not even know where the US Embassy is,and with his diplomatic passport he went to Canada some days ago before we met days to the xmas in the US.

So yes its possible.

Travel agencies usually have means of verifying visa's and thats why they take or make copies of your visa page if you are travelling to a western country and in the case of the US the travel agency you buy your ticket from needs to send your passport and visa number 76 hours before take off and if it comes back Negative then the travel agency will notify you.

They do this for all FLIGHTS going to the US to verify if a person is on the NO FLY LIST and if a record of your visa comes back negative your travel agency will let you know.

You and your cousin are not telling the truth, you got a US or Canadian visa without attending interview or giving your biometric details?  Diplomatic visa? On which passport?
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by imperiouxx(m): 12:57am On Dec 28, 2011
One more thing OP, if the visa happens to be fake, then forget that passport because it is as better as damaged passport.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by SapeleDon: 3:31am On Dec 28, 2011
@justwise

I have met a lot of people in the US who used the diplomatic passport to come.

No interview. No finger print and thats why its called a diplomatic passport.

Did not know about Diplomatic Passport until some years ago so ask about it. Thats why people working in the External Ministry,Governors,Presidents,Ambassadors,house of Rep and Senators and a host of others with their entourage and children use when travelling.

My cousin has no reason to lie or all the others i have met.

We all Can not know everything and if this is the first time you are learning about this then do a little research about it.

Abi you don hear say Any of this people go interview before for visa?the law requires them to submit the diplomatic passport after they retire or finish their term and revert back to their personal passport but trust Naija we no dey carry last.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by oyewolejos(m): 8:06am On Dec 28, 2011
Sapele_Don:

@justwise

Did not know about Diplomatic Passport until some years ago so ask about it. Thats why people working in the External Ministry,Governors,Presidents,Ambassadors,house of Rep and Senators and a host of others with their entourage and children use when travelling.

We all Can not know everything and if this is the first time you are learning about this then do a little research about it.

Abi you don hear say Any of this people go interview before for visa?the law requires them to submit the diplomatic passport after they retire or finish their term and revert back to their personal passport but trust Naija we no dey carry last.

Oga no pun intended i think your story is too good to be true. No fingerprints in this post 911 era? Nigerian Passport Holder for that matter? For only 2 million naira
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2011
Sapele_Don:

@justwise

Let  me take it that your cousin lied to you and you believed him, the chances of anybody leaving Nigeria with fake red diplomatic passport is very very slim, if you bribed Nigerian immigration officials, you can not bribe American immigration officials.

Everything you said here is untrue, American embassy requires your finger print and interview before you will be issued a visa.

Children of diplomas are not issued a diplomatic passport, but they can apply for visa with[b] note verbale[/b] attach to their visa application making it much much easier to be issued a visa by any embassy without any problem but diplomatic wives are entitled to diplomatic passport as long as their husband still hold the office.

So your story is made up.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by Vicjustice: 10:34am On Dec 28, 2011
Sapele_Don:

So yes its possible.

Absolutely impossible, such diplomatic passport is FAKE and whoever uses it carries the risk of being questioned and arrested.
Your posts in this thread should be deleted because, you're glorifying immigration crime, encouraging fraud and tempting the poster to become a victim of its scam.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by imperiouxx(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2011
Chei! See as dem dey give somebody crunchy tacklings inside this corner o wink
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by worry246(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2011
Having a fake Nigerian passport or visa stamp will probably only result in being refused flight & ejected from airport.
However being caught with fake diplomatic passport will be much whalla!!!
I would expect police to attend and person arrested!
When you are in police station beaing beaten sorry questioned will you blame agent who tricked you?
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by SapeleDon: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
@oyewolejos as earlier stated i run across people in the US who just got in and from gist some tell you how they got in but to be honest never asked them how they did it or even go into details with them as i consider that none of my business so maybe would have known some details.

@Vicjustice there is no need to get worked up over anything as i believe we are having an intellectual discuss and not an argument where the superior argument carries the day,there are no judges here.

First and this is very important, i have never encouraged anybody in real life let alone across the internet to pay for any kind of visa services as i have always believed in going to an embassy and legitimately applying for anything and if your papers and reasons are genuine then i see no reason why a visa should not be given to anybody,but our society have this defeatist attitude that everything has to be boought or paid for and that is why people are getting scammed.

Note,the only reason i ever added my ten cents to this conversation was because of the FINGER PRINT thing and what my cousin told me which does not necessarily transcends to giving anybody encouragement to pay for a visa service,i am not an agent and will never encourage or discourage anybody who plans on travelling in whatever way they deem fit.

Ironically,lets put it mildly that i work for the Govt and on something bordering on National Security and part of my job is to police the Border so i do not encourage people to run a foul of the law so will not encourage any one to break any immigration law. I WORK FOR THE LAW so should know better.

@justwise there is a possibility that i was lied to and i will not be that stupid to argue or defend something i know nothing about. You do not know me so to come out and authoritatively say my story is made up is tantamount to calling me a liar.

Please do not call me a liar as you do not know me as that was uncalled for. All i said was what people told me and i have never authenticated their stories if its true or not and i did not call them liars or said they made up their stories.

Everybody has his story and i dont know in what country you reside in but if you reside in the US you will hear stories of people and how they entered this country and you will SHOUT its impossible, but yes they came in. Some stories you hear you will find it hard to believe and it is the MARK of an EDUCATED MAN to have an open mind to issues instead of the MENTALITY that everything you dont know about is a lie,you cannot know all.

I come here to read Nigeria news and stumbled on the travel section by mistake which makes interesting reading and have basically kept my opinions to myself.

Who ever wants to TRAVEL OUT should do the right thing by going to the embassy themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by alfablondy: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2011
Sapele_Don:

@oyewolejos as earlier stated i run across people in the US who just got in and from gist some tell you how they got in but to be honest never asked them how they did it or even go into details with them as i consider that none of my business so maybe would have known some details.

@Vicjustice there is no need to get worked up over anything as i believe we are having an intellectual discuss and not an argument where the superior argument carries the day,there are no judges here.

First and this is very important, i have never encouraged anybody in real life let alone across the internet to pay for any kind of visa services as i have always believed in going to an embassy and legitimately applying for anything and if your papers and reasons are genuine then i see no reason why a visa should not be given to anybody,but our society have this defeatist attitude that everything has to be boought or paid for and that is why people are getting scammed.

Note,the only reason i ever added my ten cents to this conversation was because of the FINGER PRINT thing and what my cousin told me which does not necessarily transcends to giving anybody encouragement to pay for a visa service,i am not an agent and will never encourage or discourage anybody who plans on travelling in whatever way they deem fit.

Ironically,lets put it mildly that i work for the Govt and on something bordering on National Security and part of my job is to police the Border so i do not encourage people to run a foul of the law so will not encourage any one to break any immigration law. I WORK FOR THE LAW so should know better.

@justwise there is a possibility that i was lied to and i will not be that silly to argue or defend something i know nothing about. You do not know me so to come out and authoritatively say my story is made up is tantamount to calling me a liar.

Please do not call me a liar as you do not know me as that was uncalled for. All i said was what people told me and i have never authenticated their stories if its true or not and i did not call them liars or said they made up their stories.

Everybody has his story and i dont know in what country you reside in but if you reside in the US you will hear stories of people and how they entered this country and you will SHOUT its impossible, but yes they came in. Some stories you hear you will find it hard to believe and[b] it is the MARK of an EDUCATED MAN to have an open mind to issues instead of the MENTALITY that everything you dont know about is a lie,you cannot know all.[/b]

I come here to read Nigeria news and stumbled on the travel section by mistake which makes interesting reading and have basically kept my opinions to myself.

Who ever wants to TRAVEL OUT should do the right thing by going to the embassy themselves.

@ sapele I understand how you feel. I visit Nairaland everyday especially the travel section and read any topic or news that interest me on the front page, Vicjustice and Justwise are very popular here, I can say both of them are very intelligent and well versed from their responses to comments on this forum, sometimes the response especially to comments from someone that is not popular or regular here make one feels they think they no it all and always right. In my view this travel section belong to them and some folks here and not to nairalanders. My brother please no vex, you can only be seen as a good person on travel section if you always agreed with their views especially Justwise. Vic justice is already calling for your post to be deleted.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-832978.0.html#msg9843691

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-829830.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-810125.0.html#msg9626471
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by patsucess: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2011
I thank you guys for your contributions on this topic,believe me what everyone has commented here has really broadening my sense of reasoning and i have noted them,you guys are the best.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
Sapele_Don:

@justwise there is a possibility that i was lied to and i will not be that silly to argue or defend something i know nothing about. You do not know me so to come out and authoritatively say my story is made up is tantamount to calling me a liar.

Everybody has his story and i dont know in what country you reside in but if you reside in the US you will hear stories of people and how they entered this country and you will SHOUT its impossible, but yes they came in. Some stories you hear you will find it hard to believe and it is the MARK of an EDUCATED MAN to have an open mind to issues instead of the MENTALITY that everything you dont know about is a lie,you cannot know all.

The story your cousin and other people you ran into told you are made up, MARK of an EDUCATED man is to listen to whatever you are told but you don't necessarily have to believe it only if you are certain that its true.

Some element of your post indicates that you believed what you were told and come out to defend it.

Each time i have disagreement with some people here they come up with this over flogged line: Nobody knows it all . . . i never claimed to know it all, we all have our opinions on issues here, when you make misleading comment here don't expect people to over look it, somebody may challenge you on that and its up to you to come out and defend it.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
alfablondy:

@ sapele I understand how you feel. I visit Nairaland everyday especially the travel section and read any topic or news that interest me on the front page, Vicjustice and Justwise are very popular here, I can say both of them are very intelligent and well versed from their responses to comments on this forum, sometimes the response especially to comments from someone that is not popular or regular here make one feels they think they no it all and always right. In my view this travel section belong to them and some folks here and not to nairalanders. My brother please no vex, you can only be seen as a good person on travel section if you always agreed with their views especially Justwise. Vic justice is already calling for your post to be deleted.

Let me pretend as if i did not see that line for now.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by imperiouxx(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
justwise:

Let me pretend as if i did not see that line for now.

lol wink
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by Vicjustice: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2011
alfablondy:

I don't accept that "Justwise and Vicjustice" are so foolishly arrogant that "they would only see those who agree with their opinions as good people", and i don't accept that if someone makes a true and reasonable comment the two would turn it into falsehood. But if anyone makes any misleading comment, it is everyone's responsibility to respond and put things right to prevent damage; and Sapele_Don's contributions in this matter are dangerous
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by newmusic: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
See grammar!!!
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by anfanio: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
Sapele_Don:

You work for the law and you are encouraging the 'sale' of Diplomatic passport, now you understand why there is no respect for the Nigerian pasport or its carrier. With the help of people like you the Nigerian Diplomatic passport will soon be useless.
Re: Website To Verify Canadian And U.s Visa Stamped by suxes2006(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
Subscribed!

(1) (Reply)

Immigration Suspends $90 Biometric Visa On Arrival Policy / Cows On Akure Airport Runway: FAAN Apologises / Hyginus Omeje Describes Taking photos at accident scenes worrisome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.